PDA

View Full Version : 'Mane, is it really quiet around here?

Dagmar
09-23-2011, 10:09 PM
I have never seen so much inactivity on this site during a preseason let alone during game week.

Has the enthusiasm for the team waned? We have a new coach after the last one was a disaster and the front office is led by the biggest sports hero in the state's history, yet, this place just seems incredibly lifeless.

Is it the QB?

Is it being lied to by said hero? (the QB situation promoted on season tickets, the DT promises, the utter condescension in last week's tweet about "I'd have been benched after one game")

Just waiting for 2012?

Sick of Ag, Alpha and OABB's Tebow crush?

database errors occuring too often?

What is it? This place feels like a ghost town ad we play in 36 hours while sitting with a record of 1 and 1.

Well?

Oh, and annoyed by the thread?
Here's Wilfred.
http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/wilfred-beach-topless.gif

broncocalijohn
09-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Database error pissing me off when i post something long and it is gonzo. Also, it is Friday night and everyone is getting drunk at a bar, getting cock blocked or going to bed.....like I am doing now. Kids soccer early game and I am taking my Viocodin for a nice sleep without knee or shoulder pain. Have a good one and sorry no others are playing.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-23-2011, 10:32 PM
It's because you know you are stuck without a QB next year when the Chiefs get Andrew Luck.

WABronco
09-23-2011, 10:32 PM
****'s broke

Dagmar
09-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Database error pissing me off when i post something long and it is gonzo. Also, it is Friday night and everyone is getting drunk at a bar, getting cock blocked or going to bed.....like I am doing now. Kids soccer early game and I am taking my Viocodin for a nice sleep without knee or shoulder pain. Have a good one and sorry no others are playing.

Well, the whole week has been quiet, but I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering the database error.

Spanner in the works TJ?

schaaf
09-23-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm just lookin for some pussy!

maven
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
I guess I missed the fallout because there aren't as many "people" here anymore...

Archer81
09-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm tired of Orton apologists and Tebow mancrushers. I am tired of seeing faider and chief fan threads. I am tired of the same circular arguments. I am tired of being told that bad QB play is not really bad QB play by experts. Thanks. I am glad I need to be told what I am seeing now for 2 full seasons and 2 games. I am tired of hearing arguments about McDaniels. The guy is gone. Deal in the now, its much healthier. I get a little peeved at the "player X is hurt. He is a bust" bull**** that litters nearly any thread discussing our young players, or our established "big money" players.

If we were meant to have Dez Bryant or Ed REEEEEEEEEEEEED or Steven Jackson or Brian Orakpo...we would have drafted them. The maddenization of the fanbase is driving me ****ing crazy. The season is paradoxically long and way too short at the same time. 16 games is a long (or short) time to spend arguing the same beat to death limp dick argument. And spare me the "this is the mane, this is how it is..." no it isnt. This place used to be quite different.

Dont get me started on the ridiculous double standard in the "speaking of butts" thread...

:Broncos:

Doggcow
09-23-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm tired of Orton apologists and Tebow mancrushers. I am tired of seeing faider and chief fan threads. I am tired of the same circular arguments. I am tired of being told that bad QB play is not really bad QB play by experts. Thanks. I am glad I need to be told what I am seeing now for 2 full seasons and 2 games. I am tired of hearing arguments about McDaniels. The guy is gone. Deal in the now, its much healthier. I get a little peeved at the "player X is hurt. He is a bust" bull**** that litters nearly any thread discussing our young players, or our established "big money" players.

If we were meant to have Dez Bryant or Ed REEEEEEEEEEEEED or Steven Jackson or Brian Orakpo...we would have drafted them. The maddenization of the fanbase is driving me ****ing crazy. The season is paradoxically long and way too short at the same time. 16 games is a long (or short) time to spend arguing the same beat to death limp dick argument. And spare me the "this is the mane, this is how it is..." no it isnt. This place used to be quite different.

Dont get me started on the ridiculous double standard in the "speaking of butts" thread...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1414679-end_thread_super.jpg

McDman
09-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Pretty much how I feel.

maven
09-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Pretty much how I feel.

What's wrong with the speaking of butts thread?

Blueflame
09-23-2011, 11:45 PM

The polarization ("Tebow thing") has resulted in personal attacks to the point that posting anything at all might as well equal the online equivalent of taping a "Kick Me" sign on one's own posterior.

We have people coming in here dissing John Elway... some of whom appear to have absolutely no idea what he has meant to this franchise. Many of the same posters have little to no knowledge of Broncos history (wouldn't have the slightest clue who Floyd Little was...or why he's in the HOF) and care nothing about the Broncos; only the Gators and/or Tim Tebow.

The issue as I see it is a lack of basic common courtesy and/or respect for opinions that may not be a carbon copy of one's own. Intolerance, hostility and insults aren't generally the optimal means of winning others over to one's own ideas, perspectives and opinions.

Miss I.
09-23-2011, 11:45 PM

that about sums it up. good post my brother.

houghtam
09-24-2011, 12:10 AM

Pretty much the best summary of the past two years on this site. Especially the bolded statement. Back in the day with Tecmo Bowl you could run for 850 yards in one game as Bobby Humphrey (see the Madden thread if you don't know what I'm talking about), but you consciously KNEW that's not possible. Nowadays people play Madden and go 16-0 and trade 2 seventh round picks and a backup lineman for the first overall pick and all the sudden they're real life draft gurus.

When you criticize the US, people say "if you don't like it, GTFO". Well, this is a pretty good example on a much smaller scale of what happens when people actually follow through with it. Lower traffic from quality posters, and all the crazies coming out on the polar opposite ends of the spectrum.

Those of you that know me from CyberHigh know that that's a big reason that site died. A lot of other reasons added to it, but when the inmates are allowed to run the asylum, things can turn ugly real quick.

Punisher
09-24-2011, 02:19 AM
The team sucks i guess sucking for like 5 years will draw fans away from the site and the stadium.

KO5K
09-24-2011, 02:39 AM
1. I would say I've definitely lost some of my enthusiasm for the team largely because this is the first year in a long time that I've known we aren't fighting for the playoffs from week 1.

2. Everything turns into an argument about the QBs and it's always the same argument.

cutthemdown
09-24-2011, 03:18 AM
1. I would say I've definitely lost some of my enthusiasm for the team largely because this is the first year in a long time that I've known we aren't fighting for the playoffs from week 1.

2. Everything turns into an argument about the QBs and it's always the same argument.

I sort of knew last yr more then this yr we weren't going anywhere. Doom gone etc etc. But your second though not hit the nail on the head, it drove the nail straight through the board all the way to muthfauking china

cutthemdown
09-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Still though when Broncos start to play I am transfixed watching, it's just that talking football is few and far between on here now. I can remember about 10 thousand posts ago having page after page on defensive line techniques, route trees, great players of the past and how their techniques match or are different then some other player blah blah.

Now it is mostly people feeling the yr is unwatchable and nothing else worth talking about until Orton is gone. ORTON ORTON ORTON when really other players on the team play far worst then him.

