PDA

View Full Version : Tebows HS Coach posts...

DenverBroncosJM
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=193950

thought it was interesting

Eldorado
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh.My.****ing.Gawd.

Eldorado
09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Alpha Sierra (McCgruder)?

TheDave
09-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Sonds like MacGruder/Agememnon had some extra time on their hands.

frerottenextelway
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Lmao.

Houshyamama
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Good read

broncosteven
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Alpha Sierra (McCgruder)?

I didn't see anything about anti-gravity devices, but then I didn't follow the youtube links either.

DBruleU
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
haha he posts later he sent similar letters to the FO. Coach Fox, Elway, McCoy, etc.

myMind
09-16-2011, 03:34 PM
haha he posts later he sent similar letters to the FO. Coach Fox, Elway, McCoy, etc.

Anything to help the coaches realize how mule-headed stupid their "Orton gives us the best chance to win" philosophy has become.
I stand behind the Broncos, and will root for them no matter what, but I am not happy with some decisions being made.
After last leason, and Mondays deja vu, Orton has run out of lives in my book.
Give us Tebow, or Quinn, just bench the anemic afterbirth that is Orton.

fontaine
09-16-2011, 03:34 PM
It was a good post.

In an ideal world Tebow sits his first two season learning the playbook/offense and improving the basics.

But right now we've got an offense that just isn't going to work with Orton, hasn't for some time.

I guess we're all going to have to do what no one on a message board likes, and just be patient and see what happens.

ghwk
09-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I was skeptical from the outset. No coach would ever write that Orton isn't a leader, especially if he hadn't coached him.

WABronco
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM
****ing lunatics.

DBroncos4life
09-16-2011, 04:08 PM
**** you McD, **** YOU!!!!!!!!

FantomForce
09-16-2011, 04:10 PM
F* it I'll throw my hat in. I coached a kid that is now the QB at Oaks Christian a 5A powerhouse in Cali. You watch in a few years I'll be bellyaching about why he isn't playing for his team. I can see what he's saying, slight BIAS

DomCasual
09-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry, but that really is his former high school coach. He even has an email address that says so.

Seriously, you guys are so distrustful.

oubronco
09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
**** you McD, **** YOU!!!!!!!!

Did you hear that McD **** YOU!!!!!

Blueflame
09-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah, well... if it were his real HS coach, I'd have a question for the guy. (At some point during Tim's HS years, didn't it perhaps occur to you that the ability to take a snap from center, do a 3-5-or 7-step drop, and check down receivers... just might have some value, especially since he had aspirations toward the NFL?)

Bronco Yoda
09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
So far coach Fox is coaching like he's EVALUATING.

I was warned about his conservative old school style. He's that guy who makes sure none of his peas touches his carrots and that no one eats any cake until everyone is finished with dinner.

rbackfactory80
09-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Wow. That touched me.

Say this to yourself and listen closely

"Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win" lolz

maher_tyler
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
When were 0-5 and after the bye week in Miami is when Quinn or Tebow will be starting!

broncocalijohn
09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, well... if it were his real HS coach, I'd have a question for the guy. (At some point during Tim's HS years, didn't it perhaps occur to you that the ability to take a snap from center, do a 3-5-or 7-step drop, and check down receivers... just might have some value, especially since he had aspirations toward the NFL?)

You can also ask his coach at Florida. Then again, he is Tebow and he can do ANYTHING HE DAMN WELL PLEASES!

Those two coaches had a winner at that level and didnt want to screw with changing him. They are there to win and Tebow did just that. Getting him ready for the Pros was either he is a different specimen and they will adapt to his style or a coach in the NFL will teach him.

Read the post and he is a great salesman. I think we all know about Tim's drive and personality but it is different when you here it from an actual coach.

StugotsIII
09-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Sounds totally legit.

Ironlung
09-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Someone forgot to tell this guy that the Broncos don't evaluate Tebow based on games...

Blueflame
09-16-2011, 04:54 PM
You can also ask his coach at Florida. Then again, he is Tebow and he can do ANYTHING HE DAMN WELL PLEASES!

