PDA

View Full Version : Orton

Pages : [1] 2 3

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Well done on the win Kyle.

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.

The Joker
09-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Well done on the win Kyle...

...I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.

Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponents running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.

Que
09-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Yup, the haters would have a lot more credibility if they'd be willing to give the guy at least a little bit of credit. He's very mediocre, at best, but look what happens when he gets a little bit of run support and the D is able to contain the opponenting running game. Like all QB's, the guy needs some help. He got some yesterday.

Not to douche it up but I gave him some cred in the victory thread. Ya, he's very mediocre but the second TD pass to Decker was a thing of beauty.

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2011, 06:46 AM
It was the new helmet.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Eddie mac is awesome.

It's like he gets into a drunken rage every Sunday while watching the game, posts on the forum until he passes out in a drunken stupor and then wakes up feeling sharp, insightful and calm and comes on the forum and makes some nice posts.

I'm grand after a win.LOL:chiefssux:chiefssux:chiefssux:alky::alky:

strafen
09-19-2011, 06:55 AM

No it doesn't paper over the cracks nor does it excuse the way he played in the first game but for the man to play for the majority of the game yesterday without his 3 best WR and starting RB and still win was a decent achievement, given the support he gets from the stands, at least there was more support on the field yesterday.

If I hadn't watched that game yesterday and had come on here for the latter part/aftermath, I'd have thought Kyle had played multiple positions given it was his fault we couldn't cover Green or Simpson and it was also his fault we couldn't block Johnson for holding him, afterall the defense let the Bengals back in this game, considering they only scored 3 ****ing points from the Orton fumble which was caused by Clady anyway.

I'm not an Orton apologist but the man cant play on his own and up until yesterday he was attempting to do just that.

With no WR I don't know how he did it.
He's better than John Elway was. The guy is a winner!

bronco militia
09-19-2011, 07:00 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rs51u5UHxdA/SeejSp5474I/AAAAAAAABIA/HVn-kybShHY/s400/preview_image_thumbnail.jpg

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.

jhns
09-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Great play half the time and a seven year vet making rookie mistakes the other half...

bendog
09-19-2011, 07:23 AM
I hear Tebow's telling the team they need to put him in at the end because nobody but him takes a knee

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Kyle Orton sucks more so than normal at being a QB right now. Everybody knows it. So there is no need to kiss his worthless ass with this thread.

Who won the game GB??? Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.

OABB
09-19-2011, 08:05 AM
what was orton on third down?

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Who won the game GB??? Certainly wasn't the "bend over it's a rookie playing QB" defense.

He made one mistake the whole game and that was down to our supposed pro-bowl lineman not being able to hold off Johnson.

He had Decker and Willis to throw to, that was it. I'd love to see how the other vets in this league do in that situation and not up against a Broncos secondary that takes every opponent to superstar status.

Orton is nowhere near the weakest link in this franchise and when given even a half hearted effort from the players around him he can find a way to win games, despite the defense and special teams trying their best to lose them.

LOL

Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...

What is really funny about your Orton love is the fact that he still isn't outplaying what Tebow did in those three games last season. He again played worse than Tebow against the Raiders. You love a QB that can't outplay a young guy that you all cpaim can't read defenses or even throw a football...

22nd in points, 23rd in yards

Those are the rankings the great KO has led us to against two **** teams.

Archer81
09-19-2011, 08:07 AM

Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

:Broncos:

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:09 AM
LOL

Any other QB in this league would have won the game last week. His play this week was good but nothing close to what you are claiming. The run game and defense played very well. You Ortonites throwing everyone else under the bus to hype your hero is pretty lame. The defense allowed them to complete one third down and you say they are bad?...

So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then??? I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah...totally Clady's fault Kyle held the ball to long and did not step far enough up into the pocket...

4 seconds is too long??? That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:12 AM
So Vaughn and Goodman played well in the 2nd half then??? I must've missed all those 1st and 2nd down catches and points for the comeback. Orton utilised what he had on the field and won with it. I've said all along he cant win games on his own, last week his supporting cast on offense didn't show up, this week they did and we won so I dont see a problem with congratulating a player who seems to have the world on his shoulders cos you think he plays all 24 positions on the team.

I think he plays every position? Sure, that or you are just a drama queen. I edited my post, you should read the rest.

You love a QB that holds this team back. Good for you!

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:14 AM
4 seconds is too long??? That's debatable imo, but haters are gonna hate. Your opinion.

The announcers said the same thing. You are the only person that thinks it was Cladys fault. And yes, four seconds of not moving your feet is WAY too long in this league. Welcome to football 101.

Archer81
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM

4 seconds for a person of average athletic ability to get the ball out is not an impossibility.

Clady ran Johnson away from Kyle. Johnson, using his freak arms knocked the ball out...because Kyle did not step up into the pocket. It's a valid criticism, btw and not some random thing to pick on Kyle for. He had an average game and did nothing to hurt the team. The best we can hope for.

HAT
Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.

lonestar
While he is not a HOF QB he is not As bad as some want to believe.
Was the fumble his fault? I saw it as Clady not playing up to his " pro bowl" level. Is he still not 100% or just overrated in he past.

And so many want to think that he is the only qb that has had a ball slip out of his hands. Atleast two last week besides him and then there was the infamous cutlet fumble that Houckli blew dead on our only win against San in 08 which BTW would not have been a win, save his FUBAR.

So on a wet day Orton drops one **** happens just like it has for I'd guess every other Qb at sometime during their career. Seem to remember cutlet dropping a bunch while in DEN.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Do you actually enjoy watching Broncos football on Sundays jhns? You come across as being way too uptight to enjoy watching a football game.

I love it. How about you?

I really like how the team is looking. I think Fox has us on the right path. I have doubts that he sees Orton as the answer to the QB position but he needs time to correct the mess your hero left.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm a drama queen for saying well done to a player who won our first game of the season with 2 fit WR???

Yeah jog on, as I said baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, keep following

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Orton converted 2 third downs in 5 chances via passing with a sack in the red zone.

Alright, I guess.

oubronco
09-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Only way to get this jizzfest over with is to put Tebow in and let him shyt the bed

But of course it won't be his fault though

Archer81
09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Was the fumble his fault? I saw it as Clady not playing up to his " pro bowl" level. Is he still not 100% or just overrated in he past.

And so many want to think that he is the only qb that has had a ball slip out of his hands. Atleast two last week besides him and then there was the infamous cutlet fumble that Houckli blew dead on our only win against San in 08 which BTW would not have been a win, save his FUBAR.

So on a wet day Orton drops one **** happens just like it has for I'd guess every other Qb at sometime during their career. Seem to remember cutlet dropping a bunch while in DEN.

For other QB's its a rarity to have mistakes happen to them...Kyle is the nexus of the universe of oddball ****ups. Then when you add pressure from the other team to Kyle, the oddball ****ups seem to multiply like throwing water on gremlins.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm a drama queen for saying well done to a player who won our first game of the season with 2 fit WR???

Yeah jog on, as I said baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, keep following

No, you are a drama queen for saying people think of Orton as all 24 players. Hiw was that not clear?

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 08:23 AM

He was lucky he wasn't drummed out of there. He's horrible. Quit kissing his ass because as the QB of this team...he is the weakest link.

crush17
It was the new helmet.

Yeah buddy! Glad someone else noticed it!

jhns

Orton had a clear pocket and Clady pushed the end back by more than he should have needed. Orton just can't work a pocket. He needs to step up as every other QB in the league does. Please stop throwing Clady under the bus to protect **** play from the QB.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 08:24 AM

If he had a proper throwing motion it wouldn't have been fumbled...this week or last week.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:26 AM
No, you are a drama queen for saying people think of Orton as all 24 players. Hiw was that not clear?

Try speaking English for a change. As for me stating that some fans have the mindset that Orton plays all 24 positions on the team is simple. He was blamed for the entire loss last week. He's been blamed for everything since things went sour under McDaniels. I dont see too many threads about that woeful offensive line or that turd of a 1st rd pick running back, how about that d-line that once again let McFadden touch 150, dont get me started on the linebackers or defensive backs. This team is lacking in quality in every single position bar possibly WR (when they're fit), so dont gimme that crap that Orton's to blame for everything.

Orton is a scapegoat for a woeful franchise run by a drunkard.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:28 AM
He was lucky he wasn't drummed out of there. He's horrible. Quit kissing his ass because as the QB of this team...he is the weakest link.

I think you should buy a season ticket and sit with the other sheep.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Try speaking English for a change. As for me stating that some fans have the mindset that Orton plays all 24 positions on the team is simple. He was blamed for the entire loss last week. He's been blamed for everything since things went sour under McDaniels. I dont see too many threads about that woeful offensive line or that turd of a 1st rd pick running back, how about that d-line that once again let McFadden touch 150, dont get me started on the linebackers or defensive backs. This team is lacking in quality in every single position bar possibly WR (when they're fit), so dont gimme that crap that Orton's to blame for everything.

Orton is part of the problem. You don't see it because you don't know what you are talking about. You have made this very clear with your throwing everyone else under the bus to protect your hero Orton. The guy that has once again led this offense to a ranking in the 20s. Everyone talks about the other problems but you are a drama queen so that doesn't allow you to see it.

bendog
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Only way to get this jizzfest over with is to put Tebow in and let him shyt the bed

But of course it won't be his fault though

They'd be posting it was EFX's fault for not running Urban Meyer's offense.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I think he plays every position? Sure, that or you are just a drama queen.