I am excited to watch Tebow run around at some point, but calling for it every week, being obsessed with Tebow is getting to be a drag. I almost wish we could trade him.

vancejohnson82
09-24-2011, 03:39 AM

wow....didnt know we were already eliminated from the playoffs

that sucks

ColoradoDarin
09-24-2011, 05:26 AM
In addition to all of the above, a small part of the blame is that what TJ wants this place to be - a free for all.

rbackfactory80
09-24-2011, 06:06 AM

Sounds to me like you don like football. This bs has been going on and will be going on forever.

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 06:06 AM

^5

DrFate
09-24-2011, 06:11 AM
I think most of the above posts are accurate, but I believe it boils down to lack of fan excitement in THIS team and THIS front office. Do you feel the front office has the team moving in the right direction? Are these guys a bunch you can root for? My answer is - no.

There was an ESPN bit this morning about the 'no-name Bills' - that's a bunch of guys you can root for. How many people can get excited about 'I don't care what the fans think' Orton or glass-jaw Moreno? This crew gets on the field and you just wait for them to give the game away like (assuming they don't get blown out from the start). I think players like Miller can turn this franchise back into one that excites people, but it will take time.

You can lay the blame at any number of people's feet.

Ray Finkle
09-24-2011, 06:18 AM
I think Sir-81 nailed it. There was always fights but it now there are 2 sides pro-this player or group and you rarely get good discussions going without someone hijacking the thread...

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 06:22 AM
I think most of the above posts are accurate, but I believe it boils down to lack of fan excitement in THIS team and THIS front office. Do you feel the front office has the team moving in the right direction? Are these guys a bunch you can root for? My answer is - no.

There was an ESPN bit this morning about the 'no-name Bills' - that's a bunch of guys you can root for. How many people can get excited about 'I don't care what the fans think' Orton or glass-jaw Moreno? This crew gets on the field and you just wait for them to give the game away like (assuming they don't get blown out from the start). I think players like Miller can turn this franchise back into one that excites people, but it will take time.

It's amazing that it's a new regime, 2 games in and everyone's Broncos hero is part of it. I don't think it's the Orton vs Tebow thing (even thought that sparks the most debate), I think it's a combination of all of the lies they told us since Elway and Fox took over.

Lets all draw a stickman. http://www.drawastickman.com/index.htm?o=65-119-111-111-103-97s76-111-108-46

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 06:23 AM
I think Sir-81 nailed it. There was always fights but it now there are 2 sides pro-this player or group and you rarely get good discussions going without someone hijacking the thread...

Would this apathy exist had one change been made at the QB position? I find it hard to believe that one change would have made such a gigantic difference.

gunns
09-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Blue and Sir, two excellent posts and nails it.

Having been a fan for numerous years this downfall I see as a good thing for the Broncos and fans. Before the SB wins, games were fun to watch, expectations were high but realistic. It was always "well, we'll do it next season" which in the end made those SB's so so special. After the SB's our expectations have been to win it every year and thankfully that is starting to fade, because it's unrealistic. EVERY team goes through this, it's our turn unfortunately. I'm enjoying games more because I don't expect us to win...or lose, I don't know what will happen. It's football. But besides some of the unrealistic expectations for Tebow, Blue nailed this one as my biggest head scratcher, especially considering he's only been here as VP for 9 months, and myself, thank you for that draft, best one in years:

We have people coming in here dissing John Elway... some of whom appear to have absolutely no idea what he has meant to this franchise. Many of the same posters have little to no knowledge of Broncos history (wouldn't have the slightest clue who Floyd Little was...or why he's in the HOF) and care nothing about the Broncos; only the Gators and/or Tim Tebow.

Maybe this will weed out those that are on here for a player or a win, not the team. Hopefully it happens soon.

strafen
09-24-2011, 06:36 AM
I just think Orton sucks. /end thread Ha!

DrFate
09-24-2011, 06:40 AM
It's amazing that it's a new regime, 2 games in and everyone's Broncos hero is part of it. I don't think it's the Orton vs Tebow thing (even thought that sparks the most debate), I think it's a combination of all of the lies they told us since Elway and Fox took over.

For me personally, this is true. There doesn't seem to be a clear direction from anyone at the top. Too many mixed messages, and too many times when w see poor play and are told 'no no, that's actually good play'.

I'm not stupid.

TailgateNut
09-24-2011, 06:49 AM
From Mcd's mistake filled tenure, to the Tebow selection and the ensuing Tebonite fanclub, and the likes of Jhizz, BF7 and that ilk, it's gotten tiresome.

The online Tailgate party which never ends is ending as is/are the reaal life tailgate parties.

Fine by me. I've seen the decline of those who are diehard Bronco fans since 2001......

TailgateNut
09-24-2011, 06:50 AM
From Mcd's mistake filled tenure, to the Tebow selection and the ensuing Tebonite fanclub, and the likes of Jhizz, BF7 and that ilk, it's gotten tiresome.

The online Tailgate party which never ends is ending as is/are the reaal life tailgate parties.

Fine by me. I've seen the decline of those who are diehard Bronco fans since 2001......

and the database error I have gotten twice while posting this

DrFate
09-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Would this apathy exist had one change been made at the QB position? I find it hard to believe that one change would have made such a gigantic difference.

I think it would demonstrate a desire by the current front office to MOVE FORWARD. The people who want to see Tebow play are erroneously branded as 'Tebow fans' or 'Gator fans', which is simply silly. I think the vast majority are NOT Tebow fans. Like me, they simply hate stagnation. Fans want to know the people in charge know what they are doing, they have a plan, and they are building the franchise back towards being a winner.

I'd rather lose every game this season and feel like the team had a clear direction for the next 10 years (one that included being a regular playoff participant) than spin the wheels another year, struggle to win 6 games, and feel as lifeless next year as we do now.

This front office needs separate 3/5/10 year plans. What is that plan?

gunns
09-24-2011, 06:51 AM
For me personally, this is true. There doesn't seem to be a clear direction from anyone at the top. Too many mixed messages, and too many times when w see poor play and are told 'no no, that's actually good play'.

I'm not stupid.

Please. We went through this with Shanahan, McD, now. What you interpret is your own problem when it doesn't pan out the way YOU saw it or heard it. My problem with this whole thing is we don't need to know anything except the end product. Back in the day we didn't know or were told anything and we just anticipated football.

DrFate
09-24-2011, 06:58 AM
What you interpret is your own problem when it doesn't pan out the way YOU saw it or heard it. My problem with this whole thing is we don't need to know anything except the end product. Back in the day we didn't know or were told anything and we just anticipated football.

I'm not stupid and I'm not a child. I'm not a football coach, but I'm not stupid either. I've been following this team for over 25 years. 'Back in the day' I could see good play and I could see bad play. I don't remember Dan Reeves telling us something that was different than what we could see with our own eyes.

Don't tell me that ****ty QB play is actually good QB play. When that happens, either they don't know the difference or they are intentionally lying to me. Neither inspires me with confidence.

The ultimate fix for this problem is winning. But when the team is NOT winning, the fanbase needs to have a feeling that the people in charge aren't stumbling around in the dark. I think a large portion of the fanbase feel the front office lacks direction - and that means no real hope for winning (now or in the future). The OP is 100% right that the fanbase is discouraged. If the team isn't winning, the fans want to feel that the team is AT LEAST moving in the right direction. Without one or the other, there isn't any hope.

