PDA

View Full Version : Ayers

LetsGoBroncos
09-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Thought he played his best game yet. Drew 2 holding calls, and played that fourth and one PERFECTLY

maven
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM
what else was he going to do on that 4th and 1?

montrose
09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
My seats are up high from the end-zones and give the coaches viewpoint and I really focused in on the DL yesterday - Ayers was an animal. Not only was he drawing holding calls but (while Allen was dropping Miller into coverage a majority of the game for some reason) forced Cincy to double team him nearly all game.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 09:58 AM

He could have bit on the playaction, and also could have hesitated and left his feet anticipating a throw from Dalton. Ayers played that perfectly, IMO.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Ayers did have a nice game yesterday. In addition to the 4th down stop, he was the guy that made the play on 3rd and 1 in the first half. I think it was Mays who got the tackle, but Ayers was the one who blew the play up by driving his man 3 yards into the backfield.

There were a couple of other plays where I took note that he was disruptive. Hopefully it's the start of an uptrend in his play.

Requiem
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Throw your hands up for Robert Ay-Ay-Ay Ayers Ay-Ay-Ay Ayers.

Steve Sewell
09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Ayers did have a nice game yesterday. In addition to the 4th down stop, he was the guy that made the play on 3rd and 1 in the first half. I think it was Mays who got the tackle, but Ayers was the one who blew the play up by driving his man 3 yards into the backfield.

There were a couple of other plays where I took note that he was disruptive. Hopefully it's the start of an uptrend in his play.

That was Miller who made that play. Assuming you are referring to the one where Benson was forced to cut to the outside where Mays made the tackle.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
...Ayers was an animal...

Looks like the haters and drama queens will have to tone down the "bust" talk for at least another week. Thank goodness they still have Orton to bash...

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 10:10 AM
That was Miller who made that play. Assuming you are referring to the one where Benson was forced to cut to the outside where Mays made the tackle.

Ayers was lined up inside was the one who blew the play up. He was three yards into the backfield when Benson got the ball, and forced benson outside, where Miller got a piece of him, and Mays cleaned up.

crush17
09-19-2011, 10:11 AM
He played great yesterday.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 10:16 AM

If he takes one false step inside because of the PA, Dalton gets outside and gets the ball to AJ Green for a 1st down.

enjolras
09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Legitimate coaching is a really nice thing isn't it?

Br0nc0Buster
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
good to see him taking to his new(old) position and scheme well

if he can draw double teams that will really open up things for Doom and Miller

If only they would rush Miller more...

schaaf
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
IMO he's our best run defender and while he hasn't produced big sack numbers Patrick Smyth put on his twitter a couple weeks ago that Ayers has one of the highest QB pressures in the league

Br0nc0Buster
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM
IMO he's our best run defender and while he hasn't produced big sack numbers Patrick Smyth put on his twitter a couple weeks ago that Ayers has one of the highest QB pressures in the league

yeah he had like 5 week one, and that was impressive considering how little Oakland through the ball
and when they did it seemed like is was mostly dump offs

Steve Prefontaine
09-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Looks like the haters and drama queens will have to tone down the "bust" talk for at least another week. Thank goodness they still have Orton to bash...

This post is supposed to help the "drama"? Come on man, you just dropped to the same level.

Steve Prefontaine
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
I thought Ayers had a great game. He was disruptive seemed to be in the backfield quite often. Definitely encouraging.

OrangeCrush2724
09-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Legitimate coaching is a really nice thing isn't it?

I thought we made a lot of mental mistakes yesterday. Coaching is part to blame on that. But making mistakes (and hopefully) learning from them and still winning feels good.

Chris
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I thought we made a lot of mental mistakes yesterday. Coaching is part to blame on that. But making mistakes (and hopefully) learning from them and still winning feels good.

Please list.

Bigdawg26
09-19-2011, 10:41 AM

I think Bunkley is the best run stuffer we have. Although Ayers aint to far behind!