Also, how is this not English? I mean, it is obvious that you are stupid but I didn't think it was this bad...

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Orton is part of the problem. You don't see it because you don't know what you are talking about. You have made this very clear with your throwing everyone else under the bus to protect your hero Orton. The guy that has once again led this offense to a ranking in the 20s. Everyone talks about the other problems but you are a drama queen so that doesn't allow you to see it.

Rankings, rankings, rankings. I look and all I see is 1 win and 1 loss.

You stick to fantasy football boy and let the adults look at the divisional standings. He's John Fox's QB and he's just won a game with a weakened supporting cast.

I certainly dont love him and dont even want him under center but he's Denver's guy right now, so I'll support him. Meanwhile, whiney fans like you pray for losses so Tebow gets in, really pathetic when you think about it.

As for suck for Luck, anyone who wants that can go and ****.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I think you should buy a season ticket and sit with the other sheep.

LOL...an Irishmen talking about sheep....that's rich.

On the seventh day the Lord rested, but before that he did, he squatted over the side of England and what came out of him... was Ireland. :P

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
LOL...an Irishmen talking about sheep....that's rich.

On the seventh day the Lord rested, but before that he did, he squatted over the side of England and what came out of him... was Ireland.

That would be the Welsh Garcia.:giggle:

As for the sheep reference is to the band of dumb****s praying we lose so Tebow gets in. Rather pathetic.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Rankings, rankings, rankings. I look and all I see is 1 win and 1 loss.

You stick to fantasy football boy and let the adults look at the divisional standings. He's John Fox's QB and he's just won a game with a weakened supporting cast.

I certainly dont love him and dont even want him under center but he's Denver's guy right now, so I'll support him. Meanwhile, whiney fans like you pray for losses so Tebow gets in, really pathetic when you think about it.

As for suck for Luck, anyone who wants that can go and ****.

See, this is you being a drama queen again. You see us at third in the division and that is why you are excited about Orton? I guess. I really wasn't expecting you to suddenly start making sense.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
That would be the Welsh Garcia.:giggle:

As for the sheep reference is to the band of dumb****s praying we lose so Tebow gets in. Rather pathetic.

LOL...my family is desended from Anglessy, ****er. :)

I don't care who the QB is as long as we win consistently. That ain't gonna happen with Kyla Orton and his merry mishaps. He's a pussy.

You ever hear of Irish Alzheimer’s?

Apparently they forget everything but the grudges.

bronco militia
09-19-2011, 08:45 AM
wake up kyle!!!! you dropped the ball again!
http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-264257/cache/xBRONCOS_BENGALS_JL4669x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50 .sjpg?1316445756

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:45 AM
See, this is you being a drama queen again. You see us at third in the division and that is why you are excited about Orton? I guess. I really wasn't expecting you to suddenly start making sense.

This is the last time I will bother my arse quoting you.

1. I actually am happy we won a game.

2. I thought Orton played pretty well without his 1 and 2 WR's, even No3 if you count Thomas out.

3. I dont care if he completes 2-10 on 3rd down, if those 2 are part of scoring drives and we win.

4. The defense is still ****, hardly his fault.

5. I've said numerous times I dont think Orton is the answer but I would bet my house on him winning more games than Tebow at this point in both their careers but it still comes down to supporting cast for both.

6. He's Fox's No1 QB and 2 games in I still support our HC. I might rave a bit during games but that's just the way I am, take it or leave it.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:47 AM
LOL...my family is desended from Anglessy, ****er. :)

I don't care who the QB is as long as we win consistently. That ain't gonna happen with Kyla Orton and his merry mishaps. He's a p***Y.

You ever hear of Irish Alzheimer’s?

Apparently they forget everything but the grudges.

Whilst he's still our QB I'll support him. I'll congratulate him when we win and he's played well and lambast him when we lose and he's contributed.

I have a wee touch of alchy alzheims.

OABB
09-19-2011, 08:48 AM
how is rooting for orton to be benched bad? everyone that cares about the broncos should want that. its raider chicken **** to root for crap, not to root to fix it.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:53 AM
This is the last time I will bother my arse quoting you.

1. I actually am happy we won a game.

2. I thought Orton played pretty well without his 1 and 2 WR's, even No3 if you count Thomas out.

3. I dont care if he completes 2-10 on 3rd down, if those 2 are part of scoring drives and we win.

4. The defense is still ****, hardly his fault.

5. I've said numerous times I dont think Orton is the answer but I would bet my house on him winning more games than Tebow at this point in both their careers but it still comes down to supporting cast for both.

6. He's Fox's No1 QB and 2 games in I still support our HC. I might rave a bit during games but that's just the way I am, take it or leave it.

What does this have to do with what you quoted? Why are you still throwing everyone else under the bus to protect Orton? Nothing you post makes any sense...

strafen
09-19-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes, 4 seconds in football is an eternity
Why do you start this stupid thread, if you're not expecting to be flamed?

I reckon it's time for the sheep to give it a rest until the Tennessee game.Give it a rest?
Then don't start a thread about it. Hello?!!!

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 08:54 AM

Are you kidding me with this? 4 seconds is absolutely too long to just stand there and not work the pocket. It's not too long if you have an iota of pocket presence, but clearly that isn't Kyle.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:55 AM
how is rooting for orton to be benched bad? everyone that cares about the broncos should want that. its raider chicken **** to root for crap, not to root to fix it.

I remember something similar happening with Cutler. How'd that **** work out??? Oh and Cutler is ten times the QB Tebow is/was at that time. Fair does Plummer is/was far better than Orton.

Whatever will be, will be Oabb. If Orton plays badly enough I'm sure Fox will look to make some changes but I will never root for the other team to win just so I can see another QB come in.

jhns
09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
I remember something similar happening with Cutler. How'd that **** work out??? Oh and Cutler is ten times the QB Tebow is/was at that time. Fair does Plummer is/was far better than Orton.

Whatever will be, will be Oabb. If Orton plays badly enough I'm sure Fox will look to make some changes but I will never root for the other team to win just so I can see another QB come in.

You are still being a huge drama queen.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Give it a rest?
Then don't start a thread about it. Hello?!!!

Dont start a thread about supporting our team's QB after we won a game. No I'll just go and read the other 40 berating him from the major IQ'ers on this site.

BTW I couldn't care less about being flamed.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM

I think he's hoping that people can have some perspective and maybe we can have a rational discussion about football. Maybe give a guy a little bit of credit for getting the job done under difficult circumstances. He gets all the blame when we lose but none of the credit when we win. We all know he isn't very good, but give the guy a break when he deserves it. Otherwise you have no credibility.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 09:04 AM

That's rich coming from an Orton supporter. With ESPiN as your shepherd you're fed a steady diet of "he gives Denver the best chance to win", and you gobble it like the good little sheep that you are.

"Feed me more, Mr. Media, feed me more. I'll go anywhere you take me"!

Brewer
09-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I don't think Orton looked as good as the ROOKIE QB for the Bungles. That guy outplayed an 8 year veteran.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 09:11 AM
I think he's hoping that people can have some perspective and maybe we can have a rational discussion about football. Maybe give a guy a little bit of credit for getting the job done under difficult circumstances. He gets all the blame when we lose but none of the credit when we win. We all know he isn't very good, but give the guy a break when he deserves it. Otherwise you have no credibility.

Yup. Orton had a Tebow-like 13 YPC this game. Pisses people off.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't think Orton looked as good as the ROOKIE QB for the Bungles. That guy outplayed an 8 year veteran.

Orton is a poor man's Andy Dalton.

Tombstone RJ

Dalton and Green... yep, thats a good young combo. I agree, Orton looked just about as good as a rookie QB.

2KBack

I always find this concept funny. It's not like Orton was out there in coverage. One guy got to play against back up corners with his starting WR's and the other guy got to play starting corners with his back up WR's.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

That guy with his full receiving corps and starting running back? That guy?

Yeah. Wow. Apples to apples there.

That said, Dalton does look pretty dang good.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
You are still being a huge drama queen.

And you are not? Please.

Rigs11
09-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Even in victory the tebowners are miserable..too funny

maher_tyler
09-19-2011, 09:22 AM

On the fumble he held onto the ball WAY to long. On the TD pass the safety took a terrible angle. It's a throw i would expect a 7 year vet make, it was nothing special. Orton is nothing special and never will be!

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 09:23 AM
That guy with his full receiving corps and starting running back? That guy?

Yeah. Wow. Apples to apples there.

That said, Dalton does look pretty dang good.

Camp Orton, where apologies run like rivers.

DBroncos4life
09-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Even in victory the tebowners are miserable..too funny

Well we only won cause he played.

zdoor
I REALLY DON"T like Orton but I felt for him Sunday. ****ty situation and bad coaching move on the 3 active WR's. He played one of his better games. Still very mediocre and my stance hasn't changed. His leash should be epically short based on his 2 years of abysmal here.

maher_tyler

Hilarious!

Darkdoc
09-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Orton isn't a great QB even if he was with a good team, but your points are well taken.

