PDA

View Full Version : We should be 3-0

jhns
09-26-2011, 06:27 AM
25 ppg = 3-0

Why are we getting such retarded front offices since Shanahan? With Tebow, we are 3-0. With Ortons offense ranking in the 20s for points scored, again, we are 1-2. How can any of you actually want a **** offense? It gets harder and harder to believe that Orton actually has backers. McDaniels gave him a huge contract, but we know he is an idiot. I expected more from everyone else.

"But it was only three games for Tebow!"

Yeah it was. Now try making a case that it is common for guys to get worse after their first few starts.

I like what I am seeing from other parts of the team and I liked this past draft. Fox is now making me want him fired though.

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Another good reason to start Tebow.

Boobs McGee
09-26-2011, 06:46 AM
25 ppg = 3-0

Why are we getting such retarded front offices since Shanahan? With Tebow, we are 3-0. With Ortons offense ranking in the 20s for points scored, again, we are 1-2. How can any of you actually want a **** offense? It gets harder and harder to believe that Orton actually has backers. McDaniels gave him a huge contract, but we know he is an idiot. I expected more from everyone else.

Yeah it was. Now try making a case that it is common for guys to get worse after their first few starts.

I like what I am seeing from other parts of the team and I liked this past draft. Fox is now making me want him fired though.

Three games in and you're jumping ship. :thumbsup:

jhns
09-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Three games in and you're jumping ship. :thumbsup:

I lasted longer than when McDaniels took over. It happens when the front office shows it is incompetent.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 06:50 AM
the broncos could be 3-0, but the defense and kyle orton are suck in the clutch

go_broncos
09-26-2011, 06:56 AM
25 ppg = 3-0

Fox is an idiot. Eventually, he will realize that Orton sucks.
Our team is boring to watch(especially on offense).
I just hope Fox switches to Tebow so that we can atleast know if he can be an NFL QB.

Ugly Duck
09-26-2011, 06:59 AM
25 ppg = 3-0

Ortons offense ranking in the 20s for points scored

Points per Game
#6 Oakland 30.7
#15 Sandy Eggo 21.7
#23 Denver 19.3
#32 Kansas City 9

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

jhns
09-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Lets review how this has gone down.

Orton leads us to 22nd in scoring last season. Tebow comes in and leads us to seventh in scoring, while producing higher scores against two common opponents. Fox and Elway tell us that Orton and his **** offense give us a better chance to win. Orton then leads an offense ranked in the mid 20s again... They don't even play Tebow in the red zone because they feel we are good enough that we don't even need to use all of our weapons. They are saying they don't care to see if Tebow can continue outplaying Orton. They just know Orton and his near last place offense are what is best for the team.

Incompetent. Good luck with your next job Fox...

BroncoDoom
09-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Had great seats in the north lower level North end zone. Was quite interesting to get to see things from the players perspective. Our offense was absolutely painful to watch. The only reason we "moved" the ball at all was because the Titans gift wrapped us a bunch of penalties; without them I doubt we would of crossed the 50 yard line. Our offense did not take one single shot down field the entire game.

Orton was horrible inaccurate. He missed on throw after throw he should of made. He has no pocket awareness or mobility. The tipped INT was most definitely his fault. All he had to do was slide a little to the left, but he made no effort and threw the ball into a defenders face that was obviously right there waiting for him.

The defense was great, despite giving up that last TD. I don't blame the D one bit because despite our offensive ineptitude we should of been up 2 possessions at that point.

Got my face burned by the sun and my a*s chapped by Orton. What a waste of $200

TheReverend
09-26-2011, 07:12 AM
Had great seats in the north lower level North end zone. Was quite interesting to get to see things from the players perspective. Our offense was absolutely painful to watch. The only reason we "moved" the ball at all was because the Titans gift wrapped us a bunch of penalties; without them I doubt we would of crossed the 50 yard line. Our offense did not take one single shot down field the entire game.

Orton was horrible inaccurate. He missed on throw after throw he should of made. He has no pocket awareness or mobility. The tipped INT was most definitely his fault. All he had to do was slide a little to the left, but he made no effort and threw the ball into a defenders face that was obviously right there waiting for him.

