PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Coach Fox!

Popps
09-18-2011, 04:51 PM
First win. Pretty? No. Still a win.

http://footballhunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/d8610a2a71876103be1c7f50ce3c3638-getty-108027723je_broncos_john_fox.jpg

Finger Roll
09-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Congrats coach Fox

Requiem
Congratulations to Cassius Vaughn. This was his first win.

Kaylore
Congrats to him and the entire coaching staff for going all MacGyver on the game plan. I gotta say the creative things they were doing to use what they had was impressive.

Popps
Despite last week's mess, this looked a little more like the reason I believe they hired him. Ground game was the focus and the defense made plays when they had to.
Again, ugly win... but you have to give the staff a little credit for winning at all when they're missing three Pro Bowl players, and a host of other key guys.

Hope this is the first of many to come.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I feel like we backed into this win and have not been impressed with adjustments or the play calling. Most importantly the team lacks proper discipline.

Popps
09-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Congrats to him and the entire coaching staff for going all MacGyver on the game plan. I gotta say the creative things they were doing to use what they had was impressive.

Agree. They were handcuffed and managed to still put together a game plan to maximize what they had left, even after Royal left. (Who was clearly an early focus.)

Things are still sloppy, though. Too many penalties, but hopefully this is the kind of stuff we can fix with more work.

R8R H8R
09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Ugly win > pretty loss

Congrats to the team and coaching staff. They squeaked one out with a lot of guys hurting(starters no less).

Now they go on the road,,,we'll see if they can build on this.

enjolras
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Ya... How many starters where out from the second quarter on?

I saw Julius Thomas leave and I don't think I saw him come back. Royal too.

Royal
M. Thomas
D. Thomas
J. Thomas
LLoyd
Moreno
DJ Williams
Champ

Those are all guys you're counting on for production and all gone. They still managed to win an NFL game.

Props to them.

BroncoLover
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Despite last week's mess, this looked a little more like the reason I believe they hired him. Ground game was the focus and the defense made plays when they had to.
Again, ugly win... but you have to give the staff a little credit for winning at all when they're missing three Pro Bowl players, and a host of other key guys.

Hope this is the first of many to come.

Was it me.. or do you all think Old McGahee is much better than No Show.

Taco John
09-18-2011, 05:01 PM
A win is a win, and this franchise needs as many as it can get to build some confidence in that locker room. It would have been a blow to lose to that Bengals team at home. I hope the fellas in the locker room feel good about this one.

Kaylore
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM
A win is a win, and this franchise needs as many as it can get to build some confidence in that locker room. It would have been a blow to lose to that Bengals team at home. I hope the fellas in the locker room feel good about this one.

FYI, that Bengals team isn't so bad. Dalton and Green are keepers.

chanesaw
09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Tebow played and we won.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
FYI, that Bengals team isn't so bad. Dalton and Green are keepers.

Yes they are. They are terrible. Those two guys look like they have potential, but the Bengals are still garbage.

maher_tyler
09-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Thankful for the win on a day where ALL of our division rivals lost! That being said, Orton is still the worst starting QB in the league.

frerottenextelway
09-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Congrats to Tim Tebow on his first NFL win as a WR.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Thankful for the win on a day where ALL of our division rivals lost! That being said, Orton is still the worst starting QB in the league.

He's certainly in contention for the title...

Kid A
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Outside Clady (?!) the o-line cleaned up the penalties pretty well. Granted, not as aggressive a pass-rush as the Raiders had, but combined with the improved ground game it was a nice step forward for that unit.

Taco John

That's not true at all. Matt Cassel is way worse.

SoCalBronco
Tebow played and we won.

Good stuff. ;)

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:11 PM

Yeah he's definitely got Orton beat at the moment. Wow...

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Popps is hands down one of the biggest scum bags and genuine idiots on the board.

That being said, the theme of THIS thread, at least, is on.

Rolandftw
09-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Good to see them get a win, but it was definitely an ugly won. When you're missing three key starters on offense and three on defense that's bound to happen. Hope some of those players are ready @Tennessee as we really need some of them to have a shot.

Punisher
09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
So we won a game Whoopie freaking Dooo

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Good to see them get a win, but it was definitely an ugly won. When you're missing three key starters on offense and three on defense that's bound to happen. Hope some of those players are ready @Tennessee as we really need some of them to have a shot.

The team that just handled the Ravens? Yeah we're going to need divine intervention to win that game if we play anything like today.

maher_tyler
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM

I also forgot Travaris Jackson.

stopgap
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Actually... THEY won the game. You didn't do ****.

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 05:27 PM
The team that just handled the Ravens? Yeah we're going to need divine intervention to win that game if we play anything like today.

They were WAY out of rhythm in their @ Jax game.

Today absolutely LOOKS like they found it, but regression isn't out of the question :)

R8R H8R
09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
I feel like we backed into this win and have not been impressed with adjustments or the play calling. Most importantly the team lacks proper discipline.

1st of all, I completely agree that we got very lucky to come out with a win. With that being said, I also completely disagree with the bolded statement. The coaching staff did a wonderful job considering what they had to work with, which wasn't much.

Not sure what you are expecting with not only the number of starters that were
missing, but the quality of those starters. Missing Dumerville, Champ, & Loyd, Royal, etc. really limits what you can adjust to. Even with these guys, there really isn't whole lot to work with.

errand
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Tebow played and we won.

Well that sure as hell didn't take too long did it...

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
1st of all, I completely agree that we got very lucky to come out with a win. With that being said, I also completely disagree with the bolded statement. The coaching staff did a wonderful job considering what they had to work with, which wasn't much.

missing, but the quality of those starters. Missing Dumerville, Champ, & Loyd, Royal, etc. really limits what you can adjust to. Even with these guys, there really isn't whole lot to work with.

I was speaking more to the adjustments on Defense. Offensively the did great considering two(technically 3)receivers were out. Maybe the kid Dalton is just that good, but I thought we could have done more to beat him. The missed tackles were bad. The team just looks sketchy.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Well that sure as hell didn't take too long did it...

It was a joke genius...

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I was speaking more to the adjustments on Defense. Offensively the did great considering two(technically 3)receivers were out. Maybe the kid Dalton is just that good, but I thought we could have done more to beat him. The missed tackles were bad. The team just looks sketchy.

Our secondary, minus Champ, is absolutely god awful. Dalton's game is nothing compared to what true franchise QBs are going to do to us if we don't get him and Dumervil back soon.

errand
09-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Popps is hands down one of the biggest scum bags and genuine idiots on the board.

Oh...and your not?

It's people like you and all the other hero worshipping fans.... you can't even enjoy a f****** win can you?

Of course not....... because the wrong guy was playing quarterback

errand
09-18-2011, 05:45 PM

I never thought the day would come when a bronco fan would hate a win...... but then again I never thought bronco fans put a player before the team either.

