PDA

View Full Version : Will the Broncos make a switch after starting 1-2?

Vine
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos

Scroll down below schedule and you'll see an article suggesting that the Broncos might make a change after starting 1-2.

One could only hope!!!

Would not let me put full title, so that is reason for the one character title. Apparently, editing does not allow me to change the title to what I intend.

TheDave
09-26-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Steve Sewell
09-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Would not let me put full title, so that is reason for the one character title. Apparently, editing does not allow me to change the title to what I intend.

It's all coming together now.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
ha ha

enjolras
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM

In the edit screen there is an 'advanced options' (or something similar') option. That will allow you to edit the title.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
^ Dont tell the him that lie. The reason Vine you can't do a title correct is because you don't have 1k posts to start threads, you are from Nebraska and you come off as a douche. Rules are rules. Blame the mods for the last one. They put that filter in just for guys like you.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
If they give Tebow his first start on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs it will be clear as day that they're out to sabotage his career in Denver.

If we lose next week, you might consider starting him at home against the Chargers, but most likely you anoint Tebow going into the bye and give him two full weeks of reps with the starters.

Giving him two weeks to prepare and giving him his first start in Florida would be ideal. I would almost guarantee that if Florida has two weeks' notice that Tebow is going to start, we'd have home field advantage down there.

oubronco
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM
The answer is NO

Vine
09-26-2011, 10:57 AM

It's all coming together now.

What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Crushaholic
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Orton has done just enough to keep his job...for now...

DrFate
09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Very unlikely - if anyhing it would be after the bye week

Vine
In the edit screen there is an 'advanced options' (or something similar') option. That will allow you to edit the title.

I am very grateful for that. Thank you.

jhns
If they give Tebow his first start on the road against the defending Super Bowl champs it will be clear as day that they're out to sabotage his career in Denver.

If we lose next week, you might consider starting him at home against the Chargers, but most likely you anoint Tebow going into the bye and give him two full weeks of reps with the starters.

Giving him two weeks to prepare and giving him his first start in Florida would be ideal. I would almost guarantee that if Florida has two weeks' notice that Tebow is going to start, we'd have home field advantage down there.

This, other than the charger part. While I want Tebow, it would be dumb to start him now. They have shown that they don't care about winning, so lets at least not ruin a QB that could be good by throwing him to the wolves.

Garcia Bronco
Tell me your heart didn't jump a little after he got cracked on Sunday.

Steve Sewell
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Everything?

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2011, 11:00 AM

You can also double click the box on the main page and make the change that way

Steve Sewell
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Yeah I like this idea. Orton's going to get curb-stomped in GB though.

Vine
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
^ Dont tell the him that lie. The reason Vine you can't do a title correct is because you don't have 1k posts to start threads, you are from Nebraska and you come off as a douche. Rules are rules. Blame the mods for the last one. They put that filter in just for guys like you.

Just so you know, although I live in Nebraska, I consider myself a Coloradan and diehard Denver sports fan. My family lived in Denver before I was relocated to Nebraska as a kid. You call me a douche, but you are the one that is totally acting like one.

jhns
09-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Just so you know, although I live in Nebraska, I consider myself a Coloradan and diehard Denver sports fan. My family lived in Denver before I was relocated to Nebraska as a kid. You call me a douche, but you are the one that is totally acting like one.

You are a douche for hating on the great state you reside in.

Vine
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Everything?

I like to consider my fellow Broncos fans as classy and we all have one long term common interest- that we want the most success for the Broncos in the long run.

I have never done anything to you, I have no idea why you would attack a fellow Broncos fan unprovoked for no reason. You challenge my beliefs that nearly all Bronco fans are classy.

Gort
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM

for several seconds, i was afraid we'd see Quinn come trotting out onto the field.

not that i hate Quinn. it's just that he sucks too.

Vine
09-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Where did I indicate I hate Nebraska?

rbackfactory80
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
The entire idea behind the FO leaking the Tebow is 4th on the depth chart is so they don't have to play him all year. He is trade bait at this point. They make it look like he isn't even close to being able to play in this league. To bad they forgot we saw him last year.

Mountain Bronco
09-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Nope won't happen. Jhns how did he hate on Nebraska? There are only 3 more possible wins on our schedule (Min, Miami, KC at home?) Ouch.

jhns
09-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Where did I indicate I hate Nebraska?

