PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Moss

LetsGoBroncos
09-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Sack and a pass knock down in 2 of last 3 plays. Awesome

Aftermath
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Tbh I'm not suprised at all. I bet if we traded Ayers he would be a pro bowler.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
At least McDaniels still sucks.

Getting shut out currently and is probably last in the NFL in points.

Aftermath
09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
At least McDaniels still sucks.

Getting shut out currently and is probably last in the NFL in points.

Agreed. Thanks for some good news!

Tim
09-25-2011, 04:17 PM
jarvis still sucks

DrFate
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
just had another sack of Sanchez

MABroncoFan
09-25-2011, 04:41 PM
in on another sack

TonyR
09-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Raiders are really taking it to them.

Dagmar
09-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Raiders are good this year. You can have a game manager as QB if the rest of your team is good.

DrFate
09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Raiders are good this year.

Kind of confused me that people were so down on them going into the season...

ghwk
09-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Jarvis has only done well because the jets oline has been overpowered all game.

Ugly Duck
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Jarvis looking good....

2:00 Minute break.... 34-24 Raiders over Jets

Jets ball....

DivineBronco
09-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Jarvis now believes he has reached the peak of his playing power will probably spend the rest of the season napping

Ugly Duck
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Damn... Jarvis was on fire today. Freakin guy played like he had something to prove. Where TF did that guy come from?

ghwk
09-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Damn... Jarvis was on fire today. Freakin guy played like he had something to prove. Where TF did that guy come from?

Jets line sucked.

Popps
09-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Raiders beating quality teams with an absolute ****-can quarterback.

Interesting, huh?

Wonder what their secret is.

DivineBronco
09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
McFadden should break his face every year it has done wonders for him

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Interesting, huh?

...Good coaching?

bronco militia
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM

Interesting, huh?

Darren Mcfadden?

BroncoLover
09-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I like Raiders over the Charges this year to take afc west. They have a good Dline, RBs, WRs.. some pieces to there oline and a good QB.. they might truly be in business.

but i am sure they will figure out a way to lose all the good things they are doing, point is when.. and how

McDman
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Their secret is they have unbelievable DTs.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Their secret is they have unbelievable DTs.

Never before and never again will I hear someone call Tommy Kelly unbelievable in a positive light.

bowtown
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Never before and never again will I hear someone call Tommy Kelly unbelievable in a positive light.

His paycheck is positively unbelievable.

Br0nc0Buster
09-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Raiders have the talent

Their front seven is boss

McFadden is beasting as well

And Campbell is doing OK, not sabotaging his team like our QB

Chargers looked like crap today, perhaps this is the year Oakland challenges the division

Br0nc0Buster
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
btw good for Moss I guess

seemed like a decent guy, perhaps he can keep his hustle fly now

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Raiders have the talent

Their front seven is boss

McFadden is beasting as well

And Campbell is doing OK, not sabotaging his team like our QB

Chargers looked like crap today, perhaps this is the year Oakland challenges the division

Being dead serious, I count 2 players in their front seven that I would call "good". Two. Out of seven.

bowtown
09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Being dead serious, I count 2 players in their front seven that I would call "good". Two. Out of seven.

Jarvis Moss and who else?

UberBroncoMan
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
btw good for Moss I guess

seemed like a decent guy, perhaps he can keep his hustle fly now

He'll kill for money.

McDman
09-25-2011, 09:41 PM

They've been dominate.

Maybe the better way to put it is Seymour is unbelievable and Kelly has looked really good.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 09:49 PM
They've been dominate.

Maybe the better way to put it is Seymour is unbelievable and Kelly has looked really good.

Seymour is a HoF'er that's playing the best he's ever played right now.

McClain was a fantastic draft pick and playing like it.

The rest of the front seven are below average to slightly above average.

Their secondary is meh. Rout and Johnson the only good players.

Quite frankly: Their defense isn't good. As evidenced by the EIGHTY-TWO points they've surrendered in 3 games against the offensive Juggernaut Broncos, Jets and Bills

BroncoBuff
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
This is where I'd normally chime in for Jim Goodman (see Hillis, Peyton; Crowder, Tim and Barrett, Josh; among others), but Mike undoubtedly made the early picks.

maven
09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Made he just needed a change of scenery.

<^>(-_-)<^>
09-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Moss did so well in glimpses late last year that Pro Football Focus praised him this offseason for being an efficient pass rusher.