Don't worry dude you have your time in the sun .......We definitely aren't gonna win all of our games so....

Kaylore
09-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I never thought the day would come when a bronco fan would hate a win...... but then again I never thought bronco fans put a player before the team either.

Punisher isn't a fan. He regularly roots for us to lose.

errand
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
It was a joke genius...

You sure about that dude? I mean we have people here who are bitching about us winning a game because the wrong guy was under center.

A bunch of negative people..... just like you

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh...and your not?

It's people like you and all the other hero worshipping fans.... you can't even enjoy a ******* win can you?

Of course not....... because the wrong guy was playing quarterback

Caught me bro.

I am HATING this.

Wooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo

Tied for the AFCW lead!

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100106

You seem like the only guy running around upset.

Why is that?

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 05:50 PM
You sure about that dude? I mean we have people here who are b****ing about us winning a game because the wrong guy was under center.

Meanwhile we have tools like you that don't see or simply don't care that starting Orton is terrible for this franchise long-term. Which is worse?

DBroncos4life
09-18-2011, 05:52 PM

This. Where is he when the team loses?

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 05:53 PM

Crying in front of his Josh McDaniels candlelight vigil

bowtown
09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Our secondary, minus Champ, is absolutely god awful. Dalton's game is nothing compared to what true franchise QBs are going to do to us if we don't get him and Dumervil back soon.

Andre Goodman couldn't even carry Dre Bly's jock. That Green Bay game is going to be unwatchable.

DBroncos4life
09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Crying in front of his Josh McDaniels candlelight vigil

Maybe we should check out some Rams boards.

hambone13
09-18-2011, 05:59 PM

Pretty sure he's off coddling the coach and the FO with his infinitely positive attitude despite it's recent ineptitude. However, I agree Fox deserves some credit for a well crafted, ugly shorthanded win. I have to say, I was very impressed with Andy Dalton's 2nd game in the NFL. For a rookie, he was pretty damn poised. I think with some polish, he's going to be a heck of a QB.

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Andre Goodman couldn't even carry Dre Bly's jock. That Green Bay game is going to be unwatchable.

GB looked a lot more human vs a piss poor Carolina team than they did last week vs the Saints.

Maybe we catch them off-guard enough to bloody their nose good.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 06:01 PM
GB looked a lot more human vs a piss poor Carolina team than they did last week vs the Saints.

Maybe we catch them off-guard enough to bloody their nose good.

Their pass D has looked like dog**** two weeks in a row. If only we had a QB that could take advantage of that...

DBroncos4life
09-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Pretty sure he's off coddling the coach and the FO with his infinitely positive attitude despite it's recent ineptitude. However, I agree Fox deserves some credit for a well crafted, ugly shorthanded win. I have to say, I was very impressed with Andy Dalton's 2nd game in the NFL. For a rookie, he was pretty damn poised. I think with some polish, he's going to be a heck of a QB.

He looks like the real deal that is for sure. I would love to see Palmer show up and F the team up. I mean there is no reason to pull Dalton even if Palmer shows up and then Palmer would force them to pay him 11 mill to back up Dalton.

Steve Sewell
09-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Dalton is going to be a pretty dang good QB in the NFL. Certainly didn't look like a rookie out there at all.

Popps

Absolute.

Embarrass.

maher_tyler
He looks like the real deal that is for sure. I would love to see Palmer show up and F the team up. I mean there is no reason to pull Dalton even if Palmer shows up and then Palmer would force them to pay him 11 mill to back up Dalton.

That'd be a dick move but hilarious!

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Absolute.

Embarrass.

Good reference to your piss poor football IQ.

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:14 PM

Missing Doom today was huge. I have a feeling Dalton is forced into a few more bad throws, and sacked a couple more times if Doom was out there.

It was sloppy, but a lot of the slop came from young and inexperienced players.

Look, 9 times out of 10 over the past few years... our defense collapses at the end of this game. But, today... they found a way to get it done, and the staff deserves some credit for that. The blitz at the end there was well-timed and sealed the game.

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Good reference to your piss poor football IQ.

Hilarious!

Drinking too much or not enough today, brother?

Lighten up, we'll lose again soon. :wave:

Hamrob
09-18-2011, 06:15 PM
FYI, that Bengals team isn't so bad. Dalton and Green are keepers.Add Greshem and Maulaluga and Benson. They have some players on that team.

Hamrob
09-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Missing Doom today was huge. I have a feeling Dalton is forced into a few more bad throws, and sacked a couple more times if Doom was out there.

Look, 9 times out of 10 over the past few years... our defense collapses at the end of this game. But, today... they found a way to get it done, and the staff deserves some credit for that. The blitz at the end there was well-timed and sealed the game.Whose this Doom guy you're talking about? You mean that guy that played here a couple of years ago? What ever happened to him?

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Hilarious!

Drinking too much or not enough today, brother?

Lighten up, we'll lose again soon. :wave:

How many cuts are on your wrists from wishing McD was coming back?

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:19 PM
How many cuts are on your wrists from wishing McD was coming back?

Umm... I don't wish him back. I'm a big fan of this staff, brother.

I mean... you have to get some new material going.

You hate Fox already, right? Why don't you just keep on that train. That's been pretty interesting for everyone.

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 06:20 PM

You hate Fox already, right? Why don't you just keep on that train. That's been pretty interesting for everyone.

...New material?

You ran away immediately after he got fired and haven't popped out until tonight.

Go figure, eh?

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:23 PM
...New material?

You ran away immediately after he got fired and haven't popped out until tonight.

Go figure, eh?

Wait, by your own logic that doesn't make sense. If I was upset, wouldn't a win make me UNhappy?

Just sober up, and realize you'll have a chance to bitch after the next loss, guy. It'll all be OK.

Anyway, enough playing patty-cake with you. Going to read a few more big-boy posts, and enjoy the win. You go do what you do.

:yayaya:

TheReverend
09-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Wait, by your own logic that doesn't make sense. If I was upset, wouldn't a win make me UNhappy?

Just sober up, and realize you'll have a chance to b**** after the next loss, guy. It'll all be OK.

Anyway, enough playing patty-cake with you. Going to read a few more big-boy posts, and enjoy the win. You go do what you do.

:yayaya:

Shame we won tonight, huh? You were praying for a loss to justify McDaniels despite your celebratory posts... those are obviously lies to hide your TRUE agenda.

Sad.

/Popp's logic.

And negged for being an idiot and hoping you disappear again :)

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Look, 9 times out of 10 over the past few years... our defense collapses at the end of this game. But, today... they found a way to get it done, and the staff deserves some credit for that. The blitz at the end there was well-timed and sealed the game.

I guess I am being overly critical. I just watched it again to cincy's first TD. It wasn't that bad. Decker got some great work today and there are a number of other positives.

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I guess I am being overly critical. I just watched it again to cincy's first TD. It wasn't that bad. Decker got some great work today and there are a number of other positives.