Those two coaches had a winner at that level and didnt want to screw with changing him. They are there to win and Tebow did just that. Getting him ready for the Pros was either he is a different specimen and they will adapt to his style or a coach in the NFL will teach him.

But an NFL coach being required to teach him fundamentals that he should already know... equals a few seasons on the bench; not yet ready to start.

ColoradoDarin
09-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Winners make corrections, losers make excuses.

Hamrob
09-16-2011, 05:04 PM
I think it's assinine as well, that so many people or negative about Tebow. I see him as a winner and an extremely natural leader.

Kyle Orton - I'm not down on Orton. I think he is a good QB. I thought Steve Deberg was a good QB. That's not what we want in Denver. We want great. We understand what great is, and what great means. That's not Kyle Orton (unfortunately), but it could be Tim Tebow.

I don't think it's fair to Tebow either, that you give him a few games and then you judge him by the outcome. It's immensely frustrating...that other rookies and 2nd year guys....such as Elway, can get a pass based on their potential......but, not the best college football player ever! Are you kidding me???

Orton will play well this year. I think we beat the Bungles and Oroton goes off. Who cares??? He's not the answer...we know it...the entire league knows it, so why not allow our investment in Tim Tebow get needed experience for a full season?

Amazing. I really couldn't be more disapointed in Elway. Never would have thought it.

Screw this (lacking) locker room. Win games...then, you matter. Otherwise. **** off!!!

orangenblue2
09-16-2011, 05:54 PM

BS...KO is 3-11 in his last 14 starts. Sumbich really looks good under center though...and he's flippin' awesome at 3-5-or 7-step drops...and man, checking down receivers? Yessir, that Orton kid has it going on...keep on dreaming

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:02 PM
The guy put his email address on there? Hilarious!

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I think it's assinine as well, that so many people or negative about Tebow. I see him as a winner and an extremely natural leader.

Kyle Orton - I'm not down on Orton. I think he is a good QB. I thought Steve Deberg was a good QB. That's not what we want in Denver. We want great. We understand what great is, and what great means. That's not Kyle Orton (unfortunately), but it could be Tim Tebow.

I don't think it's fair to Tebow either, that you give him a few games and then you judge him by the outcome. It's immensely frustrating...that other rookies and 2nd year guys....such as Elway, can get a pass based on their potential......but, not the best college football player ever! Are you kidding me???

Orton will play well this year. I think we beat the Bungles and Oroton goes off. Who cares??? He's not the answer...we know it...the entire league knows it, so why not allow our investment in Tim Tebow get needed experience for a full season?

Amazing. I really couldn't be more disapointed in Elway. Never would have thought it.

Screw this (lacking) locker room. Win games...then, you matter. Otherwise. **** off!!!

He isn't being judged by his first three starts. Those were actually quite good for a rookie. He's being judged because of who he is and what he represents to many people. The hate has pretty much nothing to do with his ability to actually play QB.

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:06 PM

You are a tool. There is no other explanation...

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Winners make corrections, losers make excuses.

So what's your excuse?

Jay3
09-16-2011, 06:08 PM

It's a long-building phenomenon -- the proliferation of spread-based offenses in high school and college are causing greater and greater difficulty in comparing the talents of quarterbacks.

At the lower levels of football, dropping back from under center is much less important. The defenses are not as fast or experienced, so you can spread them out, make a pre-snap read (even look over at the sideline like Sam Bradford did).

So it's happening more and more and will continue to happen.

Here's an old, but fascinating article about it by Malcolm Gladwell. It focuses on Chase Daniels, but the challenge is the same.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/12/15/081215fa_fact_gladwell

broncosteven
09-16-2011, 06:09 PM
This thread makes me wonder what happened to that Stormontheplains dude. He said he coached Andre Hall and that Hall should be a starter at RB. He had the one good game v Chicago, got hurt and faded away.

