PDA

View Full Version : If Orton got benched/injured...

smoke4815162342
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
does anyone actually think Tebow would be playing over Quinn? It seems the coaching staff and/or front office would be much more likely to give it to Quinn.

Rock Chalk
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Good question. They wont even put Tebow in on goal-line situations. I mean wtf, even I, who hates Tebow more than I dislike the thought of Orton being our starter, would have put Tebow in on 1st and ****ing goal from the 2 or whatever.

OBF1
09-26-2011, 01:54 PM
IF.... Your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle.

bendog
09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
So long as there's a possibilty of playoffs, even though you me and the world knows the liklihood is slim to none, they gotta play whoever they think gives them a better chance to win. You think it's Tebow, they don't. Once they're 4 or 5 games under .500, it's pretty much over, and they better throw the kid to the ... Lions.

Rabb
I very much believe they would go with Quinn, why stop the retarded decisions now?

bronco militia
I expect Quinn to go in after Orton....

Mogulseeker
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
The first thing I said after he went do was "What's it gonna be, Tebow or Quinn... then Orton was in the huddle."

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm 99% on board with the contract escalator conspiracy theory. That 1% of me is still naive and wants to believe my favorite team doesn't give a shiat about anything but winning.

Mogulseeker
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Hell, if we're 1-4 heading into the bye, I'm all for starting Tebow.

BroncoInferno
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm 99% on board with the contract escalator conspiracy theory. That 1% of me is still naive and wants to believe my favorite team doesn't give a shiat about anything but winning.

The reason I still tend not to buy that argument is because that would mean that Fox is letting the front office dictate who he plays. You would have to believe that Fox knows Tebow gives the team a better chance to win, but is sitting Tebow because Elway and the front office gang told him he had to. Do you really believe that? Having followed Fox in the local press over the years, he just doesn't strike me as the sort who would have signed up for that. One of the reasons why Fox wanted out of Carolina is because Richardson jettisoned his veterans and stayed inactive in FA in favor of playing younger guys. That didn't sit too well with him. Right or wrong, I think he truly feels Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

KO5K
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I have no doubt it would be Quinn.

A lot of people say they just want anyone but Orton but for me it really is just Tebow, watching Quinn walk out onto that field would piss me off tremendously.

peacepipe
09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
It will be quinn. I highly doubt Fox is going to skip over the #2 QB.

Agamemnon
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
The reason I still tend not to buy that argument is because that would mean that Fox is letting the front office dictate who he plays. You would have to believe that Fox knows Tebow gives the team a better chance to win, but is sitting Tebow because Elway and the front office gang told him he had to. Do you really believe that? Having followed Fox in the local press over the years, he just doesn't strike me as the sort who would have signed up for that. One of the reasons why Fox wanted out of Carolina is because Richardson jettisoned his veterans and stayed inactive in FA in favor of playing younger guys. That didn't sit too well with him. Right or wrong, I think he truly feels Orton gives the team the best chance to win.

It's also possible that Fox is a complete imbecile. Yep that's definitely another possible explanation.

Agamemnon
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I have no doubt it would be Quinn.

A lot of people say they just want anyone but Orton but for me it really is just Tebow, watching Quinn walk out onto that field would piss me off tremendously.

After he looked like his old Cleveland self in that last preseason game, I agree. If they play Quinn before Tebow I'll probably puke in my mouth a little bit.

fontaine
09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
If Orton is benched and Quinn starts ahead of Tebow . . .

It would be WWIII, Wrestlemania, and the Rapture all rolled into one for the OrangeMane.

peacepipe
09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
After he looked like his old Cleveland self in that last preseason game, I agree. If they play Quinn before Tebow I'll probably puke in my mouth a little bit.

quinns overall play during pre-season games & practice have far exceeded that of tebow.

eddie mac
09-26-2011, 02:16 PM

In this day and age of internet reporting, twitter etc etc for not one established reporter to even mention this as an issue, nevermind a rumourmonger out there hinting at it, leans me towards the fact that it's bull****.

Gort
quinns overall play during pre-season games & practice have far exceeded that of tebow.

i call shenanigans! SHENANIGANS!!

