PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Colts will be getting Luck.

teknic
09-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Peyton Manning is done for the season. This is a huge loss for the sport. But the Colts should now be the favourite to end up with a perfect replacement in the draft.

Hogan11
09-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Peyton Manning is done for the season. This is a huge loss for the sport. But the Colts should now be the favourite to end up with a perfect replacement in the draft.

At least the Colts showed some signs of life, as did the Chiefs....Miami is where I'm placing my bet, their schedule is brutal.

Crow
09-26-2011, 08:25 AM
I would feel just nasty if the ****ing Colts manage to transition from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. That would just be foul.

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM

If Orton starts 16 games, we will be in contention.:thumbsup:

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I think the Colts get their feet under them eventually and pull a few out.

They'll still be in contention for #1 overall, but far from a lock.

Frankly I think the teams in the race are:

Indy, KC and Denver and I'm very confident that no matter where we end up (most likely top 5) we'll do what it takes to get Luck. No matter the cost.

chickennob2
09-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I would feel just nasty if the ****ing Colts manage to transition from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. That would just be foul.

Tim Duncan, I'd like you to meet Andrew Luck...

oubronco
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Indy, KC and Denver and I'm very confident that no matter where we end up (most likely top 5) we'll do what it takes to get Luck. No matter the cost.

This is the way i've felt since day one that Elway took over

The Joker
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM

If it's a team that needs a QB I can't see them trading out of the #1 spot.

How do you not take Luck in that situation, no matter what you're being offered?

Agree with your list but I'd add Miami and Carolina to it. Both are bad teams and they have really ugly schedules.

Seattle would be in the hunt too if not for their division, I do think they suck immensely on offense though so I wouldn't rule them out completely.

Of all those teams, only Carolina would be open to trading out IMO.

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM

How do you not take Luck in that situation, no matter what you're being offered?

Agree with your list but I'd add Miami and Carolina to it. Both are bad teams and they have really ugly schedules.

Seattle would be in the hunt too if not for their division, I do think they suck immensely on offense though so I wouldn't rule them out completely.

Of all those teams, only Carolina would be open to trading out IMO.

I'd LOVE to see Carolina get it because then it would be up for sale. ...but I don't think they'll come close. They've been very competitive in every game (even beating GB at the half) and just beat Jax pretty hard (scoreboard didn't reflect it nearly as bad due to a pre-halftime hail mary).

KO5K
09-26-2011, 09:06 AM

If Elway slobbers all over Luck like I expect him to in the offseason I think it's entirely plausible that Luck pulls a Elway/Manning and he ends up in Denver.

I fully expect Elway to trade everything we have to get him and if he's the franchise guy then I guess that's ok.

Stagger Lee
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM
Don't count us out yet. Our schedule is brutal, starting with the raping that Green Bay is going to lay on us next week, and our stone age offense--well, enough said.

The Joker
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
I'd LOVE to see Carolina get it because then it would be up for sale. ...but I don't think they'll come close. They've been very competitive in every game (even beating GB at the half) and just beat Jax pretty hard (scoreboard didn't reflect it nearly as bad due to a pre-halftime hail mary).

Maybe, we of all fans should know that sometimes a new coaching staff starts off good and falls apart as the year goes on though.

Back to my other point however.

Say you're one of these QB needy teams, and next spring you're sitting on the #1 pick when draft week rolls around. You love Andrew Luck, think he's as close to a can't miss prospect as you can get and someone you think can regularly lead your team to the playoffs for the next 15 years.

John Elway's on the phone. He wants to trade for your pick and take this immense prospect. What sort of offer do you actually start to consider doing it?

Jesterhole
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
After next week we will be 1-3, and well in the thick of things.

OABB
09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
andrew is not declaring. He was given the option to go straight to the hall of fame and he took it.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
The Rams would be good trade partners too. Josh can have all his toys back

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQIzAVRLM_S2ETRCEuT0tzLiffPzfBy F0QmEafP4cE--NB4T98BQCHqw7r

strafen
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM

ANY team drafting next year in the top five, will be doing that for one reason, and one reason only....they need a QB, that's why they're picking top-5 and that includes the Broncos.
In order for someone to ensure themselves of drafting Luck, they have to be in position to pick first, make no bones about it.
Nobody in the right mind would trade their # 1 position in the draft if they can have Luck on their team...

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM

the chefs disagree

TonyR
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Why does everybody keep leaving the Rams out of this equation? They could be the worst team in the league, certainly worse than Carolina and probably worse than Indy. Are we assuming they are happy with their QB situation? Also, Minnesota isn't looking too good and they also need a QB. Seattle possibly also.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Why does everybody keep leaving the Rams out of this equation? They could be the worst team in the league, certainly worse than Carolina and probably worse than Indy. Are we assuming they are happy with their QB situation? Also, Minnesota isn't looking too good and they also need a QB. Seattle possibly also.

see post #15

give up on Bradford (AFTER TWO SEASONS?) when they could trade the pick and get some more pieces for a rebuilding team?

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM

Bet they're a lot happier with their QB situation than they are their OC situation.

strafen
09-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Why does everybody keep leaving the Rams out of this equation? They could be the worst team in the league, certainly worse than Carolina and probably worse than Indy. Are we assuming they are happy with their QB situation? Also, Minnesota isn't looking too good and they also need a QB. Seattle possibly also.MCdaniels lovers like yourself could only agree with you...

Tombstone RJ
09-26-2011, 09:20 AM

Rams?

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not bullish on much lately, but I gotta say we're a solid level better than KC and the Rams. They're 2-3 win teams ... Chefs can't score at all, their offense is down with SF and Seattle

Just noticed: New England is leading the league in both offense and defense.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 09:25 AM

However, it would be poetic justice if they went 0-16, drafted Luck and luck turned into the next Ryan Leaf.

That would be awesome.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Just noticed: New England is leading the league in both offense and defense.

It's pretty common that the two go hand in hand. When the offense can put points on the board, the opposing offense knows they have to take chances if they want to keep pace.