McDman
09-24-2011, 07:16 AM

How can you not believe in this front office? They've been here less than a year, same with the coaching staff.

I really think one of people's biggest problems around here is we didn't get any big names in FA, hence the maddenization of this fan base. I'm not sure about what anyone else thinks but I think we had a killer draft. A couple more of those and we are going to be a great young team.

Teams are not built through FA. Our FA knows this and they know we are not going to win anytime in the next two years, so why go out to FA and get average band aids for problems we can address at different times?

I have complete faith in the FO as of right now and it won't wane unless we have about three terrible seasons.

Plus, it's only been two ****ing games!

Hogan11
09-24-2011, 07:16 AM
Pretty much the best summary of the past two years on this site. Especially the bolded statement. Back in the day with Tecmo Bowl you could run for 850 yards in one game as Bobby Humphrey (see the Madden thread if you don't know what I'm talking about), but you consciously KNEW that's not possible. Nowadays people play Madden and go 16-0 and trade 2 seventh round picks and a backup lineman for the first overall pick and all the sudden they're real life draft gurus.

When you criticize the US, people say "if you don't like it, GTFO". Well, this is a pretty good example on a much smaller scale of what happens when people actually follow through with it. Lower traffic from quality posters, and all the crazies coming out on the polar opposite ends of the spectrum.

Those of you that know me from CyberHigh know that that's a big reason that site died. A lot of other reasons added to it, but when the inmates are allowed to run the asylum, things can turn ugly real quick.

This nails it completely.

What I find interesting is that when I was in Lot C and the subject of the Mane came up, almost everyone said they had either moved on, were moving on or were in an occasional lurker mode and almost all of them blamed it upon the last two years.

Hmmmm

DrFate
09-24-2011, 07:24 AM
How can you not believe in this front office?

Mixed messages about the most important position on the field, mainly.

I'm not sure about what anyone else thinks but I think we had a killer draft.

I think the 2011 draft was a good one as well.

gunns
09-24-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm not stupid and I'm not a child. I'm not a football coach, but I'm not stupid either. I've been following this team for over 25 years. 'Back in the day' I could see good play and I could see bad play. I don't remember Dan Reeves telling us something that was different than what we could see with our own eyes.

Don't tell me that ****ty QB play is actually good QB play. When that happens, either they don't know the difference or they are intentionally lying to me. Neither inspires me with confidence.

The ultimate fix for this problem is winning. But when the team is NOT winning, the fanbase needs to have a feeling that the people in charge aren't stumbling around in the dark. I think a large portion of the fanbase feel the front office lacks direction - and that means no real hope for winning (now or in the future). The OP is 100% right that the fanbase is discouraged. If the team isn't winning, the fans want to feel that the team is AT LEAST moving in the right direction. Without one or the other, there isn't any hope.

Well dude, you post like a self entitled child.

Back in the day and you've only been a fan for 25 years. I'm talking about the 70's when the Broncos were truly horrible. But they were still fun to watch because you'd see positives and love it. Then they brought in an Orton type QB which I was not happy with and still think he basically stunk. But remember the Orange Crush? Of course you don't. We had the rest of the team and we finally made it to the SB. In it all there was one consistent, I loved the Broncos and if they thought that Orton type was enough, then let's see what happens.

Did you really expect a turn around in this team in one year? If you are searching for winning team go to the Patriots but beware, they will have their turn again at being a losing team. You support a team whether losing or winning. You can be frustrated at what they do, but the blame card is getting really really old. You can't change the past and if you look really closely you'll see that the current management has made some very positive changes. If you can't hang because your busy throwing a tantrum because they aren't playing a player YOU think should be played then don't let the door hit you in the butt. I think I trust Elway over you in regards to QB play. But damn dude, enough with the whining and crying.

Que
09-24-2011, 07:31 AM
Yep. Pretty much says it all. And the DB error sucks

DrFate
09-24-2011, 08:25 AM
I think you have your answer, Dagmar. It's posters like gunns who want to b**** about any fan that thinks for himself and posts an opinion on an internet board rather than simply following like a mindless drone. That's why the Mane has fallen so far.

Rock Chalk
09-24-2011, 08:28 AM
The polarization ("Tebow thing") has resulted in personal attacks to the point that posting anything at all might as well equal the online equivalent of taping a "Kick Me" sign on one's own posterior.

The issue as I see it is a lack of basic common courtesy and/or respect for opinions that may not be a carbon copy of one's own. Intolerance, hostility and insults aren't generally the optimal means of winning others over to one's own ideas, perspectives and opinions.

Its a poorly run site. Simple. You want common courtesy and/or respect for opinions? Lay down the law. Put a sticky that state the ground rules and accept a zero tolerance policy on it. That's what well run boards do. This is not a well run board.

Ray Finkle
09-24-2011, 08:32 AM

This goes back to drafting Cutler, firing Shanahan, firing Coyer, not firing Slow-wit, and for TJ, not signing Flozell Adams and keeping Griese.....

Pendejo
09-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Its a poorly run site. Simple. You want common courtesy and/or respect for opinions? Lay down the law. Put a sticky that state the ground rules and accept a zero tolerance policy on it. That's what well run boards do. This is not a well run board.

Hah! With your backwards thinking and potty mouth...you wouldn't last two shakes.

Tombstone RJ
09-24-2011, 08:42 AM
you kidding me, this site is on fire! where's the liquor?

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
How can you not believe in this front office? They've been here less than a year, same with the coaching staff.

Plus, it's only been two ****ing games!

I don't think people don't believe, it's from all the talk about addressing the biggest need, DT that never transpired and then the use of Tebow to promote season ticket sales then a 3 day turn around in camp of going back to Orton, someone who this fanbase has grown weary of. Not because it's not Tebow, but because it's still Orton. It's not a lack of belief but it is tempered by skepticism at the moment. Elway's tweet still chaps my ass!

(I'm in the strange middle ground of fans, I'm obsessed, go to as many games as I can afford, but only became a fan in 2004, my first game I saw was Manning tearing our secondary a new one in the playoffs. I don't think my short tenure makes me less of a fan though. Blame being born in the wrong country ;) )

jhns
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
You are all trolls and it is your fault this board is the way it is. I see so many complaining and so few creating quality threads/posts.

Meck77
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
The mane is what you make it. See YOUR OWN POSTS!!!

For every action (post) there is an opposite and equal reaction.

go_broncos
09-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Personally, I lost interest when Fox announced Orton as the starting QB.
I keep asking myself "what is the advantage of having orton?".
He will be gone next year. Just Start Tebow and see if he is a good QB.
If not, draft a QB next year.There is nothing complicated in this.

Sometimes, I wish that lockout is there.
I just hope next year is fun and we get players(especially QB) that plays well during pressure situations.
Till that time, I just watch hoping that we win.

goldengopher1976
09-24-2011, 08:50 AM
The DB error has been particularly frustrating for me, I've given up on several threads that I tried to start.

Beyond that, there really are so few threads anymore that don't just descend into ad hominem attacks or recycled material.