The defense was great, despite giving up that last TD. I don't blame the D one bit because despite our offensive ineptitude we should of been up 2 possessions at that point.

Interesting. Thanks for the report.

Kaylore
09-26-2011, 07:20 AM

I would say the defense hasn't been suck in the clutch. In all our games they've made key plays to give our offense a chance to, if not salt the game away, at least get a comfortable lead.

In the Raiders game we held them to back-to-back three and outs with good field position. The offense did nothing except turn the ball over in field goal range (would have tied it) and took sacks in the red zone (would have been a TD).

In the Bengals game they stopped them with 3 minutes left and the offense proceeded to take a penalty and then run out of bounds on third down. They did manage to win the game anyway.

Last game after scoring they got a strip/fumble and we got the ball with good field position that should have at least tied the game. The offense failed us once again.

The defense has managed to keep points off the board and get key stops to keep us in the game. In every case when the offense had a chance to win the game or at least tie, <s>Kyle Orton</s> the offense completely collapsed. I do think some of it is playcalling, but I honestly believe the playcalling reflects the coaching staff's confidence in Orton to make plays in the passing game.

broncswin
09-26-2011, 07:24 AM
I would say the defense hasn't been suck in the clutch. In all our games they've made key plays to give our offense a chance to, if not salt the game away, at least get a comfortable lead.

In the Raiders game we held them to back-to-back three and outs with good field position. The offense did nothing except turn the ball over in field goal range (would have tied it) and took sacks in the red zone (would have been a TD).

In the Bengals game they stopped them with 3 minutes left and the offense proceeded to take a penalty and then run out of bounds on third down. They did manage to win the game anyway.

Last game after scoring they got a strip/fumble and we got the ball with good field position that should have at least tied the game. The offense failed us once again.

The defense has managed to keep points off the board and get key stops to keep us in the game. In every case when the offense had a chance to win the game or at least tie, <s>Kyle Orton</s> the offense completely collapsed. I do think some of it is playcalling, but I honestly believe the playcalling reflects the coaching staff's confidence in Orton to make plays in the passing game.

Rep....totally agree with this. The D is much improved and fun to watch. We are missing a lot of key guys, but I see a big turn around from them

Kaylore
09-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Rep....totally agree with this. The D is much improved and fun to watch. We are missing a lot of key guys, but I see a big turn around from them

That's not to say I don't believe the defense has issues and needs to improve. It just means they stepped up when we needed them to.

Jason in LA
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
I missed the game because of work, so I was keeping track of it on my phone. I was on ESPN.com, following the play by play. The first play I read said 3rd and 7, Orton completes 5 yard pass. The next play said 4th and 2, punt.

That's pretty much what Orton gives you. Makes his completion percentage look good, and gave him some yards, so the media guys on ESPN will say that's he's one of the better QBs in the league. But the guy doesn't get it done.

Drunk Monkey
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
I am really hopeful that we will see a change at QB following the bye week. We stand a very good chance of being 1-4. Sloth pocket is going more fetal with every game. Giving him 5 games to try to win should be enough of a commitment to the locker room. I think Fox can make a change after that withour losing his players. At least I hope.

Chris
09-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the report.

Especially this part "Got my face burned by the sun and my a*s chapped by Orton".

NFLBRONCO
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM

I swear I heard this before

55CrushEm
09-26-2011, 09:31 AM

I noticed this too......seriously, did we take ONE ATTEMPT of more than 20 yards??

Orton's YPA was 4.4........that is absolutely horrendous.

We are just an inept and painfully boring offense to watch.

TonyR
09-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm all for Tebow starting but your 25 ppg argument is a bit simplistic. Denver has scored more against Cincinnati than anyone else, and the most Tennessee has given up is 16. You don't just automatically score your average from the last 3 meanigless games of last season...

Rabb
09-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I am really hopeful that we will see a change at QB following the bye week. We stand a very good chance of being 1-4. Sloth pocket is going more fetal with every game. Giving him 5 games to try to win should be enough of a commitment to the locker room. I think Fox can make a change after that withour losing his players. At least I hope.

Just you wait my friend, until they pull Orton for Quinn that is.