Oh, there was plenty to criticize. I suppose it's just in comparison to last week, there were some good things... considering the circumstances.

Decker is a future star, no question.

hambone13
09-18-2011, 06:32 PM

You were also a big fan of the previous staff to the point of absolute annoyance. This staff is following in at least a couple of the footsteps of McDaniels and that highly includes the involvement of your other Man-Love, Orton. That is a problem in and of itself. I am however impressed with some added focus on Defense other than the fact that they didn't push harder for better tackles in the off season.

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Yea, Cinci isn't a great team... but winning with this level of injuries is a credit to the staff, for sure. No one player took over this game, so you have to give the credit to the staff, imo.

Still like to see more discipline out there, though. Too many silly-ass penalties.

TonyR
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
We beat a team that won on the road last week, and did it with multiple starters watching from the sidelines. Can't really complain much about that.

Gort
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Tebow played and we won.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/09/photos-denver-broncos-vs-cincinnati-bengal-on-september-18-2011/

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-264257/cache/xBRONCOS_BENGALS_AO3336x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50 .jpg

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 06:40 PM
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/09/photos-denver-broncos-vs-cincinnati-bengal-on-september-18-2011/

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-264257/cache/xBRONCOS_BENGALS_AO3336x.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50 .jpg

Proof that our coaching staff are retards...

OrangeSe7en
09-18-2011, 06:40 PM
We beat a team that won on the road last week, and did it with multiple starters watching from the sidelines. Can't really complain much about that.

Thats not true. There's plenty to be concerned about.

Punisher
09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Actually... THEY won the game. You didn't do ****.

I'll tongue your ass to you love me whore

TonyR
09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Thats not true. There's plenty to be concerned about.

I didn't say there isn't anything to be concerned about. We aren't very good and are very banged up. But I'll take the win and be happy about it.

OABB
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
I'll tongue your ass to you love me whore

thats very kind of you.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Mays showed improvement

chanesaw
09-18-2011, 06:47 PM
You sure about that dude? I mean we have people here who are b****ing about us winning a game because the wrong guy was under center.

Let me assure you, it was a joke.

Punisher
09-18-2011, 06:49 PM
thats very kind of you.

:~ohyah!:

GreatBronco16
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I loved that everytime they put Tebow in at WR, Orton never looked his way. He was open a couple of times too.

Just thought that was funny. Tebow in the slot to the right, single WR to the left and Orton stairs down the left side and throws left. lol

Bronx33
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I loved that everytime they put Tebow in at WR, Orton never looked his way. He was open a couple of times too.

Just thought that was funny. Tebow in the slot to the right, single WR to the left and Orton stairs down the left side and throws left. lol

Orton was probably under orders not to get tebow killed by throwing to him.

Popps
09-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Wish he could have caught a pass or two. Would have been epic.

hambone13
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Yeah, damn funny. Orton in his "infinite poise, football IQ, etc." is still the consummate master of the stare down. It was nice to see him look to his 2nd option since Lloyd wasn't in though.....

GreatBronco16
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah, damn funny. Orton in his "infinite poise, football IQ, etc." is still the consummate master of the stare down. It was nice to see him look to his 2nd option since Lloyd wasn't in though.....

Well his first option today was his second option actually.:~ohyah!:

Gort
09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Wish he could have caught a pass or two. Would have been epic.

Tebow could have been wide open in the endzone for the winning TD with 0:01 on the clock and Orton still wouldn't have thrown to him. no way does Orton want to do anything to fuel the "folk hero" status that Tebow has going right now.

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-264257/cache/xBRONCOS_BENGALS_JL279.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.j pg

broncosteven
09-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I was right about mCd having a lot of question marks due to the lack of his experience, age, and ability.

I think Fox was a great hire, he is a guy who can stablize the franchise. Is he going to win 3 SB's in 5 years? maybe not but he will balance out our O, bring us a D that can bail out the O and win some games and brings years of NFL experience and leadership to the table that this team sorely needed.

I like what I saw today creatively wise, I thought the opening drive was the best since Shanny left.

I hate to see guys hurt but McGahee is the RB this team needs. Will we get better having KM available on 3rd downs and in the passing game? yes. Should McG be the starting RB? YES!

This was a game Wink would have lost last year. I think we are showing that when guys go down the guys behind them are ready (or at least willing) to step up and play, unlike what is happening in KFC.

Congrats Fox, there is still quite a bit to work on but there is a reason to be optimistic this year, something I haven't been in 2 years.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Orton needs to work on his mechanics and he needs to learn to be sneaky out there.

hambone13
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Tebow could have been wide open in the endzone for the winning TD with 0:01 on the clock and Orton still wouldn't have thrown to him. no way does Orton want to do anything to fuel the "folk hero" status that Tebow has going right now.

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-264257/cache/xBRONCOS_BENGALS_JL279.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.j pg

Great point. That would have been identical to the winning Lotto ticket of Hillis seeing a legit play during McD's era.

Punisher
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Lol so now hes a 1st pick WR

Bronco Yoda
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Nice win considering more than half our payroll was on the bench.

The D stopped them in the end. The running game looked a little better.

ScottXray
09-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Congrats to coach Fox and the staff for finding a way to get a win today!

That's ONE! Now keep it up and hang one on Tenn next week

:wave:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Might have been the progression of the play. Do we even know if the guy can catch? While running a route? He was the EMERGENCY RECEIVER. Did he spend any time this week running routes? Or was he just out there as a decoy?

lol indeed.

Bronco Yoda
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Mays showed improvement

I was thinking the same thing. Hope it continues.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Yep, hard to argue with starry-eyed true believers.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Also, to the point of the thread:

Good win, Coach Fox. Impressed with some of the changes, and I'm now on the "Knowshon can't play for ****" wagon, and I'd love to see McGahee get more touches.

Here's to many more.

DBroncos4life
09-18-2011, 07:36 PM

How in the hell would Orton making Tebow look good at WR be a bad thing for Orton?

strafen
09-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Tebow played and we won.

The way we ran the ball and palyed defense, it doesn't matter who was the QB. We would win anyway...
Wait! Ha!

Gort
09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Yep, hard to argue with starry-eyed true believers.

Orton was never going to throw to Tebow for a multitude of reasons, both legit and non-legit. legit reason... very little practice time together. non-legit reason... did not want to fuel the Tebow media complex by letting Tebow catch a couple of balls and maybe do something memorable on one of those catches.

TailgateNut
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM

ROFL!

Those few mini tebow chants were barely noticeable today. Your folk hero doesn't have too many folks.

Gort
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
How in the hell would Orton making Tebow look good at WR be a bad thing for Orton?

anything that ratchets up the calls for Tebow to play is a distraction to Fox and Orton. do you disagree with that? here's a scenario for you... let's say Tebow catches 1 ball and runs for a TD. then Orton never throws to him again for the rest of the game and the Broncos lose the game. do you think the Denver Post and sports radio is NOT going to make that the storyline of the game? Tebow was there because they needed 11 guys on the field. that's all.