Dr. Broncenstein

I watched Fox come away with zero points from first and goal at the 2, with probably the best red zone weapon sitting on the bench. I then watched as we preceded to lose by 3. So I'm not convinced he'll do whatever gives him the best chance to win. In fact, I'm pretty sure he won't.

eddie mac

It would be WWIII, Wrestlemania, and the Rapture all rolled into one for the OrangeMane.

You reckon the Broncos give a **** about less than 1% of the fanbase???

BroncoInferno
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
I watched Fox come away with zero points from first and goal at the 2, with probably the best red zone weapon sitting on the bench. I then watched as we preceded to lose by 3. So I'm not convinced he'll do whatever gives him the best chance to win. In fact, I'm pretty sure he won't.

I think that has more to do with hubris than concern over escalators.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
i call shenanigans! SHENANIGANS!!

in practice yes lmao!

...in games, not a chance.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I think that has more to do with hubris than concern over escalators.

Whatever the root incentive, the idea that Fox will do whatever gives him the best chance to win is flat wrong. Scoring a touchdown from 1st and goal at the two gives you the best chance to win.

DrFate
09-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Except for, you know, the preseason

BroncoInferno
09-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Whatever the root incentive, the idea that Fox will do whatever gives him the best chance to win is flat wrong.

Well, I think Fox will do whatever he perceives is in the best interest of winning. Whether or not his perception is correct is another matter.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
fox will use all his bullets before he uses the nuke

DrFate
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
If Orton turned his ankle going to the bank to cash his $9mil check tomorrow...

I don't think Tebow would play

I can't see any situation where Tebow would play - I think they'd go out and sign Garrard first. Which only adds to my confusion about the entire affair - they could have cut Tebow loose and not given him what? $6mil right before the season started?

OBF1
09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
You reckon the Broncos give a **** about the fanbase???

fixed it for you:welcome:

Pony Boy
09-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Well things could be worse, we could still have McDip**** as HC. I noticed Sam Bradford dropped down to the lowest QB rating in the league this week.

LetsGoBroncos
09-26-2011, 02:37 PM

Who gives a ****. You don't lower your head and run through a guy on 3rd and 1 to get a first down in practice. You don't pump your team up and inspire your teammates in practice.

I'm not saying Tebow is going to come in and all of a sudden everything will be fine. But I am saying he will bring energy and confidence to the field and will make a ton of plays over the course of a game that Orton couldn't make. He will avoid sacks and keep plays alive that Orton wouln't avoid.

Pony Boy
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM

Don't let your gaydar screen get in the way of the facts ....

Maximus
09-26-2011, 09:31 PM
If Orton turned his ankle going to the bank to cash his $9mil check tomorrow...

I don't think Tebow would play

I can't see any situation where Tebow would play - I think they'd go out and sign Garrard first. Which only adds to my confusion about the entire affair - they could have cut Tebow loose and not given him what? $6mil right before the season started?

Here is a little bit of what John Ritchie, Skip Bayless and Eric Mangini had to say about the situation on ESPN's first take.

John Ritchie- the point is this is a different regime. This is not Josh McDaniels anymore. This is John Fox and the guys on the team have to be so sick of this because they watched all of these quarterbacks. They wash them in. They know who has the best they know that Kyle Orton is the guy. Tim Tebow is the fourth string quarterback, essentially because it came out in camp that, Adam Weber the rookie who they cut to bring back from the practice squad was better than Tim Tebow in this offense. They are not going to change this offense for Tim Tebow like Josh McDaniels was willing to do because he laid his career on the line as a head coach on that draft pick. Tim TiVo cannot make the throws.

Skip Bayless interrupts-cannot make the throws what have you seen that makes you say that?

John Ritchie - He’s in-accurate, he’s in-accurate he’s an inaccurate passer

Skip Bayless-he had a 108 quarterback rating in the preseason…? Really? Every time I saw him just hit people on the numbers

John Ritchie-against the third stringers against the third stringers of teams. The type of offense that Tim thrives in you cannot run the belly read option in the NFL without getting your quarterback killed! No matter how big and strong he is.