Getting away from the players, we have a head coach coming here off of a 3-13 season, who knows there are likely no other head coach jobs waiting if he hatches a turd in Denver - couple that with a guy who thinks old-ways football anyway, and you have a head coach unwilling to take many chances. He is playing an ultra conservative game plan and I fear we will see very little innovation that may present any risk. This also leads to no Tebow until he is forced.

Lastly, we have Elway in a first executive football position with his legacy team. He, too, is thinking I don't want to screw this up (example - like Pioli has in KC). He too just can't force himself to play a QB like Tebow - he is not a pocket passer, and we would pretty much have to re-make the playbook to focus on Tebow's strength's. Not going to happen when we need to play it safe and protect that legacy.

I'm not wild about it, but at present, I don't think much is likely to change.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 09:45 AM

You're totally right. Having nobody wideouts and a backup running back is just an excuse, not valid at all.

Do you even watch football, Deadhead?

MagicHef
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I like Orton, I just don't think he should have been handed the starting job without any competition, especially after leading the team to the worst record in franchise history last season.

Also, did he suffer a head injury against Oakland? His helmet was enormous.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM

What would they be apologizing for? Did you happen to notice who won the game? Pretty sad that I have to say "scoreboard!" to a guy who's supposedly a fan of the same team I am...

maher_tyler
09-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm glad we won. It's a game we should have won in the first place. I'll give Orton credit for working with what he had. At the same time it was the Cincinatti Bengals @ home! If we win any of our next 3 games i'll be shocked. I don't think it's that the Tebow crowd wants us to lose, it's that they're tired of seeing a QB in Orton that is never going to get better. He is at the peak of his game. At least with Tebow we have potential. It's going to interesting to see what the Orton crowd has to say when Orton is one the the bigger reasons we lose our next 3 games. I want us to win but reality says we lose our next 3.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm glad we won. It's a game we should have won in the first place. I'll give Orton credit for working with what he had. At the same time it was the Cincinatti Bengals @ home! If we win any of our next 3 games i'll be shocked. I don't think it's that the Tebow crowd wants us to lose, it's that they're tired of seeing a QB in Orton that is never going to get better. He is at the peak of his game. At least with Tebow we have potential. It's going to interesting to see what the Orton crowd has to say when Orton is one the the bigger reasons we lose our next 3 games. I want us to win but reality says we lose our next 3.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

If Orton played poorly yesterday and we lost, I was ready to see Tebow out there. I'm not beholden to any one player on this team, unlike many of you, and I'd never ever actively not root for a team score or victory because "my guy" wasn't on the field.

That said, what Orton managed yesterday was pretty damn good. I'd like to see more of that.

And if we're 1-4 after 5 weeks, but have been competitive in every game, I'm not sure I'd be screaming for Tebow. There's a LOT of problems on this team. Kyle Orton is on the list, but he's nowhere near the top.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm in the Denver Broncos camp. Whoever they play I'll support until he stinks out the place on a regular basis.

BTW anyone making comparisons between Dalton and Orton is having a laugh. Compare the lines on either side then compare the defenses. We played very well in the first half, then Dalton let it rip and destroyed our DB's, it was pretty clear to me how open their receivers were compared to ours. Orton found a away to win with a weakened team yet still Broncos fans dont acknowledge that.

I find that a little bemusing. I've said numerous times on this thread I dont love the guy, I wouldn't even start him, but I'm not paid over $1m a year to run this team, Fox is.

teknic
09-19-2011, 10:21 AM
I am very glad that the Broncos won this game, despite almost losing it in the second half. The players kept their composure and stopped a comeback. Great win!

I am still not entirely satisfied with Orton's play. Sure, he was missing receivers, but he looked pedestrian out there. If the offense is going to be called similarly to the Bengals game all season, Tebow is a perfect fit. Tebow goes for the deep ball often, compared to Orton who favours the screen or to dump it to a running back. Since Tebow throws deep more often, the defense would probably spread out and back up a little more, taking some pressure off of the running game, and it could make for some big plays out of play-action. Add to the fact that Tebow can run, bootleg, or run the option, this offense could be deadly.

teknic
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM
There's a LOT of problems on this team. Kyle Orton is on the list, but he's nowhere near the top.

Yes, he is.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 10:23 AM

No that guy outplayed a tired defense with no pass rush and woeful cornerbacks. 1 play kept Orton and the offense's effort in the win column.

Sooner or later a unit lacking Dumervil, Champ and DJ is gonna give up chunks of yards and points, I'm just surprised they held them so well in the first half.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 10:25 AM

The same goddamn apologies you Tebow nutlickers use to justify his poor preseason performance. He was playing with the second string, hewas playing against the first string.

You guys are a ****ing joke and a disgrace to Bronco fans.

maher_tyler
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM

If Orton played poorly yesterday and we lost, I was ready to see Tebow out there. I'm not beholden to any one player on this team, unlike many of you, and I'd never ever actively not root for a team score or victory because "my guy" wasn't on the field.

That said, what Orton managed yesterday was pretty damn good. I'd like to see more of that.

And if we're 1-4 after 5 weeks, but have been competitive in every game, I'm not sure I'd be screaming for Tebow. There's a LOT of problems on this team. Kyle Orton is on the list, but he's nowhere near the top.

Just being real, i don't think our next 3 games are going to be competitive at all. I'm not sure Tebow is the answer at QB but would like at some point this season, to see what he has.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM

If we're 1-4 whats the point of continuing with Orton? He won't be back next year. We won't pay him more than market value and I seriously doubt he wants to return to Denver where he will always be the guy keeping the seat warm for the next guy. If it plays out like that it needs to be Tebow or Quinn to see what we have moving forward. The argument for Orton becomes pretty much moot at 1-4. Orton looks just like he's looked the last 2 years, at that point it would be time to see what else we have.

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think the Titans, Packers, and Chuggers will fall into the "who wants to give it away more" mode we've seen during last two games.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 10:37 AM
The same goddamn apologies you Tebow nutlickers use to justify his poor preseason performance. He was playing with the second string, hewas playing against the first string.

You're getting a bit carried away. Your getting to the point where your posts are as redundant as the posters you complain about. Not wanting Orton is as much about Orton to many, as it is about any other QB on the roster.

maven
09-19-2011, 10:38 AM
We won't pay him more than market value and I seriously doubt he wants to return to Denver where he will always be the guy keeping the seat warm for the next guy.

Realistically, where is he going to go? Orton will definitely come back if he gets a decent contract. I could see a possible scenario where Orton is brought back, Tebow is traded, Quinn is released, and Denver drafts a franchise QB.

teknic
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Our second string receivers were never the issue. The issue was the second string OL. Orton still had the benefit of a more competent group of offensive lineman.

teknic
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Realistically, where is he going to go? Orton will definitely come back if he gets a decent contract. I could see a possible scenario where Orton is brought back, Tebow is traded, Quinn is released, and Denver drafts a franchise QB.

If Tebow is traded before given a chance to start, I might explode.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
The same goddamn apologies you Tebow nutlickers use to justify his poor preseason performance. I don't think anyone needs to apologize for Tebow's pre-season. It was solid.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 10:41 AM

May I send you some TNT?

maven
09-19-2011, 10:42 AM

It wouldn't surprise me and it's definitely a possibility.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
If we're 1-4 whats the point of continuing with Orton? He won't be back next year. We won't pay him more than market value and I seriously doubt he wants to return to Denver where he will always be the guy keeping the seat warm for the next guy. If it plays out like that it needs to be Tebow or Quinn to see what we have moving forward. The argument for Orton becomes pretty much moot at 1-4. Orton looks just like he's looked the last 2 years, at that point it would be time to see what else we have.

The argument for Orton was moot after 3-10 last year.

jhns
09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
And you are not? Please.

Nope. I can start though.

All Orton fans hate this franchise. You are all the same people that loved McDaniels. You all seem to hate everyone but Orton and continually throw everyone else under the bus. It is very clear tgat those supporting Orton could care less if we win or lose games as long as poor little Orton gets to continue playing. Why don't all of you quit calling yourselves Bronco fans when you clearly aren't. I have never seen fans that like their team to be such losers. You all fit right in with Orton and his loser attitude.

Rigs11
09-19-2011, 10:46 AM

We play hasselbeck,Rodgers and rivers in the next 3 games.I think which qb starts for us is the least of our worries.if our d doesn't step up we will lose.I'm sure the tebowners will find a way to blame it all on orton though.

teknic
09-19-2011, 10:47 AM
It wouldn't surprise me and it's definitely a possibility.

I would lose all respect for the FO, honestly. We could draft a legitimate defensive player to continue improving the defense (MLB,DT,CB) instead of gambling on another rookie QB. While Luck is supposedly the best QB prospect in quite a while, he isn't guaranteed to succeed. Which is why it makes no sense to continue ignoring our defensive needs and not give our 1st round pick QB a chance.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
The argument for Orton was moot after 3-10 last year.

While I agree, giving the FO the benefit of the doubt goes away at 1-4... At that point, come on... How many QB's have we had in the last 30 years that have captained a worse stretch and kept their jobs??

cutthemdown
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
If Orton had a killer defense Broncos could go to the playoffs and beyond.

