PDA

View Full Version : The Denver Broncos Thread

extralife
09-16-2011, 11:20 PM
This is the thread to talk about the Denver Broncos. I feel like we may have some people interested in the Denver Broncos here on timtebow.com, so I thought it was time for a thread. What do you guys think about the team? You can also talk about football in this thread.

OABB
09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
orton sucks..tebow should start. you?

tnedator
09-16-2011, 11:22 PM
They've done a pretty good job of filling the most glaring holes with a mix of rookies and targeted free agent signings (DT, RB and TE). Biggest issue is a week O-line, that 'hopefully' will gel in time, and virtually no depth on the O-line and much of the defense.

OBF1
09-16-2011, 11:25 PM
woohoo another Tim Tebow thread. Can you ever have too many??? I think not. REP

theAPAOps5
09-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Tim Tebow isn't getting a fair shake in this. I mean he pisses excellence.... except in practice of course.

broncocalijohn
09-16-2011, 11:38 PM
They've done a pretty good job of filling the most glaring holes with a mix of rookies and targeted free agent signings (DT, RB and TE). Biggest issue is a week O-line, that 'hopefully' will gel in time, and virtually no depth on the O-line and much of the defense.

Yeah, who would have thought that we would bitch more about the Oline than the DLine. Then again, I think we expected more this year from the OL and are disgusted by their game on Monday Night. If we have a good draft next year, much of the holes should be filling in.

Archer81
09-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Clearly this is an off-topic thread in on season mode. Denver Broncos...what silly person would name a team after a horse...

Denver Tebows FTW!

:Broncos:

tnedator
09-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah, who would have thought that we would b**** more about the Oline than the DLine. Then again, I think we expected more this year from the OL and are disgusted by their game on Monday Night. If we have a good draft next year, much of the holes should be filling in.

Yep, about sums it up.

Jason in LA
09-17-2011, 12:21 AM
So, does anybody else think that Orton sucks?

KO5K
09-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah, who would have thought that we would b**** more about the Oline than the DLine. Then again, I think we expected more this year from the OL and are disgusted by their game on Monday Night. If we have a good draft next year, much of the holes should be filling in.

I don't get why people expected much from this offensive line.

Walton and Beadles are poor, Clady still isn't back to his top 'form' (if you believe he ever will) and we have a rookie RT with a shortened off season.

It was always going to be a mess.

Damn you McDaniels and damn you EFX for refusing to take DTs.

TDmvp
09-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Clearly this is an off-topic thread in on season mode. Denver Broncos...what silly person would name a team after a horse...

Denver Tebows FTW!

I've heard from a reliable source that when Nike redoes some Unis here in the next couple years they are going with this for our new helmets.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/905/3012105w.jpg

Archer81
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I've heard from a reliable source that when Nike redoes some Unis here in the next couple years they was going with this for our new helmets.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/905/3012105w.jpg

This source on the light rail? Its the only source I trust.

That or Shanny on a boat in baja.

TDmvp
09-17-2011, 12:37 AM
Forgot the logo :)

uplink
09-17-2011, 12:38 AM
If Orton doesn't play well in the next week or two, they should just cut him and move on.

Archer81
09-17-2011, 12:41 AM
If Orton doesn't play well in the next week or two, they should just cut him and move on.

That would be surprising...and awesomely comic.

TDmvp
09-17-2011, 12:43 AM

If Orton doesn't play well this weekend , and we Lose and I have to hear about it all year from my moron friends in Cincinnati who are Bungholes fans I'm going to start doing a weekly comic strip called ...

The Adventures of Stupid Orton v.s. The Red Zone

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5741/krypto1r.jpg

I redid the Super Man emblem from last time I posted it :rofl:

myMind
09-17-2011, 12:45 AM
barf on the minions

http://theimghost.com/dm-7B9G.gif (http://theimghost.com/pm-7B9G.html)

Taco John
09-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Directionless thread is directionless.

If you want to talk about the Broncos, you need to start a thread with context. This often times will mean hitting up NFL.com for some stats on our team, or the team that we are about to face. Otherwise, the conversation will naturally go the direction the wind is blowing - and right now that wind is blowing foul.

IHaveALight
09-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Forgot the logo :)

Nice ORANGE helmet Timmy's wearing there! :thumbs:

extralife
09-17-2011, 01:43 AM

If you want to talk about the Broncos, you need to start a thread with context. This often times will mean hitting up NFL.com for some stats on our team, or the team that we are about to face. Otherwise, the conversation will naturally go the direction the wind is blowing - and right now that wind is blowing foul.

joke thread is joke thread.

not that it matters. if it don't throw a ball or carry a clipboard this place could care less.

gunns
09-17-2011, 11:20 AM

Well I did notice this yesterday. Denver's defense is ranked second in passing yards, but then again we were playing the Raiders. The Raider's defense is #1 in rushing yards, but of course that's cause they were playing us, which is probably why they are #2 in rushing offense too.