Someone asked if changing one player (QB) would make a difference. I think it would. I would be much more excited at the prospect of seeing how Tebow would fare over the course of a season. If he tanked and showed no upside, it would help me feel prepared to draft a QB in the 1st next year. If he improved week-to-week and showed promise, I would be willing to wait while he gained experience. Orton feels like a stop-gap on a rebuilding team, which would be fine if we didn't have an unproven 1st round commodity waiting in the wings...

Archer81
09-24-2011, 08:57 AM
You are all trolls and it is your fault this board is the way it is. I see so many complaining and so few creating quality threads/posts.

http://tinyurl.com/3owsxem

Ambiguous
09-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Completely sick of the tebow/orton threads.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Ooooh... NOW I get it. He used "'Mane" instead of "man"... Get it? Get it?! Very clever...

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Ooooh... NOW I get it. He used "'Mane" instead of "man"... Get it? Get it?! Very clever...

I'm super hilarious(ly lame I know!)

TheReverend
09-24-2011, 09:18 AM
I think the line for our game this week speaks volumes about where we are:

We're 7 pt dogs to Tennessee...

DBroncos4life
09-24-2011, 09:19 AM
How is Tebow vs Orton any different from Plummer vs Cutler? QB debates have been going on since Brian Griese people this is nothing new for this board. This coaching staff lies well so did the last one!!!! Again nothing new.

Pretty much I'm with Rock on this there are no rules. People are sick of every thread getting jacked.

Jetmeck
09-24-2011, 09:21 AM
It boils down to Orton and Moreno to me. They both have had plenty of time to prove their worth and it hasn't happened. Moreno I had hope for coming out of college. Orton was a known factor and nobody except McDumbass would have traded for him. The only thing Orton has changed is his zip code and to think we are paying him 5-6 million this year for his below average ass is gawd damn ridiculous.

We need to find out if Tebow can GROW as a QB and only playing will tell you that. If you want some excitement on here and at the game it is sitting on the bench and wearing # 15. He raises the enthusiam of the players around him and the fans. Just give the guy a chance. We seriously have nothing to lose !!!!

spdirty
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Hope everyone here reads paragraph 2 of post 12. That man, while I may not agree with everything he has said or done the past 9 months, has earned my trust and faith to get this thing turned around. Thank you flame, for articulating what's been on my mind evr since reading the posters that think hiring Elway was a mistake.

However, our previous monkey with a gun coach is the number 1 reason why this franchise and board is where it is. We should not be in rebuilding mode right now and I for one am still angry about it. And people are frustrated by it.

There is 1 thing that really drives me crazy about this team. On the one hand, Orton is starter because, according to the talking heads, "we are trying to make the playoffs and he gives us the best chance to win.". Then why are you starting a rookie right tackle who is clearly not ready, because he needs a lot of work in pass protection, and why would you not sign a serviceable vet who can get the job done while Franklin sits and learns for a year or 2? Why would you not pick up merriweather off of waivers? Well, I know why, it's because we are in a rebuild. Had this franchise really believed what they say (playoffs is possible), they would have ponied up the dough to really truly improve this team last August. But no, it's a rebuild, and it's going to take awhile to get the core players through the draft that will take this team where everyone wants them to go. I can accept that, as long as you start the quarterback and at least get the question answered whether he will be the guy. And the reality of the situation, no matter who on this roster plays quarterback, is we have a less than 2% chance of making the playoffs this year. A lame duck qb that 95% of the fanbase despises, whether they love or loathe Tebow.

So it's just frustrating because their actions have been, well, confusing to say the least.

My hope is, and I know it's unpopular here, that in 9 months the QBOTF issue is resolved. The next 3 1/2 months are gonna suck for Bronco fans no matter how we slice it. Since that is the case, I would prefer going through 3 1/2 months of absolute crap, if that means we can get 12-15 years of QB happiness.

theAPAOps5
09-24-2011, 09:27 AM
There are decent threads going on, you just have to filter the crap out. It gets tiresome seeing the same old fights day in and day out but just don't participate in them. Subscribe to really insightful and fun threads and then visit the mane through your User Control Panel. Then it shows you the updated threads that you are subscribed to.

Problem solved.

Punisher
09-24-2011, 09:29 AM
There are decent threads going on, you just have to filter the crap out. It gets tiresome seeing the same old fights day in and day out but just don't participate in them. Subscribe to really insightful and fun threads and then visit the mane through your User Control Panel. Then it shows you the updated threads that you are subscribed to.

Problem solved.

Shut up right now!

theAPAOps5
09-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Ok!

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I think the line for our game this week speaks volumes about where we are:

We're 7 pt dogs to Tennessee...

Well, we're the away team, 7 pts isn't much.

TheReverend
09-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Well, we're the away team, 7 pts isn't much.

4 points on neutral ground. Far from "not much" when we're playing a team that finished with a whopping 2 more wins and a 6-10 record.

GoBroncos DownUnder
09-24-2011, 09:55 AM

Yep, yeah and yes.
So, any SUGGESTIONS on place where a football fan can go and read some decent, "worth my time", comments from real fans? They don't even have to be all Bronco fans!

DBroncos4life
09-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I think a Tebow sub forum would weed out some posters on the mane board :thumbsup:

gunns
09-24-2011, 10:09 AM
I think you have your answer, Dagmar. It's posters like gunns who want to b**** about any fan that thinks for himself and posts an opinion on an internet board rather than simply following like a mindless drone. That's why the Mane has fallen so far.

Why am I not surprised you don't get it? I don't have a problem in the world with other people's opinions. There are actually some who it's very nice to have an opposing conversation with. You on the other hand have a one track mind and cannot let it go or be patient. It's the countless posts over and over and over and over again about the same damn thing....and guess what dude, nothing has changed. Not to mention you blaming and knocking people for THEIR opinions. See above. Get over it. Me, I'd love Tebow to start, I can't stand Orton (see my reference to a certain Orton type in the 70's). I've been wrong before and I'm sure I'll be wrong again. Something you might want to realize about yourself. Should I put the Broncos suck so you can see that I see what's on the field? Get over yourself and dude this aint b****in. If I'm b****in you'll know it.

RhymesayersDU
09-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Get over yourself and dude this aint b****in. If I'm b****in you'll know it.

http://www.overclock.net/attachments/software-news/117607d1248648910-cnet-palm-re-enables-itunes-syncing-oh_snap.gif

gunns
09-24-2011, 10:16 AM
It boils down to Orton and Moreno to me. They both have had plenty of time to prove their worth and it hasn't happened. Moreno I had hope for coming out of college. Orton was a known factor and nobody except McDumbass would have traded for him. The only thing Orton has changed is his zip code and to think we are paying him 5-6 million this year for his below average ass is gawd damn ridiculous.

We need to find out if Tebow can GROW as a QB and only playing will tell you that. If you want some excitement on here and at the game it is sitting on the bench and wearing # 15. He raises the enthusiam of the players around him and the fans. Just give the guy a chance. We seriously have nothing to lose !!!!

I'm hoping Moreno is gone by next year. Hell, I even wanted Moreno and Tebow packaged before the season started to get some picks or a DT. But Tebow is here, let's just see what we've got. We might be surprised, but personally I don't think so. I really look forward to next year when we don't have a lockout to mess up the off season and can fill in the "empty" spots

Rohirrim
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
In the words of Bubba Clinton, "It's the economy, stupid."

