PDA

View Full Version : Dante Rosario signed. Mike Mohammed waived

BigPlayShay
09-22-2011, 10:45 AM
The #Broncos have signed TE Dante Rosario and waived LB Mike Mohamed. Rosario will wear No. 81.

https://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Broncos/status/116915030003421184

oubronco
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
If he doesn't play DT who cares

mwill07
09-22-2011, 10:57 AM
will Mohammed go to the practice squad?

Kaylore
09-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Wasn't that Nate Jackson's number? Big shoes to fill...

TheReverend
09-22-2011, 11:13 AM
The #Broncos have signed TE Dante Rosario and waived LB Mike Mohamed. Rosario will wear No. 81.

https://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Broncos/status/116915030003421184

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Give me back my white #53 LBer!

bowtown
09-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Not until he learns the value of horse steroids.

maven
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
So we traded Nate Jones for Dante Rosario!

dbfan21
09-22-2011, 11:44 AM

lol

Ray Finkle
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM

and distance spitting.....take that JJ Stokes!

Peoples Champ
09-22-2011, 12:05 PM
what about WR? Or we still throwin in Tebow in case of injuries.?

cutthemdown
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
People are obsessed with blaming the DT for the Broncos being crappy when in fact that unit is probably playing better then the linebackers right now.

mkporter
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
People are obsessed with blaming the DT for the Broncos being crappy when in fact that unit is probably playing better then the linebackers right now.

Not sure I'd go that far, but Bunkney has been pretty solid so far. Good pickup, IMO.

LittleFloyd
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I figured we needed another TE, I was sure hoping they would have signed Chad Mustard.

Powderaddict
09-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Welcome back Rosario!

lonestar
09-22-2011, 12:22 PM
DT outside of bunkley is pretty weak.

Btw if The DTs do their job the LB are free to make tackles.

So far they are battling ogs and OC that are fee to get into the LBs face.

We have stunk up the DTs since price left and really he was just a oversized LB converted to DE and moved to DT because we were worse there.

Just another year to non commitment to the DL where ther battles are won or lost.

Mogulseeker
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Going in with 4 TEs and 4 WRs (and that's if Lloyd plays).

Prolly a lot of jumbo sets.

Powderaddict
09-22-2011, 12:26 PM
DT outside of bunkley is pretty weak.

Btw if The DTs do their job the LB are free to make tackles.

So far they are battling ogs and OC that are fee to get into the LBs face.

We have stunk up the DTs since price left and really he was just a oversized LB converted to DE and moved to DT because we were worse there.

Just another year to non commitment to the DL where ther battles are won or lost.

When Marcus Thomas returns to health that should help free up the LB's a bit.

If we don't go QB early next draft I hope there is a difference maker at DT available, a stud there could really transform this defense.

Bigdawg26
09-22-2011, 12:54 PM
When Marcus Thomas returns to health that should help free up the LB's a bit.

If we don't go QB early next draft I hope there is a difference maker at DT available, a stud there could really transform this defense.

http://globalmr.com/images/Omaha/Cooked-Ham-Sliced.jpg

Had to do it!

Dr. Broncenstein
09-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Mohammad totally reminds me of McCaffrey.

OABB
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I think marcus thomas is going to surprise a lot of people. just typing this so I can quote it if Im right, and bury it here if I am not.

I believe he will be a force in the backfield.

eddie mac
09-22-2011, 04:59 PM
wtf is Thomas anyway, he was supposed to be back for the season opener. Far too many walking wounded on what already is a pretty **** team anyway.

Br0nc0Buster
09-22-2011, 06:12 PM
wtf is Thomas anyway, he was supposed to be back for the season opener. Far too many walking wounded on what already is a pretty **** team anyway.

apparently hurt his groin after his pec healed up

whats happens when you go HAM on rehab

db56
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Patrick Hape??

Tim
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I hope mohommed clears waivers and goes to the practice squad, I hate when drafted players get released and picked up elsewhere.

Makes you wonder how long orange julius is out for and whats holding up green.

TheChosen15One
09-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Agreed!!!!

Powderaddict
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
http://globalmr.com/images/Omaha/Cooked-Ham-Sliced.jpg

Had to do it!

Now if he said he was bacon, everyone would love him.

That's what KO should do, call himself "bacon"

Dedhed
09-22-2011, 10:26 PM
I hope mohommed clears waivers and goes to the practice squad, I hate when drafted players get released and picked up elsewhere.

Makes you wonder how long orange julius is out for and whats holding up green.

Mohammed looked terrible against the Cards. Thomas is out at least a couple of weeks, and likely it's Thomas' play that's holding up Green.

Tim
09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Mohammed looked terrible against the Cards. Thomas is out at least a couple of weeks, and likely it's Thomas' play that's holding up Green.