DBroncos4life
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
anything that ratchets up the calls for Tebow to play is a distraction to Fox and Orton. do you disagree with that? here's a scenario for you... let's say Tebow catches 1 ball and runs for a TD. then Orton never throws to him again for the rest of the game and the Broncos lose the game. do you think the Denver Post and sports radio is NOT going to make that the storyline of the game? Tebow was there because they needed 11 guys on the field. that's all.

They are going to make a story about Tebow regardless. Logic would say if Orton makes Tebow look good at WR it would only improve his job securtiy.

Gort
09-18-2011, 08:14 PM
ROFL!

Those few mini tebow chants were barely noticeable today. Your folk hero doesn't have too many folks.

you misunderstand completely who is calling for Tebow to play and why.

i know you're not very bright and you've simplified it in your tiny pea-sized brain to be "religious nuts want Tebow" vs. everyone else, but that's not what it is at all. it's about the fans tired of the Broncos losing and seeing Orton being a big reason for those many losses since he's come here. he's not fully to blame. there are lots of problems to be fixed on the team. but Orton is not a comeback guy and he disappears for large sections of games when we need him to actually lead the team to some scores. don't kid yourself either... the Broncos were very lucky to win today. the Bungles had real chances late to steal the game because Orton didn't put TDs on the scoreboard early when we had the chances to.

anyway, back to Tebow. the reason people are calling for Tebow during games where the Broncos are being outclassed is because we saw something in him late in 2010 that deserves a chance to be seen for more than a 3-game audition. if ti turns out he's not the answer, then everybody moves on and we draft another QB. but with Orton being awful, what are fans supposed to do? just sit quietly on their hands? today, the Broncos led all game, so even though Orton didn't put the game away when he should have, Broncos fans didn't reach a level of disgust with his performance to start chanting. if Orton wins, they'll support him. if Orton loses, they'll support whoever is next in line, which seems more likely to be Tebow than Quinn.

if you don't understand this, it's because you are blinded by your own bigotry.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Might have been the progression of the play. Do we even know if the guy can catch? While running a route? He was the EMERGENCY RECEIVER. Did he spend any time this week running routes? Or was he just out there as a decoy?

lol indeed.

In other words, if Tebow wasn't the 1st option he wasn't going to get a look, because with Orton there really is only one receiver. The rest are decoys.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM

I tend to agree, but then I wonder why not put Virgil Green out there? Or Jeremiah Johnson? No, this was done to send a signal to the fans clamoring for Tebow to start at QB. Teams don't put a guy they value as a QB at WR. They just don't. They do it with players they see as little more than gimmick players. Translation for the fans: Tebow is a gimmick player, not a QB we want starting, live with it.

TailgateNut
09-18-2011, 08:21 PM

i know you're not very bright and you've simplified it in your tiny pea-sized brain to be "religious nuts want Tebow" vs. everyone else, but that's not what it is at all. it's about the fans tired of the Broncos losing and seeing Orton being a big reason for those many losses since he's come here. he's not fully to blame. there are lots of problems to be fixed on the team. but Orton is not a comeback guy and he disappears for large sections of games when we need him to actually lead the team to some scores. don't kid yourself either... the Broncos were very lucky to win today. the Bungles had real chances late to steal the game because Orton didn't put TDs on the scoreboard early when we had the chances to.

anyway, back to Tebow. the reason people are calling for Tebow during games where the Broncos are being outclassed is because we saw something in him late in 2010 that deserves a chance to be seen for more than a 3-game audition. if ti turns out he's not the answer, then everybody moves on and we draft another QB. but with Orton being awful, what are fans supposed to do? just sit quietly on their hands? today, the Broncos led all game, so even though Orton didn't put the game away when he should have, Broncos fans didn't reach a level of disgust with his performance to start chanting. if Orton wins, they'll support him. if Orton loses, they'll support whoever is next in line, which seems more likely to be Tebow than Quinn.

Ha!

OABB
09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Ha!

there is a pwned smilie? good find.

Gort
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
I tend to agree, but then I wonder why not put Virgil Green out there? Or Jeremiah Johnson? No, this was done to send a signal to the fans clamoring for Tebow to start at QB. Teams don't put a guy they value as a QB at WR. They just don't. They do it with players they see as little more than gimmick players. Translation for the fans: Tebow is a gimmick player, not a QB we want starting, live with it.

running backs and tight ends probably wouldn't know the wide receivers routes/responsiblities on the plays. only the QBs and WRs know, so that's why i think Tebow was out there. i wouldn't read too much into it other than that, however it's possible that for this game, because of Tebow's possible role if we lost a WR, Quinn probably knew he'd be going in if Orton was hurt. because they knew Lloyd might not play, they did actually prepare this week in case Tebow had to go in as WR.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Translation for the fans: Tebow is a gimmick player, not a QB we want starting, live with it.

Hell must be freezing over... I completely agree.

You do risk a franchise QB by playing him as a WR. The staff seriously tipped their hand here.

Gort
09-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Ha!

does Satan actually speak to you, or does he send you messages through your dog, like the Son of Sam killer?

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
does Satan actually speak to you, or does he send you messages through your dog, like the Son of Sam killer?

I saw a guy named Newmen that has his mail route. Lotta dogs on it. Or so the story goes.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM

You do risk a franchise QB by playing him as a WR. The staff seriously tipped their hand here.

Too bad you don't get how stupid that is. You actually think they are right. ::)

Taco John
09-18-2011, 08:30 PM

Orton's reads were hilarious when Tebow was in the game. He was laser focused on his #1 option and threw it there even if he had to force it.

Popps
09-18-2011, 08:31 PM

You do risk a franchise QB playing him as a WR. The staff seriously tipped their hand here.

They had Kordell Stewart on ESPN the other morning talking about Tebow. (I'm sure most saw it.) But, he firmly felt that Tebow should have to earn his playing time, much like he did. Now, say what you want about Stewart... but he had his 15 minutes of fame, played in a championship game, etc. Somewhat interesting to me that he felt like Tebow would be just fine putting in some work/time before getting the full-time gig. I doubt Tebow minded lining up at WR one bit. I honestly believe he's sincere when he says he'll do anything to help the team. But, clearly he wants to start at some point.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Too bad you don't get how stupid that is. You actually think they are right. ::)

Tried to be civil... won't do that again.

Popps
09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Orton's reads were hilarious when Tebow was in the game. He was laser focused on his #1 option and threw it there even if he had to force it.

But, I mean... if Brady Quinn was our emergency WR... you think Orton would have been throwing his way, either? I would have loved Tebow to make a catch or two, but more for the novelty of it. Clearly, a back-up QB is not generally going to be a QB's first or second option.