There is nothing that makes defending a team easier than knowing they have to throw the ball.

TonyR
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
see post #15

give up on Bradford (AFTER TWO SEASONS?) when they could trade the pick and get some more pieces for a rebuilding team?

Yes, saw that after I posted. But even if they don't want to draft Luck you obviously have to factor them into the equation if they get the #1 pick.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
It's pretty common that the two go hand in hand. When the offense can put points on the board, the opposing offense knows they have to take chances if they want to keep pace.

There is nothing that makes defending a team easier than knowing they have to throw the ball.

unless you are playing the Denver Broncos defense....

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Tim Duncan, I'd like you to meet Andrew Luck...

The roses are out Timmy, not the daises...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGa9ezemB3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SGa9ezemB3o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

HILife
09-26-2011, 09:48 AM

Don't give up just yet. I know we can suck WAY more then the Colts can ever possible dream of. Suck..for..Luck! Suck..for..Luck! Suck..for..Luck!

bendog
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
It would be interesting to see what Indy would do if Payaton showed by the draft he was going to be physically able to get off PUP, and if the team holding the second pick offered up their 1st and 2nd and 1st in 2013

HILife
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM

I really don't think Denver is in the Luck Sweepstakes. The games that were lost were close and I think the defense will do enough to keep them in the game. I see the Broncos winning 6 games this year. Broncos play KC two this year, so that's 3 wins right there. Not sure were the other 3 are going to come from.

Mountain Bronco
09-26-2011, 09:53 AM
The Rams play in the NFC West and can beat Seattle twice and can probably pull a couple other wins out. I think there are 3 quality QB's out there (Luck, Jones, Barkley) so any pick that can grab these guys would be ok. Obviously, Luck is superior, but I think all 3 will be quality pros. Great QB draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bendog
09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
I really don't think Denver is in the Luck Sweepstakes. The games that were lost were close and I think the defense will do enough to keep them in the game. I see the Broncos winning 6 games this year. Broncos play KC two this year, so that's 3 wins right there. Not sure were the other 3 are going to come from.

Den can beat Mia. But imo you're right, for Den to be in the Luck sweepstakes, they gotta lose to Mia and one to KC. Long odds.

NFLBRONCO
09-26-2011, 10:16 AM

All but, 1 bad teams so far are in dire need of a QB no trade will happen. Esp as highly regarded as Luck is. If Denver wants Luck they better get #1 pick

NFLBRONCO
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Den can beat Mia. But imo you're right, for Den to be in the Luck sweepstakes, they gotta lose to Mia and one to KC. Long odds.

I'm not expecting a win til week 17 but, who knows. You never know when we will play an A game.

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Maybe, we of all fans should know that sometimes a new coaching staff starts off good and falls apart as the year goes on though.

Back to my other point however.

Say you're one of these QB needy teams, and next spring you're sitting on the #1 pick when draft week rolls around. You love Andrew Luck, think he's as close to a can't miss prospect as you can get and someone you think can regularly lead your team to the playoffs for the next 15 years.

John Elway's on the phone. He wants to trade for your pick and take this immense prospect. What sort of offer do you actually start to consider doing it?

What offer? See Chargers Eli Manning trade as a template.

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM

Close vs bad teams. Our schedule is about to turn into a buzz saw. Color me unconvinced.

oubronco
09-26-2011, 10:25 AM
@ Green Bay L
San Diego L
@ Miami ? when was the last time they won in Miami
Detroit L
@ Oakland L
@ Kansas city L
New York jets L
@ San Diego L
@ Minnesota L
Chicago ? They could win this one
New England L
@ Buffalo L
Kansas City W

I'd say their firmly in the Luck sweepstakes

alkemical
09-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Close vs bad teams. Our schedule is about to turn into a buzz saw. Color me unconvinced.

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/post-fubarsite.jpg

bendog
09-26-2011, 10:31 AM
@ Green Bay L
San Diego L
Detroit L
@ Oakland L
@ Kansas city L
New York jets L
@ San Diego L
@ Minnesota L
New England L
@ Buffalo L
Kansas City W

That's really my "best case" Luck scenario. If Lambchop is healthy, he'll be motivated to light the broncos up in Den.

Durango
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

The Broncos are playing teams close. Eventually, we'll pull out 4+ games, although looking over that schedule, I'd be hard pressed to say exactly where those wins will come from.

If Indy ends up with Luck, and then Manning returns next year, it seems like borderline fraud. It's just unbelievable how crappy that Indianapolis team is without Manning.

Kansas City just flat out sucks, making 2010 the most certifiable fluke we may've ever seen in the NFL. Along with Miami, they seem the frontrunners in the Luck sweepstakes.

Regardless, aren't there several excellent QB prospects coming out in '12? Even if Denver loses out on Luck, it seems as though the Bronco FO will have their pick of two or three other top prospects.

Crow
09-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Why on earth would the Rams or Vikings use another #1 pick on a QB after having just done so.

This isn't a Denver/Tebow situation. Sanford and Ponder both actually have a chance of being very good.

DENVERDUI55
09-26-2011, 11:27 AM

I sure hope your right on that.

gunns
09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Why the clamor for Luck exclusively? Or is it just a metaphor for "getting the best QB available"? Because I see some QB's out there who could possibly be better.

TonyR
09-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Why on earth would the Rams or Vikings use another #1 pick on a QB after having just done so.

See post #26.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Why the clamor for Luck exclusively? Or is it just a metaphor for "getting the best QB available"? Because I see some QB's out there who could possibly be better.

So do I. I'm not as completely sold on Luck as many are. Although I was very underwhelmed with both Barkley and Foles this weekend.

I like Landry Jones as much as anyone at this point.

spdirty
09-26-2011, 11:49 AM
@ Green Bay L
San Diego L
Detroit L
@ Oakland L
@ Kansas city L
New York jets L
@ San Diego L
@ Minnesota L
New England L
@ Buffalo L
Kansas City W

And I'd bet my left nut that if we are in that position come week 17 we do whatever we need to to tank that game.