Bronx33
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
No self respecting HS head coach would waste his time posting this drival

1- So I guess it was the fans fault that Orton dropped the ball in the 2nd half because his feelings got hurt? Boo freakin hoo

2- I was quick to tell Urban all about this stud QB recruit up in Jacksonville

3- Gator fans grew tired of mediocrity (sound familiar Broncos) and started chanting "Tebow! Tebow!" and "we want Tebow...clap...clap...clap.clap.clap"

4- I'll take a winner with perceived "mechanics issues" any day over a corner sitter with a perfect release

5- timmy ????

that poster is one obsessed individual

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:11 PM
It's a long-building phenomenon -- the proliferation of spread-based offenses in high school and college are causing greater and greater difficulty in comparing the talents of quarterbacks.

At the lower levels of football, dropping back from under center is much less important. The defenses are not as fast or experienced, so you can spread them out, make a pre-snap read (even look over at the sideline like Sam Bradford did).

Here's an old, but fascinating article about it by Malcolm Gladwell. It focuses on Chase Daniels, but the challenge is the same.

It's going to happen in the NFL as well eventually.

Broncochica
09-16-2011, 06:14 PM

LOL Ditto

Mile High Mojoe
09-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Great read, it's confirms what I've believed about his talent all along. He's a winner and a warrior who doesn't give up on a game even if he plays a little ugly in the process. Iíll take an ugly win with him making some mistakes over Orton who plays ugly and canít even win ugly as per the last Raiders game.

The Broncos Fans who are writing him off as a loser are making an enormous mistake if they believe getting rid of him is the answer.

Although I think Jesse Oaks is a little over the top with the idea of putting up a billboard to show his support what he says about Tebow is spot on.

"I've always been so proud when somebody asked: 'Hey, what's your favorite football team?' Oaks said. "But lately people seem so happy for the Broncos to be average. What do you mean you hope we get to 8-8 this year? I was hoping for the Super Bowl.

"I feel like if we believe in an average quarterback, we're going to be average."

Heís right about saying that today many of fans including some of the Orton defenders on this board would be perfectly satisfied with an 8-8 season. If at his very best this all we can expect from Orton (canít believe weíll even win 5 games with him as the starter) what in the hell are we doing wasting our time letting Orton give as another average to below average season. Tebow could give as that with all of his flaws maybe better if he knows the job is his the rest of the season.

Iím just sayingÖ

Broncochica
09-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds totally legit.

LOL It is and everything said about Tebow! My nephew played football at Nease HS with Tebow and as a Gator so we know about this first hand. ^5

broncosteven
09-16-2011, 06:24 PM

I think the point of the article you linked was that what might look like a good QB at the college and HS level doesn't translate to the Pros.

QB's have never been locks coming out of college, it seems like each year at least 5 teams are searching for a QB and may go through 3 QB's or more in a year. Look at us in 1999, duh bears anytime pre cutler and post McMannon.

Then you have guys like Brady who are low round depth guys who rise to the top, you have to hope the guy you pick has the intangibles to take it to the next level.

Mile High Mojoe
09-16-2011, 06:33 PM

^5

OBF1
09-16-2011, 06:38 PM
F* it I'll throw my hat in. I coached a kid that is now the QB at Oaks Christian a 5A powerhouse in Cali. You watch in a few years I'll be bellyaching about why he isn't playing for his team. I can see what he's saying, slight BIAS

Oaks christian's QB is over rated this year.... He is no Jimmy Clausen

OBF1
09-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Broncochica's nephew not only played OG for Neese in Jacksonville, He is also on the Gators, a redshirt Sr. He has nothing but high praise when it comes to talking about Tim Tebow. James was all set (signed) to play for Pete Carrol and USC and changed his commitment to play at Florida, with some urging from his friend and old team mate Tim Tebow. I am a loooooong time Gator fan and watched Tim play from day 1 in gainsville and the kid is nothing but a winner. Anyone here that can say that about kyle orton is drinking the cool-aid and full of sh it.

Start Tim now!