AlphaSeirra
09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
With Tebow 'supposedly' falling to 4th string in the preseason, (ignore stats)

and with the staff failing to use Tim at QB now, (drafted da pickle)

WHY was he NOT at least offered in trade to the Phins when they said NO on that 'best chance to win' Or-Ton dude?

Riddle me dat one scat-mans..... :bash:

Being in Denver has been NO BOON for Tim so far, and imoho, him getting out is better the sooner..... :stuck:

zdoor
09-19-2011, 10:52 AM

So could most of the QB's in the league...

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
With Tebow 'supposedly' falling to 4th string in the preseason, (ignore stats)

and with the staff failing to use Tim at QB now, (drafted da pickle)

WHY was he NOT at least offered in trade to the Phins when they said NO on that 'best chance to win' Or-Ton dude?

Riddle me dat one scat-mans..... :bash:

Being in Denver has been NO BOON for Tim so far, and imoho, him getting out is better the sooner..... :stuck:

This,.....and take your Goddamn fans with you. PS do it quickly so the door doesn't hit ya in the ****ing ass....

bendog
09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think anyone needs to apologize for Tebow's pre-season. It was solid.

for a rookie

Dedhed

If poop wasn't poop, it wouldn't smell like poop when you stepped in it.

WolfpackGuy
Has Orton ever shown the ability in Denver to go score for score with another team?

You damn near have to have a perfect game from the defense or an opponent who is chittier than the Broncos for them to win.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
for a rookie

?

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't think anyone needs to apologize for Tebow's pre-season. It was solid.

Thanks for the neg rep you little Corkswallower. (was that better buttercup?)

bendog
09-19-2011, 10:59 AM

Is there no school today?

The Joker
09-19-2011, 11:01 AM
The vehemently pro and anti-Tebow brigades on here are both as tedious as ****.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Eddie mac is awesome.

What disturbs me. I am following along on the thread yesterday as I had two functions with my kids and I swear Kyle Orton was ****ting the bed inspite of the Broncos winning. I then find out he throws 60%, no ints, couple of tds and almost 200 yards. Unless his 10 incompletes were mostly on 3rd down, eddie mac and many others can't wait to hate and/or can't give credit where credit is due. At least with ESPN.com or NFL.com it just gives me the stats, score and on the spot update without the debbie downer opinions.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 11:03 AM
No problem. You've given me more neg rep than the rest of the OM combined and for no other reason than you disagreed. I neg repped you for having an obsenity in every single one of your posts.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 11:04 AM
The vehemently pro and anti-Tebow brigades on here are both as tedious as ****.

The "I trust the coaches" folks are enthralling though.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 11:07 AM
What disturbs me. I am following along on the thread yesterday as I had two functions with my kids and I swear Kyle Orton was ****ting the bed inspite of the Broncos winning. I then find out he throws 60%, no ints, couple of tds and almost 200 yards. Unless his 10 incompletes were mostly on 3rd down, eddie mac and many others can't wait to hate and/or can't give credit where credit is due. At least with ESPN.com or NFL.com it just gives me the stats, score and on the spot update without the debbie downer opinions.

Of course they were on 3rd down, and in the RZ. This game should never have been competitive in the 2nd half, and had the defense not bailed Orton out after he fumbled deep in his own territory Orton would have succeeded in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Honestly, his stat line was better than the game IMO. The long throw to Decker looked like an under thrown ball that Decker made a great adjustment to although Beurlein (announcer) thought he did it on purpose (I seriously doubt it). He had a few nice plays but also had key stalled drives (signature Orton), the strip sack and a few WTF's. But, considering he had 2 WR's which was on the FO, he did pretty decent. Not anywhere near enough to change opinions on him. If you liked him before you still do and if you think he is the poster boy for average, you still do...

Archer81
09-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Orton is not a bad quarterback. He is just not a good one. He needs a great running game, he needs a great defense, he needs a picture perfect pocket for 10 seconds and he needs the WR's to be open all the time. If these scenarios are met, he takes a team to the playoffs.

I am happy the Broncos won yesterday. If it were any other team besides Cinci, we would have lost. When it matters, Orton making the plays to secure a win or get a win are exceedingly rare. We should not celebrate average, and Orton is the posterboy for average.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
No problem. You've given me more neg rep than the rest of the OM combined and for no other reason than you disagreed. I neg repped you for having an obsenity in every single one of your posts.

You are FOS, as always.

...and you and a few others deserve no less than obsenities.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Dude...watch it. It was an okay game, but the QB play is just average...and that's his ceiling.

bendog
09-19-2011, 11:32 AM
It's not anti-tebow on this thread. It's a thread about Orton... and here they come. Orton is not going to be in Denver next year. He'd be an upgrade for Indy Sea SF KC. I don't think Elway will cut Tebow loose without playing him, and even then if Elway and Fox don't think Tebow will ever make it as a QB under center with a full playbook, I'd be surprised if they didn't give him "an open competition" with whomever they bring. in. Orton's been a class act about this whole McDaniels' circus. At worst he's a credible backup to some guy on a good team like Vick or McNabb who is a longshot to stay healthy.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 11:39 AM
...If it were any other team besides Cinci, we would have lost...

Just fyi, "Cinci" won on the road week 1.

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Dude...watch it. It was an okay game, but the QB play is just average...and that's his ceiling.

Are you mad?

It was a virtuoso performance that will have its own 10 part NFL Films special...

TonyR
09-19-2011, 11:41 AM
If Tebow is traded...

I see people mention the possibility of trading Tebow a lot here. Just curious what people think other teams would offer for Tebow.

Archer81
09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Just fyi, "Cinci" won on the road week 1.

No way? REALLY?

DrFate
09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
I see people mention the possibility of trading Tebow a lot here. Just curious what people think other teams would offer for Tebow.

I think the right team might offer a mid-round pick for Tebow. There was chatter that other teams were interested when he was drafted (no clue if that is true or not). A 3rd is the ceiling on that kind of deal, I think.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Are you mad?

It was a virtuoso performance that will have its own 10 part NFL Films special...

LOL

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 11:45 AM

Oh wait a minute. I never said Orton is the guy. I have come to realize that. I just know his limitations but also his strengths. I was honest about not seeing the game live so I was taking the opinions of the board during the game. Seemed when the D was screwing up, it was still of the opinion that it was Orton's fault. Seems whatever his stats are, they are over inflated.

WolfpackGuy
09-19-2011, 11:47 AM

They just need to hang on until McClueless gets his hands on another team's war room phone.

3 first rounders minimum for Teboz.

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Honestly, his stat line was better than the game IMO. The long throw to Decker looked like an under thrown ball that Decker made a great adjustment to although Beurlein (announcer) thought he did it on purpose (I seriously doubt it). He had a few nice plays but also had key stalled drives (signature Orton), the strip sack and a few WTF's. But, considering he had 2 WR's which was on the FO, he did pretty decent. Not anywhere near enough to change opinions on him. If you liked him before you still do and if you think he is the poster boy for average, you still do...

Yep.

He's indecisive with the ball. He can't read the defense
He holds onto the ball too long
He drops the ball to his waist in his throwing motion
He stares down the receiver so the DB's always know where he's going with the ball
His footwork is getting worse

Even if the above is passable...he still just pusses out. I hate him more with each passing game.

And even if he makes the above

Archer81
09-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Yep.

He's indecisive with the ball.
He can't read the defense
He holds onto the ball too long
He drops the ball to his waist in his throwing motion
He stares down the receiver so the DB's always know where he's going with the ball
His footwork is getting worse
Even if the above is passable...he still just pusses out. I hate him more with each passing game.

And even if he makes the above

The entire bolded is tragically funny...

Or possibly ironic?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 11:55 AM

The next ten years' first round picks, plus a starting defensive tackle and a razor for Orton's neckbeard because I hate that thing.

Oh wait, were you being serious?

I'd take a 3rd or a 4th. Would be worth it just to see Agamemnon and Deadhead holding hands while jumping off a bridge.

The Joker
09-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Orton probably had one of his better games yesterday in all honesty.

Quite clearly he's not the long term answer at QB for Denver or any NFL team, and yes I do believe we should be starting Tebow, but just because you don't like the fact that the guy is starting it doesn't mean you have to strain to try and make it seem like he played badly yesterday when really he didn't.

Was he awesome? No. But he wasn't terrible either, yet some people only see the bad because they're so transfixed by the idea that he shouldn't be starting.

errand
09-19-2011, 11:56 AM

Cam newton has the panthers passing attack up there in the top 5...he's also 0-2

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 11:59 AM
The entire bolded is tragically funny...

Or possibly ironic?

I want us to win every week and I don't care who's doing it. But I look at Kyle Orton and it's becoming harder to believe he's the best option given the list above

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Orton probably had one of his better games yesterday in all honesty.

Quite clearly he's not the long term answer at QB for Denver or any NFL team, and yes I do believe we should be starting Tebow, but just because you don't like the fact that the guy is starting it doesn't mean you have to strain to try and make it seem like he played badly yesterday when really he didn't.

Was he awesome? No. But he wasn't terrible either, yet some people only see the bad because they're so transfixed by the idea that he shouldn't be starting.

