PDA

View Full Version : Tebow or anyone but Orton?

bowtown
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Choose.

TheReverend
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Chosen

vonqkilla
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Red pill

Mile High Mojoe
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't have any tickets but I might cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket next season. I wish to God I hadn't renewed it this year and just went to a Sports Bar we have here instead. With Orton at QB we're in for another long, boring and painfully ugly season if he's allowed to start many more games.

TheReverend
09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
3/4 of the options are cool with me

frerottenextelway
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Quinn is ****. So Tebow, or someone who is not on the team. Since Tebow is on the team now, he seems like the obvious pick and what I chose.

yerner
09-16-2011, 10:23 AM
They all suck.

maher_tyler
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't have any tickets but I might cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket next season. I wish to God I hadn't renewed it this year and just went to a Sports Bar we have here instead. With Orton at QB we're in for another long, boring and painfully ugly season if he's allowed to start many more games.

This! I can't believe i called and hassled DTV for my Sunday Ticket to watch Borton start at QB! How bad does he have to play before they sit his bitch ass on the bench!

AlphaSeirra
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
They all suck.

"Don't you EVER get tired of being WRONG! -- The Sundance Kid to Butch Cassidy

2010 NFL Rookie QB Passer Ratings:

1. Tebow -- 82.1 - 5 TD's to 3 Ints, Ratio 1.64 to 1. (3 starts, 5 TD's)
2. Bradford 76.5 - 18 TD's to 15 Int's, Ratio 1.2 to 1.
3. McCoy - 74.5 - 6 TD's to 9 Int's, Ratio .64 to 1.
4. Fox's Clausen 58.4 - 3 TD's to 9 Int's, Ratio .33 to 1. (10 starts, 3 TD's)
* Quinn - 56.8 in his rookie year 07 - only a 66.8 for his 3 yr NFL career.

-------------

The Actual 2011 Preseason Bronco QB stats and RATINGS:

3. Brady Quinn - 22 of 42 (52.4%) for 276 yds (6.6 ypa) 2 TD's, 2 Ints, Long 26 yds, QB Rating 69.1

2. Kyle Orton - 28 of 42 (66.7%) for 408 yds, (9.7 ypa) 2 TD's, 1 Int, Long 42 yds, QB Rating 104.1

1. Tim Tebow - 20 of 31 (64.5%) for 310 yds, (10.0 ypa) 1 TD, 0 Int, Long 43 yds, QB Rating 108.3 <---<<<

:wave:

peacepipe
09-16-2011, 11:05 AM
"Don't you EVER get tired of being WRONG! -- The Sundance Kid to Butch Cassidy

2010 NFL Rookie QB Passer Ratings:

1. Tebow -- 82.1 - 5 TD's to 3 Ints, Ratio 1.64 to 1. (3 starts, 5 TD's)
2. Bradford 76.5 - 18 TD's to 15 Int's, Ratio 1.2 to 1.
3. McCoy - 74.5 - 6 TD's to 9 Int's, Ratio .64 to 1.
4. Fox's Clausen 58.4 - 3 TD's to 9 Int's, Ratio .33 to 1. (10 starts, 3 TD's)
* Quinn - 56.8 in his rookie year 07 - only a 66.8 for his 3 yr NFL career.

-------------

The Actual 2011 Preseason Bronco QB stats and RATINGS:

3. Brady Quinn - 22 of 42 (52.4%) for 276 yds (6.6 ypa) 2 TD's, 2 Ints, Long 26 yds, QB Rating 69.1

2. Kyle Orton - 28 of 42 (66.7%) for 408 yds, (9.7 ypa) 2 TD's, 1 Int, Long 42 yds, QB Rating 104.1

1. Tim Tebow - 20 of 31 (64.5%) for 310 yds, (10.0 ypa) 1 TD, 0 Int, Long 43 yds, QB Rating 108.3 <---<<<:wave:

playing against 3rd stringers

Kaylore
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm not convinced Tebow is the answer. I am convinced Orton is not.

Kaylore
09-16-2011, 11:08 AM
playing with 3rd stringers

FYP. ;)

SleepingTiger
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Palmer for the next several years while Tim learns on the bench.
I am not an expert at watching football, I don't know how plays develop like most Maners. I do know watching Orton is painful. I don't know why, maybe its his demeanor, or the stupid look on his face after he fails repeatedly on 3rd down. Whatever it is, the guy is just like one poster said, good enough to start, but will never win anything.

GreatBronco16
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Kinda slanted poll, but I'll take Tebow because I want to see what he can do starting for two straight years here.

bowtown
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Kinda slanted poll, but I'll take Tebow because I want to see what he can do starting for two straight years here.

How so?

SleepingTiger
09-16-2011, 11:14 AM

This! With Tebow, we have hope. Whether it works out or not, at least we have some optimism. With Orton, there is no hope. Not in the present, not in the future.

Dedhed
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Playing with 3rd stringers.

TheReverend
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
How so?

The Tebow option is very slanted.

It comes off as "Tebow or bust" instead of a "My preference is Tebow"

Dedhed
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree with Kaylore. Not sure about Tebow's ability. I am sure about Orton's inability.

IMO we need to know what we have in Tebow before the season ends. I think in order to accomplish that he needs at least 10 starts this year. Right now I would take benching Orton in favor of a full time "Wild Horse" package, so I don't care if Quinn gets a few starts before Tebow. Quinn's going to prove inept quickly.

bowtown
09-16-2011, 11:20 AM

That's how it's intended. If you you aren't okay with another option then how can you be anything but Tebow or bust? I'm not interested in which you want more. I want to know if people would be open to another scenario besides Tebow. In the ESPN thread there were claims being made that the consensus around here is that anyone but Orton would be okay... that's what I am trying to gauge. So far, it doesn't appear that that is the concensus at all.