Agamemnon
running backs and tight ends probably wouldn't know the wide receivers routes/responsiblities on the plays. only the QBs and WRs know, so that's why i think Tebow was out there. i wouldn't read too much into it other than that, however it's possible that for this game, because of Tebow's possible role if we lost a WR, Quinn probably knew he'd be going in if Orton was hurt. because they knew Lloyd might not play, they did actually prepare this week in case Tebow had to go in as WR.

It's not that hard to say to a TE or RB run X route (curl, slant, etc.). Obviously they are going to be the third or fourth option anyway so you don't need them to understand every nuance of the play. I'm pretty sure their experience actually running routes trumps Tebow's theoretical knowledge of said routes anyway.

Agamemnon
Tried to be civil... won't do that again.

Good. You agreeing with me makes me feel dirty.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
They had Kordell Stewart on ESPN the other morning talking about Tebow. (I'm sure most saw it.) But, he firmly felt that Tebow should have to earn his playing time, much like he did. Now, say what you want about Stewart... but he had his 15 minutes of fame, played in a championship game, etc. Somewhat interesting to me that he felt like Tebow would be just fine putting in some work/time before getting the full-time gig. I doubt Tebow minded lining up at WR one bit. I honestly believe he's sincere when he says he'll do anything to help the team. But, clearly he wants to start at some point.

Thats all fine, but my only point is the POV of the FO and coaching staff. If they viewed Tebow as having the potential of being our franchise QB they would not risk playing him at WR. IMO that tells us a lot about how they view Tebow.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2011, 08:37 PM
He was the emergency WR today. I don't think that speaks to his future with the franchise.

Rother8
Like others have mentioned, a win is a win especially with the number of starters we had missing.

Can't wait til next week.

OABB
Thats all fine, but my only point is the POV of the FO and coaching staff. If they viewed Tebow as having the potential of being our franchise QB they would not risk playing him at WR. IMO that tells us a lot about how they view Tebow.

or they recognize that he is an incredible athlete who literally can play the position in a pinch?

Popps

Well, the fact that he's at #3 on the depth chart sort of tipped me off to that. :)

I do hope he sticks around and gets a chance, at some point. Hopefully he'll have a great off-season of work and can compete for a starting gig next season.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM

At this point I'm actually starting to think Tebow's affability is working against him. There comes a point when a guy needs to stand up for himself, and that just doesn't seem to be something he's capable of doing. He's just too much of a "yes, coach" guy for his own good.

Note to Tebow: These assholes are hanging you out to dry and are likely going to trade you for a ham sandwich at the first opportunity. Start looking out for yourself. Letting them line you up at WR is not looking out for yourself, and is not good for your career as a QB.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
or they recognize that he is an incredible athlete who literally can play the position in a pinch?

Just looking at it from a risk reward standpoint.

If it's me, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I let my franchise QB play WR, even in a pinch.

To be honest, I doubt he is a better WR than some of the scrap heap FA's that are still left. For that reason alone I'd rather one of them than my future QB. Add the injury potential and it seems like a significant risk for little if any reward.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, the fact that he's at #3 on the depth chart sort of tipped me off to that. :)

I do hope he sticks around and gets a chance, at some point. Hopefully he'll have a great off-season of work and can compete for a starting gig next season.

Who's #3 on the depth chart? I'm pretty sure that line is blank.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM

True...

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 08:45 PM
He was the emergency WR today. I don't think that speaks to his future with the franchise.

Virtually every move and comment regarding him under this regime has done that fine. Barring a miracle Tebow will never be the starting QB for the Broncos. I really can't conclude anything else at this point.

bombay
09-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Yep. Congrats to the coach for taking this decimated team and getting a big win. We needed it.

Kaylore
09-18-2011, 08:57 PM

And the other half of the time he'd audible to a run that went nowhere.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Orton was never going to throw to Tebow for a multitude of reasons, both legit and non-legit. legit reason... very little practice time together. non-legit reason... did not want to fuel the Tebow media complex by letting Tebow catch a couple of balls and maybe do something memorable on one of those catches.

Right. Because of the grand conspiracy orchestrated by Kyle Orton to get the front office and head coach see that Tebow isn't a starting quarterback. Oh, he also convinced the media.

But you're a freedom fighter. Just don't give up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 09:02 PM
In other words, if Tebow wasn't the 1st option he wasn't going to get a look, because with Orton there really is only one receiver. The rest are decoys.

Yes, in other words if your brain doesn't work. Bzzt. Short circuit, eh Aga?

If Tebow didn't get any practice time with the offense as a wideout, would he be a reliable target? And if not, would he likely be the FIRST option? Or the LAST?

Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
09-18-2011, 09:03 PM
At this point I'm actually starting to think Tebow's affability is working against him. There comes a point when a guy needs to stand up for himself, and that just doesn't seem to be something he's capable of doing. He's just too much of a "yes, coach" guy for his own good.

Note to Tebow: These a-holes are hanging you out to dry and are likely going to trade you for a ham sandwich at the first opportunity. Start looking out for yourself. Letting them line you up at WR is not looking out for yourself, and is not good for your career as a QB.

I don't know about that, dude. I agree that he's being treated shabbily, but this is first and foremost a PR game. Everything flows from there. Tebow has to be a nice guy..and affable guy...a "I'll do whatever the team wants (even though they are being supreme *****)" otherwise he'll allow the FO to get the upper hand in this larger war for public opinion. Tebow's strong fan support is the only thing that kept them from getting rid of him earlier. Malevolent attention whores (Woody, Kiszla) and team di******ers (Klis) in the press are waiting for a big PR mistake on Tebow's part to blast him.

He's got to be very careful. Right now, the team remains backed into a difficult corner. He shouldn't do anything to let them off the hook. He's got to do every single thing they ask of him and with a smile and God Bless You after that.

They'll leak anything he does that reflects badly (were do you think the Tebow is 4th string came from?). I know how these people act...they're thugs. They drug Jay's name through the mud to get the upper hand two summers ago. Tebow has played this BEAUTIFULLY so far. He should continue to do so.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 09:04 PM

Great! You finally come around! Tebow is a utility player!

Not a quarterback.

Nice you've finally figured it out.

maven
09-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Good for the new coach to get his 1st win.

OABB
09-18-2011, 09:06 PM

Not a quarterback.

He's a physical specimen and a winner. no wonder you don't like him.

Why do you hate the broncos?

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't know about that, dude. I agree that he's being treated shabbily, but this is first and foremost a PR game. Everything flows from there. Tebow has to be a nice guy..and affable guy...a "I'll do whatever the team wants (even though they are being supreme *****)" otherwise he'll allow the FO to get the upper hand in this larger war for public opinion. Tebow's strong fan support is the only thing that kept them from getting rid of him earlier. Malevolent attention whores (Woody, Kiszla) and team di******ers (Klis) in the press are waiting for a big PR mistake on Tebow's part to blast him.

