PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Injury Update

mkporter
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
-Eddie out 2-4 with groin injury
-J Thomas out for at at least 2 with an ankle sprain

No word yet on Lloyd, Bailey, and the others.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/19/julius-thomas-eddie-royal-out-at-least-two-weeks/9713/

GreatBronco16
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
So is this actually the 'Why Orton played so bad against Tenn' thread? Just want to check in early if it is.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
So is this actually the 'Why Orton played so bad against Tenn' thread? Just want to check in early if it is.

I was hoping for two replies before the thread got teborted. Oh well, maybe next time. :notthissh

eddie mac
He plays better in adversity.

ozomulsion

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/19/julius-thomas-eddie-royal-out-at-least-two-weeks/9713/

What's up with our pass catching TEs, and injuries? I watched Sheffler lighting it up the last two week.

bendog
09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
I think he'll play badly because he's gonna get killed and Den won't be able to run against that defense. He's a below avg qb on what is probably one of the 4 worst teams in the nfl, and they're down at least one starting wr and the starting TB. I wish him well somewhere else in 2012.

Ratboy
09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
What's up with our pass catching TEs, and injuries? I watched Sheffler lighting it up the last two week.

He had 1 catch for a TD (in each game)

Not exactly lighting it up

ozomulsion
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
He had 1 catch for a TD.

LOL It was one hell of a catch. I just assumed it wasn't his only catch of the game. All he does is catch touchdowns :yayaya:

GreatBronco16
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I was hoping for two replies before the thread got teborted. Oh well, maybe next time. :notthissh

Wow, I didn't even mention the name of that other QB, yet, you call it like that. Wow, just wow.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM

Really? Scheffler has two catches this year. They were both nice catches for touchdowns, but those are the only two.

Tombstone RJ
09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Really? Scheffler has two catches this year. They were both nice catches for touchdowns, but those are the only two.

so all he does is catch touchdowns? ROFL!

s0phr0syne
09-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Is Donnie Avery still available as a FA? His biggest asset preACL was his deep speed and quickness. I know the Rams gave up on him, but typically ACL injuries shouldn't sap deep speed...could be a nice WR to stretch defenses with.

jhns
09-19-2011, 03:38 PM

They said Lloyd should be back as they thought he could go last game. The others are also probably day to day.

This team needs to figure something out. Way to many injuries in three of the last four years. Maybe it's just bad luck but it does seem excessive.

Chris
09-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Matt Willis can make some big catches provided he doesn't let Willis McGahee kill him.

Hercules Rockefeller
09-19-2011, 03:46 PM

God forbid the Mods actually start deleting posts that derail threads

TerrElway
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
They said Lloyd should be back as they thought he could go last game. The others are also probably day to day.

This team needs to figure something out. Way to many injuries in three of the last four years. Maybe it's just bad luck but it does seem excessive.

Yep. Who is the strength and conditioning coach these days? Those are the guys that usually lose their jobs because of recurring tissue injury problems. ACLs and the like are bad luck, hammys, groins, etc. not always bad luck.

Nwp-Apap
09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Yep. Who is the strength and conditioning coach these days? Those are the guys that usually lose their jobs because of recurring tissue injury problems. ACLs and the like are bad luck, hammys, groins, etc. not always bad luck.

Steve Antonopulos. Same guy that's been with the team for over 30 years, amazingly.

DrFate
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
He had 1 catch for a TD (in each game)

I'm not sure what TEs you follow, but that's a hell of a pace...

BroncoLifer
09-19-2011, 04:37 PM

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2011/03/10/Cris%20Carterx-large.jpg

mhgaffney
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Typical idiotic OM sour grapes attitude.

Here are the facts: Sheffler was an terrific TE prospect (credit here goes to Shanny) with great speed and great hands.

Not the biggest strongest TE -- but a real weapon over the middle. We saw Cutler go to him again and again behind the LBs -- with success.

After the fiasco with McD and Cutler -- who can blame Sheffler for wanting out of town.

I just wish we still had him.
MHG

GreatBronco16
09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
God forbid the Mods actually start deleting posts that derail threads

They would need to not be a part of the problem before that can happen.

Kaylore
09-19-2011, 05:38 PM
That sucks. We'll need to make due. Tebow will be our slot guy. :~ohyah!:

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Here are the facts: Sheffler was an terrific TE prospect (credit here goes to Shanny) with great speed and great hands.

Not the biggest strongest TE -- but a real weapon over the middle. We saw Cutler go to him again and again behind the LBs -- with success.

After the fiasco with McD and Cutler -- who can blame Sheffler for wanting out of town.

MHG

He was also fragile and couldn't block to save his life. The guy tends to get overrated or underrated a lot, but rarely does anyone see the truth of it. He was a decent receiving TE that couldn't block and was injury prone. Him leaving only hurt us because McD never bothered to replace him with anyone half decent.

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 08:23 PM

Sounds like the Ghost.

Sheff to the Post doesn't have the same ring...

mkporter
09-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow, I didn't even mention the name of that other QB, yet, you call it like that. Wow, just wow.

I post injury news, you bag on Orton the first reply out of the gate. If you haven't noticed, we have 1000 other threads to discuss our current QB situation.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 11:16 PM

MHG

I don't really care about Scheffler one way or another. He was decent, always lit up SD, but wasn't really all that special otherwise. Was just pointing out that it was kinda silly to say he's been "lighting it up" this year with only two catches. Enjoy living in 2008, though, say hi to Slowick for me.

maven
09-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Even though the injury list is dog piled up, at least they aren't season ending injuries.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Even though the injury list is dog piled up, at least they aren't season ending injuries.

Let's just hope they don't turn into those lingering injuries which the guys keep trying to play through at 75% effectiveness because their backup tops out at 45%. I'm looking at you, Champ.

SoCalBronco
09-19-2011, 11:58 PM

MHG

Well I'll be damned.

Gaff with a terrific post. I guess broken clocks can be right twice a day.

Tom G
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM

If you guys promise not to laugh, here's a suggestion:

I've discovered ballet in my old age. I am amazed at the athleticism and flexibility of the dancers. But they work countless hours stretching every day, mostly on the "bar" (no jokes please, I'm trying to be serious here). A pulled muscle, which seems to be epidemic with our heros, is truely a disaster for a ballet dancer. And it rarely happens with these dancers because of the stretching routines they use.

So why not copy what these dancers do? OK, maybe not as many hours each day, but bring in a dance coach/stretch trainer to tailor stretch routines for the players (and yes, they can stretch without wearing tutus) (hummm, TT in a tutu - kinda rolls off the tongue, doesn't it).

I too am exasperated by all these Bronco non contact injuries that seem to hang on forever. Maybe extra stretching isn't the answer, but it might be worth a try.

PS, take a peek of a youtube of Gillian Murphy or Mikhail Baryshnikov to see the athleticism I'm talking about.

The Joker
09-20-2011, 01:29 AM
http://www.c2ak.com/c2ak_db/uploads/Chris_643_Yao_Meme.jpeg

NUB
09-20-2011, 01:35 AM

Meh.

maher_tyler
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM

He should leave his TD celebrations at home though. The one against the Bucs was terrible, looked like he tried copying what Steve Smith did...