Eric Mangini- he can run that if he is the the second or third guy and you use it as a package

John Ritchie - maybe two or three times a game…

Eric Mangini - yeah, you are right…

Eric Mangini - Kyle Orton now… They are down 10-7 in the second half. He takes them on a 16 Play drive eats up 8 min. of clock converts 4 third downs on it. And they take the lead. Now the question is can you get those drives out a Tim and I think as a staff, they do not feel that is necessarily the case. And maybe it is not that they do not feel as the case, but they feel that Kyle does it better.

Commentator - would it get to a point this year where we even find out the answer to the riddle… And we get to see Tim Tebow, because if he so far down the depth chart is there a point (and you can speak to this as a coach), where you can get so dug in to your mindset that your being right that you refuse to even try because a list like you are caving to fan voices.

Eric Mangini - no no… It is not about being right, it is about making the right decision for the group. And that is a big point because everybody sees the players practice, everybody knows what the truth is; and if you are going to insert somebody because of pressure from external forces, Everybody knows what it is and they do not want that. They are working hard to win games and is unfair to them to play somebody that you feel is not as good as another person.

Skip Bayless - you missed the point they are making a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, on the quarterbacks. You do not know what people in the locker room thinking because they are afraid to say. Is the new regime with an iron fisted approach is desperate to win games because he got fired in Carolina. So, he is going with the conventional approach, he is going with the incumbent starter.

Commentator - I know he is desperate, But as a new coach, There is a honeymoon. You not expect the turn around immediately!

Eric Mangini - if anything, as a new coach. That is where you take your most chances. You have the most leeway to make decisions and at the end of the day with John Fox wants to do, is make the best decision for your group. And he wants to have the credibility that players can sit back and say okay.... If I am the best guy I get to play! And that is the most important thing you need as a head coach is that credibility.

Commentator - you lose the locker room quick, If you do that!

Eric Mangini - if you play somebody because is a draft pick or because he makes a lot of money or you made a mistake in trying to justify it... Guys see through that. And you know how it is (speaking to John Ritchie).

John Ritchie - I think it enforces the fact that Kyle Orton is the guy that they wanted. He was out there as a trade possibility this summer, and then John Fox, who was unfamiliar with these quarterbacks, when he saw them in camp. His impression was… He was blown away by Kyle Orton.

Skip Bayless - oh he is a heck of a seven on seven player. I am telling you I know!

SoCalBronco
09-26-2011, 09:38 PM
It's also possible that Fox is a complete imbecile. Yep that's definitely another possible explanation.

I don't want to believe this, but considering that I'm convinced that almost everyone else in the organization fits that description, maybe it applies to him, too. Hope not.

Requiem
09-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Of course it applies. Fox is a loser. His offenses have always sucked but a couple years of his head coaching tenure. BLAH.

t-diddy
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Orton going down and Quinn coming in = Database error

OABB
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM

is no one going to sweep up this turd?

pieceofpoop, this post has killed any or all credibility you may of had. you are done as a legitimate poster now. no opinion you will ever have will matter. this will just be posted after what ever claim you make and it will all be done.

thank you for adding a point to Tebows side by showing how stupid the other side is.

yours truly,

OABB.

maven
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
and then John Fox, who was unfamiliar with these quarterbacks, when he saw them in camp. His impression was… He was blown away by Kyle Orton.

If John Fox was blown away by Kyle Orton, we're ****ed!

Ranger24
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM

What games were you watching? Quinn played ok in the first couple.. then **** the bed in the last one. Tebow was impressive throughout.

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 04:40 AM

pieceofpoop, this post has killed any or all credibility you may of had. you are done as a legitimate poster now. no opinion you will ever have will matter. this will just be posted after what ever claim you make and it will all be done.

thank you for adding a point to Tebows side by showing how stupid the other side is.

yours truly,

OABB.

I'm pretty sure he didn't have any credibility before that post.

Blueflame
09-27-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't have any credibility before that post.

And I'm pretty sure more than just a few posters are tossing out some hyperbole just to watch the reaction and to be entertained by some knotted Hanes.

It's like the online version of taking a stick and leveling an anthill and watching the ants running around in panic mode...

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 05:31 AM
And I'm pretty sure more than just a few posters are tossing out some hyperbole just to watch the reaction and to be entertained by some knotted Hanes.

I know I do it quite often, so yeah...

Powderaddict
09-27-2011, 05:32 AM
I'll be honest. Of course I would much prefer Tebow come on, but right now I just want "anyone but Orton". Even if it means Quinn.