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Gunns, do you need a hug?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrxyn69qOH1qcs29b.gif

Bronx33
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
This boards needs some russian 80s rock

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GNpy6PQJpXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NFLBRONCO
09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
1. Our O is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Decker is the only thing exciting about this group.

2. We have so few good great players when the miss games the excitement is gone

3. QB is a mess (don't believe in either guy honestly-Teboners love for him is Bieberish overblown) Yes I would have played him this year to see but, QB is my #1 target in 12 esp with a top 5 pick.

4. Knowing your picking in top 5 or 10 its hard to have same zest for the year

brncs_fan
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
In the words of Bubba Clinton, "It's the economy, stupid."

I thought that was Bush 1

Dedhed
09-24-2011, 10:56 AM
I just think Orton sucks. /end thread Ha!

Sadly, I think it is this simple. There is zero sense of excitement or interest in the upside potential of this team. The new regime has made it clear that they are more interested in trying to win 6 games than they are with rolling the dice on upside and at the very least going down with guns blazing.

The franchise has settled for mediocre ennui as the best we can hope for.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 11:01 AM
4 points on neutral ground. Far from "not much" when we're playing a team that finished with a whopping 2 more wins and a 6-10 record.

But Hasselbeck is playing much better than anything they had taking the field for them last year. He's playing like he hasn't played in quite some time. If CJ ever gets back into stride, Tenn could be a heck of an offense.

maven
09-24-2011, 11:02 AM
EFX has settle for mediocre play at the QB position, and as a fan I will not. You have hope sitting there on the bench, and choose not to play him. While other teams are starting rookie QB's(one almost beat Denver last Sunday), we trot out the SOS.

Elway put himself in a position to be criticized. He's fair game now.

gunns
09-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Gunns, do you need a hug?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrxyn69qOH1qcs29b.gif

:moody:

Durango
09-24-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm hoping Moreno is gone by next year. Hell, I even wanted Moreno and Tebow packaged before the season started to get some picks or a DT. But Tebow is here, let's just see what we've got. We might be surprised, but personally I don't think so. I really look forward to next year when we don't have a lockout to mess up the off season and can fill in the "empty" spots

Me too. I just wanted this Tebow drama to end, one way or another..and Moreno is Sammy Winder without the durability. The arguments for and against either of those two guys is as much a waste of time and they were wastes of draft resources.

gunns
09-24-2011, 11:22 AM
EFX has settle for mediocre play at the QB position, and as a fan I will not. You have hope sitting there on the bench, and choose not to play him. While other teams are starting rookie QB's(one almost beat Denver last Sunday), we trot out the SOS.

Elway put himself in a position to be criticized. He's fair game now.

As a fan you won't? Whatcha gonna do about it? Let me guess, keep posting the same crap about EFX. Well that should do it! :thumbsup:

Maximus
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
I think a Tebow sub forum would weed out some posters on the mane board :thumbsup:

That's a novel idea, but it won't work with all the thread-jacking that happens around here. As soon as a person starts talking real football... some goofball with a unhealthy man crush comes in and spins insightful threads into a heap of BS. There is nothing new about the discussion... Hell the SOB threads were more rugged than this stuff. The difference is football knowledge. what's new in this round of QB talk is the level of disrespect for your fellow fans!

A sub forum would probably push the stupidity to new heights. What needs to happen is a solid house cleaning. Yup, start banning people who don't hold the standard. Yeah TJ set aside some time get your mods together and kick some ass! Start locking threads etc. There is nothing worse than having a party at your house and having a couple of ignorant people get drunk!

If you don't have rules or enforce them people will run wild

The way it is now you might as well change the name of the site to GatorMane... Where getting a T-Boner is an Art Form!

Play2win
09-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Why not just put a filter to Tebow... so when you type "Tebow", it posts "*****"... ;D

broncocalijohn
09-24-2011, 11:49 AM
In addition to all of the above, a small part of the blame is the what TJ wants this place to be - a free for all.

I completely agree. When you allow someone to take over and be a complete douche over and over and no repremend, it might turn people off and bail. I get messages that state this or are ready to bail out. I just wish those that say they will leave like Punisher, actually do. Unfortunately, some of those who leave are really good contributers to the site. Make rules all the same for everyone, not just a selected few.
But, I have been here for years and it is like family even if there are some negatives to the site. I guarantee if we had more hope for the season, we would be a much more happier family. Right now, our personal opinions are thought of like we actually make the decisions for the team. I like the fact we all have different opinions but some go way over board defending their own or putting down others because it is not of the same.

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 11:51 AM
A sub forum would probably push the stupidity to new heights. What needs to happen is a solid house cleaning. Yup, start banning people who don't hold the standard. Yeah TJ set aside some time get your mods together and kick some ass! Start locking threads etc. There is nothing worse than having a party at your house and having a couple of ignorant people get drunk!

I'm sorry, just to confirm, if you have a party you get annoyed if people get drunk? What kind of ****ty ass parties are you throwing??

TheReverend
09-24-2011, 11:54 AM
But Hasselbeck is playing much better than anything they had taking the field for them last year. He's playing like he hasn't played in quite some time. If CJ ever gets back into stride, Tenn could be a heck of an offense.

I spent all off-season hearing Orton was better than someone like him, RE: Why we'd definitely still trade Orton.

Still waiting on the trade and the performance...

TheReverend
09-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Lot of whiny crying in this thread.

Stability and hope left with Shanahan whether some people want to admit it or not. When we get the franchise player and coach we can believe in, that stops.

Until then, deal with it.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Why not just put a filter to Tebow... so when you type "Tebow", it posts "*****"... ;D

I would love a filter that turns Tebow into "our backup QB" or something.

SoCalBronco
09-24-2011, 12:20 PM

Stability and hope left with Shanahan whether some people want to admit it or not. When we get the franchise player and coach we can believe in, that stops.

Agreed.

broncocalijohn
09-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Agreed.

Gee, didnt see that one coming from you. Only thing that shines great for Shanny right now is the fact that McDaniels made it worse. There is absolutley no guarantee he would have us at where we want to be. He would have us better only because McD ruined the franchise. We would also probably be on our 8th D.C. in 8 years.

NFLBRONCO
09-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Agree

Though its was time for Shanny and now its time for Bowlen to sell. This FO needs a legit franchise QB more then ever.

theAPAOps5
09-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I am curious, people talk about how bad the place is run and mismanaged but have they volunteered to be a mod? Or has anyone here upset volunteered. Be a parrot the solution. For a community this large there is only a small number of Mods.

Just a thought, carry on with said bitch fest.

Blueflame
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM

There's nothing wrong with the site that I can see (except for the database errors in recent days)... the Mane is what it's always been. I don't think we need to start going around policing what opinions can be expressed here and which ones can't.

It's a tough time to be a Broncos fan. The team was left in total disarray and I think some of us underestimated just how much damage was done and how long it will take to rebuild. I fully believe "EFX" is trying to do this and has the team headed back in the right direction. But Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is an NFL team. The problem is.... in the Not-For-Long-if-you-don't-win league, people expect instant gratification whether that's a reasonable, attainable expectation or not.