Agree totally on miami...how many times have superior Bronco teams gone to miami and just gotten destroyed?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
If Indy gets the top pick, there is no way they trade out of it IMO. 30 years of directly bearing witness to the importance of a true franchise quarterback probably taught a lesson or two.

bendog
09-26-2011, 11:52 AM

good question, and not just because I ask myself the same thing.

Pick Six
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
@ Green Bay L
San Diego L
Detroit L
@ Oakland L
@ Kansas city L
New York jets L
@ San Diego L
@ Minnesota L
New England L
@ Buffalo L
Kansas City W

At this point, I'm not sure about Chicago. Cutler screws up when he has a consistent pass rush in his face. Pass rush? The Broncos? OOOPS...:cuss:

DrFate
09-26-2011, 11:56 AM

I wasn't impressed at all by Jones when I watched him

Gort
09-26-2011, 12:16 PM

it's a Stanford thing...

Gort
09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
If Indy gets the top pick, there is no way they trade out of it IMO. 30 years of directly bearing witness to the importance of a true franchise quarterback probably taught a lesson or two.

odds are pretty high that Manning is done. i saw a quote from the medical guy on Fox Sports yesterday (he's a Dr. and a former NFL player) who said if he were Manning's doc his recommendation would be to retire.

HILife
09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
What offer? See Chargers Eli Manning trade as a template.

Did anyone ever figure out why Eli hated the Chargers so much?

Gort
09-26-2011, 12:20 PM
At this point, I'm not sure about Chicago. Cutler screws up when he has a consistent pass rush in his face. Pass rush? The Broncos? OOOPS...:cuss:

if we put "HALL" on the back of Champ's jersey, maybe we can trick Frown Cannon into throwing to Champ's side all day long.

Gort
09-26-2011, 12:20 PM

maybe he hates mexicans

DrFate
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM

At the time the Chargers were a very mismanaged franchise

He was drafted in 04

Look at their record in the years leading up to that

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I wasn't impressed at all by Jones when I watched him
Where did you watch him?

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 12:24 PM
odds are pretty high that Manning is done. i saw a quote from the medical guy on Fox Sports yesterday (he's a Dr. and a former NFL player) who said if he were Manning's doc his recommendation would be to retire.

As much as I have disliked Manning, it's only because he was so GD good and because he had our ass on tap. Hate to see him go out like this. Especially if it means the Colts walk right in to the next 15 years of franchise quarterback.

bendog
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
As much as I have disliked Manning, it's only because he was so GD good and because he had our ass on tap. Hate to see him go out like this. Especially if it means the Colts walk right in to the next 15 years of franchise quarterback.

We need a miracle.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 12:27 PM
We need a miracle.

Supposedly he's been to Europe for experimental treatments that are not legal here. We should probably start praying.

maven
09-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Nobody mentioned the Dolphins? That team is about to implode.

DrFate
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Where did you watch him?

It was the primetime game a week or so ago. I'd have to look...

FSU I think

18-27, 1 TD, 2 INTs

I just wasn't impressed by his game - he looks to have a slow release, not a lot of movement, etc.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 12:34 PM
It was the primetime game a week or so ago. I'd have to look...

FSU I think

He went on the road against one of the nation's best defenses and scored 10 points in the 4th quarter to win a tight game with no run support to speak of.

Gort
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Supposedly he's been to Europe for experimental treatments that are not legal here. We should probably start praying.

i'm pretty sure wallet-ectomies are legal here too.

WolfpackGuy
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM

Didn't want to play in a small market.

And to think the Chuggers almost pried away Umenyiora in that deal as well...

bendog
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Didn't want to play in a small market.

And to think the Chuggers almost pried away Umenyiora in that deal as well...

I thought it was a combination of Smith and Marty, but considering that SD took Leaf rather than Payaton, they may really have just looked for an excuse. Eli isn't a really public guy. He'd be a better fit outside the Big Apple media.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I just wasn't impressed by his game - he looks to have a slow release, not a lot of movement, etc.

Are you sure you're watching Jones? I don't think there's any way you can call his release slow, and although he's certainly not a scrambling QB, he was plenty of mobility to work the pocket and get outside on bootlegs.

He has a great arm and is accurate with the ball from the pocket and on the run. My favorite thing about him is that he doesn't have the propensity, like most strong armed QBs, to rely solely on his arm. He's generally smart with the ball and makes good decisions.

He's playing behind a suspect OL and was constantly under against FSU and stood in there and delivered strikes when the team needed it.

KCStud
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
With how well SD's defense played and how well Painter did agianst the Steelers secondary, I see them beating KC at home putting us in front for Luck.

Bronx33
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
With how well SD's defense played and how well Painter did agianst the Steelers secondary, I see them beating KC at home putting us in front for Luck.

are you really pinning all your future hopes on ( one qb)??

OrangeCrush2724
09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Colts have the number 1 pick. Prospect from Stanford states he does not want to be drafted by the Colts bc he doesn't want to sit on the bench for 3-4 years. Elway loves the Stanford prospect and trades up to get him. The rest is history. Dejvu?

gunns
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
So do I. I'm not as completely sold on Luck as many are. Although I was very underwhelmed with both Barkley and Foles this weekend.

I'm liking Wilson and Boyd. Boyd threw some beautiful passes on Saturday.

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
No! Indy has Curtis "Thor" Painter

KCStud
09-26-2011, 09:16 PM
are you really pinning all your future hopes on ( one qb)??

It's a QB driven league now. KC has talent on both sides of the ball as well.
This is the man I want to succeed.

<--------------

Tim
09-26-2011, 09:19 PM
too bad dumbass haley will put in palko instead

Bronx33
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
This is the man I want to succeed.

That just sounds ghey....sorry i said it! and iam not takin it back.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM

Most people donít think of Newton or Tebow as true pocket passers, but the actual 'on the field' numbers show that's just TOTAL BS.

