PDA

View Full Version : We don't need to suck for Luck we just need to win as many games as we can and get this guy.

KevinJames
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
we have a good suck for luck alternative. I forgot this guy was a Jr. and will probably enter the draft, I never bothered bringing him up because for some reason I thought he was a sophmore.

If you have never watched him play your missing out.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/cory_mccartney/09/12/heisman-watch/Robert-Griffin-1.gif

http://bu-rg3.com/

bowtown
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
blgad

KevinJames
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
blgad

:spit: man your quick that was a placeholder

bowtown
09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Reminds me of Michael Vick, Cam Newton, Steve McNair and Randal Cunningham... and a little bit of Jerious Jackson.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Reminds me of Michael Vick, Cam Newton, Steve McNair and Randal Cunningham... and a little bit of Jerious Jackson.

thats racist!!

TheReverend
09-20-2011, 09:58 AM
4th rounder

TheReverend
09-20-2011, 09:59 AM

I see him as more of a Randle El :)

KevinJames
09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
4th rounder

:spit:
no way he goes any later than the 2nd round.

I see him as more of a Randle El :)

You haven't really watched him play much than.

wolf754life
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Kellen Moore please

TheReverend
09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
:spit:
no way he goes any later than the 2nd round.

Funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

You haven't really watched him play much than.

Didn't get the joke, huh?

EmpireOrange
09-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I with ya on that. I also like AZ, NC State, and Boise State's QBs too

ICON
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Does he play DT?

KevinJames
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

Didn't get the joke, huh?

When its all said and done he will be a late 1st to early 2nd round pick and ill bump this come draft time.

i see the race joke but I thought you were trying to say he will be converted to WR at the same time.

Does he play DT?

If you think we are drafting a DT in the first round get ready to be disappointed.

Smiling Assassin27
09-20-2011, 10:14 AM
i was gonna say he looks a lot like Scott Frost and Eric Crouch.

bendog
09-20-2011, 10:17 AM

RACIST~!

TonyR
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Donovan McNabb? Doug Williams? David Garrard? Daunte Culpepper? Tavaris Jackson?

TheChamp24
09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Kellen Moore please

lol what

I don't get the Kellen Moore love. Ken Dorsey never had this much love from his tenure at Miami.

Griffin though is interesting, he had that injury back in 2009. I think if he plays well this year he'll be a 1st round pick.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 10:32 AM

what?? no tebow??

Ha!

DomCasual
09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
thats racist!!

Yeah? Well, I was thinking her reminded me of former Hawaii QB Timmy Chang.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah? Well, I was thinking her reminded me of former Hawaii QB Timmy Chang.

is he good at math too?

maven
09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Ken Dorsey never had this much love from his tenure at Miami.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Jersey+Shore+WUT+gif+Save+it+for+the+reactions+on_ 4c1e98_885392.gif

DomCasual
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
is he good at math too?

I heard he can do spreadsheets while he drives!

ohiobronco2
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
He looked real amazing against that vaunted Illinois defense last year :spit:

jhns
09-20-2011, 10:46 AM
<object width="300" height="28" class="hark_player"><param name="movie" value="http://ecdn0.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dldpvmzsjz"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="allownetworking" value="all"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><embed src="http://ecdn0.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=dldpvmzsjz" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/dldpvmzsjz-there-are-white-folks-and-then-there-are-ignorant-mother****ers-like-you" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to There are white folks, and then there are ignorant mother****ers like you. on Hark.com">There are white folks, and then there are ignorant mother****ers like you.</a>

Audio nsfw

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Well I saw him light up TCU's defense which has been ranked top for the past few years

so he is intriguing

with that said, Im not sure this is the kind of guy Elway wants

Im very confident if Elway doesnt think Tebow can be the guy, we are drafting one high next year

TerrElway
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Don't sleep on Kellen Moore. I know everyone wants to dismiss Boise State (I'm not a fan) but the fact is, all they do is beat every "big" school put in front of them and destroy teams they should destroy. Their top players are NFL caliber, no doubt. Ask Ryan Clady.

Moore reminds me of Peyton Manning without all the spastic jerkings before the snap, without the whining and with the ability to move outside of the pocket. The kid is a player and I would take him over any of the QBs on our roster right now.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Don't sleep on Kellen Moore. I know everyone wants to dismiss Boise State (I'm not a fan) but the fact is, all they do is beat every "big" school put in front of them and destroy teams they should destroy. Their top players are NFL caliber, no doubt. Ask Ryan Clady.

