PDA

View Full Version : Moving on..... It's Charger week

OBF1
09-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Since it has been determined by the orangemane posters that kyle orton will be starting week 4 vs the Packers in Green Bay, I have already concluded that we take a beating and drop to 1-3 against a team that is superior at about every position....

I am looking ahead to week 5 with our home game against the hated san diego chargers. As we clearly remember, SD beat us at home last year by a few points. What gives you hope that we have a chance to beat the chargers this year?

Positives: Phillip Rivers is not having a very good year. Darrin Sproles is gone. It is still "Early" in the season, chargers are known for slow starts. The charger defense does not seem very good to me so far.

Negatives: Will denver be at full strength? and

Denver will not be starting/playing Tim Tebow like we did in week 17 last season.

If Denver reverts to last lears form, I get a feeling that fans will be chanting alot of Tebow before half time.

What do you think?

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
:spit:

lets just skip to the bye week

mkporter
09-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Since it has been determined by the orangemane posters that kyle orton will be starting week 4 vs the Packers in Green Bay, I have already concluded that we take a beating and drop to 1-3 against a team that is superior at about every position....

I am looking ahead to week 5 with our home game against the hated san diego chargers. As we clearly remember, SD beat us at home last year by a few points. What gives you hope that we have a chance to beat the chargers this year?

Positives: Phillip Rivers is not having a very good year. Darrin Sproles is gone. It is still "Early" in the season, chargers are known for slow starts. The charger defense does not seem very good to me so far.

Negatives: Will denver be at full strength? and

Denver will not be starting/playing Tim Tebow like we did in week 17 last season.

If Denver reverts to last lears form, I get a feeling that fans will be chanting alot of Tebow before half time.

What do you think?

I'm at least hoping that our injury situation looks better by the time we play them. They aren't exactly lighting the world on fire, so I don't think it is out of the question that we could pick up a win. Barring injury, Orton will play. If they are going to make a switch it will be after the bye. I'm predicting victory (mostly because I'm flying out to go to the game).

boltaneer
09-26-2011, 03:55 PM
"One game at a time."

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't know if i want our team to win this game.If we win, Fox will start Orton after the bye week.

Dagmar
09-26-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't know if i want our team to win this game.If we win, Fox will start Orton after the bye week.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/83843d1217991837-animated-gif-thread-wtf.gif

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 04:30 PM
http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attachments/screenshots/83843d1217991837-animated-gif-thread-wtf.gif

I want Denver to lose next 2 games so that Fox starts Tebow.

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Rivers always seems to play well against the Broncos. I sure wish Tebow was starting at QB.

Irish Stout
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM

Change you name to Boo Broncos or something else lame. Maybe "I hate Broncos" would be a good one.

I want the Broncos to win every friggin game that they can so that.... THEY WIN EVERY FRIGGIN GAME THEY CAN. Everyone else with other motives can suck off and cheer for the Chargers.

Go Broncos! But boo go_broncos, p*ssy ass anti-fan.

baja
09-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Ayers will have the game of his life against SD

Ugly Duck
09-26-2011, 05:28 PM
What gives you hope that we have a chance to beat the chargers this year?

Sandy Eggo had trouble with KC last game. Proof positive that sometimes they don't play too good.....

RhymesayersDU
09-26-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm wondering about the health of Gates. Could be big. He seems to have foot issues yearly.

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Change you name to Boo Broncos or something else lame. Maybe "I hate Broncos" would be a good one.

I want the Broncos to win every friggin game that they can so that.... THEY WIN EVERY FRIGGIN GAME THEY CAN. Everyone else with other motives can suck off and cheer for the Chargers.

Well..i also want broncos to win every game.
In this case, it is good to lose few games so that we get to know if Tebow can play QB this season.

You win by losing.

Go Orton..Play your natural game so that we can lose.

gunns
09-26-2011, 06:19 PM

This doesn't seem like just a slow start again. Rivers generally played well even during those slow starts. He is not this year.

Well..i also want broncos to win every game.
In this case, it is good to lose few games so that we get to know if Tebow can play QB this season.

You win by losing.

Go Orton..Play your natural game so that we can lose.

How do you know they will start Tebow? How do you know we win if we start Tebow? I can tell you, you don't. But you are rooting for the Broncos to lose based on your own narrow minded delusion. Unbelievable.

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Errrr ... who comes after the Chargers?

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
This doesn't seem like just a slow start again. Rivers generally played well even during those slow starts. He is not this year.

How do you know they will start Tebow? How do you know we win if we start Tebow? I can tell you, you don't. But you are rooting for the Broncos to lose based on your own narrow minded delusion. Unbelievable.

I'd like to see tebow much more than id like to see orton.. not necessarily because I think we'll start winning right away, but because I don't see the point in starting a player that isn't a part of this teams future while we are in this rebuilding phase.. you should stop taking peoples opinions so personal and lighten up a bit.. imo its people like yourself who ruin orangmane by being so quick to jump on someones case for stating their opinion UNBELIEVABLE.

