PDA

View Full Version : Tough loss, BUT...

steeledude
09-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I think this team is much better than the abominations McDaniels left us with. Our defense is much more solid even without one of our best players in, there is just something much stronger about this unit.

The offense is pretty good too, and though I am so anti-Orton I almost can't watch the games, I think the team is on the right track. If the coaches think Tebow needs another year on clipboard duty then I'm behind them one hundred percent. To throw him out there too early could ruin him, it is obvious he doesn't respond as well to pressure as everyone says--look how he handed the pressure of Orton returning. Orton shouldn't scare anyone.

Anyway, aside from Orton I think this team is really moving up. I'm not nearly so upset as I was last year, we lost twice sure--but we're rebuilding. And Fox seems to have an intelligent plan.

Go Broncos!

RhymesayersDU
09-25-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't see how the offense scoring 14 points is pretty good, but there is reason for optimism on the defensive side, I agree.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Defense looks good, offense is complete ****.

ludo21
09-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Defensively we are actually pretty good, especially with some KEY starters missing.

Offensively I would love to see Tebow at this point, I was behind Orton, but I am sick of watching 3rd downs come up a yard short and just watching his sorry average ass.

At least find out what we got with Tebow, no matter what with our schedule we are not making the playoffs

KO5K
09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not convinced to be honest.

Our offense has been diabolical and we've played three of the ****test teams in the NFL, no wonder our defense 'looks' good.

Tim
09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
that was a good showing and I agreed with fox on every call. Give credit to the titans who played a great game the broncos just came up short. It wasn't orton's fault, he managed the offense great and executed plays. I have a very good feeling about green bay next week.

Jesterhole
09-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Fox not using Tebow on the goal line is the part that hurts worse for me. They truly have no plan for him, and will probably let him go without ever giving him a shot.

steeledude
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't see how the offense scoring 14 points is pretty good, but there is reason for optimism on the defensive side, I agree.

I guess my optimism on the offensive side is Decker, another late round steal in the WRs it seems.

LetsGoBroncos
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
The thing that is so disheartening is that we really had to mess up to lose this game...and we did. We got all of the borderline calls by the refs, Tennessee committed way more penalties, we made their run game non-eixistent, and had a first and goal on the 2 to put the game away.

Sucks

Orton is 80% of the problem. The defense can't play a whole lot better than it did today considering we were missing Doom, DJ, and Champ. The punts and punt coverage were awesome. The offense sucked. Plain and simple

KO5K
that was a good showing and I agreed with fox on every call. Give credit to the titans who played a great game the broncos just came up short. It wasn't orton's fault, he managed the offense great and executed plays. I have a very good feeling about green bay next week.

For real?

maher_tyler
The offense needs a lot of work. It starts with the QB! Pretty good is a serious over statement!!

RhymesayersDU
09-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I guess my optimism on the offensive side is Decker, another late round steal in the WRs it seems.

Oh well that we can agree on, I love Decker so far. And if Demaryius could ever get on the field, that'd be great.

Aftermath
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM

What the hell are you on???
We've played 3 TERRIBLE teams and won 1 game. This team is piss poor, and you have no reason to have a good feeling about GB next week.

Archer81
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM

Didn't he go in the third?

:Broncos:

razorwire77
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
There are reasons to be optimistic. The team has played hard and been in all three games until the end. Today the defense minimized penalties and big plays (with the exception of the Titan's) last TD drive. Considering two of the three best defensive players on the team were out, they were really solid. I think the culture of the defense seems to be changing for the better. Honestly, we just don't have the horses yet to be a playoff team.
DT/MLB/RB/QB/O-line depth needs to continue to be evaluated and upgraded next year.

Tim
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
What the hell are you on???
We've played 3 TERRIBLE teams and won 1 game. This team is piss poor, and you have no reason to have a good feeling about GB next week.

I guess i'm optimistic about the team but the holes in GB's secondary and the lack of pressure on opposing QB's this season will keep the game competitive. Not to mention the players who are expected to return: Champ, Dumervil, D. Thomas will contribute.

Archer81
09-25-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess i'm optimistic about the team but the holes in GB's secondary and the lack of pressure on opposing QB's this season will keep the game competitive. Not to mention the players who are expected to return: Champ, Dumervil, D. Thomas will contribute.