It goes both ways. Orton fanboys are celebrating and creating multiple threads over a pretty mediocre performance. He wasn't bad but he also wasn't good enough to claim he is the reason we won while throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

mkporter
09-19-2011, 12:00 PM
I am happy the Broncos won yesterday. If it were any other team besides Cinci, we would have lost. When it matters, Orton making the plays to secure a win or get a win are exceedingly rare. We should not celebrate average, and Orton is the posterboy for average.

False. Remember, whenever you think we're playing the worst team in the league this year, and we aren't playing the chiefs, you are wrong.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
It goes both ways. Orton fanboys are celebrating and creating multiple threads over a pretty mediocre performance. He wasn't bad but he also wasn't good enough to claim he is the reason we won while throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

There are multiple threads? I see one. One, titled "Orton."

Are you still drunk?

The Joker
09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
It goes both ways. Orton fanboys are celebrating and creating multiple threads over a oretty mediocre performance. He wasn't bad but he also wasn't good enough to claim he is the reason we won while throwing the rest of the team under the bus.

I agree with this completely.

Both sides are as bad as each other IMO.

errand
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Yes he did look good......but then again, he was going up against denver's secondary not cincinnati's

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
There are multiple threads? I see one. One, titled "Orton."

Are you still drunk?

Nope, I am just able to read.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 12:05 PM
No way? REALLY?

You made the stupid generalization, not me. Just pointing it out.

Archer81
09-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I want us to win every week and I don't care who's doing it. But I look at Kyle Orton and it's becoming harder to believe he's the best option given the list above

Well its funny because everything you listed was the list of reasons Tebow was not "good enough" to start in preseason...if the 7th year vet is doing the same thing a young QB is, logically you should go with the young QB because you can correct those issues. If the vet is doing it 7 years in...why stay with him?

Garcia Bronco
09-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Well its funny because everything you listed was the list of reasons Tebow was not "good enough" to start in preseason...if the 7th year vet is doing the same thing a young QB is, logically you should go with the young QB because you can correct those issues. If the vet is doing it 7 years in...why stay with him?

Exactly. I said the same things about Tebow

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Nope, I am just able to read.

Oh please, sir, please link to all those terrible threads made to celebrate Orton. You know, since you're able to read, it shouldn't be too hard for you to come up with them.

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Oh please, sir, please link to all those terrible threads made to celebrate Orton. You know, since you're able to read, it shouldn't be too hard for you to come up with them.

No.

Archer81
09-19-2011, 12:12 PM
You made the stupid generalization, not me. Just pointing it out.

Bengals were 4-12 last year. It was hardly a stupid generalization. Now this little tiff you decided to kick off is stupid.

errand
09-19-2011, 12:13 PM

Try using duct tape around your head....

errand
09-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Nope. I can start though.

All Orton fans hate this franchise. You are all the same people that loved McDaniels. You all seem to hate everyone but Orton and continually throw everyone else under the bus. It is very clear tgat those supporting Orton could care less if we win or lose games as long as poor little Orton gets to continue playing. Why don't all of you quit calling yourselves Bronco fans when you clearly aren't. I have never seen fans that like their team to be such losers. You
all fit right in with Orton and his loser attitude.

This coming from you .... a clown who roots for his team to lose so his quarterback of choice can play.

Boobs McGee
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
No.

Still a ****ing clown I see. Kudos to you sir, way to be consistent.

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:19 PM
This coming from you .... a clown who roots for his team to lose so his quarterback of choice can play.

As if that has ever happened. Poor drama queens gave to make stuff up or their lives just aren't interesting enough. It must suck having such a pathetic life.

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Still a ****ing clown I see. Kudos to you sir, way to be consistent.

Poor guy. Did I hurt your feelings?

Boobs McGee
09-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Lol no no no, don't start worrying about MY feelings. I need you to spend less time thinking about ME and more time coming up with incredibly myopic/uber-biased/cantankerous and ultimately worthless takes in regards to football (basketball, hockey, computers, clothing, religion, politics, agriculture, ice cream cones, cellular devices, license plate manufacturing, and whatever ELSE you have an opinion on). I've come to the understanding that you and the Llama are locked in an absolutely EPIC race for "Most Absolute Redicules Poster" on the Mane....so PLEASE. Once again. Don't worry about wasting your precious time on my feelings. Focus all of that fiery Bronco related misanthropic energy on your overly obtuse takes! Eye on the prize! Go team!!!! YOU CAN DO EEET!!!

jhns
09-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Lol no no no, don't start worrying about MY feelings. I need you to spend less time thinking about ME and more time coming up with incredibly myopic/uber-biased/cantankerous and ultimately worthless takes in regards to football (basketball, hockey, computers, clothing, religion, politics, agriculture, ice cream cones, cellular devices, license plate manufacturing, and whatever ELSE you have an opinion on). I've come to the understanding that you and the Llama are locked in an absolutely EPIC race for "Most Absolute Redicules Poster" on the Mane....so PLEASE. Once again. Don't worry about wasting your precious time on my feelings. Focus all of that fiery Bronco related misanthropic energy on your overly obtuse takes! Eye on the prize! Go team!!!! YOU CAN DO EEET!!!

So you are saying I did hurt your feelings?

Houshyamama
09-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Orton held onto the ball way too long all game. This could have been because his receivers couldn't get open, but it still enraged me.

Orton didn't win this game for us, the running game did.

GreatBronco16
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Orton held onto the ball way too long all game. This could have been because his receivers couldn't get open, but it still enraged me.

Nuh Uhhh.......Ortinz is da bomb. He does everythings. All hail Ortinz

Boobs McGee
09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
So you are saying I did hurt your feelings?

Totally. Cried myself to sleep on my giant pilla.

TonyR
09-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Bengals were 4-12 last year. It was hardly a stupid generalization.

So then you're officially on the record as thinking/saying that the Bengals are the worst team in the league. Right? So if we had played Cleveland (who the Bengals beat in Cleveland the prior week) or Kansas City (who has lost by a combined score of 89-10 thus far), just to give two examples, you're stating definitively that we would have lost? How about Minnesota? Seattle? Carolina? Miami? Do you have a confidence interval you want to attach to this?

jhns
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Totally. Cried myself to sleep on my giant pilla.

I'm sorry. You should stop sleeping in the middle of the day though.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
No.

Liar. Check.

Coward. Check.

Appreciate you clearing that up.

jhns
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Liar. Check.

Coward. Check.

Appreciate you clearing that up.

LOL

Oh the drama!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM
LOL

Oh the drama!

Oh! The inability to back up a simple statement because said statement contained no facts!

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM

Beurlein is stuck in the same rhetoric loop that all the media sheep are in as far as the Orton/Tebow debate goes.

If I hear: "That's a smart play there by the veteran, that's what Orton brings to the position", one more time after Orton heaves the ball out of bounds on 3rd down at the first glimpse of pressure, I'm going to stab someone.

They are correct, in the end, just not in the way they think. A complete lack of ability to make something happen is what he brings to the QB position.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Beurlein is stuck in a rhetoric loop. Me, though? I'm just telling it how it is, because I know so much about football.

Your friend,
Dedhed

jhns
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh! The inability to back up a simple statement because said statement contained no facts!

Or the not wanting to since it is so easy for everone to see it themselves...

No need to get so upset internet tough guy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Or the not wanting to since it is so easy for everone to see it themselves...

No need to get so upset internet tough guy.

Riiiight.

We'll just go ahead and put this in the "more bull**** from jhns' lying ass" column. Save you some embarrassment.

jhns
09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Riiiight.

We'll just go ahead and put this in the "more bull**** from jhns' lying ass" column. Save you some embarrassment.

Riiight.

We'll just go ahead and put this in the "moose still can't read" column. Too late for the emarrassment though.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 02:13 PM

WTF are you talking about??? I started the damn thread giving credit to him for winning a game with half the team out. Others played well but he got the entire blame literally for the loss against Oakland so why cant he take the plaudits for winning this one?

I call a spade a spade. If someone like say Vaughn is playing **** during a game I'm gonna state it and call him a **** on gamethread. If he comes up with the winning interception or tips the last pass away I'll give him credit, the same goes for any player on the team, they get called on their current performance and the way it should be.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Your claim:
"Orton fanboys are celebrating and creating multiple threads over a pretty mediocre performance."

Ask for proof of "multiple threads" being made over this performance, and...

"No."

You're a piece of ****. And don't worry, child. I don't say that out of anger. But there's simply no other way to describe you.

Good thing your girlfriend has low self esteem.

jhns
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Your claim:
"Orton fanboys are celebrating and creating multiple threads over a pretty mediocre performance."

Ask for proof of "multiple threads" being made over this performance, and...

"No."

You're a piece of ****. And don't worry, child. I don't say that out of anger. But there's simply no other way to describe you.

Good thing your girlfriend has low self esteem.

Sensitive Sally at it again.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Sensitive Sally at it again.

Fact-free Fannie doing the same ol' song and dance.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Beurlein is stuck in a rhetoric loop. Me, though? I'm just telling it how it is, because I know so much about football.

Your friend,
Dedhed

You're down to a single leg to stand on with Orton and you know it. Given you're disappearing act after week 1, I'm guessing I have about 3 weeks left of responding to your inane takes.

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
To be fair, Orton had a pretty decent performance overall. That said he still couldn't convert in the redzone and held the ball too long/showed no pocket awareness that led to a costly fumble. That's the problem with Orton. Even at his best there are still times you find yourself shaking your head in disbelief and disgust.