Aftermath
09-26-2011, 06:35 PM
34-17 chuggers

OBF1
09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Errrr ... who comes after the Chargers?

We will not lose the week after the charger game Casey..... BYE WEEK !Booya!

ScottXray
09-26-2011, 06:42 PM

I would agree but there is NO guarantee that Tebow gets to play at all.

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
I would agree but there is NO guarantee that Tebow gets to play at all.

ok..then we will be in contention to draft luck..

mustangtoby
09-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I love my Broncos, but if they lose the next two and don't sit KO, I will prolly quit watching and start listening on the radio while I do somthing productive. I can't keep watching Orton, I'm sorry but I can't.

tsiguy96
09-26-2011, 07:50 PM
I love my Broncos, but if they lose the next two and don't sit KO, I will prolly quit watching and start listening on the radio while I do somthing productive. I can't keep watching Orton, I'm sorry but I can't.

im already to the point that if the game is starting and im not home, im not going to rush home to catch the kickoff. im not missing a whole lot.

Dagmar
09-26-2011, 07:56 PM

This attitude is becoming prevalent.

Blueflame
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
I'd like to see tebow much more than id like to see orton.. not necessarily because I think we'll start winning right away, but because I don't see the point in starting a player that isn't a part of this teams future while we are in this rebuilding phase.. you should stop taking peoples opinions so personal and lighten up a bit.. imo its people like yourself who ruin orangmane by being so quick to jump on someones case for stating their opinion UNBELIEVABLE.

It's nice to see that in the single month you've been here, you're able to identify "what's ruining the Mane" as "posters who have been here for years" and beyond that, to start lecturing others regarding "the proper response to others' posts".

Channeling Mock here: "STFU, noob". :P

t-diddy
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM

How do you do this? Seriously, do you sit there and watch the game hoping that the defense gives up a touchdown? Hoping Orton throws a pick? Do you celebrate when we go three and out?

I want to see what Tebow will do as much as the next guy but i just don't understand how you can actually root against your team.

Requiem
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Go_Broncos is a rahtahd.

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 08:31 PM
It's nice to see that in the single month you've been here, you're able to identify "what's ruining the Mane" as "posters who have been here for years" and beyond that, to start lecturing others regarding "the proper response to others' posts".

Channeling Mock here: "STFU, noob". :P

ill admit my "ruining orangemane" comment may have been a bit out of line, but these days you cant say anything without someone wanting to get on your case.. and as far as me being a "noob" and only being here for a single month goes, ive been using this site for many years and just recently started posting.. also the amount of posts you have doesn't dictate what you can and can't say "blueflame".. dont bother replying to this cuz im not gonna sit here and argue with some internet tough guy :welcome:

spdirty
09-26-2011, 09:05 PM

Ok superfan, let me ask you this. IF 1-15 in 2011 is the primary reason why the Broncos get to 13-3 and realistic super bowl contendership the next several years starting in 2014, would you rather take that, or 5-11 in 2011 to get to 9-7 in 2014 with an uncertain future?

Blueflame
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
ill admit my "ruining orangemane" comment may have been a bit out of line, but these days you cant say anything without someone wanting to get on your case.. and as far as me being a "noob" and only being here for a single month goes, ive been using this site for many years and just recently started posting.. also the amount of posts you have doesn't dictate what you can and can't say "blueflame".. dont bother replying to this cuz im not gonna sit here and argue with some internet tough guy :welcome:

Honest question: Do you believe that "go_broncos" made a post here on the Mane, stating that he wants the Broncos to lose... with the expectation that no one else here would take issue with that statement?

No, he knew he was expressing a very controversial opinion and he's been here long enough to know that he was going to get dogpiled for it. Furthermore, what Gunns said in response was pretty mild compared to a lot I've seen here and elsewhere in cyberspace.

I'm amused... been called a lot of things, but it's a first for "internet tough guy".

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Honest question: Do you believe that "go_broncos" made a post here on the Mane, stating that he wants the Broncos to lose... with the expectation that no one else here would take issue with that statement?

No, he knew he was expressing a very controversial opinion and he's been here long enough to know that he was going to get dogpiled for it. Furthermore, what Gunns said in response was pretty mild compared to a lot I've seen here and elsewhere in cyberspace.

I'm amused... been called a lot of things, but it's a first for "internet tough guy".

well theres a first time for everything.. you can expect things like that after comments like "STFU noob"..

Blueflame
09-26-2011, 09:59 PM
well theres a first time for everything.. you can expect things like that after comments like "STFU noob"..

Fair enough... but yanno, this little smiley here :P generally means the comment isn't intended to be taken "dead seriously". :thumbsup:

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Fair enough... but yanno, this little smiley here :P generally means the comment isn't intended to be taken "dead seriously". :thumbsup:

hahah you have a point.. sorry for the hostility bud

Hamrob
09-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah...I wonder if guys like Fox and Elway truly understand that the vast majority do not want to see Orton at QB?