Moore reminds me of Peyton Manning without all the spastic jerkings before the snap, without the whining and with the ability to move outside of the pocket. The kid is a player and I would take him over any of the QBs on our roster right now.

Moore is good, but again I think Elway is looking for someone that reminds him of well himself

Moore is pretty small for NFL qb standards

TheChamp24
09-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Moore is a shrimp with no arm strength.
Reminds you of Peyton Manning? lol

peacepipe
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
we have a good suck for luck alternative. I forgot this guy was a Jr. and will probably enter the draft, I never bothered bringing him up because for some reason I thought he was a sophmore.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/cory_mccartney/09/12/heisman-watch/Robert-Griffin-1.gif

what is it with the obsesssion with RBs that can throw the ball. Tebow is having a hard time getting out of 3rd string. Griffin won't even get looked at by denver.

peacepipe
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM

I would take moore over any QB we have as well,but they play 1 big school a yr the rest are 2nd tier teams.

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 11:24 AM
I heard he can do spreadsheets while he drives!

ahhhhhhhhhh!

http://rlv.zcache.com/asian_driver_no_survivors_bumper_sticker-p128646427579613944trl0_400.jpg

bronco militia
09-20-2011, 11:26 AM
http://i.qkme.me/2idz.jpg

broncocalijohn
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM

Isnt this one of the guys that replaced Elway in 1988 when he was injured near the end of the season? Elway saw what he did to our season and says NO THANK YOU!

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Moore is good, but again I think Elway is looking for someone that reminds him of well himself

Moore is pretty small for NFL qb standards

Drew Brees

bendog
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
I look forward to the combine to see how Moore physically matches up. Week three of Den's season, and the only thing to look forward to is elimination when they'll be forced to play tebow under center and the draft. Thank God for Drew Brees and the saints.

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Kyle Orton is the lowest drafted (106th overall) starting QB in the NFL who has never made it to the playoffs...other than Ryan Fitzpatrick, who plays for the Bills, who haven't made it to the playoffs since last century, and is actually good in the clutch (came back to win against the Raiders this week).

All the other QB's drafted lower than Orton who are currently starting:

1. Tom Brady
2. Tony Romo - 3 playoff appearances
3. Ryan Fitzpatrick - (2-0) higher rated, better under pressure
4. Matt Hasselbeck - 11 playoff appearances, Superbowl
5. Matt Cassel - 1 playoff appearance

Why the FO continues to invest starts in this guy is beyond me. The only reason we beat the Bengals (4th worst team in the NFL 2010) at home, is because they didn't try to kick a 53 yard field goal.

Either the QB of the future was playing WR this week...or he will be drafted in the 1st round in 2012.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Drew Brees

I like how every time a prospect is mentioned with less than ideal measurable Drew Brees is mentioned

might as well not even draft a qb in the first 5 rounds since afterall Brady was taken in the 6th

Im not saying Moore will or will not be a good pro qb, I am saying I dont think he is what Elway is looking for

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Here is to going into the bye week 1-4. Tebow starts at Miami, while Orton watches from the sidelines instead of starting for the Dolphins.

bendog
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Why the FO continues to invest starts in this guy is beyond me.

Because they are going to install Fox's offense now, rather than run some gimmick shotgun with shuffle passes for a running game, and they believe Orton gives them a better chance to win games than Tebow. But you're right that Tebow or someone not on the roster will be the qb in 12.

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I like how every time a prospect is mentioned with less than ideal measurable Drew Brees is mentioned

might as well not even draft a qb in the first 5 rounds since afterall Brady was taken in the 6th

Im not saying Moore will or will not be a good pro qb, I am saying I dont think he is what Elway is looking for

You said he was a small QB for NFL standards...

Who do you want... Mike Vick?

Point is, it looks like we will be drafting a QB...somewhere beyond the top 3. Luck and Landry Jones will be gone. No to Barkley.

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Why the FO continues to invest starts in this guy is beyond me.

Because they are going to install Fox's offense now, rather than run some gimmick shotgun with shuffle passes for a running game, and they believe Orton gives them a better chance to win games than Tebow. But you're right that Tebow or someone not on the roster will be the qb in 12.

When Orton was forced to play with the receivers that Tebow has played with all pre-season, he went 10 for 20 (50%). Not exactly lighting it up.

To claim that Tebow is a gimmick, or less accurate than Orton is simply not true. Let Tebow play behind the starting OL, with McGahee, and starting WR's.