He's got to be very careful. Right now, the team remains backed into a difficult corner. He shouldn't do anything to let them off the hook. He's got to do every single thing they ask of him and with a smile and God Bless You after that.

They'll leak anything he does that reflects badly (were do you think the Tebow is 4th string came from?). I know how these people act...they're thugs. They drug Jay's name through the mud to get the upper hand two summers ago. Tebow has played this BEAUTIFULLY so far. He should continue to do so.

Maybe you are right. I just don't even see him seeing the field this year, so I'm really not sure it does him much good.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM
He's a physical specimen and a winner. no wonder you don't like him.

Why do you hate the broncos?

/yawn

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 09:09 PM

Not a quarterback.

So what's Orton? He's not a utility player or a quarterback, so hmm...

Hulamau
09-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Ya... How many starters where out from the second quarter on?

I saw Julius Thomas leave and I don't think I saw him come back. Royal too.

Royal
M. Thomas
D. Thomas
J. Thomas
LLoyd
Moreno
DJ Williams
Champ

Those are all guys you're counting on for production and all gone. They still managed to win an NFL game.

Props to them.

I didn't see Julius come back either! I was afraid after watching the replay this might be a serious high ankle or even a possible break?

Congrats too to Fox and all with this Bandaid Brigade! the annouces said tha over 50% of the total Broncos payroll was out and that was before Royal ( which looks like a longer terms serious groin pull ... I fear the 'off the bone' variety but hope not!

The only one I dont congrats is Tuten with the sheer number of muscle pulls and strains. There really shouldnt be SO MANY hammys and groins of they are stretching right meaning ZERO static stretch during warm-up jsut befoer games .. only dynamic stretching then and reserve static stretching for after the game or next day!?

Id really like to know from any who attend the games live what this team is doing now pregame static or dynamic??

OABB
09-18-2011, 09:21 PM
/yawn

this would luck hilarious under your avatar.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, in other words if your brain doesn't work. Bzzt. Short circuit, eh Aga?

If Tebow didn't get any practice time with the offense as a wideout, would he be a reliable target? And if not, would he likely be the FIRST option? Or the LAST?

Hilarious!

Clearly my comment went over your head. I wasn't complaining that Tebow didn't get a look. I was pointing out that the #1 receiver is the only guy that gets looks when it comes to Orton.

Rolandftw
09-18-2011, 09:41 PM

I don't put too much into team a defeated team b, and team b was supposed to be real good this year. Titans played a great game, and deserved the win but they also lost to the Jaguars week 1. And the Jaguars got killed against the Jets. Does that mean the Jets are a better team then the Ravens? And the Steelers, since the Ravens killed the Steelers week 1?

On any given Sunday..

It's a winnable game for Denver.. other then KC probably their most winnable road game all year long. Not saying they will win but I think they'll have a shot. Think it'll be within a td either way.

Br0nc0Buster
09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I would of been pissed had we lost this game

still wish this team could find ways to not constantly shoot themselves in the foot
I figured some of thought was more of a reflection of coaching and would improve under Fox, well.....

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 09:44 PM
I don't put too much into team a defeated team b, and team b was supposed to be real good this year. Titans played a great game, and deserved the win but they also lost to the Jaguars week 1. And the Jaguars got killed against the Jets. Does that mean the Jets are a better team then the Ravens? And the Steelers, since the Ravens killed the Steelers week 1?

On any given Sunday..

It's a winnable game for Denver.. other then KC probably their most winnable road game all year long. Not saying they will win but I think they'll have a shot. Think it'll be within a td either way.

My point was that we don't stand a chance if we play like we played today barring divine intervention. If we play considerably better then things change now don't they?

maven
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM

Hopefully some players come back to have a real shot on the road.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I would of been pissed had we lost this game

still wish this team could find ways to not constantly shoot themselves in the foot
I figured some of thought was more of a reflection of coaching and would improve under Fox, well.....

I think the reality is starting to set in that this is still not a well coached team.

colonelbeef
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM

you mean what they had after McDaniels purged the talent?

If so, I totally agree. Great job given the terrible roster McShambles handed over.

colonelbeef
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I think the reality is starting to set in that this is still not a well coached team.

they are miles ahead of where they were last year. The defense looks like it has a gameplan, total shocker.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
they are miles ahead of where they were last year. The defense looks like it has a gameplan, total shocker.

We've played two bad teams so far and have struggled and looked clueless on many plays. Get back to me when the meat of the schedule starts. I don't see a well coached team overall. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Honestly I haven't seen anything yet that last year's team couldn't have done as well. We were competitive in over half our games last year. I think people forget that.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2011, 10:37 PM
you mean what they had after McDaniels purged the talent?

If so, I totally agree. Great job given the terrible roster McShambles handed over.

Color me surprised you couldnt post without a jab at McDaniels.

NUB
09-18-2011, 10:57 PM
The team looked good today. It felt very much like a reverse scenario of Monday night with Denver committing a lot of errors but still coming out on top. Also, don't know who the new commentator was but he was pretty solid; huge improvement over Trent Dilfer. The rest of the schedule is still horrifying and I still think if we miss the playoffs then all these games have little value to the team's long-term health.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 11:01 PM
The team looked good today. It felt very much like a reverse scenario of Monday night with Denver committing a lot of errors but still coming out on top. Also, don't know who the new commentator was but he was pretty solid; huge improvement over Trent Dilfer. The rest of the schedule is still horrifying and I still think if we miss the playoffs then all these games have little value to the team's long-term health.

You really think the team looked "good" today?

Popps
09-18-2011, 11:05 PM
NUB,

Any win has long-term value, imo. We only won 4 times last year. This team needs all the W's they can get. We have a lot of young guys who needs to learn how to be a part of a winning structure. To me, 7 wins this year does a lot more to build a core of confidence for next year than 3 or 4. Look at Detroit last year. Mediocre record, but you could tell they were building something. Wins matter.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 11:06 PM
NUB,

Any win has long-term value, imo. We only won 4 times last year. This team needs all the W's they can get. We have a lot of young guys who needs to learn how to be a part of a winning structure. To me, 7 wins this year does a lot more to build a core of confidence for next year than 3 or 4. Look at Detroit last year. Mediocre record, but you could tell they were building something. Wins matter.

What long-term value did those first six wins with McD have? I'm curious...

Popps
09-18-2011, 11:11 PM

Uh huh. So you believe success is built upon losses.

K, well... thanks for checking in.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2011, 11:11 PM

Who cares? If McD lost those 6 games, he would have found a way to trade down the #1 pick for three guys that would already be off our roster. At least we had some wins but that also gave us false hope. Hell, I fell for it. I think something major happened with our D.C. Nolan after that. No way you can tank that bad and ego got in the way.