Because, I just don't see us being a playoff team with him at the hilt. I don't think that many fans do. In fact he's what...5-19 his last 24 games. I mean, come on!

This team is clearly not a playoff team...so, what's the point. Let's make the veterans happy? Who? The hell with them...they're losing and have been losing for a long time. Who really cares what they want....because all they know is losing.

Play Tebow! See whether he is worth handing the keys to next year. If he is...great, we will have determined that McD didn't waste the 1st round pick he spent on him...and enjoyed his maturation in the process. If not, oh well...then, we draft a kid next year.

Playing Orton....only can result in the following:

1. Pissing the fan base off (the majority)
2. No chance for the playoffs
3. Not knowing where Tebow is in his development
4. Allowing losers to believe they make the calls!

Dagmar
09-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Yeah...I wonder if guys like Fox and Elway truly understand that the vast majority do not want to see Orton at QB?

Because, I just don't see us being a playoff team with him at the hilt. I don't think that many fans do. In fact he's what...5-19 his last 24 games. I mean, come on!

This team is clearly not a playoff team...so, what's the point. Let's make the veterans happy? Who? The hell with them...they're losing and have been losing for a long time. Who really cares what they want....because all they know is losing.

Play Tebow! See whether he is worth handing the keys to next year. If he is...great, we will have determined that McD didn't waste the 1st round pick he spent on him...and enjoyed his maturation in the process. If not, oh well...then, we draft a kid next year.

Playing Orton....only can result in the following:

1. Pissing the fan base off (the majority)
2. No chance for the playoffs
3. Not knowing where Tebow is in his development
4. Allowing losers to believe they make the calls!

I think they know and that's why Elway tweeted about it. To be honest, Fox's endorsement of Orton today wasn't as emphatic as in the past and he wouldn't talk about the future.

baja
09-26-2011, 10:26 PM
im already to the point that if the game is starting and im not home, im not going to rush home to catch the kickoff. im not missing a whole lot.

I forgot that last weeks game was the early game and missed the entire game and did not feel bad one bit. When I saw we lost by only 3 points on the road. I thought to my self that's better than I thought we would do. Sad!

maven
09-26-2011, 10:29 PM
34-31

Orton throws 432 yards, 3 TD's, and 1 rushing TD

Broncos feel good heading into the bye.

Blueflame
09-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I forgot that last weeks game was the early game and missed the entire game and did not feel bad one bit. When I saw we lost by only 3 points on the road. I thought to my self that's better than I thought we would do. Sad!

There were things to feel good about in that game, Baja. For one, we weren't consistently losing the field position battle (meaning improvement by special teams) and secondly, our defense pretty much stuffed their ground game, making it a nonfactor. Unfortunately, they were kinder to Hasselbeck, but I'm seeing improvement in that expectations were for CJ to rack up 100 yards or more ... which didn't happen.

crawdad
09-27-2011, 07:21 AM
hahah you have a point.. sorry for the hostility bud

Jake you need to be a little more observant! Bud is a budette! Please note her avatar and notes!

Stagger Lee
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
We will not lose the week after the charger game Casey..... BYE WEEK !Booya!

Don't be so sure. The early Vegas line is bye week minus 7 1/2.

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 10:24 AM
There were things to feel good about in that game, Baja. For one, we weren't consistently losing the field position battle (meaning improvement by special teams) and secondly, our defense pretty much stuffed their ground game, making it a nonfactor. Unfortunately, they were kinder to Hasselbeck, but I'm seeing improvement in that expectations were for CJ to rack up 100 yards or more ... which didn't happen.

We stuffed Chris Johnson last year as well...

KO5K
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Stopping CJ right now really doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, he's been god awful. Titans fans are not happy.

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Stopping CJ right now really doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment, he's been god awful. Titans fans are not happy.

If that o-line can't open up holes against us of all teams, then it really probably isn't Chris Johnson's fault.

Blueflame
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM

It's still a good day for the defense when they're able to limit one of the league's top RBs.... especially with some of our top guys sidelined.

Now we need for our young O-line to start to "gel" and to establish our own ground game. :thumbsup:

Pick Six
09-27-2011, 03:19 PM

It's still possible that Quinn would be the next choice for Fox, not Tebow...

Hit27
09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I am sorry...but there is no way I could ever hope our team looses any game for any reason....I know it has not been good with Orton but to root for your team to loose a game just is flat out wrong...I am sorry

Simple Jake
09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Jake you need to be a little more observant! Bud is a budette! Please note her avatar and notes!

My phone doesn't display avatars for some reason.. my mistake budette

go_broncos
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
It's still possible that Quinn would be the next choice for Fox, not Tebow...

atleast its not Orton.

extralife
09-27-2011, 05:05 PM

ladies and gentlemen: the face of Denver sports, 2011. go hug a bus.