PDA

View Full Version : Blaine Gabbert to start for the Jags

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Sigh.

Another team that realizes, this year, the playoffs are not within our reach, so lets get ready for the future.

I'm so glad we are persevering with a QB who is going to leave at the end of the year.

What is Billy Crystal said at the end of When Harry Met Sally?
"...when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with (a possible franchise QB), you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

:D :-*

http://www.dickipedia.org/images/Billy-crystal.jpg

Eldorado
09-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Terrible quote. Man-card, revoked.

TDmvp
09-21-2011, 08:25 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G9hstRfZVCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Football thread?

Better quote "When Harry Met Sally"!

Brb, starting new thread, need to dig up something memorable from the Notebook

ShutDownPoster
09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XfUUYK7Gkg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_XfUUYK7Gkg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Looks like I beat you to it Rev!

Man-Goblin
09-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Hold on, I gotta go adjust my fantasy lineup.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Or maybe he won the job. You know, like guys are supposed to do.

TheDave
09-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Terrible quote. Man-card, revoked.

Gonna have to agree with this...

...On the other hand, maybe we should encourage Tebow fans to continue professing their love by quoting romantic comedies.

It could bring significant Lolz...

ColoradoDarin
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
So they were able to ascertain in less than 2 games that both the veterans they had above Gabbert prior to the season weren't going to be the long term answer and thus they might as well figure out if their 3rd string QB is the QBOTF or not...

Someone tweet Elway this.

bowtown
09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Me: I love you, Tim.
Tim: Don't you do that, don't say your good-byes.
Me: I'm so cold.
Tim: Listen, Alpha. You're gonna get out of here, you're gonna go on and make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch them grow. You're gonna die an old... an old lady warm in her bed, but not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?
Me: I can't feel my body.
Tim: Winning that ticket, Alpha, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Alpha. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor, Alpha. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Alpha, and never let go of that promise.
Me: I promise.
Tim: Never let go.
Me: I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Tim Tebow.

http://panthercs.ibeatyou.com/15533_ptetb_1241217688.jpg

TheDave
09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Gonna have to agree with this...

...On the other hand, maybe we should encourage Tebow fans to continue professing their love by quoting romantic comedies.

It could bring significant Lolz...

Oh what the hell,

I'll start...

Like Andrew McCarthy said in "Pretty in Pink"

"You said you couldn't be with someone who didn't believe in you. Well I believed in you. I just didn't believe in me. I love you... always (Tim)."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7yZnBty8Mzw/TZfvl4s0dFI/AAAAAAAAABk/myfuUYB_6ak/s1600/PrettyInPink.jpg

The Joker
09-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah, way to gay up the forum.

Nice going Fagmar!!

bigbronco1
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
I think he's going to do big things!

Rohirrim
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
This has possibilities...

http://www.autofish.net/asjad/images/internet_videos/popcorn_hamster.jpg

Rohirrim
09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
jhns: But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Timmy is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Rachel McAdams makes my pants fit funny.

bowtown
09-21-2011, 08:57 AM
People's reactions to opera/[Tim Tebow] the first time they see it is very dramatic; they either love it or they hate it. If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they may learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMwNTA5ODAxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTQwODU5._V1._ SX90_SY140_.jpg

That One Guy
09-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Check the stats for Mccown's game last week and then ask if they look like Orton's. They aren't pursuing the future, Mccown just played that bad.

Now back to your regularly scheduled gay moments in movie history.

maher_tyler
09-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Orton > this thread

Dr. Broncenstein
09-21-2011, 09:43 AM
http://fredvidal.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/rachel-mcadams.jpg

strafen
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah, way to gay up the forum.

Nice going Fagmar!!This!

Kaylore
09-21-2011, 10:09 AM
This reminds me of the naked guys in a room with a view. Well not really, but I wanted to post in this thread. Here's a picture from the movie.

http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_01_img0423.jpg

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Ah, she's a canadian.

OABB
09-21-2011, 10:18 AM
i wish i knew how to quit tebow.

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM
i wish i knew how to quit tebow.

Don't we all.

crush17
09-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Thread is teh lulz

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
I knew putting that quote in would epic up this thread!!

ShutDownPoster
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok this one beat 'Sweatin To The Oldies' by a hair...

http://activeleisure.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/stuart-smalley1.jpg?w=329&h=399

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 10:29 AM
From 2000-07, 19 of 21 Round 1 QBs sat opening day. Lotsa busts. From 2008-10, five started Day 1: Sanchez, Stafford, Flacco, Ryan, Bradford
web

Freeman and Tebow the only ones from 08-10 who didn't

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:31 AM
For that matter, any masturbatory emissions, where the sperm is clearly not seeking an egg, could be termed reckless abandonment.
Legally Blonde

TheReverend
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Freeman and Tebow the only ones from 08-10 who didn't

What?