He has been playing well for awhile now.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 11:00 PM
This is where I'd normally chime in for Jim Goodman (see Hillis, Peyton; Crowder, Tim and Barrett, Josh; among others), but Mike undoubtedly made the early picks.

Sooooooooooooo Crowder wasn't an early pick?

BroncoBuff
09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Pick, pick, pick, Reverend ... fine then. Remove Crowder.

But don't repress realities, whatever the reason. The last 7th round pick before Goodman was Paul Ernster. First 7th rounder after Goodman was Blake Schleuter, cut before the first preseason game!

On the other hand ... Goodman's two 7th rounders are the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS STARTING SAFETY and the MADDEN 2012 COVER BOY. Add in Torain, Larson, Hixon, Kuper, well ... so there.

BroncoBuff
09-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Strange too ... of the 20 players drafted during Goodman's three years in charge, only three are out of the league: Eslinger, Jack Williams and Ryan Harris. And those drafts were 3, 4 and 5 years ago. So all of the 17 have stayed beyond the average NFL player career length.

Teams are built on the draft, wouldn't you say? Countless hundreds, thousands of man hours preparing. Interviews, sprints, shuttles, Wunderlics, the draft is paramount. And we had a guy who nailed it, damn near every pick. And now we have Brian Xanders.

MagicHef
09-26-2011, 01:15 AM
Strange too ... of the 20 players drafted during Goodman's three years in charge, only three are out of the league: Eslinger, Jack Williams and Ryan Harris. And those drafts were 3, 4 and 5 years ago. So all of the 17 have stayed beyond the average NFL player career length.

Teams are built on the draft, wouldn't you say? Countless hundreds, thousands of man hours preparing. Interviews, sprints, shuttles, Wunderlics, the draft is paramount. And we had a guy who nailed it, damn near every pick. And now we have Brian Xanders.

Where is Goodman now?

UberBroncoMan
09-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Seymour is a HoF'er that's playing the best he's ever played right now.

The rest of the front seven are below average to slightly above average.

Their secondary is meh. Rout and Johnson the only good players.

Quite frankly: Their defense isn't good. As evidenced by the EIGHTY-TWO points they've surrendered in 3 games against the offensive Juggernaut Broncos, Jets and Bills

To be fair. The Bills are the #1 offensive juggernauts atm with 37.7 points per game. Jet's are #9 at 27.7.

Definitely right about their **** ton of points though. Oakland is 28th in points allowed.

We're actually 13th :o! Now imagine if we had a real offense.

Traveler
09-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Pick, pick, pick, Reverend ... fine then. Remove Crowder.

But don't repress realities, whatever the reason. The last 7th round pick before Goodman was Paul Ernster. First 7th rounder after Goodman was Blake Schleuter, cut before the first preseason game!

On the other hand ... Goodman's two 7th rounders are the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS STARTING SAFETY and the MADDEN 2012 COVER BOY. Add in Torain, Larson, Hixon, Kuper, well ... so there.

Just curious. How many of those picks remain with the Broncos?

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 04:39 AM
Where is Goodman now?

That was the question, Mike praised him so much, why didn't he hire him ... I e-mailed Burger Bill a few months ago, he said Goodman wants to retire in Denver, and that he doesn't "play the game." He's mild-mannered or something, a sitting duck for the brash young Josh.

Goodman was associate A.D. in charge of recruiting at Florida for three years, but left when Spurrier took over (Spurrier seems a bit like Josh actually). He went straight to Clemson in the same position, and was named a Top 10 National Recruiter by a couple of papers or wire services. Talented eye for talent.

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 05:04 AM
Just curious. How many of those picks remain with the Broncos?

That's the point ... where are they now, who let them go?

Josh offed Hillis of course. Lichtensteiger too, in favor of his draft pick Seth Olsen (whose career total was three games played). Ryan Harris petered out in Philly, he's become a serious Muslim, and our old buddy Jack Williams was cut by the Lions.

Josh Barrett was lost to NE when Xanders tried to sneak him through to IR (during the twilight between Josh and John), and I think Mike lost Hixon the same way. I suppose Mike might be holding on to Torain and Lichtensteiger for ego or whatever.

Caveat Lector
09-26-2011, 05:10 AM

Errr... Have you actually seen this dude play? He's been borderline bust thus far.

So glad he didn't fall to us, McDaniels is on record saying that we were going to take him too.

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Made he just needed a change of scenery.

I said this weeks ago, and some dope here laughed me out of the room.

