PDA

View Full Version : Colts Should Pursue Tim Tebow to Salvage Lost Season

bronclvr
09-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will likely miss the rest of the season due to a lingering neck problem, according to WISH-TV. With only a banged up Kerry Collins and a dreadful Curtis Painter left on the roster, the Colts should attempt a radical move and trade for Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow.

Why? It's simple.

The Colts are doomed without Manning. Their dream of becoming the first team to play in the Super Bowl on home turf is over. So why not bring in a money-making machine that will sell tickets and merchandise and give fans a reason to tune in every Sunday?

It's clear that Tebow is not a part of the Broncos' plans moving forward and he probably wouldn't be a part of the Colts', either. That said, he can't be any worse than Painter, who missed a wide open Pierre Garcon to cost the Colts their first win on Sunday.

Regardless of whether or not you like Tebow, there is no denying his popularity. It's unprecedented for a second-year quarterback with 82 career pass attempts to be one of the most marketable players in the entire NFL.

That's the case with Tebow.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/865889-peyton-manning-injury-colts-should-pursue-tim-tebow-to-salvage-lost-season

TheReverend
09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Yay for bleacherreport!

prunch
09-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Bleacher Report is not a valid sports reporting site. It is a bunch of Fans reporting their opinion as articles.

bronco militia
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
lol!

**** THE COLTS!

jhns
09-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Bleacher report should be banned from the internet.

zdoor
09-29-2011, 09:43 AM
We should continue to trade young players before we know what we have. It's worked out exceptionally well for us so far....

vancejohnson82
09-29-2011, 10:14 AM
its great how they quote the television station "WISH-TV"

NFLBRONCO
09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah like Tebow is high on anyones list around the league.

TailgateNut
09-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah like Tebow is high on anyones list around the league.

as if Tebow could walk in Jugheads' shoes.Hilarious!.....in anyones' shoes, for that matter...Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
The bleacher report should trade for real reporters.

broncosteven
09-29-2011, 11:49 AM
It occurred to me that this possible scenario could happen:

Indy gets 1st pick in draft, Luck refuses to go to indy, denver trades beadles and their 1st to indy for luck.

Maybe it was all the meds...

Durango
09-29-2011, 11:51 AM
The Colts are intentionally headed toward the #1 pick and Andrew Luck. Granted, they will have to overcome the all consuming suck that is Kansas City and Miami, but after putting key defensive starters on IR today, they certainly look like the frontrunners.

Que
09-29-2011, 11:59 AM
We should continue to trade young players before we know what we have. It's worked out exceptionally well for us so far....

This.

crush17
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
The Colts are intentionally headed toward the #1 pick and Andrew Luck. Granted, they will have to overcome the all consuming suck that is Kansas City and Miami, but after putting key defensive starters on IR today, they certainly look like the frontrunners.

Right! I saw both Bullit and Bracket went on IR today. Welcome to Indy, Andrew Luck.

FantomForce
09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
so I guess the real question is would you want the rookie Luck for Tebow, cuz there is no other way this deal goes down

Kaylore
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I guess it depends on which season of Lost the Colts want to save.

bendog
09-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Trade him for the right to flip flop no1's if we want. (-:

McDman
09-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Every time someone posts a bleacher report article a little of me dies inside.

MacGruder
09-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so negative about Bleacher Report articles.. at least us fans know more about our favorite teams than the actual media.

Real journalists have far too many conflicting agendas and pressure to keep them from writing what should be written.

DomCasual
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so negative about Bleacher Report articles.. at least us fans know more about our favorite teams than the actual media.

Real journalists have far too many conflicting agendas and pressure to keep them from writing what should be written.

Real journalists actually get to personally interact with the players and coaches about which they write.

Bleacher Report journalists get to interact with their mothers and fathers, when they come up from their basements to get a bowl of cereal.

Other than that, I think you're right - it makes no sense.

MacGruder
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Real journalists actually get to personally interact with the players and coaches about which they write.

What does interacting with the players have to do with what happens on the field?

Woody Paige interacted with Tebow and totally took his comments out of context to make an entertaining article.. regardless of whether it was accurate or not.

Just illustrates to perfection the original comment I made...

Agamemnon
09-29-2011, 05:36 PM

Bleacher Report journalists get to interact with their mothers and fathers, when they come up from their basements to get a bowl of cereal.

Other than that, I think you're right - it makes no sense.

By "real journalists" I hope you don't mean the people at ESPN or the Denver Post. It would be hilarious if you did though...

McDman
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
MacGruder is back?

Here we go again.

MacGruder
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
MacGruder is back?

Here we go again.

Your comment says it all. It's people like you that are the problem.. not me. You are already blaming me for not doing anything. I never did anything from the beginning.

This must be some game you play no matter who the "MacGruder" is... if you can't find someone who fits the bill it doesn't matter.. you will claim they do.

I thin people like you just pile on to be part od the group so they don't come after you too...

vancejohnson82
09-29-2011, 11:57 PM
to be honest, since his return MacGruder hasn't said anything too over the top

AlphaSeirra
09-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Trade or cut Tebow,,,,, pleeeeeze.

MacGruder
09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
They just had an interesting quote from Tiki Barber from a show on the NFL channel about Kurt Warner. Tiki said if they had changed the system on the Giants Kurt Warner could have been just as successful there...

This is the same issue with Fox and Tebow right now.. and likely why Tebow is being called 4th string and why cam Newton is being raved about..

TonyR
09-30-2011, 08:12 PM

You'd perhaps have better a better argument if the same people didn't also bash the "real journalists"...

TonyR
09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Tiki said if they had changed the system on the Giants Kurt Warner could have been just as successful there...

