PDA

View Full Version : Everyone stay calm

DrFate
09-26-2011, 09:25 AM
No one is happy about the record. But I ask everyone to remember:

1) the 2011 draft, put together by this front office, is generally considered a GOOD draft by this board - and it takes more than three games to go from a flag football offense to the run game that Fox is going for.

2) the team lacks playmakers on offense - Orton is a soul-sucking pile of fail, but to be fair - there isn't anyone at the skill positions that keeps defensive coaches up at night. While Miller is a playmaker on defense, I am betting this group takes his offensive equivalent on offense next draft.

3) I think the goal is steady, disciplined style of ball - no dumb penalties, try to establish the run, stop the run, don't give up big plays. The needs are across the board - QB, Oline, Dline, skill positions, secondary, you name it. But I'm not sure THIS GROUP OF PLAYERS could be doing much more than they are

4) at least Fox isn't secretly taping the opposition (that we know of) :)

5) I can't explain the Tebow on the bench thing

Ok - start throwing rocks at one another

bowtown
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
WE FINALLY HAVE A PUNTER!

oubronco
09-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Smarter, tougher, disciplined, football who wouldn't want it

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
fact is this team does have enough talent to win and they are well coached, the bummer is that this team is hooking it's wagon to Orton and we all know that Orton is a subpar QB who refuses to win games in crunch time. He's the opposite of what a good QB is but the front office and Fox simply refuse to adjust. It's like they are force feeding fail down the throats of the fans and the fans aren't happy.

FISH
09-26-2011, 09:34 AM
When both D Thomas and J. Thomas are back playing football...we will have offensive threats again. Threats that will open B.Loyd back up (he still doesn't seem healthy to me) and Decker...they will have to pick their poison. These guys will make Orton look good...double edged sword I guess

jhns
09-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Go **** yourself.

We have a front office giving away games because of incompetence. Fox, Xanders, and Ellis need to go. Is it really possible that we just hired the two worst coaches in franchise history, back to back? Is this some kind of cruel joke after getting rid of the best coach in franchise history?

Chris
09-26-2011, 09:36 AM
"Getting better" and "Stay calm" are the new Jehovah

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SYkbqzWVHZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DrFate
09-26-2011, 09:38 AM
When both D Thomas and J. Thomas are back playing football...we will have offensive threats again. Threats that will open B.Loyd back up (he still doesn't seem healthy to me) and Decker...they will have to pick their poison. These guys will make Orton look good...double edged sword I guess

I'm trying to be positive and even I can't get behind the above. Sorry friend. I doubt D Thomas ever is the same guy again after the achilles. And I can't put any hopes on a guy who has never caught an NFL pass in J Thomas.

Another year of drafting/FA and maybe we'll have some players.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm going to save a boatload on wine and cheese this year.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 09:42 AM
yeah, everyone stay calm...this guy is still the starting QB

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6333/deerinheadlights.jpg

HILife
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Go **** yourself.

We have a front office giving away games because of incompetence. Fox, Xanders, and Ellis need to go. Is it really possible that we just hired the two worst coaches in franchise history, back to back? Is this some kind of cruel joke after getting rid of the best coach in franchise history?

sigh.

DrFate
09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
yeah, everyone stay calm...this guy is still the starting QB

but likely not for much longer

crush17
09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Good post. I am surprisingly not as bummed about this loss as I usually am. I saw a good football team oout there yesterday. I didnt like the playcalling on the 1 at all though.

EmpireOrange
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
No one is happy about the record. But I ask everyone to remember:

1) the 2011 draft, put together by this front office, is generally considered a GOOD draft by this board - and it takes more than three games to go from a flag football offense to the run game that Fox is going for.

2) the team lacks playmakers on offense - Orton is a soul-sucking pile of fail, but to be fair - there isn't anyone at the skill positions that keeps defensive coaches up at night. While Miller is a playmaker on defense, I am betting this group takes his offensive equivalent on offense next draft.