Mohammed played first team MLB a lot in camp, infront of irving so I will almost bet he will be a bronco in the future if he clears waivers.

And for the T.E. situation, if thomas is only out for 2 weeks and Green's only downfall is that Thomas is infront of him on the depth chart then they probably wouldn't have gone through the trouble of signing rosario.

Dedhed
09-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Mohammed played first team MLB a lot in camp, infront of irving so I will almost bet he will be a bronco in the future if he clears waivers.I don't doubt that they might try to stash him on the PS if he clears waivers, but he was far behind Irving, IMO. Irving's injury in the pre-season gave Mohammed the early run he got, but it was pretty clear by week 4 that Irving has a brighter future.

Mohammed was completely lost in coverage.

And for the T.E. situation, if thomas is only out for 2 weeks and Green's only downfall is that Thomas is infront of him on the depth chart then they probably wouldn't have gone through the trouble of signing rosario.
I don't think that's true. I think with the run first mentality of Fox, there's always going to be 3 TE's active.

Drek
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't think that's true. I think with the run first mentality of Fox, there's always going to be 3 TE's active.

I'd take it a step further. The Broncos are running an offense that currently is trying to evolve from what Josh McDaniels installed here. There is a perfect example on how to evolve beyond that system currently tearing the league apart in New England.

A huge part of its success stems from two TE sets with TEs who are real threats as receivers all over the field. We drafted two such athletic TEs in this past draft.

Three TEs isn't just a run game thing for us, I'd like to think that McCoy and co. are aware enough of how close they are to the Pats' current offense and that the extra TEs are attempts to put those weapons in place.

Imagine the Broncos in a couple years with Tebow at QB running two TE sets with Green and Thomas, having Decker and D. Thomas out on the wings. That is a a lot of size and speed for defenses to deal with.

bendog
09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
The chances of Thomas being on the team in two years are are probably less than 50%, and may not be much better for Tebow.

Tim
09-23-2011, 01:36 PM
The chances of Thomas being on the team in two years are are probably less than 50%, and may not be much better for Tebow.

I'd love to bump this in two years and see the only thomas gone is Marcus and Demaryius and Julius are #1 on the depth chart at their positions with Tebow throwing to them.

bendog
09-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I'd love to bump this in two years and see the only thomas gone is Marcus and Demaryius and Julius are #1 on the depth chart at their positions with Tebow throwing to them.

I would too, but odds are not good. Thomas has had some bad leg injuries, and it's a pattern. I don't know about Tebow. I was neutral, and then positive, but he screwed the offseason. I figure he'll play this year, and they'll make a decision based on that.

Drek
09-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I would too, but odds are not good. Thomas has had some bad leg injuries, and it's a pattern. I don't know about Tebow. I was neutral, and then positive, but he screwed the offseason. I figure he'll play this year, and they'll make a decision based on that.

How is a broken bone in his foot followed by an achilles tear a pattern? They're unrelated injuries, the first is something people heal from 100% of the time with no issues and does not increase any chance of re-injury. The second has seen significant advancements in treatment over the last few years and players are now returning to at or very close to 100% from them now.

Not to mention that the quick recovery time in Thomas' case indicates that his injury was far less severe than first feared.

As for Tebow, he signed a five year deal if I recall, I'd expect him to play it out. He's a 1st round pick who as of now has no legitimate competition lined up for next year. Unless the FO just railroads him out of town for non-football related reasons he's likely our starter in 2012 and 2013.

bendog
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
I dunno. Breaking a foot before the draft, missing time with it, blowing out an achilles in non football related activities, and barely avoiding PUP sort of seem like A HISTORY OF LEG ISSUES FOR AN NFL WIDE RECIEVER.

Drek
09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
I dunno. Breaking a foot before the draft, missing time with it, blowing out an achilles in non football related activities, and barely avoiding PUP sort of seem like A HISTORY OF LEG ISSUES FOR AN NFL WIDE RECIEVER.

So two injuries = history of leg issues. Even though the injuries aren't to the same part of the body, and one was a break that heals in full and will cause absolutely zero long term risk.

Ok. Good to know. We'll just ignore that everyone assumed he was going on the PUP, if not the IR, this season and instead he's well ahead of even optimistic rehab time tables and is looking good in what workouts he's been cleared for.

Tim
09-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Broncos sign Mohamed to Practice squad Friday 9/23

rugbythug
09-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Crabtree and dez have also been banged up alot.

Punisher
09-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Whats going on with these useless moves

Tim
09-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Whats going on with these useless moves

Guys on the final 53 are out with injury and there is not a competent back up behind them so they turn to free agency to fill the void.:thumbsup:

bowtown
09-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Guys on the final 53 are out with injury and there is not a competent back up behind them so they turn to free agency to fill the void.:thumbsup:

Surprised you had to explain that. Punisher knows all about turning to guys who are filling the void.