So to recap: this new coaching staff/FO were left with a team that was in need of a full ground-up restoration... and oh, a QB controversy as an added bonus. They're doing the best they can with the mess McDaniels left and need a bit of patience. It's only Week 3... and this could very well be yet another losing season. But this team is getting better.

Taco John
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
That's a novel idea, but it won't work with all the thread-jacking that happens around here. As soon as a person starts talking real football... some goofball with a unhealthy man crush comes in and spins insightful threads into a heap of BS. There is nothing new about the discussion... Hell the SOB threads were more rugged than this stuff. The difference is football knowledge. what's new in this round of QB talk is the level of disrespect for your fellow fans!

If you don't have rules or enforce them people will run wild

The way it is now you might as well change the name of the site to GatorMane... Where getting a T-Boner is an Art Form!

I completely disagree with this approach. It works ok for sites like FinHeaven, but it turns the site into a circlejerk. I prefer a more organic site where the forum is more open and the standards revolve around decency and respect for the forum. Yeah, sure, we get pretty lax sometimes and are forced to reel things in. Yeah sure, there are a few things that need to be fixed. But the largest problems on this forum are the same ones experienced by every Broncos forum - I keep my eye on this sort of thing and the tone is the same everywhere. There is a palpable feeling of hopelessness across all of the forums. Creating a Tebow subforum wouldn't help that. Frankly, It would only make things worse and MUCH harder to moderate. I don't believe in splitting the community in such a way. I've seen it on other forums, and I've never liked the results. It turns into a mess where it becomes a definite "mods vs. users" fight. That's not what I want for this forum. I'd rather it be a fight over what's happening on the field than a fight about what's happening on the forum.

I believe winning will cure what happens on the forums... Actually, let me qualify that a bit more: I believe fan confidence in the Broncos will cure what happens on the forums. Winning is part of that, but belief in the Broncos direction as a team is the number one solution. There have always been disagreements on these forums, but by and large the fanbase has always believed in the direction the team was moving in. Right now, there is a lot of doubt and uncertainty about the team's direction. Once that gets fixed, a lot of the discord will vanish as if someone waved a magic wand.

Taco John
09-24-2011, 12:49 PM

LOL! Are you kidding? If I ran that kind of site, you would have been banned 10 years ago.

I'm not interested in running a "zero tolerance" forum. I've always encouraged people looking for a zero tolerance forum to shop around. They're out there for people who prefer that kind of environment. I want to run a site with diversity and bit of an edge. Not too sharp, but sharp enough to be interesting.

Go shop around. But when you get banned from the zero tolerance forum, you'll still have a home here, man.

Dagmar
09-24-2011, 12:50 PM
I would like to say this thread wasn't created to criticize the Mane, we're all here cause we love the place. (any ideas about the database errors this week though TJ?)

I was genuinely surprised by the lack of activity during a game week and was wondering why.

Taco John
09-24-2011, 12:56 PM
I would like to say this thread wasn't created to criticize the Mane, we're all here cause we love the place. (any ideas about the database errors this week though TJ?)

I was genuinely surprised by the lack of activity during a game week and was wondering why.

I think the lack of activity stems from the fact that we are facing a team that was 6-10 last year, has a new coach, a new defense, and we're the underdog. This is the type of game we expect to be the favorite in. We've got all of our best players injured, and the matchups don't really favor us. I've tried myself to come up with topics around this game, but in the end all I have found is that I feel like I need to brace myself. This is one of the few "easy" games on our schedule this year, and it feels hopeless to me.

Taco John
09-24-2011, 12:57 PM
I gotta run. I understand the criticism. This place isn't perfect, and I'm certainly not perfect. There's probably a hundred things that I could be doing better. There are certainly some issues that I know about that I'm working on, but it's been difficult due to the economy and my resources. I think there are better days ahead for us all.

tsiguy96
09-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I think the lack of activity stems from the fact that we are facing a team that was 6-10 last year, has a new coach, a new defense, and we're the underdog. This is the type of game we expect to be the favorite in. We've got all of our best players injured, and the matchups don't really favor us. I've tried myself to come up with topics around this game, but in the end all I have found is that I feel like I need to brace myself. This is one of the few "easy" games on our schedule this year, and it feels hopeless to me.

i think pretty much everyone understands that any win this team gets this year needs to be celebrated, but any loss is not going to be unexpected. the mood will be down a lot compared to other situations when expectations were we win out at home and win 3-5 on the road.

maven
09-24-2011, 01:25 PM
As a fan you won't? Whatcha gonna do about it? Let me guess, keep posting the same crap about EFX. Well that should do it! :thumbsup:

Not show up at the games in Denver by buying tickets, parking, hot dogs, beer, and merchandise at the pro shop.

broncolife
09-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Fan Police and a ton of unused cap space left

OABB
09-24-2011, 01:46 PM
not to make this a tebow orton thing...but our team has no soul and whether or not orton is the better qb, or should start is immaterial. we arent exciting...we arent fun to watch anymore. it feels hopeless and soul sucking. sorry but its true. orton is the leader and this team has taken on his personality.
we are apathetic because our team is apathetic.

love him or hate him...he inspires nothing but averageness. Im done fighting about it. it is what it is.

but football is supposed to be entertaining...especially in mile high.

tsiguy96
09-24-2011, 01:49 PM
not to make this a tebow orton thing...but our team has no soul and whether or not orton is the better qb, or should start is immaterial. we arent exciting...we arent fun to watch anymore. it feels hopeless and soul sucking. sorry but its true. orton is the leader and this team has taken on his personality.

love him or hate him...he inspires nothing but averageness. Im done fighting about it. it is what it is.

thats pretty true, orton may very well be the best, most accurate and technical QB on the roster...but it doesnt mean the team as a whole is better with him in that spot. who knows though, week 3 coming up.

Maximus
09-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I completely disagree with this approach. It works ok for sites like FinHeaven, but it turns the site into a circlejerk. I prefer a more organic site where the forum is more open and the standards revolve around decency and respect for the forum. Yeah, sure, we get pretty lax sometimes and are forced to reel things in. Yeah sure, there are a few things that need to be fixed. But the largest problems on this forum are the same ones experienced by every Broncos forum - I keep my eye on this sort of thing and the tone is the same everywhere. There is a palpable feeling of hopelessness across all of the forums. Creating a Tebow subforum wouldn't help that. Frankly, It would only make things worse and MUCH harder to moderate. I don't believe in splitting the community in such a way. I've seen it on other forums, and I've never liked the results. It turns into a mess where it becomes a definite "mods vs. users" fight. That's not what I want for this forum. I'd rather it be a fight over what's happening on the field than a fight about what's happening on the forum.

I believe winning will cure what happens on the forums... Actually, let me qualify that a bit more: I believe fan confidence in the Broncos will cure what happens on the forums. Winning is part of that, but belief in the Broncos direction as a team is the number one solution. There have always been disagreements on these forums, but by and large the fanbase has always believed in the direction the team was moving in. Right now, there is a lot of doubt and uncertainty about the team's direction. Once that gets fixed, a lot of the discord will vanish as if someone waved a magic wand.