Dagmar
09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Broncochica's nephew not only played OG for Neese in Jacksonville, He is also on the Gators, a redshirt Sr. He has nothing but high praise when it comes to talking about Tim Tebow. James was all set (signed) to play for Pete Carrol and USC and changed his commitment to play at Florida, with some urging from his friend and old team mate Tim Tebow. I am a loooooong time Gator fan and watched Tim play from day 1 in gainsville and the kid is nothing but a winner. Anyone here that can say that about kyle orton is drinking the cool-aid and full of sh it.

Start Tim now!

^5

TailgateNut
09-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Someone forgot to tell this guy that the Broncos don't evaluate Tebow based on High school or College games...

He's in the "big leagues" now.

uplink
09-16-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree completely with the article by Tebow's HS coach. Elway should know as well as anyone what separates the great QBs is that they are off the charts competitive. Tebow will bring back the home field advantage which has slipped since Elway retired. With Tebow you not only get him in the game, but you get a bigger effort from the fans, players and coaches.

If EFX are stupid enough to trade this guy, the Jacksonville and Miami should be calling every day if they are smart.

Jay3
09-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I think the point of the article you linked was that what might look like a good QB at the college and HS level doesn't translate to the Pros.

Yes it was. With an elaborate focus on the proliferation of the spread, and the reasons for that.

There will continue to be a large number of quarterbacks who come out of college needing to master the 3, 5, and 7 foot drop.

People that think Tebow was the only one reveal they don't know much about college football these days.

uplink
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Since the broncos are not providing a QB coach with experience for Tebow, he should use some of his own money to hire his own.

Bronx33
09-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Does anybody else question that post? it reads like a biography.

Lev Vyvanse
09-16-2011, 07:44 PM

No. I'd bet it's Jesse from Kentucky.

Broncochica
09-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Start Tim now!

:thumbs:!Booya!:~ohyah!:

HAT
09-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Did you hear that McD **** YOU!!!!!

If'n McD was still coaching Denver, y'all would have your wish. How do you reconcile that?

OABB
09-16-2011, 08:53 PM
kyle orton sucks. that is all.

Rohirrim
09-16-2011, 09:10 PM
The definition of cognitive dissonance: When everybody in Broncoland realizes that McD could create a gameplan using Tebow, but Fox can't. ;D

LetsGoBroncos
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Wow. I am officially on board with giving Tebow a shot....a real shot. Like an entire season with an entire team around him giving everything they have. I have kinda been in the middle over the last couple weeks. Part of me felt like Orton does give us the best chance to win now, and I can understand how Fox would be afraid that he would lose the locker room if he yanked him. Not anymore. I flew in from Phoenix for the game Monday night, and I left the stadium having zero doubt we will win between 4-7 games with Orton as the starter.

Wouldn't everyone rather go 5-11 or 6-10 this season with Tebow as the QB but at least see if he improves over the course of the season?

epicSocialism4tw
09-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Wow. I am officially on board with giving Tebow a shot....a real shot. Like an entire season with an entire team around him giving everything they have. I have kinda been in the middle over the last couple weeks. Part of me felt like Orton does give us the best chance to win now, and I can understand how Fox would be afraid that he would lose the locker room if he yanked him. Not anymore. I flew in from Phoenix for the game Monday night, and I left the stadium having zero doubt we will win between 4-7 games with Orton as the starter.

Wouldn't everyone rather go 5-11 or 6-10 this season with Tebow as the QB but at least see if he improves over the course of the season?

Carolina is building an offense around Cam Newton.

Why on earth are the Broncos the only franchise in the NFL who cant design a creative offense?

This whole thing just doesnt make sense.

huh??
09-16-2011, 09:28 PM
His real coach?

errand
09-16-2011, 10:24 PM
LOL It is and everything said about Tebow! My nephew played football at Nease HS with Tebow and as a Gator so we know about this first hand. ^5

If it's legit....why now?

Why would his high school coach just all of a sudden post on a message board? And basically give us a recap of his prep and college career?

Sorry.....but just because you know the name of some high school coach isn't proof it's a genuine post....

Btw....I just created a new e-mail account.....it's timtebow#15@gmail.com

Seee how easy that was...so please feel free to send tim....errrr, i mean me, a message .

errand
09-16-2011, 10:27 PM
If'n McD was still coaching Denver, y'all would have your wish. How do you reconcile that?