You said you don't consider yourself a Nebraskan even though you were moved here as a kid. That is some hate.

Rohirrim
Nebraska sucks.

Gort
I like to consider my fellow Broncos fans as classy and we all have one long term common interest- that we want the most success for the Broncos in the long run.

I have never done anything to you, I have no idea why you would attack a fellow Broncos fan unprovoked for no reason. You challenge my beliefs that nearly all Bronco fans are classy.

the OM is like prison. first day, you got to shank somebody so they know you're not a pushover. if you don't, you'll end up somebody's b**** and be passed around for a packet of smokes. i think Steve Sewell has a crush on you, so just shank him.

richdream88
09-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Change Broncos Fans Can Believe In

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Nebraska sucks.

Karnac opens the envelope and reads, "Why does the wind blow in Colorado?"

bendog
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
the OM is like prison. first day, you got to shank somebody so they know you're not a pushover. if you don't, you'll end up somebody's b**** and be passed around for a packet of smokes. i think Steve Sewell has a crush on you, so just shank him.

Ah, just tell him to learn to bite the pillow ... and like it.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 11:30 AM
This, other than the charger part. While I want Tebow, it would be dumb to start him now. They have shown that they don't care about winning, so lets at least not ruin a QB that could be good by throwing him to the wolves.See, I think we have to throw him to the wolves and find out what we have with him. With the crop of QBs likely to come out in the draft we need to have a solid book of evidence on Tebow.

By the end of the season we need to know whether he's likely to sink or swim as a starting NFL QB.

jhns
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
See, I think we have to throw him to the wolves and find out what we have with him. With the crop of QBs likely to come out in the draft we need to have a solid book of evidence on Tebow.

By the end of the season we need to know whether he's likely to sink or swim as a starting NFL QB.

I agree. I meant don't throw him out there the week that we play the best team in the NFL. I would wait until after the chargers as well.

maven
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I think the Broncos will roll with Orton until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. If the Broncos roll into the bye week 1-4, they will still go with Orton given two weeks of preparation against the ****ty Dolphins.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM

This is the only reason why Vine is a douche. He lives in proximity of jhns.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 11:41 AM
I agree. I meant don't throw him out there the week that we play the best team in the NFL. I would wait until after the chargers as well.

Yeah. I agree. I would certainly give him the bye week and a team like Miami to get his first start against. I also think starting on the road would ease the pressure of his first start.

There are likely to be Ortonites that will want to boo Tebow out of spite.

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
The entire idea behind the FO leaking the Tebow is 4th on the depth chart is so they don't have to play him all year. He is trade bait at this point. They make it look like he isn't even close to being able to play in this league. To bad they forgot we saw him last year.

You don't slander trade-bait. You try to increase it's value.

It's like "Hey, rbackfactory80, I'm selling my car, it's a piece of **** and doesn't work, want to buy it?"

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2011, 11:44 AM

It's like "Hey, rbackfactory80, I'm selling my car, it's a piece of **** and doesn't work, want to buy it?"

Sounds good, how much you want for it?

/Jerry Jones
/Dan Snyder

KO5K
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
PostBroncos (http://twitter.com/#%21/PostBroncos) Lindsay Jones

Fox said he is confident in Kyle Orton as his starting quarterback. "Right now, in our opinion, Kyle gives us the best chance to win."

18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/PostBroncos/status/118391004519862272)

YAY!

jhns
09-26-2011, 11:47 AM

Fox said he is confident in Kyle Orton as his starting quarterback. "Right now, in our opinion, Kyle gives us the best chance to win."

YAY!

Good luck at your next job coach.

bendog
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM

YAY!

I don't doubt him, but at some point in a sucky season, next year is more important. But, you pull the plug at 1-2. He might stick with Orton on the road in Mia, but if by some miracle we lose in Mia, the fans will be throwing stuff at 1-5 if he hasn't put in the Mile High Miracle.

HAT
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Yeah...It sure would be tough for a QB to face the 2nd to last ranked team in passing yards allowed.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM

YAY!

Yeah, to win the Luck sweepstakes.

Why don't they just come right out and say it instead of this p***yfooting!

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds good, how much you want for it?

/Jerry Jones
/Dan Snyder

It'd be swell if we could make that joke these days...