Edit: Nvm read your post wrong.

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:36 AM
What's really outstanding is how Dagmar took an actual FOOTBALL NEWS ITEM to turn into a queer love fest for Tebow.

ghwk
09-21-2011, 10:37 AM
http://fredvidal.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/rachel-mcadams.jpg

Now MY pants fit funny! ROFL!

boppool
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Hold on, I gotta go adjust my fantasy lineup.

Right... Which defense plays Jags this week???

ghwk
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM
jhns (kneeling) to Tebow:

My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:51 AM
“I want her to melt into me, like butter on toast. I want to absorb her and walk around for the rest of my days with her encased in my skin.

I want.”
― Sara Gruen, Water for Elephants

OABB
09-21-2011, 10:53 AM
pretty much every romantic comedy works....its always about some chick marrying the wrong guy because of pressure from above.

then there is this totally hot guy that teaches her about life and is better in every way except measurables.

she continually makes the mistake of staying with the boring innefective doucher until she finally sees the light at the end and realizes winning is far more valuable than looking good in the pocket.

right now we are at the depressing montauge part where we see the girl unhappy with her ortonesque boyfriend while the less established young tebow is working in the fields with his sweatty ripply man torso just making his way.

I cant wait for the epic kiss at the end.

alkemical
09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
pretty much every romantic comedy works....its always about some chick marrying the wrong guy because of pressure from above.

then there is this totally hot guy that teachers her about life and is better in every way except measurables.

she continually makes the mistake of staying with the boring innefective doicher until she finally sees the light at the end and realizes winning is far more valuable than looking goid in the pocket.

right now we are at the depressing montauge part where we see the girl unhappy with her ortonesque boyfriend. while the young tebow is working in the fields with his sweatty man torso just making his way.

I cant wait for the epic kiss at the end.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAlxfNBWvY

BroncosSR
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Rachel McAdams makes my pants fit funny.

ROFL!

OABB
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAlxfNBWvY

its not gay if its with tebow. duh.

BroncosSR
09-21-2011, 11:01 AM
"We have a house in Jersey. We have two kids, Annie and Josh. Annie's not much of a violin player, but she tries real hard. She's a little precocious, but that's only because she says what's on her mind. And when she smiles... And Josh, he has your eyes. He doesn't say much, but we know he's smart. He's always got his eyes open, he's always watching us. Sometimes you can look at him and you just know he's learning something new. It's like witnessing a miracle. The house is a mess but it's ours. After 122 more payments, it's going to be ours. And you, you're a non-profit lawyer. That's right, you're completely non-profit, but that doesn't seem to bother you. And we're in love. After 13 years of marriage we're still unbelievably in love. You won't even let me touch you until I've said it. I sing to you. Not all the time, but definitely on special occasions. We've dealt with our share of surprises and made a lot of sacrifices but we've stayed together. You see, you're a better person than I am. And it made me a better person to be around you. I don't know, maybe it was just all a dream. Maybe I went to bed one lonely night in December and I imagined it all. But I swear, nothing has ever felt more real. And if you get on that plane right now, it'll disappear forever. I know we could both go on with our lives and we'd both be fine, but I've seen what we could be like together. And I choose us."

bowtown
09-21-2011, 11:18 AM
- One second, you're Tim Tebow, class president, stand-out athlete, all-around bad-ass mamba-jahamba; the next thing you know, you're Tim Tebow, b****-boy.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTcyNDQwNzY3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkwNzYxMQ@@._ V1._SX99_SY140_.jpg

The greatest romcom of all time.

strafen
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I knew putting that quote in would epic up this thread!!

No, you didn't, but nice try though... :welcome:

bendog
09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Gale Sayers: I love Tim Tebow. And I'd like all of you to love him too. And so tonight, when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him.

bowtown
09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Gale Sayers: I love Brian Piccolo. And I'd like all of you to love him too. And so tonight, when you hit your knees, please ask God to love him.

Would you substitue Tim Tebow with Brian Piccolo or God in that quote?

bendog
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6197/6115813799_fd8b476533_z.jpg

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
What's really outstanding is how Dagmar took an actual FOOTBALL NEWS ITEM to turn into a queer love fest for Tebow.