Orton has 1 win since last November, and it was lucky.

Br0nc0Buster
You said he was a small QB for NFL standards...

Who do you want... Mike Vick?

Point is, it looks like we will be drafting a QB...somewhere beyond the top 3. Luck and Landry Jones will be gone. No to Barkley.

I said hes small because he is small, perhaps you are thinking of another Kellen Moore

Foles is also in the mix for 1st round qbs

bendog
Hey don't count us out of the Landry Jones sweepstakes.

NUB
09-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey I sat next to that guy in geology.

pricejj
09-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Hey don't count us out of the Landry Jones sweepstakes.

Looks like Chiefs, Colts, Seahawks will be competing for Luck, Jones.

My guess is:
1. KC - Andrew Luck
2. Seattle - Landry Jones

MileHighMagic
09-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Landry Jones does not impress me at all...and I am from his home state!

Perhaps we could at least TRY the first rounder on our bench?

pricejj
09-20-2011, 12:08 PM
I said hes small because he is small, perhaps you are thinking of another Kellen Moore

Foles is also in the mix for 1st round qbs

1. Andrew Luck - Stanford
2. Landry Jones - Oklahoma
3. Kellen Moore - Boise State
4. Robert Griffin - Baylor
5. Nick Foles - Arizona

Shooting for Kellen Moore or Robert Griffin.

Jones ain't looking too hot so far this year, he may drop.

bendog
09-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Looks like Chiefs, Colts, Seahawks will be competing for Luck, Jones.

My guess is:
1. KC - Andrew Luck
2. Seattle - Landry Jones

Seattle still has clev az on the road and az com sf at home. KC is giving us some suck competition. Still I think this team is capable of 3-13.

pricejj
09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Seattle still has clev az on the road and az com sf at home. KC is giving us some suck competition. Still I think this team is capable of 3-13.

The sooner Tebow plays, the more wins we have...all of Orton's 3 and outs will take a toll on the defense...but yes, very capable of 3-13.

WolfpackGuy
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
The sooner Tebow plays, the more wins we have...all of Orton's 3 and outs will take a toll on the defense...but yes, very capable of 3-13.

"You lie!"

I've been saying this for the last 2+ years.

bendog
09-20-2011, 12:21 PM

No, not if they keep running an nfl offense. They want the qb under center on run/neutral downs, and they're right that running Urban Meyers offense isn't gonna cut it in the nfl regardless of who the qb is.

hambone13
09-20-2011, 12:28 PM

Almost none of his highlights show him throwing the ball?

razorwire77
09-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Luck is a rare prospect, but I think Landry Jones and Ryan Lindley are both going to be good too.

bendog
09-20-2011, 01:06 PM
I live in the east, so I don't see much PACwhatever#, but why does the USC guy get so little love? Yeah I know Lionheartnot is a bust and dirty sanchez is iffy, but Carson Palmer was the real deal till Mike Brown broke him.

broncocalijohn
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
I live in the east, so I don't see much PACwhatever#, but why does the USC guy get so little love? Yeah I know Lionheartnot is a bust and dirty sanchez is iffy, but Carson Palmer was the real deal till Mike Brown broke him.

He had a good game against Syracuse but he has been the total opposite of Elway during the 4th quarter. He is young and I would figure be at USC next season. He stuck with the program during this probation so I would figure he wants to be there when they are bowl eligible. Of course millions of dollars would change most minds for the NFL. He has room for improvement and should do it each weekend. Just to throw it in, UCLA sucks sooooo bad.

DBroncos4life
09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
He is fun to watch.

TerrElway
09-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Moore isn't Manning-like with his size, just how he controls the game. I agree he's not the prototype NFL QB but then again, look around the league and tell me just what the "prototype" is anymore.

I freakin' hate BSU but Moore is a legit QB.

I'd take a QB that was athletic over an athlete playing QB anyday as well. That is what concerns me about the proliferation of the spread offense on so many levels below the pros. You just don't have that many great QBs anymore. Lots of fast guys who like to run around if they don't have a receiver after their first read.

~Crash~
09-20-2011, 09:14 PM
William of Wisconsin need some platform shoes but he is stats wise with Luck.

Jay3
09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
If the Broncos pick him, does he get to play?

ZONA
09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
I with ya on that. I also like AZ, NC State, and Boise State's QBs too

At one point during the stanford game, Foles threw 17 straight completions and not all of it was dink and dunk either. There were several intermediate passes as well as a few downfield. I'm sure he'll work himself into the late 1st round or high 2nd round slot.