TheReverend
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Saw thread shortly after it was made this morning.

Decided to leave and check back in later.

Checked in now.

Exactly what I had expected.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 04:30 PM
LOL

Oh the drama!

You should STFU about drama.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 04:51 PM
WTF are you talking about??? I started the damn thread giving credit to him for winning a game with half the team out. Others played well but he got the entire blame literally for the loss against Oakland so why cant he take the plaudits for winning this one?

I call a spade a spade. If someone like say Vaughn is playing **** during a game I'm gonna state it and call him a **** on gamethread. If he comes up with the winning interception or tips the last pass away I'll give him credit, the same goes for any player on the team, they get called on their current performance and the way it should be.

Because the game thread yesterday had you all over him and the team. Today you woke up fresh and can recalculate everything instead of flying off the handle.

errand
09-19-2011, 05:19 PM

Your friend,
Dedhed

Its amazing how former nfl quarterbacks who have had pretty decent success in the nfl never seem to know what they're talking about when it comes to quarterbacks

zdoor
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Its amazing how former nfl quarterbacks who have had pretty decent success in the nfl never seem to know what they're talking about when it comes to quarterbacks

To be fair, Beurlein also said (paraphrasing, don't remember exact words) he saw enough in 3 games with Tebow to think there might be a future solI'd starter at QB there...

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 05:32 PM

You're right. It is amazing that people who dedicate their lives to analyzing talent are wrong as often as they are.

BroncoBuff
09-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Agreed ... Orton was just good enough to not lose the game, and that's exactly why he is a wheels-spinning waste of time here. We're a young team starting 3 rookies. It's Tebow Time, sink or swim.
_
Some say it's a money thing, play Orton to avoid paying Tebow's bonuses. Okay, then trade Champ and pay Tebow. Play for the long run.

The rest of this thread is gay.

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Because the game thread yesterday had you all over him and the team. Today you woke up fresh and can recalculate everything instead of flying off the handle.

John that's just me mate. Everyone on here knows I'm like that during a game especially when losing (god help me if I ever actually get to see the team live), which is pretty bloody common these days as a Bronco fan, but at the end of the day I call it all as I see it after the game.

Orton was **** last week cos his supporting cast were terrible, this week players stepped up on offense and Orton complimented them well and we won, that's all Orton is, a game manager, he isn't going to win on his own.

alkemical
09-19-2011, 05:56 PM
i'm down with trading champ for a #1. we have ammo to go for luck.

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
i'm down with trading champ for a #1. we have ammo to go for luck.

No one is going to give us a 1st rounder for Champ at his age. Are you crazy?

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 06:00 PM
There's no one on Denver's roster worth a 1 pick except for Miller and Tebow and the Tebow offer would be only due to the merchandise aspect at this point in his career and I dont know if that would even be worth it given the NFL's revenue sharing.

GreatBronco16
09-19-2011, 06:03 PM
No one is going to give us a 1st rounder for Champ at his age. Are you crazy?

Oakland maybe?:~ohyah!:

eddie mac
09-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Agreed ... Orton was just good enough to not lose the game, and that's exactly why he is a wheels-spinning waste of time here. We're a young team starting 3 rookies. It's Tebow Time, sink or swim.
_
Some say it's a money thing, play Orton to avoid paying Tebow's bonuses. Okay, then trade Champ and pay Tebow. Play for the long run.

The rest of this thread is gay.

I honestly think someone made that **** up. Tebow's max value of his contract doesn't even touch the likes of Dumervil or Bailey's.

On the game and Orton Buff. If Dalton had managed to drive the Bengals down the field for the game winning field goal would you have blamed Orton for the loss or the crumbled and beaten defensive performance of the 2nd half??? I cant believe how open Green and Simpson were on some of those throws.

errand
09-19-2011, 06:06 PM
To be fair, Orton had a pretty decent performance overall. That said he still couldn't convert in the redzone and held the ball too long/showed no pocket awareness that led to a costly fumble. That's the problem with Orton. Even at his best there are still times you find yourself shaking your head in disbelief and disgust.

Broncos converting on third down on a 44% clip....just saying...

errand
09-19-2011, 06:21 PM
You're right. It is amazing that people who dedicate their lives to analyzing talent are wrong as often as they are.

It's even more amazing how people who don't know s*** about talent are always right like yourself correct?

errand
09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
To be fair, Beurlein also said (paraphrasing, don't remember exact words) he saw enough in 3 games with Tebow to think there might be a future solI'd starter at QB there...

That's my point in a nutshell
... how is it that steve beuerlein is an idiot when he says that kyle threw a touchdown pass short to decker on purpose....but he's an astute analyst when he says Orton held ball too long on fumble?

Either he's an idiot or he is not.....

You guys can't have it both ways.

maven
09-19-2011, 06:30 PM
There's no one on Denver's roster worth a 1 pick except for Miller and Tebow and the Tebow offer would be only due to the merchandise aspect at this point in his career and I dont know if that would even be worth it given the NFL's revenue sharing.

Only Von Miller would be worth a 1. That's it. Thanks Josh for drafting like a ****tard.

BroncoBuff
09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
On the game and Orton Buff. If Dalton had managed to drive the Bengals down the field for the game winning field goal would you have blamed Orton for the loss or the crumbled and beaten defensive performance of the 2nd half??? I cant believe how open Green and Simpson were on some of those throws.

In that case blame nobody, credit Dalton. He did miss a couple guys there at the end, but he threw what, 40+ passes? With no running game? The way I'm feeling right now, I'd swap Orton and Tebow for Dalton. Wide receiver my butt.

Hard for me to distinguish 'blame' from 'credit' right now... I'm not sure which team I want to win. And that really sucks.

maher_tyler
09-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I honestly think someone made that **** up. Tebow's max value of his contract doesn't even touch the likes of Dumervil or Bailey's.

Yes. He fumbled on a play he held the ball to long and didn't step up into the pocket. Leading to thankfully, only 3 points. It's sad that even on one of his best day, we only beat the Bengals @ home by a whole 2 points. He's a back up on almost every other team in the league. Did anyone else realize the terrible angle the safety took on the TD pass??

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 07:15 PM
It's even more amazing how people who don't know s*** about talent are always right like yourself correct?

No. I'm wrong plenty. I might be wrong about Tebow, but I know I'm right about Orton.

Dedhed
09-19-2011, 07:20 PM
... how is it that steve beuerlein is an idiot when he says that kyle threw a touchdown pass short to decker on purpose

"Gosh Wally, how can someone be right about one thing, and wrong about another?"

"Gee, I don't know Beav, maybe people are sometimes right and sometimes they're wrong"

"Oh yeah, like the other day in math class, I didn't get all the answers right"!

zdoor
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
... how is it that steve beuerlein is an idiot when he says that kyle threw a touchdown pass short to decker on purpose....but he's an astute analyst when he says Orton held ball too long on fumble?

I never called him an idiot and I pointed out that he said Orton threw it there on purpose. I disagree though, it didn't look intentional to me. I thought Decker made a great adjustment on a short throw. I admit, I could be wrong... Or not...

Archer81
09-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Kyle did throw it short. More than likely because that is as far as he could get it down the field. Decker made a great adjustment and caught the football. Beureline(sp) stating it was done on purpose...I dunno about that one. He is correct about the fumble. Orton did not step up into the pocket and had the ball stripped away. He had enough time to read the coverage, step up and get the ball out. He did not do that.

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Broncos converting on third down on a 44% clip....just saying...

Okay. I said redzone. Not third downs.

Pendejo
09-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I never called him an idiot and I pointed out that he said Orton threw it there on purpose. I disagree though, it didn't look intentional to me. I thought Decker made a great adjustment on a short throw. I admit, I could be wrong... Or not...

It looked to me like Orton put that one pretty much right where he wanted it. It's a shockingly rare occurrence, but I'll give him credit when he deserves it.

maven
09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Kyle did throw it short. More than likely because that is as far as he could get it down the field. Decker made a great adjustment and caught the football. Beureline(sp) stating it was done on purpose...I dunno about that one.

Go look at the highlight. That was the intended throw.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 05:34 AM
You're down to a single leg to stand on with Orton and you know it. Given you're disappearing act after week 1, I'm guessing I have about 3 weeks left of responding to your inane takes.

My disappearing act? You mean when I went to the game, then was on here Monday afternoon talking about the game?

Tell me more of your interesting theories, deadhead. I'm fascinated by your lack of ability to live in reality.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 05:35 AM

You're a very good example. Thanks for talking with the group. I think we've all grown today.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Kyle did throw it short. More than likely because that is as far as he could get it down the field. Decker made a great adjustment and caught the football. Beureline(sp) stating it was done on purpose...I dunno about that one. He is correct about the fumble. Orton did not step up into the pocket and had the ball stripped away. He had enough time to read the coverage, step up and get the ball out. He did not do that.

That's... not true. If he hadn't stepped up in the pocket, he would have been sacked. Period. He stepped up, and as he was stepping up to throw, the ball was stripped.

How can someone who doesn't watch football have such strong takes about football?

strafen
09-20-2011, 05:51 AM

Next time you're going to make a thread about Orton, just wait a few games at least before you do that.
You may not even think about doing it if you did.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Next time you're going to make a thread about Orton, just wait a few games at least before you do that.
You may not even think about doing it if you did.