The numbers also show who the better pocket passer is between Tebow and the new flavor of the week, Scam Newton.

On throws from the pocket in 2010, Newton completed 66.9% for 27 TD's with 6 Ints.
On throws from the pocket in 2009, Tebow completed 72.2% for 19 TD's with 4 Ints.
That gave Tebow 8 more TD's, 2 less Ints, and a 179.1 PER on his pocket throws.

On throws of 15 yards or longer:
~ Newton completed 50% of his passes in 2010 with 17 TD's and 7 Ints. (2.4 to 1).
~ Weak/inaccurate Tebow completed 52% of his passes in 2009 with 12 TD's and 2 Ints. (6.0 to 1).
* Plus Tebow played a much tougher schedule than Newton did.

* And you don't EVEN want to look at any Lucky/Lac 10 Vs Tebow/SEC comparisons.

Luck Passing --- 425 of 660 for 5,913 yds, 64.4%, 45 TD's, 12 Ints, QB Pass Rating 158.50

Tebow Passing - 426 of 648 for 6,033 yds, 65.7%, 62 TD's, 10 Ints, QB Pass Rating 172.45

>>> I guess someone better hire a QB guru quick to try and fix whatever's wrong with crappy Luck's throwing mechanics and his weak armed accuracy, huh? :thumbsup:

And don't ANY of you dare to go by the actual facts/stats when you have the media morons TOTALLY UNBIASED (bought and paid for) opinions to go on instead.....
(are you going to believe them, or YOUR own lying eyes?) :welcome:

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
He (L.Jones) went on the road against one of the nation's best defenses (FSU) and scored 10 points in the 4th quarter to win a tight game with no run support to speak of.
NOTE - UF/Tebow 24 - 14 OK/Bradford in the BCS-NC game in 2009.

Tebow against UF's in-state rival FSU, to end every regular season while at UF:

2009 Tebow 37 - 10 vs FSU (+27)
2008 Tebow 45 - 15 @ FSU (+30)
2007 Tebow 45 - 12 vs FSU (+32)
2006 Leak/Tebow 21 -14 @ FSU (+7)

But wait, FSU was never any good during those Tebow years,,,, right?
Yeah, FSU only went to 4 bowls going 3-1 in them with their only loss to an SECe team by 7 pts.

2009 FSU 33 - 21 WVa Gator Bowl - Big East (+12)
2008 FSU 42 - 13 Wis Champs Sports Bowl - Big 10-11/12 (+29)
2007 FSU 28 - 35 KY in Music City Bowl - SEC) (-7)
2006 FSU 44 - 27 UCLA Emerald Bowl - PAC 10 (+17)

But of course, anything that Tebow did or accomplished while playing in the SEC/UF/College has ZERO value, unlike any of the other college QB's that are coming up in the next draft..... :wiggle:

oubronco
09-27-2011, 10:57 AM
College is a totally different ballgame buddy

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
College is a totally different ballgame buddy

:spit:

Yep, I'm fully aware of that myself.

Rookie Bronco with only 3 starts:
Passing - 41 of 82, 50% for 654 yds, 15.4 yds/rec, 8.0 yds/att, 5 TD's to 3 Ints, 82.1 Rating.
Rushing - 43 for 227 yds, 5.3 ypc, Long 40 yds, 6 TD's, ZERO lost possession fumbles.
* Both the 6 Rushing TD's and the 5.3 ypc were the season best for any Bronco.
Total Plays 84 for 881 yds, 10.5 yds/play with 11 TD's.

Elway's first start as a Bronco, he was 1 of 8 passing.
Tebow's first start as a Bronco, he was 8 of 16, 138 yds, 1 TD, 0 Int's.

* Tim's rookie start at QB resulted in two touchdowns, one passing and one rushing, en route to a 100.5 Quarterback rating -- the HIGHEST FOR ANY ROOKIE starting debut in Broncos TEAM HISTORY and best among the seven 2010-11 rookies across the league to make their starting debut last season.
~ Tebow became just the 3rd QB in NFL HISTORY to throw for a touchdown of 30 (33) or more yards and run for a touchdown of 40 or more yards in the same game. :notworthy

Now, be a good boy and go relay your 'college don't count' insight to those who are currently clamoring for Lucky, Jones, etc....:thumbsup:

TheDave
09-27-2011, 11:14 AM

I wonder that myself. Right now everyone says that Luck is in a class by himself. Having watched a couple of games and a few rounds of highlights, I agree he looks incredible, but I have not watched the other ones at all.

It will be interesting to see how the ranking play out prior to the draft.

But either way, unless Tebow changes a lot of minds in the next few months, we have to draft a QB at #1.

Willynowei
09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Luck was not as good as advertised.

For one, I don't' like his wind up, its very long, a little bit tebow like.

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Luck was not as good as advertised.

For one, I don't' like his wind up, its very long, a little bit tebow like.

I'm not worried about his motion nearly as much as I am with him getting jumpy when there's pressure. By jumpy I don't mean he looks to scramble too quickly. I mean he looks like he lacks composure under stress.

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Tebow against UF's in-state rival FSU, to end every regular season while at UF:

2009 Tebow 37 - 10 vs FSU (+27)
2008 Tebow 45 - 15 @ FSU (+30)
2007 Tebow 45 - 12 vs FSU (+32)
2006 Leak/Tebow 21 -14 @ FSU (+7)

But wait, FSU was never any good during those Tebow years,,,, right?
Yeah, FSU only went to 4 bowls going 3-1 in them with their only loss to an SECe team by 7 pts.