Drek
09-26-2011, 06:26 AM
That was the question, Mike praised him so much, why didn't he hire him ... I e-mailed Burger Bill a few months ago, he said Goodman wants to retire in Denver, and that he doesn't "play the game." He's mild-mannered or something, a sitting duck for the brash young Josh.

Yep, I'm sure McDaniels pushed someone Mike Bowlen referred to as the guy now calling personnel shots out the door one week after he starter. This of course following McDaniels' reiteration of being "excited" to work with Jim Goodman.

We've been over this Buff. The person who felt the need for a GM label to be applied to someone, three years since the last time we had one, and got Goodman pushed out is still part of this organization.

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 06:28 AM

Lamar Houston, Shaughnessy and Wimbley would start for most teams. McClain and Quentin Groves are the weak links.

BroncoBuff
09-26-2011, 07:09 AM
We've been over this Buff. The person who felt the need for a GM label to be applied to someone, three years since the last time we had one, and got Goodman pushed out is still part of this organization.

Yeah, I know, it's an old topic. The Rev tweaked me a bit on it, and as you know, Goodman is my weakness. One of them anyway.

I think I'm behind the curve on Xanders' involvement, blame/credit. I'm so accustomed to John Beake - Ted Sundquist types, not sure what to make of him. He came in as a salary cap guy. We do know he was the only one in the building when we lost Josh Barrett trying to sneak him thru to IR. So, that one is on him. Josh and Rahim would look like a pretty good tandem right now with Dawkins nearing retirement..

Rock Chalk
09-26-2011, 07:31 AM
...Good coaching?

Eh, good all around team. Maybe good coaching too. I know they have no major weaknesses defensively and can run the ball. Thats a recipe for success in the NFL.

Crow
09-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Seymour, Lamar Houston, Shaughnessy and Wimbley would start for most teams. McClain and Quentin Groves are the weak links.

Fixed.

So long as Moss isn't asked to play much run defense, he's solid. If Trevor Scott ever gets his wheels back under him, that'll be a big help.

Really need to get Houston more reps inside, though. That's where the guy is going to make a name for himself.

Kelly, so long as Seymour is around, should continue to play some pretty good ball.

Desmond Bryant ain't half bad himself.

Hogan11
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM
To be fair. The Bills are the #1 offensive juggernauts atm with 37.7 points per game....

Wait wut? I thought the Bills were supposed to be the worst team in the league! ::)

Moss is trying to rise to a level of medicority, good for him. Currently, he remians nothing but another piece of Florida trash

Drek
09-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I know, it's an old topic. The Rev tweaked me a bit on it, and as you know, Goodman is my weakness. One of them anyway.

I think I'm behind the curve on Xanders' involvement, blame/credit. I'm so accustomed to John Beake - Ted Sundquist types, not sure what to make of him. He came in as a salary cap guy. We do know he was the only one in the building when we lost Josh Barrett trying to sneak him thru to IR. So, that one is on him. Josh and Rahim would look like a pretty good tandem right now with Dawkins nearing retirement..

The loss of Barrett was in last year's camp when both Xanders and McDaniels was here. It was also a largely unavoidable. We had a ton of injuries early in camp last year to the point where we were running out of bodies to practice. Trying to slip Barrett through injury waivers is what 90% of NFL GMs would have done in that position, expecting their 7th rounder to clear with no issues as everyone else has full rosters too.

The gamble didn't pay off because Belichick is a hawk on moves like that and his top 53 was nearly set in stone even then, so he could afford to cut a camp body a month or so early to get some talent stashed on the IR.

My only real complaint with that transaction was that we refused to put Doom on IR for the longest time when it was painfully clear he wasn't going to come back. That obstinate wishful thinking cost us Barrett, but every NFL club does it. I'm sure the Colts cost themselves a player by refusing to IR Manning for the longest time. Chances are they won't see that guy starting on a playoff team in a year or two though. Just a bad break due to poor strength and conditioning.

As for the degree of credit Xanders should get, I wouldn't give very much. He didn't push the Goodmans out either. Joe Ellis is the guy who almost unilaterally hired McDaniels, he's also the only guy in the building with enough cache with Bowlen to push the Goodmans out the door and Xanders up the ladder.

He's still here. By most accounts he's still a major player in our FO. I'm willing to bet that he was the brains behind the "everything bad the last two years was McDaniels, everything good was Brian Xanders" campaign we saw start the day McDaniels was fired, and that the entire thing is an attempt by him to bolster up the one of his two hand picked guys that are still left.