Vegas_Bronco
09-20-2011, 09:56 PM
F this...QB is the last of our needs if we are 'rebuilding'....This is how you rebuild:

1) Address Offensive Line and Defensive Line (next years draft)
2) Sign 1-2 decent DLineman in the FA
3) Grab a vet FS in the FA
4) lose a lot
5) Draft corners and WR's the next year
6) Grab a few veteran Corners
7) Establish a good run game
8) Get a game manager at QB (aka TEBOW)
9) Draft your rookie QB in year 3
10) Pick up a decent Vet Power Back
11) Fill in the holes with FA signings

You now have a Superb team waiting for a decent QB to mature with a decent vet game manager at qb (remember Plummer and Cutty?).

...never understood why this is soooo damn hard. Just takes patience and a long term plan...who cares who we play next week - y'all are dumbazzes who focus week to week in the NFL - :)

I'd like to see Elway come out with a plan intermixed with Fox's BS. Also the position coaches that don't help the players develop need to be held accountable for their failures just like days of old.

Dagmar
09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
F this...QB is the last of our needs if we are 'rebuilding'....This is how you rebuild:

1) Address Offensive Line and Defensive Line (next years draft)
2) Sign 1-2 decent DLineman in the FA
3) Grab a vet FS in the FA
4) lose a lot
5) Draft corners and WR's the next year
6) Grab a few veteran Corners
7) Establish a good run game
8) Get a game manager at QB (aka TEBOW)
9) Draft your rookie QB in year 3
10) Pick up a decent Vet Power Back
11) Fill in the holes with FA signings

You now have a Superb team waiting for a decent QB to mature with a decent vet game manager at qb (remember Plummer and Cutty?).

...never understood why this is soooo damn hard. Just takes patience and a long term plan...who cares who we play next week - y'all are dumbazzes who focus week to week in the NFL - :)

I'd like to see Elway come out with a plan intermixed with Fox's BS. Also the position coaches that don't help the players develop need to be held accountable for their failures just like days of old.

^5

If we pick a QB I'll bloody scream.

DBroncos4life
09-20-2011, 10:05 PM
I would like to see us get a guy like Blackmon and role with Tebow next year. Should he not pan out then try and draft Derek Carr at some point.

maven
09-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I see nothing wrong with drafting a QB if the team thinks they need one in April. It's just 1 pick. Denver could be down to one QB after this season.

NFLBRONCO
09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Let's see what talent is available at our pick first.

Br0nc0Buster
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
The rule seems to be if you are in a position to draft a franchise qb, you take him

Unless of course you already have one on the roster

If for some reason Elway determines Tebow is not that guy, Im pretty sure well draft a qb high

Its not about building a team before you get a qb, its more about not passing up on the opportunity if it is there IMO

maven
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
The rule seems to be if you are in a position to draft a franchise qb, you take him

Unless of course you already have one on the roster

If for some reason Elway determines Tebow is not that guy, Im pretty sure well draft a qb high

Its not about building a team before you get a qb, its more about not passing up on the opportunity if it is there IMO

And there's nothing wrong giving Tebow some competition in camp next year.

Vegas_Bronco
09-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I would like to see us get a guy like Blackmon and role with Tebow next year. Should he not pan out then try and draft Derek Carr at some point.

I like Blackmon a lot...but we have some major holes in other areas of the roster. We really have never needed a star WR...just need an accurate and confident qb and any serviceable WR becomes very good. If we have anything close to the draft we had last spring for the next 2-3, we will be a very good team within 2-3 years.

epicSocialism4tw
09-20-2011, 11:20 PM
If the Broncos pick him, does he get to play?

Not if Kyle Orton is on the roster. ;D

TheDave
09-20-2011, 11:30 PM
My guess is things play out like this...

Orton limps into the Bye week and the team succumbs to the tebow chants. At that point Tebow is going to be given a chance to get enough wins to keep us from drafting his replacement.

IMO if we end up outside the top 10, we go into next season with Tebow as the starter. On the other hand, if we are in the top 10 or worse top 5 of the draft... Elway will be picking his guy.

If we are sitting there at 5 and one of the top 2 or 3 guys is available, I doubt he could resist.

supermanhr9
09-21-2011, 07:01 AM
Kellen Moore please

I'll drink to this kool aid

Agamemnon
09-21-2011, 07:06 AM

And I take it you think he's a better NFL prospect than Tebow? Seriously? Hilarious!

oubronco
09-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Here is to going into the bye week 1-4. Tebow starts at Miami, while Orton watches from the sidelines instead of starting for the Dolphins.