2009 FSU 33 - 21 WVa Gator Bowl - Big East (+12)
2008 FSU 42 - 13 Wis Champs Sports Bowl - Big 10-11/12 (+29)
2007 FSU 28 - 35 KY in Music City Bowl - SEC) (-7)
2006 FSU 44 - 27 UCLA Emerald Bowl - PAC 10 (+17)

But of course, anything that Tebow did or accomplished while playing in the SEC/UF/College has ZERO value, unlike any of the other college QB's that are coming up in the next draft..... :wiggle:

What the hell are you talking about? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Tebow. Give it a rest.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I wonder that myself. Right now everyone says that Luck is in a class by himself. Having watched a couple of games and a few rounds of highlights, I agree he looks incredible, but I have not watched the other ones at all.

It will be interesting to see how the ranking play out prior to the draft.

But either way, unless Tebow changes a lot of minds in the next few months, we have to draft a QB at #1.

WoW! You mean that what EVERYONE but Tebow did in college actually counts??? 8')

The real way to find out if ole Lucky is really any good or not,,,,
is IF he ends up in a Bowl game against an SEC defense like LSU/Bama/UF has.

If you want to get an idea of what that's like for a non-SEC team, I refer you to the points scored by the last 5 non-SEC teams to play in the BCS-NC game.

A Prime Example: OK/Heisman-Bradford came into the 2009 BCS-NC game averaging an NCAA All Time Scoring Record 54 pts/gm.
UF, with the #3 SEC Defense, held them to 14 pts, or 40 pts under their usual chump-schedule average.

And SEC teams are the ones that Tebow played 8-9 times per season (plus FSU) while at UF. Tim's passing and rushing stats were generated against the BEST in the nation. :notworthy

But Tim's don't count,,,, while Lucky-Jones-Bradfors-etc. do count and mean everything. Seems right/fair/logical/just to me alright..... :angel:

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 12:00 PM
What the hell are you talking about? This thread has absolutely nothing to do with Tebow. Give it a rest.

Thread Title: Looks like the Colts will be getting Luck.

Wrong-O genius, it has a lot to do with Tebow, him being a Bronco QB.

And some in this very thread clamoring for ole Lucky (or L.Jones) to be drafted by the Broncos, even if they have to sell the farm to get one of them.

So maybe you should either get a clue, or give it a rest yourself....:welcome:

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Most people donít think of Newton or Tebow as true pocket passers, but the actual 'on the field' numbers show that's just TOTAL BS.

The numbers also show who the better pocket passer is between Tebow and the new flavor of the week, Scam Newton.

On throws from the pocket in 2010, Newton completed 66.9% for 27 TD's with 6 Ints.
On throws from the pocket in 2009, Tebow completed 72.2% for 19 TD's with 4 Ints.
That gave Tebow 8 more TD's, 2 less Ints, and a 179.1 PER on his pocket throws.

On throws of 15 yards or longer:
~ Newton completed 50% of his passes in 2010 with 17 TD's and 7 Ints. (2.4 to 1).
~ Weak/inaccurate Tebow completed 52% of his passes in 2009 with 12 TD's and 2 Ints. (6.0 to 1).
* Plus Tebow played a much tougher schedule than Newton did.

* And you don't EVEN want to look at any Lucky/Lac 10 Vs Tebow/SEC comparisons.

Luck Passing --- 425 of 660 for 5,913 yds, 64.4%, 45 TD's, 12 Ints, QB Pass Rating 158.50

Tebow Passing - 426 of 648 for 6,033 yds, 65.7%, 62 TD's, 10 Ints, QB Pass Rating 172.45

>>> I guess someone better hire a QB guru quick to try and fix whatever's wrong with crappy Luck's throwing mechanics and his weak armed accuracy, huh? :thumbsup:

And don't ANY of you dare to go by the actual facts/stats when you have the media morons TOTALLY UNBIASED (bought and paid for) opinions to go on instead.....
(are you going to believe them, or YOUR own lying eyes?) :welcome:

FWIW, tebow had 16 int, also luck has 53 TDs - 13 ints

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 12:05 PM

And some in this very thread clamoring for ole Lucky (or L.Jones) to be drafted by the Broncos, even if they have to sell the farm to get one of them.

So maybe you should either get a clue, or give it a rest yourself....:welcome:Are you seriously this desperate?

You responded with a Tebow themed statistical diatribe to a post that didn't contain any comment on Tebow or the idea that the Broncos should draft him.

You should at least make an occasional attempt at talking about something other than how great Tebow is. Otherwise you look like nothing but a whiny little Tebow troll.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 12:43 PM

Tebow's SEC/UF Career was 88 TD's to 16 Ints.
P.Manning's SEC Career was 89 TD's to 34 Ints.
Lucky's LAC 10 career is not over yet.

* But don't forget that Tebow also broke RB Herschel Walkers SEC Career Rushing TD (49) record with 57 Rushing TD's, for a total of 145 TD's. :notworthy

No, the stats listed above were from a previous post here. It was an Oranges to Oranges comparison of 2 season by each of them, their Soph & Jr seasons. That was the comparison available last year because they were both starters for their teams in their Soph & Jr seasons, Lucky being a Sr this season.
Nice try though..... :P

At the end of this season, we can then compare their 3 year career starter (So-Jr-Sr) stats if you'd like.

But if we do that, then we also need to compare their career schedule strengths.

Tebow played 40 bowl teams in his 4 years at UF, so feel free to list anything that Lucky has done in the LAC 10 with Stanford. :welcome:

Gort
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Are you seriously this desperate?

You responded with a Tebow themed statistical diatribe to a post that didn't contain any comment on Tebow or the idea that the Broncos should draft him.

You should at least make an occasional attempt at talking about something other than how great Tebow is. Otherwise you look like nothing but a whiny little Tebow troll.

you're arguing with MacGruder under a new alias. notice his obsession with the SEC.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Are you seriously this desperate?

I'm just so devastated my your slashing cirtique of my posting. :bs:

So of course, I'll do just exactly as you demand whenever I post in the future...notsofast

And thankyou so much for your to kind input! :welcome:

TheDave
09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
FWIW... the iggy feature works real well with these types.