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 05:34 AM
I'll be honest. Of course I would much prefer Tebow come on, but right now I just want "anyone but Orton". Even if it means Quinn.

If Quinn plays anything like that last preseason game I'm pretty sure that'll change pretty quick.

WolfpackGuy
09-27-2011, 05:36 AM
In either scenario, he still gets his 9 million.

"I'm rich, beotch!"

Mountain Bronco
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
I don't care who plays Quinn or Tebow, I just want Orton out of there. I know what I am going to get and it isn't going to be good. I actually am finding it hard to watch the Broncos right now and I never thought I would say that (even when Frerot played I enjoyed watching the Broncos).

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 08:41 AM
zowie!quinns overall play during pre-season games & practice have far exceeded that of tebow.

zowie!

:bash: -- Tebow preseason QB Passer Rating = 108

Quinn preseason QB Passer Rating = 69 (the obvious front office 'next' choice)

And that's before adding in Tim's 6.4 ypc average. Knowitall

Hate to thinks so, but to many of us, it's looking more like a :contract: screw job on :super: all the time..... :bandwagon

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Not being a 'true' Broncos fan, I have no idea what any of these actual facts and on the field stats mean.

2011 Denver so far: 19.3 pts/gm - 23rd in NFL
286.3 total yds/gm - 27th
210.3 P-yds/gm - 22nd
76.0 R-yds/gm - 28th.

The 'BEST chance to Win's' last 3 games: (1-2)

Oak @ Den - 20 pts - Lost
Cin @ Den - 24 pts - won
Den @ Tenn - 14 pts - Lost
Average 19.3 pts/gm
* In only 5 of his last 16 games he's led the team to more than 20 pts, (1 of 3 this season).
--------------

The 'He's not ready for the NFL's' last 3 games: (1-2)

Den @ Oak - 23 - Lost
Hou @ Den - 24 - Won
SD @ Den - 28 pts Lost
Average 25 pts/gm <<<<<

He's never led the team to less than 23 pts/gm,
and he's averaging 6.4 ypc when he runs,
and the Broncos are currently 28th in the NFL with 76.0 R-yds/gm.

So start Orton and send in 69 passer rating Quinn next...:ouwknow:

----------------

I'm just throwing the facts/stats out there so that the 'true' Bronco fans can explain them to me....
You could also throw in the front office thinking on 'their reasons' for their decisions, if you happen to know them?
Cause I'm lost at this point..... ???

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 09:00 AM

Are you sure? -- You really think so? :thanku:

Because Tebow was only more productive running the ball as a rookie,
than All Pro FB Mike - The A-Train - Alstott was. :notworthy

TheReverend
09-27-2011, 09:02 AM

"25 million under the cap gives us the best chance to win!"

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
"25 million under the cap gives us the best chance to win!"

"Not signing young, solid starting DTs for a bit over five million a year gives us the best chance to win!"

bowtown
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Of course it applies. Fox is a loser. His offenses have always sucked but a couple years of his head coaching tenure. BLAH.

Fox isn't here because he's an offensive guru.

TheReverend
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM

"Mike McCoy gives us the best chance to win"

Agamemnon
09-27-2011, 09:11 AM

No, he's here for his incredible .508 career winning percentage. ::)

maher_tyler
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
If we trot Quinn out there before Tebow, i won't puke in my mouth..it'll be projecting from my mouth onto the TV!

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM

If they run with Quinn after benching Orton it would pretty much confirm the contract theory, imo. Quinn looked like Orton's semi-retarded half brother against the Cardinals.

If they truly have Quinn ahead of Tebow on the depth chart, there is either something very wrong with the new regime or there is absolutely an effort to avoid the escalators.

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
so regardless of practice & 3 other preseason games,1 game proves this bogus conspiracy theory true.

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
so regardless of practice & 3 other preseason games,1 game proves this bogus conspiracy theory true.

You know that you, and your Ortonite ilk, are looking dumber every day right?

OABB
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM

you dont get to comment remember?

you said quinn outplayed tebow in preseason....so......you should leave now mmmkay?

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
If they run with Quinn after benching Orton it would pretty much confirm the contract theory, imo. Quinn looked like Orton's semi-retarded half brother against the Cardinals.