Ironic isn't it?

The only NFL head coach that thought Tebow would flourish, and who loved the shotgun, was summarily dispatched before he could turn Tebow loose......

Like they say.....careful what you wish for

jhns
09-16-2011, 10:52 PM

So you are saying McDaniels gave Orton 9 mil to be a backup? I don't think you are making sense.

Archer81
09-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Ironic isn't it?

The only NFL head coach that thought Tebow would flourish, and who loved the shotgun, was summarily dispatched before he could turn Tebow loose......

Like they say.....careful what you wish for

Im not entirely sure that is accurate.

:Broncos:

Broncochica
09-16-2011, 11:25 PM
If it's legit....why now?

Why would his high school coach just all of a sudden post on a message board? And basically give us a recap of his prep and college career?Sorry.....but just because you know the name of some high school coach isn't proof it's a genuine post....

Btw....I just created a new e-mail account.....it's timtebow#15@gmail.com

Seee how easy that was...so please feel free to send tim....errrr, i mean me, a message .

LOL Because he wants to spread his man love for Tebow on the internet??? ;D

ZONA
09-17-2011, 01:03 AM
Good read but he needs to drop the "timmy" part. The dude is a grown MF man. Stop saying his name like he's 12 years old.

myMind
09-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Good read but he needs to drop the "timmy" part. The dude is a grown MF man. Stop saying his name like he's 12 years old.

Ok Mcd Smeagol...lets stop using adolescent references...
(I in no way endorse any Orton fan base, only the literary irony intolerance fanbase.) Meh, I don't even care bout that...just let the Broncos win!

Blueflame
09-17-2011, 02:20 AM
BS...KO is 3-11 in his last 14 starts. Sumbich really looks good under center though...and he's flippin' awesome at 3-5-or 7-step drops...and man, checking down receivers? Yessir, that Orton kid has it going on...keep on dreaming

So? Is this thread about Kyle Orton? (No)

Back on topic, I'm personally wondering how a QB makes it through Pop Warner, high school, and college football without learning basic fundamental skills necessary to play the QB position in the NFL. Why can't Tebow take a snap from center? Why can't he do a simple 3-5-or 7-step drop, check down receivers and deliver the football? Bueller? ???

Ironlung
09-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Because... espn told you he can't?

Think for yourself... question authority.

OABB
09-17-2011, 06:07 AM

Back on topic, I'm personally wondering how a QB makes it through Pop Warner, high school, and college football without learning basic fundamental skills necessary to play the QB position in the NFL. Why can't Tebow take a snap from center? Why can't he do a simple 3-5-or 7-step drop, check down receivers and deliver the football? Bueller? ???

my wife asks me all the time why I cant last in bed for more than 4 minutes. my answer is simple, because I make you spew in three.

point? when one is so gifted and awesome and can dominate, one does not aquire skills of the average.

why does jimmy hendrix play the electric guitar upside down?

strafen
09-17-2011, 06:44 AM
So you are saying McDaniels gave Orton 9 mil to be a backup? I don't think you are making sense.

This!

errand
09-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Im not entirely sure that is accurate.

:Broncos:

A few things that we definitely know about josh mcdaniels.......

[] he could coach quarterbacks...

[] he had a much bigger ego the most head coaches

[] he traded up to get tim tebow

[] he loves to throw from the shotgun

I truly believe that josh saw tim tebow Kind of like most women see their men...... despite a man's flaws most women will still date or marry him why?

because they believe in this

"I can change him and mold him into my vision"

Josh mcdaniel's huge ego and his belief in his ability to coach quarterbacks led him to draft tim tebow which is why he gave kyle orton the contract he did......because he figured it would take him that long to do it.

I think it's a shame that josh mcdaniels was a little in over his head as our head coach because I really think he could have done what he thought he could with tim tebow

DrFate
09-17-2011, 07:00 AM

We don't care about wins/losses in Denver. We care about whether the player can give clinics on fundamentals!

errand
09-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Here's another interesting read......

http:/www.spoke.com/info/p6Y6rJH/AdamHartle

How can this guy have coached RBs on Tim Tebow's Nease high in 2003......when he didn't even arrive there from Mandarin High until spring/summer of 2004?

errand
09-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Logic would dictate that if a man's lying about when he actually met tim tebow that he's probably lying about every ******* thing else, correct?