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm just so devastated my your slashing cirtique of my posting. :bs:

So of course, I'll do just exactly as you demand whenever I post in the future...notsofast

And thankyou so much for your to kind input! :welcome:

So you are that desperate. Got it.

You should learn when to shut up. You give Tebow supporters, like me, a bad name with your incessant whining.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
you're arguing with MacGruder under a new alias. notice his obsession with the SEC.

I've already told you that your are incorrect. Now I'm calling you out as an intentional LIAR, and I don't mind doing so at all.
I have no idea who MacGruder is, nor do I G-a-S.

Unlike you, I stand by my own posts and their accuracy.
And whenever I make a mistake or typo, I actually own up to it and thank the one who made the correction (when appropiate), or posted the correct info.

Now, I'll end with a F-U too... :deadhorse

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM

So you're highlighting the fact that Tebow had a far better TD/INT ratio than Luck?

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
FWIW... the iggy feature works real well with these types.

And I THANK your own type whenever you use it too. :welcome:

Cause then I can give my own input to EVERYONE else reading here without your own stupid interruptions.... :P

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 01:09 PM
So you're highlighting the fact that Tebow had a far better TD/INT ratio than Luck?we'll see what the final ratio is soon enough.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
So you are that desperate. Got it.

You should learn when to shut up. You give Tebow supporters, like me, a bad name with your incessant whining.

So, your reading comp is really this poor, and your own over-blown self image is what it is,,,, got it.

I have my opinions and you have your, as inept as they usually are.

I want you to continue posting just as you do, for everyone's edification.

I intend to do the same, and especially if you don't like that.

Get it yet? :gus:

If not, get this ---- 4321~

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
we'll see what the final ratio is soon enough.

We certainly will.

Tebow ended his UF/SEC Career with 145 TD's, P-88, R-57.

And he got those stats and 2 National Championships while playing in the conference that has won an NCAA All Time Record of 5 Consecutive NC's, with 4 DIFFERENT teams winning one, UF/Tebow winning 2 of them.

And of Tebow's 55 opponent teams, 40 were bowl teams, so don't forget to factor that into their final stat sheets.

PS

2011 Bronco Preseason QB Passer Ratings:

Quinn 69
Orton 104
Tebow 108 + 6.4 ypc when running the ball.

See, I'm perfectly willing to use NFL/Bronco stats instead of SEC/UF stats.
Oh BTW, UF started Tebow and won 2 BCS-NC's.
Tebow's Sr Class also broke/set the SEC's All Time Career W/L record at 48-7.
While Denver has mostly left Tim on the bench, so how's that worked out for ya so far? :thumbsup:

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 01:20 PM
We certainly will.

Tebow ended his UF/SEC Career with 145 TD's, P-88, R 57.

And he got those stats and Championships while playing in the conference that has won an NCAA All Time Record of 5 Consecutive NC's, with 4 DIFFERENT teams winning on, UF/Tebow with 2 of them.

And of Tebow's 55 opponent teams, 40 were bowl teams, so don't forget to factor that into their final stat sheets.

PS

Quinn 69
Orton 104
(see, I'm perfectly willing to use NFL/Bronco stats instead of SEC/UF stats.
Oh BTW, UF started Tebow and won 2 BCS-NC's.
While Denver has mostly left Tim on the bench, so how's that worked out for ya so far?

all those wonderful stats & he still can't beat out kyle orton.

Gort
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I've already told you that your are incorrect. Now I'm calling you out as an intentional LIAR, and I don't mind doing so at all.
I have no idea who MacGruder is, nor do I G-a-S.

Unlike you, I stand by my own posts and their accuracy.
And whenever I make a mistake or typo, I actually own up to it and thank the one who made the correction (when appropiate), or posted the correct info.

Now, I'll end with a F-U too... :deadhorse

don't flatter yourself, cupcake.

to this point, i've taken no notice of you whatsoever.

you may have called somebody else out. i don't know and don't care. but you most assuredly haven't called me out specifically.

...but hey, thanks for playing anyway.

now go get your shinebox!

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Darn, you really are this stupid aren't you? (retorical -- look it up)

Quinn 69
Orton 104
* Plus Tebow is the ONLY Bronco QB without a preseason Int.

Apparently starting for Denver in a 'fair' QB competition doesn't work there, like it does in most anywhere else in the world..... :welcome:

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM

don't flatter yourself, cupcake.

to this point, i've taken no notice of you whatsoever.

you may have called somebody else out. i don't know and don't care. but you most assuredly haven't called me out specifically.

...but hey, thanks for playing anyway.

now go get your shinebox!

So you just repeated what some other liar here called me then? Fine.

(and I've got your cupcake swinging, bubba) :welcome:

Gort
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
So you just repeated what some other liar here called me then? Fine.

(and I've got your cupcake swinging, bubba) :welcome:

your obsession with the SEC is a tip off.

let me ask you a couple of questions:

- do you hate freemasons?
- was the WTC blown up by the "feddle gummint"?
- how many stages of truth are there?

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 01:36 PM

You're the one who tried to rely on those stats, and then only offered one that served to work directly against your intended point.

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Darn, you really are this stupid aren't you? (retorical -- look it up)

As a rule of thumb, if you ask someone to look up a word because you're accusing them of being dumb, you should probably spell the word correctly lest you look like a complete fool.

oubronco
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
And people wonder why all the good posters left

Dedhed
09-27-2011, 01:42 PM
we'll see what the final ratio is soon enough.

Nice backpedal. He'll have to throw 20 more TDs against 0 picks to get to Tebow's level.

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
your obsession with the SEC is a tip off.

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

- do you hate freemasons?
- was the WTC blown up by the "feddle gummint"?
- how many stages of truth are there?

Your own general ignorance and/or stupidity is evident in most of your postings.

Did VN really attack and/or sink a US destroyer to get the US into the VN police action? (known as the Tonkin Gulf Incident)
No VN Vet that I've every asked thinks so.