If they truly have Quinn ahead of Tebow on the depth chart, there is either something very wrong with the new regime or there is absolutely an effort to avoid the escalators.

McDummy was made the scapegoat last season and fired. After he drafted Tebow he was 'forced' to play Orton instead, until Kyle was injured out with only 3 games left on the season.

All Tebow did was come in and shine, for a rookie on a 3-10 team with no preseason or season long practice with the 1st team, and little (12 plays) use before being thrown in as the starter.
The team only went 1-2 with Tim as the starter, a better winning % than Orton btw, but Tim set both Bronco Team and NFL records as an individual.

The Owner can't be blamed for last year or this year, he's going nowhere and afterall, he is paying the bills.

The (well deserved) long time Bronco Hero also can't be blamed for the senile owner's decisions, or fans would revolt.

Enter the loser Fox, just fired and with few prospects elsewhere, to be the new Bronco scapegoat, eerrrr head coach.
Big payday for a scapegoat, and he'll be no worse off than he was after the Panthers had fired him.

And that's my story/speculation,,,, and I'm sticking to it, until and IF I ever see anything to change my mind on what is going on with todays Broncos??

Really guys & gals, I've seen NOTHING so far that explains or can justify the team decisions over the last 2 seasons. :sunshine:

canadianbroncosfan
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM

yours truly,

OABB.

Okay I'm new so I'll learn my place and not go into the whole lost all credibility thing but wtf is pieceofpipe on? That's not a piece of pipe you're smoking that's the whole ****ing thing. What preseason were you watching just out of curiosity? Did Tebow have an outstanding preseason? No. None of the QBs looked outstanding, but Quinn looked retarded. Reminded me of how he took it from the Dog House in Cleveland to literally being in the dog house with all the fans/owners.

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 11:43 AM
You know that you, and your Ortonite ilk, are looking dumber every day right?

I've never been a supporter of orton,just that as bad as orton is,he's still a better option than tebow.

maven
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Did anyone get a little excited when Orton received that hard sack?

Ranger24
09-27-2011, 11:58 AM

Quinn played in 2 preseason games (other than the Cardinals atrocity) and looked ok... not great. The media was up his ass for some reason unknown.

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Quinn played in 2 preseason games (other than the Cardinals atrocity) and looked ok... not great. The media was up his ass for some reason unknown.either way he played better,did he look great no but he looked better than tebow.

Mountain Bronco
09-27-2011, 02:35 PM
either way he played better,did he look great no but he looked better than tebow.

No, no sir he did not, but I would take him over Orton. He seems to be able to move laterally, at least a little bit.

vonqkilla
09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Quinn was so bad vs Az 1st and 2nd string, just shattered any confidence I had in him.

RunSilentRunDeep
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
The contract theory only makes sense if they plan to give him a one-year tryout if they plan to give up on him after 2012.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos200...056?source=rss (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_15667056?source=rss)

Mid-tier incentives (Contractually considered unlikely to earn)

Value of Tebow's contract doubles from $11.25 million (including one-time playing time bonus) to $22.5 million if he reaches multiple thresholds, including:

55 percent playing time in two of his first three seasons, 2010-12, or 70 percent playing time in 2013.

The Broncos make the playoffs, he reaches certain QB ranking thresholds, and receives unspecified honors.

BroncsCheer
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM

It would be WWIII, Wrestlemania, a swap-meet, the return of the McRib, and the Rapture all rolled into one for the OrangeMane.

FTFY

Ironlung
09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
either way he played better,did he look great no but he looked better than tebow.

You have to be just trolling. I would hope that no one is this retarded.

Rohirrim
09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Tebow will never be much more than a novelty act in the NFL. A franchise QB? Ain't gonna happen.

maven
09-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Tebow will never be much more than a novelty act in the NFL. A franchise QB?

Probably true since he doesn't play.

Rohirrim
09-27-2011, 07:17 PM
I take that back. Maybe if Urban Meyer took an NFL head coaching job and installed his offense, maybe he could turn Tebow into a franchise QB. Would the franchise win any SBs? I doubt it. Like Elway said, championships are won from the pocket.

broncobil22
09-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Just put Tebow in and quit wasting everybody's time.

