PDA

View Full Version : The Haley Pool

Rohirrim
09-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Which week does he get fired? I'm assuming we all agree that he will be the first coach fired this season.

TheDave
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Depends, if this team gives a 3rd similiar performance it could be as soon as Monday.

Garcia Bronco
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Since he has the people skillz of T-Rex....I am going to go week 12

gyldenlove
09-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't think he gets fired before the bye week, but if they go into the bye week at 0-5 he is out of there, if he is 1-4 or better at the bye week he will be let go after week 11 if they lose to us have won no more than 2 games, if they have won 3 games or more after week 11 or they beat us he will last until the end of the season.

Rohirrim
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm going with week 8. By then, there will be no hope whatsoever and there will be no viable counter-argument for not canning his ass.

TheDave
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I'll bet Pioli has his sights set on Luck... he will do what ever is most disruptive to the team.

broncocalijohn
09-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I said after the SD game this weekend but I wonder if the excuse of two star players out will extend him further. Obviously, they sucked before the two got injured. If the GM and Haley are at odds, no reason to have him stick around anymore than after this game.

Ray Finkle
09-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I think he makes it until the end of the season....alleviates all the pressure from Poili

Pick Six
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM
He just lost 3 of his best playmakers for the season. I think Pioli chalks this up to a lost season and sees what happens next year. Therefore, I will say that he DOESN'T get fired this year...

bfoflcommish
09-23-2011, 10:20 AM
He just lost 3 of his best playmakers for the season. I think Pioli chalks this up to a lost season and sees what happens next year. Therefore, I will say that he DOESN'T get fired this year...

this

Tim
09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
it will be right after the broncos blow them out in week 10

oubronco
09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
At the end of the season if it happens

Rolandftw
09-23-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm going after week 5 if the team is 0-5. Otherwise he probably lasts close to the end of the season.

Chiefs do have viable head coaching candidates working under Haley, so they could fire him anytime and not be as screwed as some teams.

bendog
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
The irony is that he canned chan gailey, who is 2-0 with Buff and appears to be making a qb ... cheap. I can't see Hunt eating a year on the contract that runs through next year though.

maven
09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
What is his contract right now? Their owner a cheap mofo.

Miss I.
09-23-2011, 12:35 PM
History would indicate the Chiefs organization holds onto personnel longer rather than terminate preemptively (Larry Johnson being an exception). They let Herm Edwards finish out the season, I suspect Todd Haley will also. They might even keep him for his remaining 4th year on his contract, but it really depends on Pioli I expect and who and when they can get a replacement. I do not believe they would replicate some of Oakland's termination decisions or even Denver's letting McDaniels go early. Haley is not as terminal a case as McDaniels so I don't think they will let him go before the end of the season unless he does something monumentally stupid. The Chiefs are fairly used to being at the bottom lately and being in rebuilding mode. They will however I think go after Luck in the draft if given the chance because their overpaid QB is really not their QBTOF. Frankly I think Cassel was a huge mistake. Based on one season doing relatively well as a back up they paid him an ridiculous sum of money

On July 14, 2009, the Chiefs signed Cassel to a six-year, $62.7 million contract that includes $28 million in guaranteed money, and $40.5 million in total compensation in the first three seasons.(makes Orton seem like a bargain whether you like him or not).

NE has decent backups, but generally that's all they are. Chiefs did well with Huard as a backup, but he really was a backup, so is Cassel.

anyway, that's my take, but it could be aftereffects of the anesthesia I was given today.

maven
09-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Cassel's contract is cheap now.

24champ
09-23-2011, 12:53 PM
History would indicate the Chiefs organization holds onto personnel longer rather than terminate preemptively (Larry Johnson being an exception). They let Herm Edwards finish out the season, I suspect Todd Haley will also. They might even keep him for his remaining 4th year on his contract, but it really depends on Pioli I expect and who and when they can get a replacement. I do not believe they would replicate some of Oakland's termination decisions or even Denver's letting McDaniels go early. Haley is not as terminal a case as McDaniels so I don't think they will let him go before the end of the season unless he does something monumentally stupid. The Chiefs are fairly used to being at the bottom lately and being in rebuilding mode. They will however I think go after Luck in the draft if given the chance because their overpaid QB is really not their QBTOF. Frankly I think Cassel was a huge mistake. Based on one season doing relatively well as a back up they paid him an ridiculous sum of money

On July 14, 2009, the Chiefs signed Cassel to a six-year, $62.7 million contract that includes $28 million in guaranteed money, and $40.5 million in total compensation in the first three seasons.(makes Orton seem like a bargain whether you like him or not).