BigPlayShay
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1549498132/cinci.jpg

gyldenlove
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
This is the same Ayers we saw in the first few games last year, he is playing very instinctive football, reacting very fast and forcing the opponents to account for him. It would be a huge benefit to have Dumervil back to split the opponents, between the 2 of them Miller will get a lot of room to blitz out of the base formation because we will be forcing a lot of double teams on both sides.

alkemical
09-19-2011, 10:52 AM
This is the same Ayers we saw in the first few games last year, he is playing very instinctive football, reacting very fast and forcing the opponents to account for him. It would be a huge benefit to have Dumervil back to split the opponents, between the 2 of them Miller will get a lot of room to blitz out of the base formation because we will be forcing a lot of double teams on both sides.

Not only that, but if at least one of the many draft picks from the previous tenure can pan out, it will help the rebuilding process.

schaaf
09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
I think Bunkley is the best run stuffer we have. Although Ayers aint to far behind!

Yep.... Bunkley is right up there, I'm very glad he's a Bronco

55CrushEm
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
My seats are up high from the end-zones and give the coaches viewpoint and I really focused in on the DL yesterday - Ayers was an animal. Not only was he drawing holding calls but (while Allen was dropping Miller into coverage a majority of the game for some reason) forced Cincy to double team him nearly all game.

This concerned me. We should maximize this guy's talents....which is rushing the passer.....yet we were dropping him back all day.

Hope it's not a trend.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 12:01 PM
This concerned me. We should maximize this guy's talents....which is rushing the passer.....yet we were dropping him back all day.

Hope it's not a trend.
Miller was all over the place yesterday. That's exactly what we want from him. Turning him into a one trick pony would be a waste of his ability.

Did you notice Brrrrline pointing out how ineffective the TE was this week after having a big game last weekend?

rugbythug
09-19-2011, 12:23 PM

Hope it's not a trend.

He played well in coverage and was doubled every rush. He is helping the team.

Elway 4 Life
09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
With a healthy D, yesterdays game would not have been close.

Rock Chalk
09-19-2011, 01:08 PM
With a healthy D, and healthy receiver corps, yesterdays game would not have been close.

FYP

tnedator
09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Mayock loved him when drafted, but said it would take a few years for him to develop. Said that in three years (this year I guess) he would be considered the best defensive player drafted in '09.

His stint at linebacker probably didn't help that development, but there is no question that he looked real good yesterday.

strafen
09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Looks like the haters and drama queens will have to tone down the "bust" talk for at least another week. Thank goodness they still have Orton to bash...The team mediocricy is a direct result of having mediocre players; Orton, Moreno, Ayers, just to name a few...

And yes, Ayers is reaching bust status, just like Moreno.
When you look at the class of 2009 of defensive players that got drafted along with Ayers and compare to where they are in relation to Ayers, the answer should become apparent for you...

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM

Ayers always seems to draw double teams for some reason. It is a good thing because that gives the rest of our makeshift DL to make a play one on one, which they haven't yet.

Vickerson had a couple plays where he got some nice push and took away the ability for Dalton to step up.

I do wish they would send Miller more.

KevinJames
09-19-2011, 02:35 PM
The team mediocricy is a direct result of having mediocre players; Orton, Moreno, Ayers, just to name a few...

When you look at the class of 2009 of defensive players that got drafted along with Ayers and compare to where they are in relation to Ayers, the answer should become apparent for you...

Idiots are going to be idiots.

Ayers is a solid player and so is Moreno, he may not be the guy you thought he was when we drafted him but hes far from a bust he should be used as more of a roll player he is a solid 3rd down back and he has good elusiveness in the open field, some of the best hands for a RB in the NFL period, he is also a solid pass protector.

UberBroncoMan
09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
The team mediocricy is a direct result of having mediocre players; Orton, Moreno, Ayers, just to name a few...

I'll take a guy who forces a lot of QB pressures and double-teams over a Jarvis Moss.

It could be so much worse.

vonqkilla
09-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Ayers best game was vs Tenn last year, and its not close. He owned the edge last year.

alkemical
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
having DE's, who understand zone coverges can be handy if you ever wanted to get 'sophisticated' with blitzes/zones.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 06:40 PM
With a healthy D, yesterdays game would not have been close.

With something resembling an offensive leader, yesterday's game would not have been close.

alkemical
09-19-2011, 06:43 PM
With something resembling an offensive leader, yesterday's game would not have been close.

#sadface

WABronco
09-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Ayers best game was vs Tenn last year, and its not close. He owned the edge last year.

He totally did. He was a bull against the run. The pass rush hasn't been there but he's not a waste of space like most of his teammates.