TheDave
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Who cares? If McD lost those 6 games, he would have found a way to trade down the #1 pick for three guys that would already be off our roster. At least we had some wins but that also gave us false hope. Hell, I fell for it. I think something major happened with our D.C. Nolan after that. No way you can tank that bad and ego got in the way.

I swear that one of these days NFL films will do one of those Top 10 worst coaching tenures of all time. The kid makes a solid argument for for the top spot on that list.

Rolandftw
09-18-2011, 11:20 PM
My point was that we don't stand a chance if we play like we played today barring divine intervention. If we play considerably better then things change now don't they?

True. Or the Titans could play like they did week 1, and they'll have a chance too. Hard to say.

I see the Titans much like us; a team kinda half caught between rebuilding and trying to win.

broncocalijohn
09-18-2011, 11:26 PM
I swear that one of these days NFL films will do one of those Top 10 worst coaching tenures of all time. The kid makes a solid argument for for the top spot on that list.

Well, then if it is labeled Top 10 Franchise Wreckers, he will probably just need to beat out Ryan Leaf for that honor. Only thing he did real ****ing good.

Agamemnon
09-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Uh huh. So you believe success is built upon losses.

K, well... thanks for checking in.

He said "any win has long-term value". My question was specifically directed at that line of reasoning. It seems highly questionable to me, but you go ahead and jump to some lame-ass conclusion that has nothing to do with my post if you like.

NUB
09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
NUB,

This is not a rule. For example, the Lions were losing bad for a number of years, then went 7-9 before going 0-16. Many Pyrrhic wins are abound in the NFL and Denver should be the one to know that best, no? Also, the difference between last year's Lions and this one's is Stafford; a QB. By ignoring the giant elephant in the room that is Orton's not being here next year the team is only harming itself. If we end the season 8-8 it is a disaster. Hooray, the team improved, thank you Orton who is leaving for giving us a draft position that forces us into selling out our draft on an already thin squad or missing a QB of the future. Boy does this mediocrity thing feel real familiar.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Virtually every move and comment regarding him under this regime has done that fine. Barring a miracle Tebow will never be the starting QB for the Broncos. I really can't conclude anything else at this point.

will you promise to go away with him?

fontaine
09-19-2011, 04:07 AM

Go back and rewatch the game. The majority of Cinci's points came in the 2nd half against Goodman/Vaughn. Especially Vaughn who in the 3rd quarter was visibely out of breath and gassed. They continued to pick on those two guys the major reason why they went to an up tempo offense was to take advantage of Vaughn being tired.

There's no adjustment you can make for that when you're already short on secondary players.

The coaches waited until the last drive and then got aggressive and sent blitzes against Dalton instead which was the perfect way to do it instead of blitzing early in the 4th since we still had a lead.

fontaine
09-19-2011, 04:27 AM

Yeah, I saw that too. Where ever Tebow was lined up, Orton looked the opposite way and locked on.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I saw that too. Where ever Tebow was lined up, Orton looked the opposite way and locked on.

Should he have thrown it to our Useless PR ploy?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Should he have thrown it to our Useless PR ploy?

Evidently a guy who caught a couple passes in warmups is TOTALLY a better option than guys who have been playing the position since camp.

TOTALLY better. Because he's Tim Tebow.

TheChamp24
09-19-2011, 06:57 AM
I think at that time, it would have been much better to use a trick play and run a reverse pass with Tebow.
Tebow gets the reverse, stops, and chucks it all the way back to Orton who with his lightning fast speed runs in for the touchdown.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah, congrats to Coach Fox and the rest of the team. To be shorthanded, go -2 in turnovers and still win is something to feel good about.

errand
09-19-2011, 08:20 AM

Yes the master of stare down passed to 9 different people last week... and 7 different people this week

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Yes the master of stare down passed to 9 different people last week... and 7 different people this week

Stare down.

:rofl:

Tombstone RJ
09-19-2011, 08:33 AM

sorry brosef, but dumping off the a RB out of the backfield is still sucktastic IMHO. Fact is, Orton still has a lot to work on especially in the redzone. But, a win is a win so congrats to Fox and KO. Now they play the Titans... ouch...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 08:35 AM
sorry brosef, but dumping off the a RB out of the backfield is still sucktastic IMHO. Fact is, Orton still has a lot to work on especially in the redzone. But, a win is a win so congrats to Fox and KO. Now they play the Titans... ouch...

You're absolutely right. He should force the ball into double coverage down the field instead of picking up yards.

You are knowledgeable about football.

Tombstone RJ
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
You're absolutely right. He should force the ball into double coverage down the field instead of picking up yards.

He already does that! Yah, I do watch the games.

Rabb
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM

eh, there was a play that he hit a RB on a nice little dump, and I swear it looked like a WR (Decker maybe?) was equally open about 5-10 yards up field

I don't mind the dump offs and I don't hate the guy, but Orton certainly locks in and checks down with the best of them

then again I was in the stands, so I might have not seen it as clearly

errand
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM

I'm thinkin they just put him in just so little tebow fans could squeal for their hero....

Even the beatles let ringo starr sing a song or 2

errand
09-19-2011, 08:45 AM

Note to Tebow: These a-holes are hanging you out to dry and are likely going to trade you for a ham sandwich at the first opportunity. Start looking out for yourself. Letting them line you up at WR is not looking out for yourself, and is not good for your career as a QB.

Not to mention it makes you look even stupider than before.... and it confirms what everybody else has been telling us....... that he is not ready to start as quarterback...maybe next season.

errand
09-19-2011, 08:47 AM

Could Tim tebow be the next eric crouch?

errand
09-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Maybe you are right. I just don't even see him seeing the field this year, so I'm really not sure it does him much good.

He's already seen the field...... he's already been on the field

maven
09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Could Tim tebow be the next eric crouch?

Crouch was given the chance to move immediately to safety. He didn't. well, he's gone.

errand
09-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Clearly my comment went over your head. I wasn't complaining that Tebow didn't get a look. I was pointing out that the #1 receiver is the only guy that gets looks when it comes to Orton.

And again, Orton threw to 9 different receivers last game and 7 different receivers this game

DBroncos4life
09-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Crouch was given the chance to move immediately to safety. He didn't. well, he's gone.

Crouch was drafted to play WR. Scott Frost was moved to saftey.

zdoor
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Congrats to coach FOX.... But, going into that game with only 3WR's was lame....

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
How far we have fallen when we celebrate a win over Cincy ugh.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM

Celebrated a win over Houston last year.

Some of us celebrate every win.

You could always not comment. Just a thought. You know, if it's so off-putting for you.

DBroncos4life
09-19-2011, 09:39 AM

I think its sad that we cant be happy with the win cause of who the starting QB is.

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I think its sad that we cant be happy with the win cause of who the starting QB is.

I hate Orton but, aside from that it was Cincy. Wake me when we beat SD NE Jets Pitt NO type quality teams on a regular basis.