Your going to be very dissapointed

DBroncos4life
09-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I like Blackmon a lot...but we have some major holes in other areas of the roster. We really have never needed a star WR...just need an accurate and confident qb and any serviceable WR becomes very good. If we have anything close to the draft we had last spring for the next 2-3, we will be a very good team within 2-3 years.

I think Blackmon is Calvin Johnson good. Lloyd might not be back and who knows with Thomas. Royal is pretty much a non factor anymore so really all we have is Decker for the future.

I agree with the holes everywhere, but I also think Blackmon is the best player in the draft at least on O.

TheReverend
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
My guess is things play out like this...

Orton limps into the Bye week and the team succumbs to the tebow chants. At that point Tebow is going to be given a chance to get enough wins to keep us from drafting his replacement.

IMO if we end up outside the top 10, we go into next season with Tebow as the starter. On the other hand, if we are in the top 10 or worse top 5 of the draft... Elway will be picking his guy.

If we are sitting there at 5 and one of the top 2 or 3 guys is available, I doubt he could resist.

Kinda this, but if we limp into the bye 1-4 as is VERY possible and we toss Tebow in, expecting him to dig us OUT of selecting in the top 5 or even top 10 is a tall order.

TheDave
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Kinda this, but if we limp into the bye 1-4 as is VERY possible and we toss Tebow in, expecting him to dig us OUT of selecting in the top 5 or even top 10 is a tall order.

and completely unfair, but it sure seems to be going in that direction.

bowtown
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Luck could do it. :pimp::injured:

I kid... I kid.

TheReverend
09-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Haha well then I completely agree.

Tim has to do one of two things I think:

1. Show enough promise to convince his critics he can do this

2. Fail

Anything in between still has a fan base out for blood lol

bendog
09-21-2011, 09:37 AM

If the staff thought Tebow had a better chance of winning a game, he'd be playing next week. I agree they'll have to play him when the W-L record looks bad. How bad it has to be is anyone's guess. But what they're looking for is to see whether Tebow can run the offense and not whether Tebow is athletic and can "improvise."

TheDave
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
If the staff thought Tebow had a better chance of winning a game, he'd be playing next week. I agree they'll have to play him when the W-L record looks bad. How bad it has to be is anyone's guess. But what they're looking for is to see whether Tebow can run the offense and not whether Tebow is athletic and can "improvise."

Completely agree... At some point the W-L record will likely force their hand.

Add to that I just do not see any chance in the world that Elway passes on a top QB if we end up in the 4-8 range of the draft.

pricejj
09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Your going to be very dissapointed

Orton is benched if the Broncos slip more than one game below .500...there is no logical reason to continue to start him beyond that point.

The fan base will not show up to the stadium, making Tebow's contractual escalators a moot point.

If we lose this weekend against TEN, I would expect a change no later than the bye week.

pricejj
09-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Completely agree... At some point the W-L record will likely force their hand.

Add to that I just do not see any chance in the world that Elway passes on a top QB if we end up in the 4-8 range of the draft.

The only way the Broncos do not draft a QB in the 1st round in 2012 is if:

1. Kyle Orton brings this team to the playoffs, or close (and is resigned).

OR:

2. Tim Tebow starts 8 or more games this year, proving himself as a winning QB (with a close to 60% completion percentage).

...both scenarios are highly unlikely at this point.

bendog
09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Me either ... unless he likes someone like Kapernick in a latter round. There's an irony that Fla's current qb is a good fit for a pro-style and now has a pro-style guy running the offense. Not making any predictions, but I thought there was some murmers that Elway really did like Kapernick. I think Elway, and Fox, would love to have Luck, but I think they both know what a qb has to do in the system they're trying to install. For example, coming out of college, I thought Rex Grossman was a decent fit for shanny's scheme. Delhomme was never going HOF, but he was good enough to get his team to a superbowl they nearly won.

DrFate
09-21-2011, 10:11 AM
How does he look in practice? Does he excel in non-contact drills? Can he check down?

NFLBRONCO
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
We are predicting when Tebow plays starting QB for us. Yet the staff hasn't even made red zone packages for him yet. To me that screams we are riding with Orton most of the season unless he gets hurt.

peacepipe
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Last I checked B. Quinn was the #2 QB,I know they didn't want to hurt Tebows feelings when Fox named both QBs as #2,but why set up redzone plays for a 3rd string QB.