Did Oswald really shoot JFK all by himself from the 4th floor, 1/2 block away, in a moving car that was going away from him, with the WORST rifle made in WWII, a Norma Carcano Italian PoS? (80+ % of polled American say no)

Are UFO's real, or are they swamp gas, swarms, or flocks, or hallucinations?
(80+ % of polled American say no)

President Eisenhower said that nothing that happens in Washington is an accident or a coincidence, if it happens, then it's well planned.
Believe whatever lets you sleep nights, and I'll do the same.:welcome:

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:52 PM

Prolly cause deem 'good posters' don't have any idea what an iggy is? :welcome:

AlphaSeirra
09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
As a rule of thumb, if you ask someone to look up a word because you're accusing them of being dumb, you should probably spell the word correctly lest you look like a complete fool.

I worry when I have an idea or a principle incorrect, not when I make a typo or an error in spelling or grammar. (only the pencil-D's do that)

I take the anthropologist view on language, that if you understood the message, then that's good enough for informal communications.

BTW, do you actually know where the 'rule of thumb' originated?
(your type prolly still uses it at home yourself) :P

Gort
09-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Your own general ignorance and/or stupidity is evident in most of your postings.

Did VN really attack and/or sink a US destroyer to get the US into the VN police action? (known as the Tonkin Gulf Incident)
No VN Vet that I've every asked thinks so.

Did Oswald really shoot JFK all by himself from the 4th floor, 1/2 block away, in a moving car that was going away from him, with the WORST rifle made in WWII, a Norma Carcano Italian PoS? (80+ % of polled American say no)

Are UFO's real, or are they swamp gas, swarms, or flocks, or hallucinations?
(80+ % of polled American say no)

President Eisenhower said that nothing that happens in Washington is an accident or a coincidence, if it happens, then it's well planned.
Believe whatever lets you sleep nights, and I'll do the same.:welcome:

so you are MacGruder, afterall. i hope TJ bans you again.

BroncoMan4ever
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
At least the Colts showed some signs of life, as did the Chiefs....Miami is where I'm placing my bet, their schedule is brutal.

idk. i am a very optimistic Broncos fan and even I am having trouble finding any light at the end of the tunnel this season and see maybe 2 more wins. this team should be 3-0 right now, but seems incapable of finishing games. the OL is still suspect, especially the interior and is it just me or does Clady still not look like himself? the DL is improved but with a major lack of depth and lack of playmakers it is only a matter of time before it gets figured out and pushed around on a consistent basis. we still can't run the ball worth a damn. can't get a consistent pass rush going and can't pressure a QB without bringing a blitz. receivers are seemingly dropping like flies and Orton is still Orton.

i don't count us out of the race for Luck quite yet. i honestly think this is a race that will last until the final week of the season.

right now what Broncos fans who really want Luck(i have not jumped on that wagon yet. waiting until i see Tebow play more than 3 games) you need to pray that Irsay is correct and Peyton is back in December and that Painter can have a positive impact on that team, somehow the Chorfs can pull their heads out of their asses, Dalton in Cinci continues to show the rest of the year that they have their QBOTF right now, hope that Jackson shows he is a good player in Seattle and pray that the Dolphins and Henne play well enough that he warrants 1 more season at least as their starter.

funny thing about the Luck sweepstakes is that a good portion of the teams that are worse than us or just as bad or even a little better but remaining in contention for the number 1 overall pick St Louis, Arizona, Jacksonville, Cincinatti, Cleveland, Minnesotta, and Carolina all aquired QBs recently who they think can be their guy for the next decade and probably wouldnt be major players for Luck even if they were in position for him. would probably just sell the pick to the highest bidder.

the only real threats that remain in Denver's way are, KC, Seattle and Miami. with the dark horse of the Colts.

funny thing is, I am betting the final game of the season determines who gets Lucky in the draft next year.

BroncoMan4ever
09-27-2011, 03:27 PM

i am not really high on Jones. i don't know why, just something about him that i can't quite put my finger on right now has me luke warm on him. if we have to get a QB in the draft next year, meaning Orton is gone(certainty at this point) and Tebow played and showed he isn't an NFL QB I would much rather get Barkley or Luck.

in fact i lean more towards Barkley simply because all this hype surrounding Luck just has me thinking he is going to end up failing on an epic level when he isn't capable of living up to the hype right away. he isn't being talked about as a guy who can become a good NFL franchise QB. he is being talked about as a guy who is going to go down as one of if not the greatest to ever strap on a helmet.

his hype is built up more than any player ever coming into the NFL or any professional sport. his hype is bigger than the Lebron James hype leading up to him being drafted and that was a lot of big talk for him but all the Luck talk dwarfs even that.

it is a recipe for a rough time for Luck. if we do somehow end up getting him, i pray that i am wrong and he shows he is worth every bit of the hype he got.

maven
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM

where did they go?

maven
09-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Prolly cause deem 'good posters' don't have any idea what an iggy is? :welcome:

Just wondering as to why you brought up Tebow in a Luck thread.

peacepipe
09-27-2011, 05:30 PM
i am not really high on Jones. i don't know why, just something about him that i can't quite put my finger on right now has me luke warm on him. if we have to get a QB in the draft next year, meaning Orton is gone(certainty at this point) and Tebow played and showed he isn't an NFL QB I would much rather get Barkley or Luck.

in fact i lean more towards Barkley simply because all this hype surrounding Luck just has me thinking he is going to end up failing on an epic level when he isn't capable of living up to the hype right away. he isn't being talked about as a guy who can become a good NFL franchise QB. he is being talked about as a guy who is going to go down as one of if not the greatest to ever strap on a helmet.

his hype is built up more than any player ever coming into the NFL or any professional sport. his hype is bigger than the Lebron James hype leading up to him being drafted and that was a lot of big talk for him but all the Luck talk dwarfs even that.

it is a recipe for a rough time for Luck. if we do somehow end up getting him, i pray that i am wrong and he shows he is worth every bit of the hype he got.elway,I believe had that same hype thrown on him. especially being the consensus #1 pick that yr. their has been some expectation that Luck will be the consensus #1 pick as well.

alkemical
09-27-2011, 05:59 PM

it is a recipe for a rough time for Luck. if we do somehow end up getting him, i pray that i am wrong and he shows he is worth every bit of the hype he got.