Yeah, we can't congratulate our quarterback on a win. Unless it's Tebow. If it's Tebow, put cock in mouth and don't stop blowin' til you have white stuff on your face.

Right Strafen?

jhns
09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
That's... not true. If he hadn't stepped up in the pocket, he would have been sacked. Period. He stepped up, and as he was stepping up to throw, the ball was stripped.

How can someone who doesn't watch football have such strong takes about football?

He didn't step up into the wide open pocket... That is why he fumbled. He stands perfectly still for far too long. He is worse than a rookie in the pocket.

You talk about others not watchinv when you clearly don't know what happened...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 06:25 AM
He didn't step up into the wide open pocket... That is why he fumbled. He stands perfectly still for far too long. He is worse than a rookie in the pocket.

You talk about others not watchinv when you clearly don't know what happened...

He did. He stepped up. He may not have stepped up far enough, but he also spotted his receiver and was stepping up to throw the ball. You know, like quarterbacks do.

Tebow would have run to the front of the pocket and jump-passed for a touchdown! Derrrrrrrp!

jhns
09-20-2011, 06:28 AM
He did. He stepped up. He may not have stepped up far enough, but he also spotted his receiver and was stepping up to throw the ball. You know, like quarterbacks do.

Tebow would have run to the front of the pocket and jump-passed for a touchdown! Derrrrrrrp!

No, he didn't. He sat there because he is terrible.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 06:31 AM

Strong take as always.

Blueflame
09-20-2011, 06:32 AM

yet he was on the field while someone else held a clipboard... just sayin'

jhns
09-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Strong take as always.

Reality always is. Don't worry, I'm sure your hero will learn to work the pocket by his tenth year...

jhns
09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
yet he was on the field while someone else held a clipboard... just sayin'

I guess that means he is good in the pocket even though his play says otherwise?

bendog
09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
timesuck

fontaine
09-20-2011, 06:35 AM
I don't think it's that complicated. Orton does well on third and short where he can take a quick three step drop and dump the ball off to a big target like Decker/Lloyd/Thomas etc and that's about it. Anything in terms of TDs and big gains is going to have to come from individually great plays by guys like Decker/Lloyd etc.

He's not going to step up in the red zone or on third and long situations or when the running game is gone. We already know that, we saw it all last year and so far this year as well.

The Cinci game is about as well as we can expect the passing game to function where the run game makes play action passing effective, slows down the pass rush and puts us into third and manageable situations. Anything outside of those parameters might as well be impossible for Orton and co.

BroncosSR
09-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Go look at the highlight. That was the intended throw.

Just looked at the highlight again. No way that was the intended throw. Decker made a great adjustment, pure and simple.

jhns
09-20-2011, 06:57 AM
Just looked at the highlight again. No way that was the intended throw. Decker made a great adjustment, pure and simple.

It may have been intended because it was a good throw to beat the corner. The safety had a play on it and failed but I am doubting Orton saw him.

2KBack
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM

100% intentional. Orton has been throwing that particular placement for years. Corner's back is turned, back shoulder throw. It might be the one thing he does really well.

colonelbeef
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
The broncos will never win anything with Kyle Orton starting at QB.

The only question is whether or not Tebow is a legit starter in the NFL. If he isn't it's time to pick up another young option via the draft.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-20-2011, 07:34 AM
The broncos will never win anything with Kyle Orton starting at QB.

(They just won an NFL game on Sunday. Starting quarterback: Kyle Orton.)

Hey, you said "never win anything," which is moronic.

Eldorado
09-20-2011, 07:44 AM
(They just won an NFL game on Sunday. Starting quarterback: Kyle Orton.)

Hey, you said "never win anything," which is moronic.

I thought about making that argument. Then '12-18' popped into my head and I decided to go take a **** instead. In hindsight, probs a good decision.

TheReverend
09-20-2011, 07:46 AM
I thought about making that argument. Then '12-18' popped into my head and I decided to go take a **** instead. In hindsight, probs a good decision.

Isn't it 12-19?

Rabb
09-20-2011, 07:46 AM
100% intentional. Orton has been throwing that particular placement for years. Corner's back is turned, back shoulder throw. It might be the one thing he does really well.

absolutely, it's not even just Orton now...that seems to be a popular trend league wide

that throw was intentional, Decker made some awesome moves after the catch

Eldorado
09-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Isn't it 12-19?

Simms started a game in 09.

Rabb
09-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Simms started a game in 09.

I would use the word "started" pretty loosely too

Dedhed
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM

Except it wasn't a back shoulder throw, and if it was meant to be, it was way too far inside. Decker made a great play, that is all, and that is all we can hope for with KO at the helm. It's all he's done for two+ years here, and it's all he'll do going forward.

Blueflame
09-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Y'know, I don't quite understand what the big debate is about here... any completed pass is the result of teamwork between a passer and a receiver. Both get credit when a big gain is accomplished, especially for the touchdown. I'm thinking there's enough glory for both Orton and Decker in that play. Nice work by both.

Rigs11
09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Y'know, I don't quite understand what the big debate is about here... any completed pass is the result of teamwork between a passer and a receiver. Both get credit when a big gain is accomplished, especially for the touchdown. I'm thinking there's enough glory for both Orton and Decker in that play. Nice work by both.

blasphemy! everyone knows that orten is teh worsest Qb ever and that teh Tebow would have thrown that ball bettar!Hilarious!

Blueflame
09-20-2011, 01:31 PM
blasphemy! everyone knows that orten is teh worsest Qb ever and that teh Tebow would have thrown that ball bettar!Hilarious!

LOL It does seem like some are going to ludicrous lengths to avoid giving Orton any credit at all for anything. "No...Orton actually sucked throwing that long pass; it was all Decker"...

And while Decker made an awesome catch... it did still have to be a catchable ball... and fortunately, it was.

BroncoMan4ever
09-20-2011, 01:36 PM

i say Orton should get a break for the rest of the year. everyone here knows that unless he leads an improbable playoff or super bowl run, he is going to be pulled from the starting lineup by week 12 at the latest in favor of Tebow. and if Tebow doesn't pan out, then more than likely if we remain in a QB abyss we are going to more than likely see posts in 5 years saying "wish we would have stuck with Orton" just like there are smatterings of posts saying the same thing about Plummer.

bendog
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
i say Orton should get a break for the rest of the year. everyone here knows that unless he leads an improbable playoff or super bowl run, he is going to be pulled from the starting lineup by week 12 at the latest in favor of Tebow. and if Tebow doesn't pan out, then more than likely if we remain in a QB abyss we are going to more than likely see posts in 5 years saying "wish we would have stuck with Orton" just like there are smatterings of posts saying the same thing about Plummer.

He had road rage driving a honda element. Summed up his career, imo

Rigs11
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL It does seem like some are going to ludicrous lengths to avoid giving Orton any credit at all for anything. "No...Orton actually sucked throwing that long pass; it was all Decker"...

And while Decker made an awesome catch... it did still have to be a catchable ball... and fortunately, it was.

it's become silly anymore that the 'fans' are behaving like such idiots...and after a winHa!

Dedhed
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
It does seem like some are going to ludicrous lengths to avoid giving Orton any credit at all for anything.

I'll give Orton credit for anything he does above and beyond what any QB on an active NFL roster can do.

Heaving a ball in the general vicinity of a single covered WR doesn't qualify.

Dedhed
09-20-2011, 01:43 PM
it's become silly anymore that the 'fans' are behaving like such idiots...and after a winHa!

What has become silly is the idea that Orton serves this franchise in any way, shape or form.

Blueflame
09-20-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll give Orton credit for anything he does above and beyond what any QB on an active NFL roster can do.

Do you give Decker credit for that catch, then? I mean catching a ball that's anywhere close is what any WR on an active NFL roster is paid to do...

If you grant Decker credit while denying any to Orton, it would appear that a tiny bit of anti-Orton bias just might be showing.

WolfpackGuy
09-20-2011, 01:58 PM
It was an okay throw made into a bigger play by the Bungles knocking each other down.

Wow...

broncocalijohn
09-20-2011, 02:01 PM

You set Orton's bar so low that when he does something that is near perfect and the result is 7 points, you still find an excuse. I dont care if you hate him or not. The problem is that your opinion is so tainted. Think of colonelbeef and go_broncos from last year. Do you really want to be like those Aholes of 2010?

It was an okay throw made into a bigger play by the Bungles knocking each other down.

Wow...

That is just icing on the cake for the score. Not every play is to get a score. It was a huge throw, a big time catch and everything else was bonus for the great hookup.

errand
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM

Broncos were 10-6....10-6....12-4....and 7-4 with jake as our quarterback... with 3 consecutive playoff appearances and 1 afc championship game appearance.

Since then we've gone 2-3....7-9....8-8...8-8...4-12.. with 0 playoff appearances

You guys wanna talk about a quarterback that won games for us

Agamemnon
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Do you give Decker credit for that catch, then? I mean catching a ball that's anywhere close is what any WR on an active NFL roster is paid to do...

If you grant Decker credit while denying any to Orton, it would appear that a tiny bit of anti-Orton bias just might be showing.