NE has decent backups, but generally that's all they are. Chiefs did well with Huard as a backup, but he really was a backup, so is Cassel.

anyway, that's my take, but it could be aftereffects of the anesthesia I was given today.

That was when Lamar Hunt was owner, he let King Carl be the GM for about 20 years. I would think that with his son Clark running things and Pioli in his ear, they would push out Haley by week 10-12. Fire him early to get in the sweepstakes for Luck.

Pick Six
09-23-2011, 01:17 PM
That was when Lamar Hunt was owner, he let King Carl be the GM for about 20 years. I would think that with his son Clark running things and Pioli in his ear, they would push out Haley by week 10-12. Fire him early to get in the sweepstakes for Luck.

If they are wanting the 1st pick, wouldn't it be more logical to leave things the way they are? A new coach could come in and "ruin" the Luck plans...

Kaylore
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
If they are wanting the 1st pick, wouldn't it be more logical to leave things the way they are? A new coach could come in and "ruin" the Luck plans...

This is my thought as well. And you have to wonder who you pick as interim at that point. I suppose Crennel makes the most sense given his resume, but I would let Haley lead you toward a shot at Luck and then pack him on his way.

Rohirrim
09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
This is my thought as well. And you have to wonder who you pick as interim at that point. I suppose Crennel makes the most sense given his resume, but I would let Haley lead you toward a shot at Luck and then pack him on his way.

Josh McDaniels. Yikes!

DarkHorse30
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
The irony is that he canned chan gailey, who is 2-0 with Buff and appears to be making a qb ... cheap. I can't see Hunt eating a year on the contract that runs through next year though.

ha ha ha ha ha.......this is so funny. Haley is going to spontaneously combust on the sidelines. It would be really GREAT for the NFL if that would happen, then they could quit gabbing about how the defenses are cheating on the no-huddlers.

Which reminds me of something I thought up the other day...has anybody posited the theorom that all of PManning's pre-snap gesticulating may have caused his pain in the neck-itis?

boltaneer
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Haley better be nervous this week. A number of coaches has been fired after losing to the Bolts (I think four years straight now). I guess if you lose to Norv, you should be fired. ;)

Then again, if he survives this time, he's got another bullet coming up in a few weeks.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Josh McDaniels. Yikes!

Only in my wildest, wettest dream.

gunns
09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll bet Pioli has his sights set on Luck... he will do what ever is most disruptive to the team.

If so then keeping Haley for the entire season would seem logical. The guy has no people/player skills. Regardless of losing their top player I see Haley as the prime reason this team tanks, majorily, this year.

KipCorrington25
09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Remember the Herm Average effect, we don't want this guy to get fired, let him remain and run them into the ground... or back into the ground.

Bronx33
09-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Now him being made fun of ( that's already started)

Bronx33
09-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Pioli should be the one going.

broncolife
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM
right after we put 42 points on kc. Any coach should be fired for allowing 14 field goals in a game. :)

Bob's your Information Minister
09-23-2011, 06:52 PM
ASAP, please.

Sow discord among the roster and lack of effort will set in.

Name the biggest retard on the team interim head coach.

KCStud
09-23-2011, 06:56 PM
This thread should be titled "The Cassel Pool".
A lot of this isn't Haley's fault. Haley didn't draft Tyson Jackson and he didn't bring in Matt Cassel. Haley did screw up with the preseason preparation, but he's a first-time coach and has never been through a lockout before and Pioli was just as much a part of that plan as Haley.

Haley did an above average job his first two seasons for what he had. He has the biggest turnaround in team history.
Injuries are part of the game, but losing 3 of your best players is a big blow to any team. The Steelers lost Troy Polamalu after 5 games in 2009 and they missed the playoffs.

Bronco fans who think injuries are an excuse should ask themselves how good would the Broncos be right now if their 1st round defensive standout (Von), best playmaker on offense (Lloyd) and 2nd best receiver(Decker) tore their ACL's and are gone for the year?

And anyone who says the players don't like Haley have no idea what they're talking about. Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston and Brandon Flowers all love Haley and his approach. Flowers even went to a Lil Wayne concert with Haley. I doubt a player would do that if Haley was such a prick.