Hell it's entertained me on a slow Wednesday in the office!

maher_tyler
09-21-2011, 03:27 PM
"We have a house in Jersey. We have two kids, Annie and Josh. Annie's not much of a violin player, but she tries real hard. She's a little precocious, but that's only because she says what's on her mind. And when she smiles... And Josh, he has your eyes. He doesn't say much, but we know he's smart. He's always got his eyes open, he's always watching us. Sometimes you can look at him and you just know he's learning something new. It's like witnessing a miracle. The house is a mess but it's ours. After 122 more payments, it's going to be ours. And you, you're a non-profit lawyer. That's right, you're completely non-profit, but that doesn't seem to bother you. And we're in love. After 13 years of marriage we're still unbelievably in love. You won't even let me touch you until I've said it. I sing to you. Not all the time, but definitely on special occasions. We've dealt with our share of surprises and made a lot of sacrifices but we've stayed together. You see, you're a better person than I am. And it made me a better person to be around you. I don't know, maybe it was just all a dream. Maybe I went to bed one lonely night in December and I imagined it all. But I swear, nothing has ever felt more real. And if you get on that plane right now, it'll disappear forever. I know we could both go on with our lives and we'd both be fine, but I've seen what we could be like together. And I choose us."

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Classic!

Punisher
09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
juicy fruit

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJyPR4uZA0l0YS7-AtjT5ihQN0Moh-XCnyZNN9t2rf66jBv4W6yQK9CP1D2g

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm just a Macgruber, standing in front of a Tebow, asking him to love her.

Punisher
09-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm just a Macgruber, standing in front of a Tebow, asking him to love her.

Funny...... not!

Archer81
09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Funny...... not!

Wayne and Garth want their schtick back.

:Broncos:

Archer81
09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
This thread...

Blowing a man is less gay then the movie choices presented here.

For shame, sirs.

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 04:39 PM
None of them as good as 4 Weddings or Love Actually either!

;)

Punisher
09-21-2011, 04:47 PM
This thread...

Blowing a man is less gay then the movie choices presented here.

For shame, sirs.

I'll blow you but you got to take me to the movies first

Archer81
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM

While the opportunity to mark off "get head from toothless wonder" from my bucketlist is tempting, I am going to have to say no.

Punisher
09-21-2011, 04:56 PM
While the opportunity to mark off "get head from toothless wonder" from my bucketlist is tempting, I am going to have to say no.

LMAO!

elsid13
09-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Well we now have an o"man"e love connection.

Jay3
09-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Check the stats for Mccown's game last week and then ask if they look like Orton's. They aren't pursuing the future, Mccown just played that bad.

Now back to your regularly scheduled gay moments in movie history.

David Gerrard is the one you should be looking at. They cut him in a decisive move for the future.

In this analogy, McCown is the Brady Quinn -- the guy they thought was veteran enough to hold down the job while Gabbert developed, but should have known better.

This is how you develop a quarterback. Get rid of the guy who he's never going to flat beat out, have one other guy to avoid a complete dumpster fire, and move towards getting him in there.

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
No, you didn't, but nice try though... :welcome:

I'm impressed you can still type while you're human centipeded onto Punisher and go_broncos.

Question, which one is the head? How do you type?

That One Guy
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
David Gerrard is the one you should be looking at. They cut him in a decisive move for the future.

In this analogy, McCown is the Brady Quinn -- the guy they thought was veteran enough to hold down the job while Gabbert developed, but should have known better.

This is how you develop a quarterback. Get rid of the guy who he's never going to flat beat out, have one other guy to avoid a complete dumpster fire, and move towards getting him in there.

I think I agree with you if I understand what you're getting at.

Yes, they decided to go with Gabbert the minute they cut Garrard. This particular move, however, was not as much a choice as a necessity. If given the opportunity, I think they'd prefer going with a veteran for a bit longer but that veteran was just stinking the place up beyond their original expectations.

That One Guy
09-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Uhh

I don't think I've ever delivered a joke that involved me offering to blow a guy.

Punisher
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Uhh

I don't think I've ever delivered a joke that involved me offering to blow a guy.

Not every gloryhole has a girl behind it :wiggle:

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2011, 07:05 PM
punisher even fails at being gay...

Punisher
09-21-2011, 07:19 PM
punisher even fails at being gay...

You can't have me I don't fuc* black guys

Tombstone RJ
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
You can't have me I don't **** black guys

touche

bigbucks24
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
So here's what I would like to see out of the Tebow fans.

1. When Tim starts, you give him the same slack you give Orton, as in none. NO excuses. You hold him to the exact same standard as you do Orton.

2. If Tim is unsuccessful as a QB, you make as many posts saying you were wrong as you did whining about Tim not playing and Orton playing. You count them up and admit you were wrong with the same passion and vigor as you have been calling for Ortons's head.

UberBroncoMan
09-21-2011, 07:43 PM
So here's what I would like to see out of the Tebow fans.

1. When Tim starts, you give him the same slack you give Orton, as in none. NO excuses. You hold him to the exact same standard as you do Orton.

2. If Tim is unsuccessful as a QB, you make as many posts saying you were wrong as you did whining about Tim not playing and Orton playing. You count them up and admit you were wrong with the same passion and vigor as you have been calling for Ortons's head.