If you like threads being hijacked and disrespect being thrown around so be it! It's your site and your vision. I know this TJ, this site and every site needs a standard and sometimes you have to smack people and change up for just a little bit to get people to appreciate and show respect. Over the years a lot of disagreements have been settled here with straight football talk. That might not have been your vision, but your members established it and OM had a reputation for having some of the most knowledgeable and loyal Bronco fans on the web and that was your draw... Now you have a different draw.

Bronx33
09-24-2011, 02:32 PM
If you like threads being hijacked and disrespect being thrown around so be it! It's your site and your vision. I know this TJ, this site and every site needs a standard and sometimes you have to smack people and change up for just a little bit to get people to appreciate and show respect. Over the years a lot of disagreements have been settled here with straight football talk. That might not have been your vision, but your members established it and OM had a reputation for having some of the most knowledgeable and loyal Bronco fans on the web and that was your draw... Now you have a different draw.

Really you're going to talk shyt after what you and your girlfriend RR at that raiders site he made? that was some funny shyt though when RR left the front door open for me to see all your secret conversations/moderation bull crap. ( awe the old days they were fun weren't they)

Hmmm i think i have that stuff somewhere on my backup HD i will have to look sometime.

maven
09-24-2011, 03:17 PM

Pretty much my thoughts.

Rohirrim
09-24-2011, 04:42 PM
LOL! Are you kidding? If I ran that kind of site, you would have been banned 10 years ago.

I'm not interested in running a "zero tolerance" forum. I've always encouraged people looking for a zero tolerance forum to shop around. They're out there for people who prefer that kind of environment. I want to run a site with diversity and bit of an edge. Not too sharp, but sharp enough to be interesting.

Go shop around. But when you get banned from the zero tolerance forum, you'll still have a home here, man.

Yep. Freedom of speech is messy. Some could use a nose wipe. :puff:

SpringStein
09-24-2011, 05:18 PM
DPO Jr.

Kaylore
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM
It doesn't have to be all or nothing with the censorship. I'd like to see a more concerted effort policing people who derail threads. I'm not saying censor them so much as staying on topic. Obviously we are as guilty with the "food jacking" of Bob's crap, but I'd gladly give that up if meant not seeing a good topic derailed into how Orton sucks and Tebow rules.

BroncoInferno
09-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Gotta go with Tjay here. The pussies who want folks like Bob and other they dislike banned should be weeded out of the process. Are you too weak to simply ignore someone?

Crushaholic
09-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Someone needs to raise Mock from the dead...

STFU! :notworthy

Maximus
09-24-2011, 05:50 PM
It doesn't have to be all or nothing with the censorship. I'd like to see a more concerted effort policing people who derail threads. I'm not saying censor them so much as staying on topic. Obviously we are as guilty with the "food jacking" of Bob's crap, but I'd gladly give that up if meant not seeing a good topic derailed into how Orton sucks and Tebow rules.

I agree!

tsiguy96
09-24-2011, 06:12 PM

exactly.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 06:22 PM
I am curious, people talk about how bad the place is run and mismanaged but have they volunteered to be a mod? Or has anyone here upset volunteered. Be a parrot the solution. For a community this large there is only a small number of Mods.

Just a thought, carry on with said b**** fest.

Forgot to come comment on this.

I am hereby offering my services as a wielder of the ban-hammer. I don't know anything about the greater mod-ness but I promise to swing that particular hammer like Thor never could. Give me the power - I dare ya!

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 06:25 PM
I think the reality is that the mane has become more social and less Broncos centric. Maybe the fact that the Broncos continually suck saps the energy out of rooting for them but there's 8000 different things folks would rather talk about right now but sub-forums get almost no action so they become OT or near-OT threads on the Mane. Nobody likes being inundated with negativity but as long as the team is well below .500, there's gonna be more negative than positive. We wear out our optimism in training camp every year.

houghtam
09-24-2011, 06:43 PM
I think the reality is that the mane has become more social and less Broncos centric. Maybe the fact that the Broncos continually suck saps the energy out of rooting for them but there's 8000 different things folks would rather talk about right now but sub-forums get almost no action so they become OT or near-OT threads on the Mane. Nobody likes being inundated with negativity but as long as the team is well below .500, there's gonna be more negative than positive. We wear out our optimism in training camp every year.

It's a good point that you bring up. I'd rather have Off-Season mode all year long and have to wade through threads about how to cook a better hamburger than have to sift through crap about Orton/Tebow, Moreno/Mr. Glass, EFX/HTM (that's Hitler-Tojo-Moussilini). It would at least reflect more of what you said, that is, the Mane is now more of a social site than a Broncos site.

maven
09-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I'd rather have Off-Season mode all year long and have to wade through threads about how to cook a better hamburger than have to sift through crap about Orton/Tebow, Moreno/Mr. Glass, EFX/HTM (that's Hitler-Tojo-Moussilini). It would at least reflect more of what you said, that is, the Mane is now more of a social site than a Broncos site.

I agree with this. Quick count there is at least 19 subforums. It's WAY too much.

strafen
09-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Aren't you a moderator?
What is it you guys do, or moderate?
People will take what you give them, and then some...
This board has always been hostile.

OABB
09-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Forgot to come comment on this.

I am hereby offering my services as a wielder of the ban-hammer. I don't know anything about the greater mod-ness but I promise to swing that particular hammer like Thor never could. Give me the power - I dare ya!

I think you would be an excellent mod. you have my vote.

maven
09-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Aren't you a moderator?

I like what they do. No more "moderation" please.

Pussies want that.

My opinion, condense the board.

SoCalBronco
09-24-2011, 08:35 PM
The problem is.... in the Not-For-Long-if-you-don't-win league, people expect instant gratification whether that's a reasonable, attainable expectation or not.

It's not so much that our fans expect instant gratification, its more that some (most?) of us aren't really interested in hearing about patience from an organization that doesn't appear to be making the required investments to succeed. Why should I get up for a game if the team isn't spending (20m below cap)? Many are also not interested in hearing "trust us" or "be patient" when the organization bears much of the moral blame for dragging us through the mud for 2.5 years.

No...I'm not interested in trusting anyone, especially not clowns and morons. If they're going to run it like a third rate organization and continually make stupid decisions, I'm not going to live and die and get totally amped up based on every Sunday's game...because I would literally die if I took it as seriously as I used to, with this particular team.

I agree with OABB that we're soulless. There's no direction here. We've got a trifecta of crap:

1. POS Owner
2. Green/unqualified/clown FO
3. McD raped the talent base and largely pissed away 2 1sts and 2 2nds, while Bowlen, Ellis and Xanders did nothing and now the old man has the gall to say that he was "uncomfortable" with McD....yet obviously did nothing until it was too late. I wonder if he'd be uncomfortable if he got punched in the dick repeatedly. How would that feel old man? Cause that's what you did to our fans.

I'm not blaming Fox, he stepped into a pile of ****, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give the team a clean slate. The people that are responsible for the joke that we are are still around and in the background. They need to get out. It's not about instant gratification, its about being tired of incompetence, cheapness and stupidity. I'm ****ing tired of it. Enough is enough. So yeah....the enthusiasm will return when there's sufficient reason to be enthusiastic.