I mean how can this man remember minute details as to Tim tebow staying up till the crack of dawn watching game film but he can't remember what year he left 1 school and went to another.....

This tells me that this s*** was just ******* made up

Gort
09-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Here's another interesting read......

http:/www.spoke.com/info/p6Y6rJH/AdamHartle

How can this guy have coached RBs on Tim Tebow's Nease high in 2003......when he didn't even arrive there from Mandarin High until spring/summer of 2004?

no, i am Tim Tebow's high school coach!

http://mcneillfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/sp8.jpg

baja
09-17-2011, 09:09 AM
http://www.mediadomain.com/

maher_tyler
09-17-2011, 09:21 AM

Orton can be a good QB in a perfect situation. He is far from that in Denver. Our oline sucks, we can't run the ball and the D is just as bad if not worse. We are not the 2000 Ravens. That is the only type of team Orton could be successful on. We need guys that can make things happen when protection breaks down, when the running game isn't working, when the D can't stop anyone on D! That will NEVER be Orton here or anywhere else..2 years is enough evaluation time for a guy thats been in the league 7 years! Fans in Denver are sick and tired of mediocrity and want someone that can light a fire under the team! It's like the FO didn't watch a lick of game tape on the team the last 2 years. We haven't been able to stop the run since the "Browncos". I don't understand why Champ would put himself through such hell..he could be on a team like the Pats or Ravens. He's not going to win a ring here..not at this pace!

bowtown
09-17-2011, 09:24 AM
] I don't understand why Champ would put himself through such hell..he could be on a team like the Pats or Ravens. He's not going to win a ring here..not at this pace!

Do you know how hard it is to get amazing kind bud in NE?

orangenblue2
09-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Of course this thread is about Orton. He is the man standing in the huddle and quarterbacking this team to a 3-11 record in his last 14 starts. People like me want to see what the kid can do...and more importantly, win some goddamn games. People like you seem to be satisfied with the Broncos getting their asses kicked almost each and every week, because KO looks better at dropping back in the pocket.

I would submit that Tebow can do all of those things...he just doesn't look as pretty as the guy who has been in the league 8 years...sheesh

errand
09-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Of course this thread is about Orton. He is the man standing in the huddle and quarterbacking this team to a 3-14 record in his last 14 starts. People like me want to see what the kid can do...and more importantly, win some goddamn games. People like you seem to be satisfied with the Broncos getting their asses kicked almost each and every week, because KO looks better at dropping back in the pocket.

I would submit that Tebow can do all of those things...he just doesn't look as pretty as the guy who has been in the league 8 years...sheesh

How do you go 3-14 in your last 14 games?

uplink
09-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Because... espn told you he can't?

The whole Tebow can't play thing the media is propagating is due to the East Coast Biaz in the NFL. They want him to leave the broncos and go to an East Coast team.

Cito Pelon
09-17-2011, 10:07 AM

Ouch.

orangenblue2
09-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Typing too fast...but thanks. 3-11...3-11...3-11 in his last 14 starts

LetsGoBroncos
09-17-2011, 10:17 AM

You guys are being kind. You realize if you go back to McDaniels first season Orton is 5-18 in his last 23 starts right?

orangenblue2
09-17-2011, 10:24 AM
You guys are being kind. You realize if you go back to McDaniels first season Orton is 5-18 in his last 23 starts right?

That stat alone should be enough to get him off the field. What have the Broncos become? A franchise who used to expect the playoffs year in and year out, has been reduced to keeping a flipping loser in at QB...all so he can manage to lead us to 5-18 in his last 23 starts. It is mystifying that we have Bronco fans arguing with each other over this. 5-18...