Further, I'd be very willing to bet that Ellis was the guy who poisoned the well with regards to the Bowlen/Shanahan relationship.

I can't recall if its Kaylore or SoCal who has used the Grima Wormtongue comparison with Ellis, but it is unnervingly apt.

Br0nc0Buster
09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
They have a lot of talent up front, Wimbley is a good pass rusher at OLB

They have the best front seven in the division

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 10:13 AM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2011/09/26/1317015687_1034/539w.jpg

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/c1/1c19cdd6-591c-5e73-9bff-1dc2a5fef3f5/4e805b7830ffe.preview-300.jpg

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Fixed.

Seymour goes without saying, he would start for every team.

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.f867f3c3275d983f7b39415da71f45ba/f867f3c3275d983f7b39415da71f45ba-getty-126565238.jpg

Crow
09-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Only thing missing is a pic of Sanchise's pretty face after that beating.

Raider Bill
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Jarvis Moss next Gregg Townsend.

Simple Jake
09-26-2011, 08:54 PM
This won't really sting for me until he sacks Orton or Quinn...... or Tebow

Ugly Duck
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2011/09/26/1317015687_1034/539w.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww176/boatphotos/Raiders/RaiderGamesBannedBar.jpg

Ugly Duck
09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Jarvis thanks the Raiders coaches for believing in him:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sqvm2ktQcm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. Raiders broke Sanchez's nose

Ugly Duck
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Here's the deal on Jarvis Moss not sucking so much anymore. Dude only had 3.5 sacks in 3 seasons with Denver, already has 3 sacks in 8 games with Oakland. He's being mentored by Richard Seymour who told him he has to become a student of the game or he'll be out of a job. Moss sits around studying tape of the greats & also of weekly games. Gotta fire under his butt now - here's some recent tweets:

MoSSwag94 Jarvis Moss
Watchin some old strahan pass rushes tweeps! Smh sayin wow
17 minutes ago

Jarvis Moss
MoSSwag94 Jarvis Moss
There were honestly some great sacks from all around the leauge last week! Guys gettin after it

rugbythug
09-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Here's the deal on Jarvis Moss not sucking so much anymore. Dude only had 3.5 sacks in 3 seasons with Denver, already has 3 sacks in 8 games with Oakland. He's being mentored by Richard Seymour who told him he has to become a student of the game or he'll be out of a job. Moss sits around studying tape of the greats & also of weekly games. Gotta fire under his butt now - here's some recent tweets:

MoSSwag94 Jarvis Moss
Watchin some old strahan pass rushes tweeps! Smh sayin wow
17 minutes ago

Jarvis Moss
MoSSwag94 Jarvis Moss
There were honestly some great sacks from all around the leauge last week! Guys gettin after it
Hope al doesn't pay him.

maven
09-30-2011, 02:38 AM
I said this weeks ago, and some dope here laughed me out of the room.

#84 for the Broncos.

It happens, and get this... People change.

Raider Bill
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sqvm2ktQcm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. Raiders broke Sanchez's nose

Seriously he sounds like a good enough guy in that clip. Like I said a guy who couldn't live up to the pressure of being selected that high can reinvent himself in a different situation where there is no pressure (rotational guy off the bench)

Boy genuis switching to the 3-4 defense ruined him as much as anything.

Pony Boy
09-30-2011, 09:33 AM

It would be fun to have a coach that could motivate players

HorseHead
09-30-2011, 12:10 PM
one thing is for certain, homey isn't joining Mensa anytime soon....

Raider Bill
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
- by Eric Gilmore - Moss says coaches putting him in position to succeed
DE Jarvis Moss, considered a draft bust by Denver, is thriving with the Raiders. Im comfortable, Im focused and Im being coached well, Moss said. Our coaches here put us in a position to make plays. They allow me to be myself here and do some things that got me drafted high. Its just smart.

db56
09-30-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm happy for the guy, the Broncos organization has been terrible about picking guys high in the draft and then not believing in them and letting them play. DE Jarvis Moss, CB Alphonso Smith, QB Tim Tebow, just to name a few. If they dont play, they dont develop and learn.

If your looking at a player with your first round pick and your not sure he can be out the journeyman FA you picked up off the street then you might want to go in a different direction with your pick....

hambone13
09-30-2011, 07:49 PM
just had another sack of Sanchez

You gett'n tea bagged by Sanchez?