Blueflame
09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Aren't you a moderator?

If you don't know what moderators do (aren't aware we're doing anything at all) then that means we're doing it right. I will state for the record, however... that if the Mane had no moderators, everyone would be seeing a LOT more spam.

NFLBRONCO
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
It's not so much that our fans expect instant gratification, its more that some (most?) of us aren't really interested in hearing about patience from an organization that doesn't appear to be making the required investments to succeed. Why should I get up for a game if the team isn't spending (20m below cap)? Many are also not interested in hearing "trust us" or "be patient" when the organization bears much of the moral blame for dragging us through the mud for 2.5 years.

No...I'm not interested in trusting anyone, especially not clowns and morons. If they're going to run it like a third rate organization and continually make stupid decisions, I'm not going to live and die and get totally amped up based on every Sunday's game...because I would literally die if I took it as seriously as I used to, with this particular team.

I agree with OABB that we're soulless. There's no direction here. We've got a trifecta of crap:

1. POS Owner
3. McD raped the talent base and largely pissed away 2 1sts and 2 2nds.

I'm not blaming Fox, he stepped into a pile of ****, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give the team a clean slate. The people that are responsible for the joke that we are are still around and in the background. They need to get out. It's not about instant gratification, its about being tired of incompetence, cheapness and stupidity. I'm ****ing tired of it. Enough is enough. So yeah....the enthusiasm will return when there's sufficient reason to be enthusiastic.

Well said, agree 100%

I'm cool with Elway at this point

Blueflame
09-24-2011, 08:47 PM

1. POS Owner
3. McD raped the talent base and largely pissed away 2 1sts and 2 2nds.

I completely agree with #3. On #1... my suspicion is that there could be some health issues going on... or perhaps Joe Ellis really is Grima Wormtongue to Bowlen's King Theoden. #2... I think Ellis and Xanders share some of the blame for McDaniels (and the squandering of talent/draft picks that left our "cupboards bare") and wouldn't care an iota if they were gone tomorrow. Elway (IMHO) deserves more patience and whatever he doesn't know about the FO, I fully expect he'll learn sooner rather than later.

jhns
09-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Just a thought, carry on with said b**** fest.

Good idea. TJ should make me a mod. I could clean this place up.

That One Guy
09-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Good idea. TJ should make me a mod. I could clean this place up.

LOL @ jhns and the thought of him being the only user left on the site.

I bet TJ would be pissed to log in one day to find out even he's been banned from his own site.

Powderaddict
09-24-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm a newcomer and I like the anything goes feel of the site but do feel there could be much more Broncos content.

I haven't been contributing much so I have no room to complain (I'm not, just offering feedback). Hopefully things will slow down to normal at some point, I'll try and contribute more.

schaaf
09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
There has been a lot of idiots here and the site has shocked me from time to time but IMO this is the best broncos forum out there I've tried about 5 and this is the one I've stayed at for years and will stay for years to come I feel like I have many friends even though most posters wouldn't even recognize my name on here from one thread to another haha

ZachKC
09-24-2011, 11:08 PM
Familiarity breeds contempt.

baja
09-24-2011, 11:20 PM

I got a better idea when you type Orton it turns into Tebow and when you type Tebow it turns into Orton.

Steve Sewell
09-24-2011, 11:26 PM
I've started to lose interest in trying to read posts on here because its almost all just a select few posters with agendas ripping each other.

DrFate
09-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Not show up at the games in Denver by buying tickets, parking, hot dogs, beer, and merchandise at the pro shop.

It amazes me when people think that ordinary fans can't express their disgust with this franchise in a tangible way.

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 08:15 AM

1. POS Owner
3. McD raped the talent base and largely pissed away 2 1sts and 2 2nds, while Bowlen, Ellis and Xanders did nothing and now the old man has the gall to say that he was "uncomfortable" with McD....yet obviously did nothing until it was too late. I wonder if he'd be uncomfortable if he got punched in the dick repeatedly. How would that feel old man? Cause that's what you did to our fans.

:notworthy

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
^ To expand:

I think the issue lies with Bowlen's family. A LOT of owners care about nothing more than winning for their legacy as they advance in years and their own mortality starts to become an ever present Sword of Damocles.

...Bowlen's family doesn't care about football though. So instead of taking those shots at Lombardi's to hand off a winner, he's counting pennies and more concerned with handing off nicer trust funds.

Just sucks for us to fund it.

broncogary
09-25-2011, 08:21 AM
LOL @ jhns and the thought of him being the only user left on the site.

I bet TJ would be pissed to log in one day to find out even he's been banned from his own site.

Hey, you try banning people using your cell phone and see how many mistakes you make. :wiggle:

CEH
09-25-2011, 08:23 AM
^ To expand:

I think the issue lies with Bowlen's family. A LOT of owners care about nothing more than winning for their legacy as they advance in years and their own mortality starts to become an ever present Sword of Damocles.

...Bowlen's family doesn't care about football though. So instead of taking those shots at Lombardi's to hand off a winner, he's counting pennies and more concerned with handing off nicer trust funds.

Just sucks for us to fund it.

I'd be curious to find how many NFL owner's sole income is their football franchise. It is for Bowlen and he has a $200MM construction loan to fund through the Broncos.

I think Elways group will complete with Eliis's group for ownership here in the next 3-5 years. Could get ugly

TheReverend
09-25-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd be curious to find how many NFL owner's sole income is their football franchise. It is for Bowlen and he has a $200MM construction loan to fund through the Broncos.

I think Elways group will complete with Eliis's group for ownership here in the next 3-5 years. Could get ugly

Kaiser needs to die first.

That One Guy
09-25-2011, 08:25 AM

For some reason, I could see Elway the owner being Jerry Jones in 15 years and Jerry Jones being Al Davis in 15 years.

Dagmar
09-25-2011, 10:03 AM
There is SIX people in the chat room at kick off. Well done EFX....

broncoblue
09-25-2011, 01:18 PM
i hardly post anymore following the abuse i got last season,just pop in and out now and again,used to be the best site and i learned a lot here about broncos and made friends who i met when i came over in both denver and phoenix.

Dagmar
09-25-2011, 01:27 PM
i hardly post anymore following the abuse i got last season,just pop in and out now and again,used to be the best site and i learned a lot here about broncos and made friends who i met when i came over in both denver and phoenix.

You got abuse? Is it beacause you stole Goodewillie from Rangers?

broncoblue
09-25-2011, 03:21 PM
got a lot a **** i didnt need but stuff em!!!!
goodwillie the most unfit premier league player !!!
kean i hate more than mcdanials!!!
spelt wrong i think but its turned into jd night and stella

Dagmar
09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
got a lot a **** i didnt need but stuff em!!!!
goodwillie the most unfit premier league player !!!
kean i hate more than mcdanials!!!
spelt wrong i think but its turned into jd night and stella

I'm on bud, moving to Jameson. At least you beat Arsenal! That was cracking!!

Archer81
09-25-2011, 03:25 PM
English english is...odd.

Dagmar
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
English english is...odd.

Us Brits have our own language...

broncoblue
09-25-2011, 03:48 PM
brits? your a jock and im english lol....