Dedhed
09-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Reconcile what?

troya900
09-17-2011, 11:11 AM

How do you tell yourself we should keep AbOrton in even after the douchebag has led our beloved team to a 5-18 record in his last 23 starts? We get it that Fox/Elway and ppl like yourself claim "he gives us the best chance to win." All I have to say to that is 5-18....What harm could it possibly cause to AT LEAST TRY Tebow to see what he can do? Yes, we know his haters say he will fail, ok that may happen, but at least put the guy out there and see what he does. We know AbOrton will continue flushing down the teams season so what does it hurt to at least give Tebow a shot.

errand
09-17-2011, 02:02 PM

Why does everyone to hates on kyle orton always seems to forget about the 6-0 start that he had with us. Did those games not count?

Mile High Mojoe
09-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Why does everyone to hates on kyle orton always seems to forget about the 6-0 start that he had with us. Did those games not count?

Yes, he did go 6-0 but since Orton has lost nine of ten, 15 of 18 and 18 of his past 23 starts. Not really a record to hang your hat on is it? I totally understand the hate.

broncosteven
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Anyone else watching the Florida/Tenn game?

The FL qb has the same long wind up that Timbo does but he can take a snap from under center.

oubronco
09-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Anyone else watching the Florida/Tenn game?

The FL qb has the same long wind up that Timbo does but he can take a snap from under center.

He'll probably make it then

MacGruder
10-04-2011, 01:09 AM

Start Tim now!

Could you guys who know Tim's teammates from high school or college ask if Tim had a lot of resentment from other players because of all the attention he gets? This is something I have always wondered about..

Also, I am curious if there was a divide in the locker room when Leak was the starter and Florida fans were chanting for Tebow.

MacGruder
10-04-2011, 01:23 AM

I don't think the issue is the actual taking snaps, 3-5 and 7 step drops.. the issue is doing them while playing in NFL games..

Like when you take the snap.. the isue is't just Tebow.. the issue is the center too.. ANd taking the snap WHILE you are reading the defense.

I think it just takes time to get comfortable with that. Let's also remember that not all coaches are good at developing QBs. That certainly wasn't Urban Meyer's forte. I also think this is why Tebow was so torn on where he would go coming out of high school. He could have gone to a school that WOULD have developed him as a conventional QB.. and he knew he needed that.

Another huge issue is how coaches are not allowed to work with players beyond certain times frames. If you do you will get busted by the NCAA. UF could not work with Tebow on his QB skills in the off season or over a certain amount in season. so there is really no time to do this stuff. John Brantley said the same thing when people were questioning why Tebow didn't develop those skills and change his mechanics. This is why cam Newton went to Junior college to help him develop these things in an environment that was much easier.. while Tebow was cementing his status as the greatest college player ever even with flawed mechanics.

MacGruder
10-04-2011, 01:39 AM
A few things that we definitely know about josh mcdaniels.......

[] he could coach quarterbacks...

[] he had a much bigger ego the most head coaches

[] he traded up to get tim tebow

[] he loves to throw from the shotgun

I truly believe that josh saw tim tebow Kind of like most women see their men...... despite a man's flaws most women will still date or marry him why?

because they believe in this

"I can change him and mold him into my vision"

Josh mcdaniel's huge ego and his belief in his ability to coach quarterbacks led him to draft tim tebow which is why he gave kyle orton the contract he did......because he figured it would take him that long to do it.

I think it's a shame that josh mcdaniels was a little in over his head as our head coach because I really think he could have done what he thought he could with tim tebow

I really don't think it was ego. I think McDaniels knows how the NFL works. Did you see Matt Cassel in the same system that made Orton look so good? McD's problem is he underestimated how awful Orton is. I truly think Orton must TRY to lose games. There is no other explanation for how bad he is. I mean maybe he is trying to be so conservative he has no chance of losing his starting job.. technically that isn't TRYING to lose but it ensures he loses.

McD also knew that Tebow was certainly good enough to make the system work... if Cassel could. It was a no brainer.

Josh also said that Tebow would be starting much sooner than people thought. McD thought he would be able to trade Orton, Tebow and Quinn if necessary because they were all good QBs and his system makes QBs look much better than they are.