3) I think the goal is steady, disciplined style of ball - no dumb penalties, try to establish the run, stop the run, don't give up big plays. The needs are across the board - QB, Oline, Dline, skill positions, secondary, you name it. But I'm not sure THIS GROUP OF PLAYERS could be doing much more than they are

4) at least Fox isn't secretly taping the opposition (that we know of) :)

5) I can't explain the Tebow on the bench thing

Ok - start throwing rocks at one another

Good points, all; however, I am going to wait until at least week 8 or 9 before I say this team is improving and moving in the right direction. I remember last year, around the Jets game, I was encouraged with keeping games close and winnable, but by the end of the year the team wasn't even competitive. If the Broncos are keeping games close through out the year, I'll say we are moving in the right direction. Until I see them stay at least competitive through an entire season - not just through week 4 - I can't say it however.

mkporter
09-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Br0nc0Buster
09-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I dont think we've regressed in any area outside of QB

Its nice to see the defense doing better
Defense has played well enough to win in every game so far

Offense is bad, but I guess one way of looking at it as most of it seems due to 3 players(Orton, Beadles, Walton)

Its possible we get rid of them and our offense takes a jump

mkporter
09-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Go **** yourself.

Are we really going to have to sit through this same **** from you again?

jhns
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM

Only until we get a competent front office or people stop arguing that horrible **** for this franchise is actually good...

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Go **** yourself.

Think calm, safe, and happy. Pretend you are in a TSA screening line.

jhns
09-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Think calm, safe, and happy. Pretend you are in a TSA screening line.

Are you still upset with those? Even though the body scanner is gone? Really?

How pathetic.

DrFate
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Only until we get a competent front office

I'm not sure what you would do different TODAY if you could, JHNS. I don't think you can just fire Fox after 3 games (and be paying what, 4 coaches?)

And you'd never get another HC to sign a contract after that fiasco - you'd have to hire a HS coach and hope he'd take a payday. Did you think the 2011 draft was a bad one?

jhns
09-26-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure what you would do different TODAY if you could, JHNS. I don't think you can just fire Fox after 3 games (and be paying what, 4 coaches?)

And you'd never get another HC to sign a contract after that fiasco - you'd have to hire a HS coach and hope he'd take a payday. Did you think the 2011 draft was a bad one?

A HS coach would be more competent on game days than Fox...

I think the draft was good. I think the defense has improved and the special yeams are playing well. I think Fox is giving away games with horrible decisions(like going for that fourth). I think he isn't even attempting to use proven weapons, which is giving games away. I think his bs about Orton being the best option, along with his history at the QB position, highlights his incompetence.

No coach should be giving away games like this at this level. I'm almost convinced they want to suck for Luck, which is unacceptable to me. I would have no problem with a 1-2 record if it looed like we still just needed more talent. This isn't why we are losing to bad teams though. We are losing because of the coaches decisions.

bendog
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
jhns = bones

http://captkozmo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=startrek&action=display&thread=3909

2KBack
09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
I agree with most of the reasonable posts on here.

There have been people mentioning the need for speed on offense, and playmakers. I typically ignore them, because I am a supporter of conservative offense and nasty defense style teams. I'm starting to turn though. We do need some gamebreakers, and some guys that refuse to lose. As good as Loyd was last year, his effort really isn't there. With out a running game we can't afford to have guys dropping slant passes that hit their palms. That is our running game right now.

The bend don't break defense can be frustrating, but that's still an improvement over the last few seasons.

We need some turnovers though. Von Miller's fumble was sweet, we need more of that. Denver isn't allowing a lot of points, but they aren't giving the offense a lot of possessions or great field position either.

Our special teams are the best they have look in as ling as I can remember. The busted punt play was just another one of those crappy things that didn't go our way. Our coverage and returns have been better than solid. This is reason for optimism I think.

One penalty (and a blown one at that, there was no facemask)....that is huge. If Denver only had one penalty against the raiders, I'm pretty sure they win.

There are quite a few positives to build on

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 10:30 AM

I think the draft was good. I think the defense has improved and the special yeams are playing well. I think Fox is giving away games with horrible decisions(like going for that fourth). I think he isn't even attempting to use proven weapons, which is giving games away. I think his bs about Orton being the best option, along with his history at the QB position, highlights his incompetence.

No coach should be giving away games like this at this level. I'm almost convinced they want to suck for Luck, which is unacceptable to me. I would have no problem with a 1-2 record if it looed like we still just needed more talent. This isn't why we are losing to bad teams though. We are losing because of the coaches decisions.

Seriously, stop worrying so much. There is good news in all of this. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

jhns
09-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Seriously, stop worrying so much. There is good news in all of this. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

No.

Rabb
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM
When both D Thomas and J. Thomas are back playing football...we will have offensive threats again.

I cannot wait to see Orton lock on to one of those 2 guys when they come back, effectively eliminating 2 other weapons we have on the field!