KO5K
09-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't doubt him, but at some point in a sucky season, next year is more important. But, you pull the plug at 1-2. He might stick with Orton on the road in Mia, but if by some miracle we lose in Mia, the fans will be throwing stuff at 1-5 if he hasn't put in the Mile High Miracle.

When Fox drops Orton it effectively says he's done with the season and I think 1-4 is to early to admit you're done with the year. I would pencil in the Jets home game (week 11) as a potential starting game for Tebow.

Of course, almost everyone else realises that starting Tebow actually gives us a better chance of winning.

bronclvr
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
"Why does the wind blow in Colorado?"

Because the Buff's can't win? :thanku:

GO BIG RED! (they win!)-

ChrisToker
09-26-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Jesus Titty****ing Christ it is week 3. Wait till at least the bye week.

strafen
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Where's TGN? :wiggle:

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM
It'd be swell if we could make that joke these days...

Eh, I don't see Dallas or Wash getting all that much for their money over the last 15 years.

TailgateNut
09-26-2011, 01:07 PM

If he IS the football god you yahoos have been preaching then why would you worry?

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Eh, I don't see Dallas or Wash getting all that much for their money over the last 15 years.

They bought the cars that looked nice on the outside but had nothing under the hood.

They didn't buy the ones that were advertised by the dealer as pieces of ****.

Punisher
09-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Were going 14-2 Orton's gonna black out

DrFate
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM

YAY!

This is entirely predictable - talk to me again in 3 weeks

ant1999e
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM

This!!!

DrFate
09-26-2011, 01:24 PM
"Me and the quarterbacks were talking and we just think Kyle's good," Tennessee quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "I think he's underappreciated. I think if you're a coach, he's the kind of guy you want. Blue collar. I know his teammates like him."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18975022

mkporter
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM

Fox said he is confident in Kyle Orton as his starting quarterback. "Right now, in our opinion, Kyle gives us the best chance to win the top pick in the draft."

YAY!

FIFY

Pony Boy
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
The N on the the Nebraska Helmet does indeed stand for "Knowledge". ...

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2011, 01:28 PM
"Me and the quarterbacks were talking and we just think Kyle's good," Tennessee quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "I think he's underappreciated. I think if you're Mike Munchak, he's the kind of guy you want to play against. Blue collar. I know my teammates liked him yesterday."

Fixed.

DrFate
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Fixed.

:notworthy

DontBeMessin
09-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Orton has done just enough to keep his job...for now...

Orton should be benched...

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
They bought the cars that looked nice on the outside but had nothing under the hood.

They didn't buy the ones that were advertised by the dealer as pieces of ****.

point taken (though I would debate about Haynesworth :thumbsup: )

DontBeMessin
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
"Me and the quarterbacks were talking and we just think Kyle's good," Tennessee quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "I think he's underappreciated. I think if you're a coach, he's the kind of guy you want. Blue collar. I know his teammates like him."

They said the same thing about JaSuckass Russell... It was McNabb I think that said that and some other "black" quarterback...

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 01:38 PM
Fixed.

:spit:

rbackfactory80
09-26-2011, 02:25 PM

Yeah but the point is nobody thinks he sucks except the morons in the FO and a couple of blind loyalist on here.

In pro football you need to examine the seller also. If I was "buying" from Fox the first thing I would look at was how dumb he was to keep playing Delhomme when he clearly wasn't the guy. Fox is far from perfect.

Everyone evaluates players in football differently. That's what makes them trade-able. It's the buyers evaluation of the players that really counts. Someone will take a chance just on his potential and how he didn't get a fair shot in Denver.

My guess is we never see him and he is traded.

Mogulseeker
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Trade Orton at the trade deadline to the Dolphins. Give Tebow two weeks to start against...... the Dolphins.

Put an end to the QB debate.

Jay3
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM

They want credit for working a miracle with Tebow. "He was fourth string, but look what we did! We were right that another year would help him!" :thanku:

(I don't know if that's true, but they sure seem stuck on downgrading him, as if they don't want to trade him but to "remake" him).

jhns
09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Fire Fox!

http://cdn.portableapps.com/firefox.png

They even have a logo for it already. Elway can finish the year out, learn from his mistakes, and hire a real head coach next season.