It's a different sport, but Alex Ovechkin & sidney crosby were considered generational talents. They panned out ok.

Blueflame
09-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Cease and desist with the hijacking of threads, AlphaSeirra. There are plenty of Tebow threads on the Mane and sometimes other posters would like to discuss another topic besides Tebow, Tebow, Tebow.

And to avoid any confusion, this post is not "just another poster's opinion"; it's an official warning from a forum moderator.

/mod mode

TheReverend
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Names?

vancejohnson82
09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Nice job Blue...

Someone mentioned our inability to finish games before. I will go out on a limb and say that we havent been able to finish games in over a decade. Its been the staple of this franchise as of late. That and giving up an ungodly amount of 3rd down conversions on defense

Punisher
09-27-2011, 07:45 PM

read thread

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

TheReverend
09-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Nice job Blue...

Someone mentioned our inability to finish games before. I will go out on a limb and say that we havent been able to finish games in over a decade. Its been the staple of this franchise as of late. That and giving up an ungodly amount of 3rd down conversions on defense

Why dont we have a facepalm smiley?

vancejohnson82
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Why dont we have a facepalm smiley?

elaborate?

care to?

broncos-rock
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM

QFT!!!!!!

I miss the Wabbit reports and views

TheReverend
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
elaborate?

care to?

I'd rather you attempted to elaborate on why you feel it's been a "decade since we could close out games"?

Perry1977
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
If the Colts get Luck, it's going to be real hard to watch football for the next 10 years. Just saying.

vancejohnson82
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I'd rather you attempted to elaborate on why you feel it's been a "decade since we could close out games"?

with the exception of two years, I feel like this statement is pretty accurate

BroncoMan4ever
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
It's a different sport, but Alex Ovechkin & sidney crosby were considered generational talents. They panned out ok.

Crosby and Ovechkin came into a sport that at the time was suffering from lack of interest. even now that interest has climbed considerably there still isn't a big time interest in the sport nationwide. With Luck my girlfriend and mom who don't even like football or pay any attention to it have asked me about him. people who don't even have a vested interest in the guy or the sport know about him.

elway,I believe had that same hype thrown on him. especially being the consensus #1 pick that yr. their has been some expectation that Luck will be the consensus #1 pick as well.

Elway had a ton of hype thrown at him, but if you factor in that his hype was coming in 82 leading up to the 83 draft and at that time there wasn't the constant connection to the news, media speculation, 24 hour coverage of the sport.

in comparison with what Luck is getting now, Elway got the same amount of coverage as a mid round guy who has a big day at the combine.

teknic
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
read thread

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

No.

alkemical
09-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Crosby and Ovechkin came into a sport that at the time was suffering from lack of interest. even now that interest has climbed considerably there still isn't a big time interest in the sport nationwide. With Luck my girlfriend and mom who don't even like football or pay any attention to it have asked me about him. people who don't even have a vested interest in the guy or the sport know about him.

I can say the same thing about Crosby. Lots of new Pens fans appeared with him.

I don't follow college ball at all. I never heard of Luck until spring time this year.

elsid13
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I can say the same thing about Crosby. Lots of new Pens fans appeared with him.

I don't follow college ball at all. I never heard of Luck until spring time this year.

He been getting a lot of buzz if you really watch college football and follow the PAC-10/12 the last 4 years.

KipCorrington25
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM

True, you can never underestimate the McCheat factor when it somes to potential loses, just too bad they didn't let him make personelle decisions.

AlphaSeirra
09-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Just wondering as to why you brought up Tebow in a Luck thread.

The same reason that others brought up L.Jones, or Barkley, or whomever....

It's a Bronco QB thread in reality, because there is so little about Lucky to talk about.

I have been (many times here) assured that what ANY player does in College MEANS NOTHING! ROFL!
That's why they just draw names out of a hat on draft day btw.... Hilarious!

Unless, as I suspect, that those claiming it meant that it ONLY applied to what Tebow did in college.
While he was winning several pages of awards and setting many NCAA, SEC, and UF team records.
And oh yes, winning 2 SEC & 2 BCS-NC's.....:approve:

You know, at this point, I'm really starting to hope that Denver cuts or trades Tim away.
And then goes for Luck, or any of the others.
(and I actually dislike wishing that on any other good/great QB's at this point)

Now, I'm wondering why you bothered to ask me that question? :sunshine:

Blueflame
09-30-2011, 12:37 PM
The same reason that others brought up L.Jones, or Barkley, or whomever....

It's a Bronco QB thread in reality, because there is so little about Lucky to talk about.

I have been (many times here) assured that what ANY player does in College MEANS NOTHING! ROFL!
That's why they just draw names out of a hat on draft day btw.... Hilarious!

Unless, as I suspect, that those claiming it meant that it ONLY applied to what Tebow did in college.
While he was winning several pages of awards and setting many NCAA, SEC, and UF team records.
And oh yes, winning 2 SEC & 2 BCS-NC's.....:approve:

You know, at this point, I'm really starting to hope that Denver cuts or trades Tim away.
And then goes for Luck, or any of the others.
(and I actually dislike wishing that on any other good/great QB's at this point)

Now, I'm wondering why you bothered to ask me that question? :sunshine:

No, this is NOT "a Broncos QB thread", AlphaSeirra... the thread title specifies a completely different team (Colts) and a college QB they may be in position to draft next April. No one was talking about Tebow in this thread until you hijacked it to the only topic you ever discuss.

A "Broncos QB thread" would have one or more of these words in the title: "Orton", "Tebow", "Quinn" or "Weber". Hope that helps you.

Now, back to topic.

Eldorado
09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't know what planet he is on, let alone what thread he is posting in.