Dagmar
09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Go **** yourself.

not this **** again.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
D Thomas is a myth. Like Dryland in Waterworld. Or like Keyser Söze. Only exists in fantasy.

bowtown
09-26-2011, 10:39 AM
D Thomas is a myth. Like Dryland in Waterworld. Or like Keyser Söze. Only exists in fantasy.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn237/crtny_gray/snuffalupagus.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn237/crtny_gray/snuffalupagus.jpg

Oh... Hiye Birrrrd.

Gort
09-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Good post. I am surprisingly not as bummed about this loss as I usually am. I saw a good football team out there yesterday. I didnt like the playcalling on the 1 at all though.

congratulations, you have achieved step 5.

1) denial
2) anger
3) bargaining
4) depression
5) acceptance

troya900
09-26-2011, 10:49 AM
We need some turnovers though. Von Miller's fumble was sweet, we need more of that. Denver isn't allowing a lot of points, but they aren't giving the offense a lot of possessions or great field position either.

Wait what? Denver's D in just 3 games has produced two turnovers giving the Broncos Offense starting possession inside the red zone. The bumbling idiots on offense could only muster a total of 3 F'ing points from that thanks to stubborn moron Fox and AbOrton being AbOrton.

mwill07
09-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Go **** yourself.

I'm sorry, but if you want to live your life seeing the negative in everything, that's your choice. I won't have any of it. I am generally against ignoring folks, but you will be my first.

There are plenty of reasons to be disappointed. However, Fox is a very competent coach and calling for a new coach and front office after week three is beyond pathetic. Beyond that, dishing out the F-bombs at someone trying to find a reason for optimism...man, thats just another level of pathetic. It leads me to believe you are a terrible person on the inside, and someone that I'd rather not have any interaction with. at all.

If you are that disgruntled with the team, I'd suggest either laying low and taking some time away from football, or finding another team.

don't bother replying, I won't see it.

jhns
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry, but if you want to live your life seeing the negative in everything, that's your choice. I won't have any of it. I am generally against ignoring folks, but you will be my first.

There are plenty of reasons to be disappointed. However, Fox is a very competent coach and calling for a new coach and front office after week three is beyond pathetic. Beyond that, dishing out the F-bombs at someone trying to find a reason for optimism...man, thats just another level of pathetic. It leads me to believe you are a terrible person on the inside, and someone that I'd rather not have any interaction with. at all.

If you are that disgruntled with the team, I'd suggest either laying low and taking some time away from football, or finding another team.

don't bother replying, I won't see it.

A very competent coach that just happened to be the only guy worse than McDaniels last season. He shows his competence by going for a fourth, when only up by four, and losing a game. A call that I wouldn't even get wrong.

I don't care if you see it or not. I will reply and laugh at the stupidity of your post. No one, especially me, cares if you put me on ignore.

OBF1
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

No WE will not have too, Some of us are just smarter than you. :thanku:

DrFate
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM

I'm frustrated by the BS 'company line' regarding Orton as much as anyone. Whether it's the contract escalators or the fear the locker room will implode or whatever, I have to assume there is a reason somewhere.

I think we all agree that this team is looking at 1-4 going into the bye. I can't say a change will happen, but that would be when you'd expect it. If there isn't any change, I think we'll see empty seats starting week 8.

I think change it coming.

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
A very competent coach that just happened to be the only guy worse than McDaniels last season. He shows his competence by going for a fourth, when only up by four, and losing a game. A call that I wouldn't even get wrong.

I don't care if you see it or not. I will reply and laugh at the stupidity of your post. No one, especially me, cares if you put me on ignore.

yah, so there!

jhns
09-26-2011, 11:01 AM
yah, so there!

Thanks. Now he sees it anyway.

Honestly, why cry about it on the forum? I have heard it a billion times. Has anyone seen me change the way I post?

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks. Now he sees it anyway.

Honestly, why cry about it on the forum? I have heard it a billion times. Has anyone seen me change the way I post?

probably not. then again you are on ignore by the majority of long time posters so you got that going for ya...

Agamemnon
09-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Go **** yourself.

A part of me thinks, "Man that's a little too quick a judgement."