You think it's fun now? Ohhhhh baby!

jhns
09-26-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm all for Tebow starting but your 25 ppg argument is a bit simplistic. Denver has scored more against Cincinnati than anyone else, and the most Tennessee has given up is 16. You don't just automatically score your average from the last 3 meanigless games of last season...

Orton is staying around his average from last season... Tebow also played the Raiders, producing more than Orton over the last two years against them... Tebow did that against two of the top defenses from last year and still has yet to score under 20...

You could always try making an argument that it is common for QBs to get worse after their first few starts. I have looked and didn't find this to be the case. I would be glad to have others prove that it is common though.

Rabb
09-26-2011, 09:41 AM
I realize it is only 3 games, and I am far from an Orton hater but I just don't see a logical benefit to keep him in much longer and certainly not after the bye if we are 1-4.

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
I swear I heard this before

I think it's been going on for 10-12 years....seems like forever

maven
09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
The team could be 3-0 with Tebow, or they could be 0-3. We'll never know.

It's a stupid as saying if only this play or that play had happened differently, the Broncos would be 3-0 instead of 1-2.

Goobzilla
09-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Skip Bayless thinks we'd be 3-0 with Tebow starting on ESPN this morning. Must read the OM since he talked about Orton being a great 7 on 7 QB.

jhns
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
The team could be 3-0 with Tebow, or they could be 0-3. We'll never know.

It's a stupid as saying if only this play or that play had happened differently, the Broncos would be 3-0 instead of 1-2.

Fact: They went into this offseason saying that playing the less productive player is better for the team.

Fact: The team has failed multiple times now when the defense put them in the red zone. This happened while not using the guy that scored 100% of the time in these situations last season.

Fact: A Tebow led Broncos team has never scored under 20. Orton has yet to go three games of 20+ in his 2+ years here.

You can say whatever you want. This front office is chosing to lose games that were very winnable.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Skip Bayless thinks we'd be 3-0 with Tebow starting on ESPN this morning. Must read the OM since he talked about Orton being a great 7 on 7 QB.

Skip Bayless is kind of a d!ck. I'm starting to like him.

Tyrell Jones
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
yall aint 3-0

did you see the raiders win and day lead the divisson.

55CrushEm
09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
yall aint 3-0

"Day" lead the division?? Go away.....ebonics is not welcome here.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-26-2011, 09:59 AM
yall aint 3-0

Start the engine and suck on the whistle tip. See if it still goes woo.

Drunk Monkey
09-26-2011, 10:13 AM

I am fine with that. If he sucks the only place they can go from there is Tebow. As long as Timbo gets 4 or 5 games this year so we can decide if he sucks or not I am happy. As many others have said I just want to know if we have a QB or is we need to go suck for luck.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
That's not to say I don't believe the defense has issues and needs to improve. It just means they stepped up when we needed them to.

In our two losses the defense gave Orton the ball with a turnover inside the Red Zone. Those two TOs netted 3 points.

Drunk Monkey
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
yall aint 3-0

Damm, you got you some good speaking. Making the fade proud as usual.

Dedhed
09-26-2011, 10:19 AM

What about an entire season where you average almost an TD less per game. Does that count?

The 25 ppg argument is Occam's Razor simplistic.

Very different than the simple minded "Orton gives us the best chance to win because he's a veteran" argument.

Steve Sewell
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
"Day" lead the division?? Go away.....ebonics is not welcome here.

He's from Oakland.

DBroncos4life
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
yall aint 3-0

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100101

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8417/algsethrogen.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/algsethrogen.jpg/)

BOOM

bronco militia
09-26-2011, 10:26 AM
:woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo:

Maximus
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Talk about a meltdown Ha!

Bronx33
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
yall aint 3-0

So where ya been ya little bitch...

maher_tyler
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Points per Game
#6 Oakland 30.7
#15 Sandy Eggo 21.7
#23 Denver 19.3
#32 Kansas City 9

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

I'm sure part of that stat is the Decker PR for a TD!

maher_tyler
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM

Exactly! How many game losing INT's/fumbles does he have to make before we make the change. At what point do the players question his commitment to winning leaving a POS in at QB??