Orton is a 7 year vet who had the fortune of STARTING FIFTEEN (15) GAMES AS A ROOKIE. He get's no breathing room.

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 08:00 PM

What is "a decisive move for the future"? You mean sticking with mediocrity, ISN'T, the way to go?

vancejohnson82
09-21-2011, 08:32 PM
What is "a decisive move for the future"? You mean sticking with mediocrity, ISN'T, the way to go?

did you see Mcnown this weekend?

It was atrocious....watch some of the highlights....he gave the coaching staff absolutely no choice....unfortunately for you Tebowites, Orton won't have a game like he had this weekend....and again, before you compare a game from last year, watch the Jags highlights from this weekend

a better comparison would be the Browns of last year....but then again, most of you don't watch anything but your homeboy holding a clipboard on the sideline and when Orton throws an incompletion

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 08:35 PM
did you see Mcnown this weekend?

It was atrocious....watch some of the highlights....he gave the coaching staff absolutely no choice....unfortunately for you Tebowites, Orton won't have a game like he had this weekend....and again, before you compare a game from last year, watch the Jags highlights from this weekend

a better comparison would be the Browns of last year....but then again, most of you don't watch anything but your homeboy holding a clipboard on the sideline and when Orton throws an incompletion

Is Orton better than mediocre?

vancejohnson82
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM

is Luke Mcnown better than absolutely terrible?

vancejohnson82
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM

is Tebow better than mediocre?

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 08:41 PM
is Tebow better than mediocre?

van, we don't know. We have 7 years of mediocrity to show that Orton is. I don't want someone like Dilfer as my QB.

We don't know what we have in Tebow. We do know that this team is in a rebuild after a missed off-season and entirely knew regime. I want to see what we have in Tebow this year BEFORE the excellent QB class of '12 comes around, because if Tebow ISN'T good enough, we should get one, if Tebow does look good, we can pick up someone else in the 1st to fill one of our MANY needs.

vancejohnson82
09-21-2011, 08:48 PM
van, we don't know. We have 7 years of mediocrity to show that Orton is. I don't want someone like Dilfer as my QB.

We don't know what we have in Tebow. We do know that this team is in a rebuild after a missed off-season and entirely knew regime. I want to see what we have in Tebow this year BEFORE the excellent QB class of '12 comes around, because if Tebow ISN'T good enough, we should get one, if Tebow does look good, we can pick up someone else in the 1st to fill one of our MANY needs.

personally, I think we aren't getting Luck either way....we aren't getting a 1st round QB either way becuase there are teams that stink much worse than we do

lets win some games, try and attract some free agents, keep guys like Bailey and Lloyd motivated and make the playoffs

if I thought Tebow could do that for us, I would be on the bandwagon....and the moment we can't make the playoffs, I'm all for it

Dagmar
09-21-2011, 08:51 PM
And I respect that. I am also a fan of winning games, we just have a different opinion of how to achieve that, which is cool. :thumbsup:

vancejohnson82
09-21-2011, 08:54 PM
And I respect that. I am also a fan of winning games, we just have a different opinion of how to achieve that, which is cool. :thumbsup:

haha....this might be the most cordial QB conversation this board has seen in quite a while

RhymesayersDU
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
personally, I think we aren't getting Luck either way....we aren't getting a 1st round QB either way becuase there are teams that stink much worse than we do

lets win some games, try and attract some free agents, keep guys like Bailey and Lloyd motivated and make the playoffs

if I thought Tebow could do that for us, I would be on the bandwagon....and the moment we can't make the playoffs, I'm all for it

So you're all for it now, then?

Because come on, we're not a playoff team now.

serious hops
09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Af0p3K42NZw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

strafen
09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm impressed you can still type while you're human centipeded onto Punisher and go_broncos.

Question, which one is the head? How do you type?Again, no you didn't you liar sack of ****... :welcome:

oubronco
09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Ok this one beat 'Sweatin To The Oldies' by a hair...

http://activeleisure.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/stuart-smalley1.jpg?w=329&h=399

Put Tebow's face on there and you have a winner :~ohyah!:

ShutDownPoster
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM

Yea I know! But I'm too lazy - even if I am Photoshop Guru. Any takers?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Check out this line: 6-for-19 for 59 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs

That's McCown's statline from last weekend's game. THAT is why Gabbert is starting. Total ineptitude at the position. Not because they're "ready to get started on the future."

OABB
09-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Check out this line: 6-for-19 for 59 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 INTs

That's McCown's statline from last weekend's game. THAT is why Gabbert is starting. Total ineptitude at the position. Not because they're "ready to get started on the future."

david garrard says hi.

OABB
09-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Id put ortons and write "Im not good enough, not smart enough and dogone it, some utter moronic people still like me."