The bolded would be true if we had an offense capable of matching GB score for score. With Orton to think we go into any game with an offensive advantage is a bit of a joke.

Mogulseeker
09-25-2011, 03:42 PM
The Orton vitriol is incomprehensible to me. The guy has been pretty good for us.

Archer81
09-25-2011, 03:44 PM
The Orton vitriol is incomprehensible to me. The guy has been pretty good for us.

Except for the turnovers...or the incomprehensible taking of sacks. But otherwise he is totally awesome.

razorwire77
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I must have missed the Orangemane Debbie Downer memo where the Raiders and Titans are the two worstest teams in league ever because we lost. The post Superbowl Bronco fan base is the whiniest, b****iest bunch of babies. This team is rebuilding from the McDaniels abortion, and there was a lot of reasons for optimism defensively today.

Btw, if Oakland and the Titans suck so badly, why is Oakland deadlocked 17-17 with the Jets at halftime, and why last week did the Titans push the Raven's s**t in?

Agamemnon
09-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Hilarious!

Aftermath
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM
I must have missed the Orangemane Debbie Downer memo where the Raiders and Titans are the two worstest teams in league ever because we lost. The post Superbowl Bronco fan base is the whiniest, b****iest bunch of babies. This team is rebuilding from the McDaniels abortion, and there was a lot of reasons for optimism defensively today.

Btw, if Oakland and the Titans suck so badly, why is Oakland deadlocked 17-17 with the Jets at halftime, and why last week did the Titans push the Raven's s**t in?

Tennessee, Cincinnati, Oakland, and KC are the worst teams on our schedule.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Negged.

TonyR
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
We've played 3 TERRIBLE teams...

Tennesse isn't "terrible". They beat Baltimore soundly last week. The Raiders aren't "terrible", either. They almost beat an apparently very good Buffalo team in Buffalo last week.

KO5K

Matt Hasselbeck and Jason Campbell don't scream offensive powerhouses to me. Putting up good stats against those guys isn't anything to get excited about.

Steve Prefontaine

Hi Kyle

Durango

He isn't the problem. He isn't the solution. That's the quandary.

Agamemnon
09-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Tennesse isn't "terrible". They beat Baltimore soundly last week. The Raiders aren't "terrible", either. They almost beat an apparently very good Buffalo team in Buffalo last week.

We've played two mediocre teams and one terrible one. Is that better?

go_broncos
09-25-2011, 04:08 PM

:spit:

razorwire77
09-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Tennessee, Cincinnati, Oakland, and KC are the worst teams on our schedule.

And you know this because you have invented some sort of ****ing time traveling football device?

I'm sure you predicted Buffalo would be 3-0.

Chicago's o-line is terrible, and they have no receivers. SD has looked pretty ****ing average against KC today. The Dolphins ****ing suck. The Vikings are average at best, Tom Brady threw 4 picks against Buffalo in a loss.

But why even bother watching the games, right?

Mogulseeker
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Hilarious!

Annnnnnnd, blocked. You know nothing about football. I'm done talking to you.

TonyR
09-25-2011, 04:10 PM

See post #30.

DarkHorse30
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I think this team is much better than the abominations McDaniels left us with. Our defense is much more solid even without one of our best players in, there is just something much stronger about this unit.

The offense is pretty good too, and though I am so anti-Orton I almost can't watch the games, I think the team is on the right track. If the coaches think Tebow needs another year on clipboard duty then I'm behind them one hundred percent. To throw him out there too early could ruin him, it is obvious he doesn't respond as well to pressure as everyone says--look how he handed the pressure of Orton returning. Orton shouldn't scare anyone.

Anyway, aside from Orton I think this team is really moving up. I'm not nearly so upset as I was last year, we lost twice sure--but we're rebuilding. And Fox seems to have an intelligent plan.

Go Broncos!

I agree. I think Orton is a TERRIBLE QB. When he checks down, it's like he is forgetting which one he's down to. He hesitates on nearly every throw, unless he has a planned throw on a 3-step drop......then he often throws it early. The guy has zero timing with any of his WRs.