Not giving Orton credit on that throw is pretty silly even from my perspective. The guy has good plays here and there. I admit it. Doesn't change that he still sucks as a starting QB.

TailgateNut
09-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Not giving Orton credit on that throw is pretty silly even from my perspective. The guy has good plays here and there. I admit it. Doesn't change that he still sucks as a starting QB.

What's that say about your BOY? ....considering he's somewhere between Orton and COMPLETE SUCKAGE.

OABB
09-20-2011, 05:27 PM
What's that say about your BOY? ....considering he's somewhere between Orton and COMPLETE SUCKAGE.

our staff and some fans are somewhere between retarded and brain dead.

NUB
09-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Orton played well enough to not blow it against the Bengals. I honestly believe Tebow could have won both games so far, but that is really beside the point. It's just another batch of experience for Tebow lost; another wasted opportunity to see what Denver has for its future. I really, really do not understand how anybody can support this path but whatever. I have resigned to simply hoping Orton does not play us out of a top-QB pick in the draft.

teknic
09-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Orton played well enough to not blow it against the Bengals. I honestly believe Tebow could have won both games so far, but that is really beside the point. It's just another batch of experience for Tebow lost; another wasted opportunity to see what Denver has for its future. I really, really do not understand how anybody can support this path but whatever. I have resigned to simply hoping Orton does not play us out of a top-QB pick in the draft.

This.

Playing Orton does nothing for us this season unless Fox is delusional and thinks we're going to the super bowl. Orton will take off from Denver in free agency and he could have played us out of a top pick on a QB. We'd be left not knowing what we have in Tebow. If we play Tebow now, we can evaluate and decide if we should try and get Luck/Barkley.

I also happen to believe that Tebow is an ideal passer for this offense. Tebow throws deep a lot more often than Orton. How many times last season and this season has Orton had someone open 25yds down the field and dumped it off to a rb for 3yds or taken a sack? I really like some of the things Carolina is doing with Newton.

Dedhed
09-20-2011, 09:14 PM
You set Orton's bar so low that when he does something that is near perfect and the result is 7 points, you still find an excuse. I dont care if you hate him or not. The problem is that your opinion is so tainted. Think of colonelbeef and go_broncos from last year. Do you really want to be like those Aholes of 2010?
If you want to give him credit for something, give him credit for finding single coverage. Don't call it a great throw.

A great throw would have been over the top. Decker had his man beat, and a throw over the top would have never allowed the safety to be in the play at all.

I'll give credit all day when it's deserved, but I'm not gonna give out gold stars for a mediocre play that happened to turn out great. Decker made a great play, the safety screwed up, and it turned into a touchdown. That's what happened.

cutthemdown
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
If you want to give him credit for something, give him credit for finding single coverage. Don't call it a great throw.

A great throw would have been over the top. Decker had his man beat, and a throw over the top would have never allowed the safety to be in the play at all.

I'll give credit all day when it's deserved, but I'm not gonna give out gold stars for a mediocre play that happened to turn out great. Decker made a great play, the safety screwed up, and it turned into a touchdown. That's what happened.

That is sort of Orton though. Which is why I said he needs big plays from the other guys on offense, and defense to have a chance to win.

maven
09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Decker had his man beat, and a throw over the top would have never allowed the safety to be in the play at all.

lies, Decker didn't have him beat.

Broncos4Life
09-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Dude are you on crack?

You and everyone else here will never see a legit post saying "wish we would have stuck with Orton". That is just plain dumb. Orton is forgettable.

If Tebow doesn't work out, then the team will move on for better or worse.

fontaine
09-21-2011, 03:46 AM
Broncos were 10-6....10-6....12-4....and 7-4 with jake as our quarterback... with 3 consecutive playoff appearances and 1 afc championship game appearance.

Since then we've gone 2-3....7-9....8-8...8-8...4-12.. with 0 playoff appearances

You guys wanna talk about a quarterback that won games for us

Not really.

Jake played his part no doubt, but was carried by the run game and Shanahan having to spoon feed him the play-action, roll out passing offense. It was nice while it lasted until Jake stopped working/practicing hard and was outworked by a rookie and then quit football all together when he pulled a Lelie.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2011, 05:25 AM

What have we told you about self-diagnosis?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-21-2011, 05:27 AM
That is sort of Orton though. Which is why I said he needs big plays from the other guys on offense, and defense to have a chance to win.

Like every other QB in the league, save for a handful?

Strong take.

Orton needs a competent defense and a good running game. Period.

eddie mac
09-21-2011, 05:52 AM

Indeed, and that's why you're on here posting whilst they're coining in millions of dollars for their retarded opinions.:D

jhns
09-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Like every other QB in the league, save for a handful?

Strong take.

And learn how to play under pressure. No one folds like Orton does...

Agamemnon
09-21-2011, 06:10 AM
And learn how to play under pressure. No one folds like Orton does...

Orton, the lawn chair of quarterbacks... Hilarious!

BroncosSR
09-21-2011, 06:57 AM
This.

Playing Orton does nothing for us this season unless Fox is delusional and thinks we're going to the super bowl. Orton will take off from Denver in free agency and he could have played us out of a top pick on a QB. We'd be left not knowing what we have in Tebow. If we play Tebow now, we can evaluate and decide if we should try and get Luck/Barkley.

I also happen to believe that Tebow is an ideal passer for this offense. Tebow throws deep a lot more often than Orton. How many times last season and this season has Orton had someone open 25yds down the field and dumped it off to a rb for 3yds or taken a sack? I really like some of the things Carolina is doing with Newton.

The only thing I could think of is money, both for Orton and Tebow. Not many people making 9+ million sit the bench. Plus if Tebow meets his escalators (which I don't even know if they actually exist or what they are), that's more cash out the door.

lonestar
09-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Not really.

Jake played his part no doubt, but was carried by the run game and Shanahan having to spoon feed him the play-action, roll out passing offense. It was nice while it lasted until Jake stopped working/practicing hard and was outworked by a rookie and then quit football all together when he pulled a Lelie.

Let's see if I have this correct. Your talking about Jake.
He set several passing records that last year.
almost had the NFL record for passes between picks.
The guy that stayed in the film room for most of the offseason going over every play he had made with Kubes to improve his game.
Had almost 75% w inning record in DEN (good team and coaching) and a losing record in Az with revolving door coaching staff and other than a few players no help.
Had a career year leading the team to the Afccg.
Was one of. The Few players to play all the game and not give up.
While being beat to drop back in the pocket by PIT DL and LB.
We got wacked by a buzz saw in that game. Were out coached and out played by a damned fine team. One that had a goal give the Bus a lombardi.
Then Jake lost his OC and mentor while being stabbed in the back afte that career year by Mikey trading up in the draft to get cutlet.
Jack had a fistful of charitable organizations he gave his time and money to.

While people laughed and criticized his jeans and t shirt attire and him driing a Honda. He was quietly stashing away his bonus money so he could walk away from football with a hot wife and an unscrambled brain to pursue his other love handball.
Let me add the OC that came in changed the O playbook to match the qb they traded up to get. KNOWING that Jake was not a pocket passer.

Whose The dummy in this senario. He saw what mikey was going to do.

lonestar
09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
The only thing I could think of is money, both for Orton and Tebow. Not many people making 9+ million sit the bench. Plus if Tebow meets his escalators (which I don't even know if they actually exist or what they are), that's more cash out the door.

If he meets those escalators just maybe we would know if we have A FQB. What a novel thought.

crawdad
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM

This coming from a guy that threatened to crow bar Orton and has a crow bar avatar!

Hilarious!

eddie mac
09-21-2011, 08:37 AM
If it was about money some facet of NFL reporting would've been all over it. The fact that Tebow is not starting is down to a franchise's decision that he is not currently the best QB on the roster. Infact he may not even be the 2nd best in their eyes.

The only thing we know for a fact is he's currently the 6th choice at WR when everyone is fit.:D

Dedhed
09-21-2011, 08:55 AM

Translation: Orton needs to be carried to wins by those around him.

Strong take.

BroncoBuff
09-21-2011, 08:56 AM
If it was about money some facet of NFL reporting would've been all over it. The fact that Tebow is not starting is down to a franchise's decision that he is not currently the best QB on the roster. Infact he may not even be the 2nd best in their eyes.

If this is true, then I have some serious concerns about team management.

You'll recall in the run-up to training camp, it was full speed ahead, Orton on the trading block and Tebow starting. With this roster - loaded with FAs and with three rookies starting, it was the right call. Sink or swim for big Tim, time for some answers.

But 3 to 4 days into camp, a sharp, sudden 180 ... Tebow out, Orton back in. The problem is they simply could NOT have learned anything new in those three days! Everything they needed to know was right there on tape and in discussions with the other players. I can't believe they weren't prepared, can't believe they were surprised. So then why?

The bonus/escalators theory makes some sense. Maybe they couldn't trade Orton's salary, so they wanted to save money.

But my theory goes like this: Tim is an ass-hat and nobody likes him. The new management was barred from speaking with players, so when the guys finally came in, maybe they got an earful. Remember there was some drama surrounding a Vegas trip, Orton and the O-Line vs. Tim. I recall some very strange stuff, personal stuff, fists flying a time or two between players in '84 and '85 when I was there. They're just guys, competitive guys at that.