Could be, but keep in mind that Tiki is the king of sour grapes. Also keep in mind that the Giants won a Super Bowl after Warner left, do it's not like the organizatoin didn't know what they were doing.

MacGruder
10-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Could be, but keep in mind that Tiki is the king of sour grapes. Also keep in mind that the Giants won a Super Bowl after Warner left, do it's not like the organizatoin didn't know what they were doing.

I think what Tiki is saying makes a lot of sense though. You need to build a system that complements the QB you have. The Giants conventional pro style complements Eli Manning and it didn't complement Kurt Warner.

This is why I think it is crazy to try to force Tebow in a round hole. They either need to adapt the system or trade Tebow. It's the smart thing for both parties.

Maybe the Broncos don't want to trade Tebow because they won't get the same value in return that they gave up to get him.. but keeping him is causing big problems for the organization.

peacepipe
10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I think what Tiki is saying makes a lot of sense though. You need to build a system that complements the QB you have. The Giants conventional pro style complements Eli Manning and it didn't complement Kurt Warner.This is why I think it is crazy to try to force Tebow in a round hole. They either need to adapt the system or trade Tebow. It's the smart thing for both parties.

Maybe the Broncos don't want to trade Tebow because they won't get the same value in return that they gave up to get him.. but keeping him is causing big problems for the organization.those changes were relatively minor. Kurt warner & Eli Manning are both pocket passers. besides eli manning got drafted top 5 everyone knew warner wasn't going to remain the starter. the system,like all other systems that use a pocket passer was being installed for Elis' benefit,not Warners. To change the current system to a system that uses a running Qb would be a very significant change. It's why philly signed vince young. they went all in on Vick,limiting themselves to running QBs as the only option at back up.

Swedish Extrovert
10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
It occurred to me that this possible scenario could happen:

Indy gets 1st pick in draft, Luck refuses to go to indy, denver trades beadles and their 1st to indy for luck.

Maybe it was all the meds...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100121

I'm pretty sure a another guy said it even before me.

Punisher
10-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will likely miss the rest of the season due to a lingering neck problem, according to WISH-TV. With only a banged up Kerry Collins and a dreadful Curtis Painter left on the roster, the Colts should attempt a radical move and trade for Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow.

Why? It's simple.

The Colts are doomed without Manning. Their dream of becoming the first team to play in the Super Bowl on home turf is over. So why not bring in a money-making machine that will sell tickets and merchandise and give fans a reason to tune in every Sunday?

It's clear that Tebow is not a part of the Broncos' plans moving forward and he probably wouldn't be a part of the Colts', either. That said, he can't be any worse than Painter, who missed a wide open Pierre Garcon to cost the Colts their first win on Sunday.

Regardless of whether or not you like Tebow, there is no denying his popularity. It's unprecedented for a second-year quarterback with 82 career pass attempts to be one of the most marketable players in the entire NFL.

That's the case with Tebow.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/865889-peyton-manning-injury-colts-should-pursue-tim-tebow-to-salvage-lost-season

Read Thread
http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

I know the Punisher is such a stupid poster

MacGruder
10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
those changes were relatively minor. Kurt warner & Eli Manning are both pocket passers. besides eli manning got drafted top 5 everyone knew warner wasn't going to remain the starter. the system,like all other systems that use a pocket passer was being installed for Elis' benefit,not Warners. To change the current system to a system that uses a running Qb would be a very significant change. It's why philly signed vince young. they went all in on Vick,limiting themselves to running QBs as the only option at back up.

One thing I think people have no understanding of is that changing your system isn't a bad thing.. having a system that isn't conventional will give opposing teams fits trying to match up with it.

This is hy I think people are missing the boat with Tebow so much.. it is incredibly RARE to have a QB so unique and dominant. Most teams don't change because there aren't QBS this uique that are this good. But people look at it wrong.. they think team don't run unique offenses because they don't work.. Tebow at Florida is proof of how valuable it is.. whether it's college or not.

People say Tebow's methods won't work in the NFL he won;t' last.. they are missing the point though because he doesn't have to run as much as he did in college.. he just has to run more than the QBs he faces. Why wouldn't he be able to do that? Who is more suited to do it than him? That edge he has will be the difference.

If Orton realized this he would be smart to embrace it too. I think it is juts a matter of time before 2 Qbs like Tebow and Orton dominate interchanging a run/pass QBs. If Orton got other on the team to buy in rather than be divided they could really achieve something - like Vick and Young might.

JPPT1974
10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Well seems as though the Colts season is in trouble now that PM might be missing for the year. And Kerry Collins is nearly 40. And Curtis Painter well, won't go there.

randomtask
10-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Your comment says it all. It's people like you that are the problem.. not me. You are already blaming me for not doing anything. I never did anything from the beginning.

This must be some game you play no matter who the "MacGruder" is... if you can't find someone who fits the bill it doesn't matter.. you will claim they do.

I thin people like you just pile on to be part od the group so they don't come after you too...

You know what? You're right. It's not you that's causing any problems, it's the rest of the forum that are troublemakers. The whole damn forum is the problem, not you.

The truth is that we all swore an oath to ridicule you when we signed up for the website, no matter how sane your views are, or how eloquently you make your points, or how much you vary your way of making said points.

It really is kind of a conspiracy.

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 06:20 PM
You know what? You're right. It's not you that's causing any problems, it's the rest of the forum that are troublemakers. The whole damn forum is the problem, not you.

The truth is that we all swore an oath to ridicule you when we signed up for the website, no matter how sane your views are, or how eloquently you make your points, or how much you vary your way of making said points.

It really is kind of a conspiracy.

Shhh...you weren't supposed to tell him about that...

randomtask
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Shhh...you weren't supposed to tell him about that...

I have a problem keeping secrets, I admit...