Another part of me thinks, "This team looks way too much like last year's Panthers team to not start wondering."

jhns
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
FireFox!

crawdad
09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I watched the KC-SD game yesterday and KC was really putting pressure on Phyllis! I think we can beat SD hands down. They are not the juggernaut people say they are! They looked like crap against KC in their own house!

eddie mac
09-26-2011, 03:11 PM
It's amazing how many people think an established veteran HC like Fox, is going to make a switch at QB whenever the QB isn't the issue in his eyes and the fact he clearly does not rate Tim Tebow anywhere near where the majority of the fanbase do.

Infact the constant yapping of how **** Orton is and how godly Mr Tebow would be is a ****ing waste of your fresh air and my time breathing it.

Steve Sewell
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Everyone stay calm?

Sir, may I remind you that you are at:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/misc/vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

jhns
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
It's amazing how many people think an established veteran HC like Fox, is going to make a switch at QB whenever the QB isn't the issue in his eyes and the fact he clearly does not rate Tim Tebow anywhere near where the majority of the fanbase do.

Infact the constant yapping of how **** Orton is and how godly Mr Tebow would be is a ****ing waste of your fresh air and my time breathing it.

Who says we think he is makinf a change? I wouldn't want him fired for incompetence if that was the case.

Okay, that was a lie. I still want him fired. First off, he made a mistake that most high school coaches don't make in going for that fourth. He also decided to play a QB that has proven to be less productive than another on this roster. Even if he pulls Orton now, he has shown that he doesn't know what he is doing. After what he did at his last stop, and now this, he shouldn't be a head coach in this league.

Cito Pelon
09-26-2011, 04:17 PM

It's only the Devil that made you think he doesn't exist. That is his greatest trick.

Cito Pelon
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM

Ya know, I don't care a damn about that. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I've seen hundreds of plays like that and mostly they don't amount to anything over the long run. So STFU.

jhns
09-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Ya know, I don't care a damn about that. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I've seen hundreds of plays like that and mostly they don't amount to anything over the long run. So STFU.

You are as much of a noob as Fox.

Garcia Bronco
09-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I dont think we've regressed in any area outside of QB

Its nice to see the defense doing better
Defense has played well enough to win in every game so far

Offense is bad, but I guess one way of looking at it as most of it seems due to 3 players(Orton, Beadles, Walton)

Its possible we get rid of them and our offense takes a jump

Think we'd win more games if Beadles and Walton were better.

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Fox would have looked like a damn genius if the Broncos score a TD on that play. It wasn't so bad that Fox went for it, it was just bad that he did the same play 3 times in a row. The defense was playing good enough to win and I had no problem with them going for it on 4th down. I do have a problem with the play calling...

Cito Pelon
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
You are as much of a noob as Fox.

Noob and Fox says to you, "Get lost, candyass, and don't find your way back."

Arkie
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
After what he did at his last stop, and now this, he shouldn't be a head coach in this league.

At his last stop, he took his team to the Super Bowl and won three division titles. They always won 7 or more games every season until last year. You ignore everything else and just look at one season?

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 04:57 PM
If Tebow was in there the Broncos could have play actioned and then done the bootleg... that's a 100% sure TD... Tebow rolling out with an option to pass it to someone in the endzone or run it in himself... yep. T fuggen D.

Rigs11
09-26-2011, 04:58 PM
wait it's been 3 games! fire his ass!

Dagmar
09-26-2011, 05:11 PM
wait it's been 3 games! fire his ass!

jhns is a retarded pansy, his opinion isn't shared.

jhns
09-26-2011, 06:26 PM
At his last stop, he took his team to the Super Bowl and won three division titles. They always won 7 or more games every season until last year. You ignore everything else and just look at one season?

Shanahan has never come close to worst in the NFL. Not even when he took over a four win team. I liked the hire but he is making some pretty dumb decisions. The team has not been well coached.

randomtask
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Think we'd win more games if Beadles and Walton were better.

Personally, I thought they've been improving each game this season. They're probably not even the worst starters at their respective positions in the league now.

Maybe.

2KBack
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Wait what? Denver's D in just 3 games has produced two turnovers giving the Broncos Offense starting possession inside the red zone. The bumbling idiots on offense could only muster a total of 3 F'ing points from that thanks to stubborn moron Fox and AbOrton being AbOrton.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying the offense doing great, they need to improve as well. I think that goes without saying. I just don't think 2 FF in 3 games really cuts it. This is supposed to be an attacking defense, we need to challenge passes, bat some ball in the air, strip some guys. Not every WR is going to tear his knee and throw the ball to us,