Hulamau
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Good question. They wont even put Tebow in on goal-line situations. I mean wtf, even I, who hates Tebow more than I dislike the thought of Orton being our starter, would have put Tebow in on 1st and ****ing goal from the 2 or whatever.

Definitely agree there.They have to ignore the hype on both sides of the fence and just make the best football decision and use your best assets.

Orton may be better still between the 20s or between the 10 yard line markers, but there is no question Tebow is the guy when he can smell pay dirt!

Fox was no doubt so sure he could punch it in and wanted to avoid fanning the 'Start Tebow Now"' flames any more than he had too..... now I hope he sees how wrong that assessment was!?

Not putting him in and not scoring was the worse possible outcome. Had Tebow gone in and not scored (admittedly very unlikely from a half yard and goal to go) then Fox would have been off the hook and Orton too to a degree.

But this only played into the most shrill Tebow-fanboys outrage!

Tebow down that close just makes more sense. He could fake a handoff up the middle to McGahee to collapse the Titans front seven who were just keying on him and frothing at the bit and Tim could roll out with a nice play action option to either pass to a wide open WR or waltz it in under a 245lb head of steam... slam dunk and we are 2-1.

The reality is this : Orton's greatest weakness .. in the close redzone .. is Tebows greatest strenght .... You have to put all your players in the best position for them and the team to succeed.

DarkHorse30
09-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Tebow will never be much more than a novelty act in the NFL. A franchise QB? Ain't gonna happen.

Didn't they say the same thing about Vick?

Tebow may not be Denver's franchise QB, but if you don't play him, you can't trade him for picks at the end of the year. Meanwhile, Orton has ZERO value, ditto Quinn....yet our front office thinks Orton is "the guy". Based on what? EVERY DENVER FAN IS BORED WITH OUR OFFENSE, it is nearly unwatchable. If this is a rebuilding year, why aren't we playing Tebow to see if he can WIN GAMES? If he can't, then we are in the same boat with Tebow that we are RIGHT NOW with Orton. What is the point of playing Orton? He's LIMITED in his ability. He MAY be able to read defenses, but he waits too long in the pocket OR he rifles a quick slant after a 3 step drop,usually behind or ahead of his guy. He is not accurate at all, and he can't make plays. I'm beginning to think that every team has the book on Orton, and it is that he can't make plays and is NO threat. Plus he can't scramble.

THE ONLY reason Orton is playing is because they think he is a better QB for our WRs.....maybe because he can hit his timing patterns. But he is NOT doing very well at that. He hesitates and throws really flat (maybe why the tipped balls mess with him).

If Fox and Elway are so stuck with Orton that they can't play the rook, even though Orton is average at best, sub-par at worst, than what kind of stones do Fox and Elway have?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Definitely agree there.They have to ignore the hype on both sides of the fence and just make the best football decision and use your best assets.

Orton may be better still between the 20s or between the 10 yard line markers, but there is no question Tebow is the guy when he can smell pay dirt!

Fox was no doubt so sure he could punch it in and wanted to avoid fanning the 'Start Tebow Now"' flames any more than he had too..... now I hope he sees how wrong that assessment was!?

Not putting him in and not scoring was the worse possible outcome. Had Tebow gone in and not scored (admittedly very unlikely from a half yard and goal to go) then Fox would have been off the hook and Orton too to a degree.

But this only played into the most shrill Tebow-fanboys outrage!

Tebow down that close just makes more sense. He could fake a handoff up the middle to McGahee to collapse the Titans front seven who were just keying on him and frothing at the bit and Tim could roll out with a nice play action option to either pass to a wide open WR or waltz it in under a 245lb head of steam... slam dunk and we are 2-1.

I was just about to question your membership in the Better Bronco Fans of America, but you redeemed yourself with the Tebow fanboy line. Carry on.

Simple Jake
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Just put Tebow in and quit wasting everybody's time.

Love your avatar

Hulamau
09-27-2011, 10:36 PM
I was just about to question your membership in the Better Bronco Fans of America, but you redeemed yourself with the Tebow fanboy line. Carry on.

HA! Nope Doc, I'm a lifer always ... certified tried and true Orange and Blue! :peace:

OABB
09-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Did anyone get a little excited when Orton received that hard sack?

wondering wether I should answer this truthfully.....