DenVa BroncHoos
09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
McDaniels and Fox had one thing in common: Each had their first Broncos win against the Bengals. I hope that is where the similarities end.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
I hate Orton but, aside from that it was Cincy. Wake me when we beat SD NE Jets Pitt NO type quality teams on a regular basis.

Go to sleep little girl. We'll wake you when we go for our next Back to Back SB win. It sure does seem that's when many of you spoiled ass bitches came on board. .....and now you are all sad and want to go through a new QB each year until the end of time.

BTW: we'll be lucky to eeek out one win against those four regardless of who is tossing the rock.

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Go to sleep little girl. We'll wake you when we go for our next Back to Back SB win. It sure does seem that's when many of you spoiled ass b****es came on board. .....and now you are all sad and want to go through a new QB each year until the end of time.

BTW: we'll be lucky to eeek out one win against those four regardless of who is tossing the rock.

LOL too funny

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 11:17 AM

How far do you want to go back? We have had one winning season since 2005! This is how it is not one or two seasons but 6 seasons! We have only 16 games in a season so I would think any win is important. How would the locker room be if we were 0-2? This win, regardless of the opponent was huge. We aren't very good but at least for the moment we are in first place.

TailgateNut
09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
LOL too funny

I see you have two basseball teams, do you also have a back-up NFL team. You should explore jumping on that wagon for a while. We wont miss you.

crush17
09-19-2011, 11:29 AM
The only thing I can say after reading this thread is: "Welcome to the ignore list, Agamemnon"

What a horrible poster.

errand
09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
The only thing I can say after reading this thread is: "Welcome to the ignore list, Agamemnon"

What a horrible poster.

Well what is tim tebow agent suppose to post?

Peoples Champ
09-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Tebow played and we won.

he is a winner

broncoblue
09-19-2011, 12:28 PM
PROUD TO BE A BRONCO LAST NIGHT!!!!
an injury ravaged side got a win and i got a hangover and severe tiredness this morning hahaha ,went to bed at 1am and up for work at 5am sucked but worth it. ,,monday morning hangovers ...footy is back

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 12:42 PM

He has admitted not wanting to talk to the guy anymore than he has to, did anyone think he was going to be his go to target?

Didn't think so.

broncosteven
09-19-2011, 12:44 PM
McDaniels and Fox had one thing in common: Each had their first Broncos win against the Bengals. I hope that is where the similarities end.

But Fox didn't need a once in a life time tip drill to bail him out. They took care of business when it counted.

maven
09-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Crouch was drafted to play WR. Scott Frost was moved to saftey.

Vague memory, but I thought they wanted him to convert to play safety. anyway, he gone.

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2011, 01:20 PM
I see you have two basseball teams, do you also have a back-up NFL team. You should explore jumping on that wagon for a while. We wont miss you.

I hate baseball btw.

Yeah let's pull out the who is a better fan card again.

I will never bail on the Broncos good or bad.

I guess we are so low right now beating anyone should be celebrated TY Bowlen TY McD's.

I enjoy this place alot TY TJ but, why is it when you post anything fans don't agree with its so personal and all geez. If you met me live I'm one of the nicest people around. I post things to stir the pot it's a message board.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I hate baseball btw.

Yeah let's pull out the who is a better fan card again.

I will never bail on the Broncos good or bad.

I guess we are so low right now beating anyone should be celebrated TY Bowlen TY McD's.

I enjoy this place alot TY TJ but, why is it when you post anything fans don't agree with its so personal and all geez. If you met me live I'm one of the nicest people around. I post things to stir the pot it's a message board.

You better not be a cop.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3295141#post3295141

post #56

hambone13
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM

Post has win written all over it, except in the places where you were forced to put "Orton"......

hambone13
09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I didn't see Julius come back either! I was afraid after watching the replay this might be a serious high ankle or even a possible break?

Congrats too to Fox and all with this Bandaid Brigade! the annouces said tha over 50% of the total Broncos payroll was out and that was before Royal ( which looks like a longer terms serious groin pull ... I fear the 'off the bone' variety but hope not!

The only one I dont congrats is Tuten with the sheer number of muscle pulls and strains. There really shouldnt be SO MANY hammys and groins of they are stretching right meaning ZERO static stretch during warm-up jsut befoer games .. only dynamic stretching then and reserve static stretching for after the game or next day!?

Id really like to know from any who attend the games live what this team is doing now pregame static or dynamic??

I've been saying this for 3 or 4 years now. Tuten's gotta have a video of Bowlen with a couple of young boys or something. I can't believe that guy is still around. Our capacity for these highly preventable injuries is ludicrous. I'd be interested to see some real stats on that. Have you ever seen a study on it? We've gotta be one of the worst teams with these hammy and groin injuries. It was even bad for Shanny's last 3-5 years.

hambone13
09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I think at that time, it would have been much better to use a trick play and run a reverse pass with Tebow.
Tebow gets the reverse, stops, and chucks it all the way back to Orton who with his lightning fast speed runs in for the touchdown.

Hilarious!Hilarious!LOL

NFLBRONCO
09-19-2011, 02:11 PM
You better not be a cop.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3295141#post3295141

post #56

I'm not thankfully

hambone13
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
And again, Orton threw to 9 different receivers last game and 7 different receivers this game

That doesn't change the fact that he's stares them down when he throws to them.

jhns
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM

I got to watch Crouch play QB, with George Foster at tackle, the other day.

Cito Pelon
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Ya gotta love Tebow's willingness to come into the game as an WR. That has to endear him to the vets. That was stud for a first-round QB, to be willing to contribute any way he can.

Pendejo
09-19-2011, 03:40 PM

Nonsense. Every win counts. Even if the quarterback is a stiff. This team needs to get back in the habit of winning regularly.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I got to watch Crouch play QB, with George Foster at tackle, the other day.

Is that USFL? I thought they werent playing this season. Fill us in. Hopefully Foster much better when he isnt in the NFL.

Agamemnon
09-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Nonsense. Every win counts. Even if the quarterback is a stiff. This team needs to get back in the habit of winning regularly.

I think that was kind of his point...

cutthemdown
09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
What is Ortons record when he has a 100 yrd rusher?

DBroncos4life
09-19-2011, 04:57 PM
That doesn't change the fact that he's stares them down when he throws to them.

I prefer my QBs to have their eyes open when they throw to the WR. ;)

jhns
09-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Is that USFL? I thought they werent playing this season. Fill us in. Hopefully Foster much better when he isnt in the NFL.

They are on the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL. Crouch actually split time with some QB I didn't know. Foster and the line are pretty bad.

They gave away some free stuff to the first person that tweeted the player the Broncos selected in the first round in 03. I don't have a twitter account though...

The UFL is probably going under after this season. They had money trouble and weren't paying people last season. They have pretty much said they won't be around if they don't find a big TV deal soon. They dropped a team like a month before this season started.

Popps
11-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Congrats on getting us back to .500, coach.

Now, let's really get to work!