RhymesayersDU
09-17-2011, 11:26 AM
joke thread is joke thread.

not that it matters. if it don't throw a ball or carry a clipboard this place could care less.

Wait, do you mean to tell me that the quarterback is the most important position on the field, and that people are interested in said most important position?

No way!

bowtown
09-17-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I did notice this yesterday. Denver's defense is ranked second in passing yards, but then again we were playing the Raiders. The Raider's defense is #1 in rushing yards, but of course that's cause they were playing us, which is probably why they are #2 in rushing offense too.

Yeah, if teams keep running the ball at will against us, I expect our defense to easily finish in the top 5 in passing yards... how sweet it is.

TonyR
09-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't get why people expected much from this offensive line.

This has been covered multiple times in multiple threads:
Improvement from a healthy Clady (remember how good he was his rookie year?) and Kuper. Walton and Beadles no longer rookies. Running a system that better suits the talent than McD's system.

bowtown
09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Improvement from a healthy Clady (remember how good he was his rookie year?) and Kuper. Walton and Beadles no longer rookies. Running a system that better suits the talent than McD's system.

It's still early with a new Oline coach. Oline is always the last unit on the field to come together. I think it's way too early to be writing them entirely off.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Sloppy game. What was amazing was Denver only lost by 3. Thanks, Decker.

Only Decker and the 15 Oakland penalties for 131 yds kept Denver in the game. Denver lost the turnover battle 3-1.

Denver passes 51 times (46 attempts, 5 sacks), rushes 13 times for 38 yds. Oakland rushes for 190 yds.

Denver has 25 first downs (6 by penalty, which is 25% of their first downs).

Oakland nets 99 yds passing, but wins.

Sloppy game by the O. 51 passes, 13 rushes?????

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Why only 13 rush attempts out of 64 O plays?

randomtask
09-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Why only 13 rush attempts out of 64 O plays?

Continuous blitzing by Oakland, as well as formations containing 3 defensive tackles. They're good at stopping the run even when they aren't doing that, so why run plays that play to the strength of their defense (in general and from a game-planning perspective)?

bowtown
09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Continuous blitzing by Oakland, as well as formations containing 3 defensive tackles. They're good at stopping the run even when they aren't doing that, so why run plays that play to the strength of their defense (in general and from a game-planning perspective)?

Exactly, and with a good QB you can really capitalize on that which is why we... crap.

theAPAOps5
09-17-2011, 01:47 PM

Walton and Beadles might as well have been out of the game. They were blasted off the ball numerous times. They struggled the most as the Raiders interior line was owning them.

But that doesn't deflect from the others. All of them (except Beadles he couldn't even get a hand on his guy!) were called for holding, struggled, and just did not look in synch.

Hope it gets better but on the bright side, they can't get much worse.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 01:49 PM

Well, I know Denver's not gonna win only rushing 13 times, passing 51 times.

We'll see what happens.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Walton and Beadles might as well have been out of the game. They were blasted off the ball numerous times. They struggled the most as the Raiders interior line was owning them.

But that doesn't deflect from the others. All of them (except Beadles he couldn't even get a hand on his guy!) were called for holding, struggled, and just did not look in synch.

Hope it gets better but on the bright side, they can't get much worse.

Yeah, the O-line play was awful. But nevertheless, why only 13 rushing plays?

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Exactly, and with a good QB you can really capitalize on that which is why we... crap.

Eh, the entire O was full of fail. Dropped passes, fumbles, missed blocks, penalties, not ready for prime time and back to the drawing board.

gunns
09-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Wait, do you mean to tell me that the quarterback is the most important position on the field, and that people are interested in said most important position?

No way!

Nope. Lost interest half way through Plummer and nothing has caught my interest yet. Very, very interested in the defensive positions though.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 02:22 PM
It was kind of funny in a disgusting kind of way that after the game Champ Bailey was interviewed about the defense and he said "it stinks" twice in less than 30 seconds.

broncosteven
09-17-2011, 04:05 PM

You mean Belichick's system.

Did anyone else watch the NFLN show on Belly? In it they show a couple shots of the Patsy loss to mCd's team and Belly said that there is no question of what we ran on Offense, it was his (Patriots) system.

I got a kick out of it.