I also agree that watching my team is difficult.....enough so that it makes it nearly unwatchable. If Elway has any brains, he will cut Orton immediately. Sign another cornerback or maybe even a RB like Portis. Anything but give ANY more snaps to a QB that nearly EVERY Bronco fan is tired of. It really didn't take that long.

blake65
09-25-2011, 04:33 PM

I think Orton's record speaks for it's self!

McDman
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM

This game is on the offensive line and McCoy. The play calling was terrible.

Mogulseeker
09-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I think Orton's record speaks for it's self!

Well, this is football. Golf might be an individual performance, but you do realize that there are 22 starters on a team, right?

Mogulseeker
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
This game is on the offensive line and McCoy. The play calling was terrible.

Beadles and Walton aren't panning out.

Agamemnon
09-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Annnnnnnd, blocked. You know nothing about football. I'm done talking to you.

Says the guy that says Orton has been good for us. Hilarious!

blake65
09-25-2011, 04:40 PM

Last years team was one of the worst teams i've ever seen!
This years team is'nt quite that bad even with orton playing.
It took tebow to save us from the first pick last year.

Wes Mantooth
09-25-2011, 04:43 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have any "terribles" left on the schedule.

randomtask
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Unfortunately, we don't have any "terribles" left on the schedule.

...Except KC, the worst team in the league...

Dogsweat
09-25-2011, 05:12 PM
RAIDERS WIN!!!

FIRST PLACE IN THE AFCW..

Drek
09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Beadles and Walton aren't panning out.

Yep, the guys who played solid, penalty free football today are the problem. Not the QB who turned it over twice and when a gift wrapped fumble put us on the doorway of the red zone for a back breaker touchdown no one wants the ball in his hands. Not the coaches who called McGahee's number repeatedly, and not Orton who never optioned out of stacked lines to make something happen.

He's not a QB, he's a jugs machine with rotten belts.

Gutless Drunk
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM

hmmm...

Gort
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
RAIDERS WIN!!!

FIRST PLACE IN THE AFCW..

congratulations. shall we assume that you will now celebrate by cornholing your cellmate against his wishes?

barryr
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
The defense is better after finally the Broncos getting serious about it, but unfortunately I just don't see many wins with Orton at QB. He does not inspire much confidence he can make the big play when needed since he rarely has shown to do it.

DarkHorse30
09-25-2011, 06:06 PM
congratulations. shall we assume that you will now celebrate by cornholing your cellmate against his wishes?

raiderfan do what a raiderfan do

Mogulseeker
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Yep, the guys who played solid, penalty free football today are the problem. Not the QB who turned it over twice and when a gift wrapped fumble put us on the doorway of the red zone for a back breaker touchdown no one wants the ball in his hands. Not the coaches who called McGahee's number repeatedly, and not Orton who never optioned out of stacked lines to make something happen.

He's not a QB, he's a jugs machine with rotten belts.

I credited Kuper in another thread. Clady and Franklin have been solid. Beadles has shown flashes. Not too impressed with Walton as an NFL center... the second INT was a tipped pass. Not much you can do about that.

Finger Roll
09-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Orton is terrible. If he was any good then why were the Dolphins the only team interested in him this offseason? The guy was so terrible for the Bears he couldn't even beat out the crappy Rex Grossman.

broncswin
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
The thing that is so disheartening is that we really had to mess up to lose this game...and we did. We got all of the borderline calls by the refs, Tennessee committed way more penalties, we made their run game non-eixistent, and had a first and goal on the 2 to put the game away.

Sucks

Orton is 80% of the problem. The defense can't play a whole lot better than it did today considering we were missing Doom, DJ, and Champ. The punts and punt coverage were awesome. The offense sucked. Plain and simple

We did not get all the breaks....don't forget about a botched snap on the punt going for twenty yards in their favor....a ball thrown straight up in the air by hasselbach, going tenn way and a tipped pass on the last drive falling into the hands of a LB, going tenn way

Finger Roll
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
I credited Kuper in another thread. Clady and Franklin have been solid. Beadles has shown flashes. Not too impressed with Walton as an NFL center... the second INT was a tipped pass. Not much you can do about that.

I agree with you on Walton. I was hoping the Broncos would draft Pouncy a couple years back.