GreatBronco16
09-16-2011, 11:21 AM
How so?

Because of how you worded your only playing Tebow option, hence is why I didn't bother to select it.

You're trying to group everyone who wants to see Tebow play into a group of people who will be pissed off and sell all their stuff if it doesn't happen.

I'm fine regardless. I just want someone who can play football at the QB spot. I'd like that to be Tebow, or at the very least, him given a chance to see what he can do for more than a few gimic plays or a few games starting.

GreatBronco16
09-16-2011, 11:22 AM
That's how it's intended.

And that is why it is slanted.

GreatBronco16
09-16-2011, 11:24 AM
I want to know if people would be open to another scenario besides Tebow.

Then where is your, "I want anyone but Orton to start" option?

WolfpackGuy
Anybody but Bore-ton and Quinn.

Everyone KNOWS they suck.

Sections of increasingly empty seats and boos as the season goes on will confirm it.

Teboz may sink or swim, but there's no way to tell for sure if he's on the bench.

ColoradoDarin
I would be okay bringing in Palmer or Garrard, both of whom are better options than Kyle Orton.

I'd be okay even with Quinn to see what he's got, though I'm not very optimistic.

I'm more than okay with Tebow starting because I've already seem him outperform Orton in games.

tl;dr
Any QB is an upgrade over Orton.

TheReverend
That's how it's intended. If you you aren't okay with another option then how can you be anything but Tebow or bust? I'm not interested in which you want more. I want to know if people would be open to another scenario besides Tebow. In the ESPN thread there were claims being made that the consensus around here is that anyone but Orton would be okay... that's what I am trying to gauge. So far, it doesn't appear that that is the concensus at all.

Right, I think that's how it was intended by you, but I'm not sure a lot of people realize it's also a multiple option poll. In which case that absolutely DOES seem like the concensus.

vonqkilla
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Tebow link on sunday espn.

http://t.co/TbiyVKop

Lindsay jones just posted

” if u dont have jesus, you are spending eternity in hell”

Lol, with all the buddhists, and greeks, and native americans, and babies.... Lol

oubronco
09-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Suck for Luck

bowtown
09-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Then where is your, "I want anyone but Orton to start" option?

Umm... #1 and #2. Frankly, I don't know how someone could select one of those two and also select #3. They are contradictory. Either you are okay with another vet or Quinn, or you are only okay with Tebow. Do you see any other options? Should I have added convert Colquitt to QB?

TheReverend
09-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Umm... #1 and #2. Frankly, I don't know how someone could select one of those two and also select #3. They are contradictory. Either you are okay with another vet or Quinn, or you are only okay with Tebow. Do you see any other options? Should I have added convert Colquitt to QB?

Okay then yeah, your poll options are just dumb.

Tebow is a PART of anyone but Orton but not a part of the first two poll options.

DrFate
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Should I have added convert Colquitt to QB?

If you wanted to be non-biased and psuedo-scientific, you would have presented a more neutral set of options. I take you at your word that you really want to know whether people want 'not orton' or if they want 'tebow and only tebow and no one but tebow' but the way you presented the options - it doesn't come across that way.

dictionary
09-16-2011, 11:28 AM

beer helps you forget and softens the pain and pull on the heart-strings.

GreatBronco16
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that sees this poll slanted.

rugbythug
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Good idea we should see if he can do it against starters.

DrFate
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Glad I'm not the only one that sees this poll slanted.

It's slanted, but I'm trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

If you look at the results right now, it demonstrates that 26 choose 'not orton' and 16 choose 'only tebow'. That doesn't take into account the fact that you can choose more than one option, of course.

I think bowtown should start a new poll with non-slanted options. We could always use another Tebow/Orton thread :)

bombquixote
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Orton makes me pine for Griese.

DrFate
09-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Orton makes me pine for Griese.

I found Griese moderately likeable even if he was limited physically.

Drek
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
1. This poll reads like it was assembled by a kid who forgets why he rides the short bus to "school" where he learns how to retread tires and stop eating his own boogers.

2. Anyone but Orton. I don't care if they start Weber. Put Royal back there and let him run the option like he did in high school. Sign Garrard, trade for Palmer, whatever. Anyone but Orton. He was a passable starter with McDaniels, he's not even that with McCoy, and the book on him has long since been written.

3. AlphaSierra's numbers were from Tebow's three starts this past season, FYI, where he played against first stringers for the Texans, Raiders, and Chargers. It came at a time when McDaniels had been booted and this staff let the Cardinals (a far worse team than any of the a fore mentioned three) destroy us at home, while Orton played like dog ****. I'd be hard pressed to consider what we were running out there a real "1st string" NFL club. Yet Tebow put up solid numbers and had us competitive late in all three games.

But he's not good enough to even be 2nd string this year, so apparently John Fox is smarter than reality.

pricejj
09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Sad part is, Garrard could come in off the street today, and win more games this year than Orton.

bowtown
09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
1. This poll reads like it was assembled by a kid who forgets why he rides the short bus to "school" where he learns how to retread tires and stop eating his own boogers.

2. Anyone but Orton. I don't care if they start Weber. Put Royal back there and let him run the option like he did in high school. Sign Garrard, trade for Palmer, whatever. Anyone but Orton. He was a passable starter with McDaniels, he's not even that with McCoy, and the book on him has long since been written.

3. AlphaSierra's numbers were from Tebow's three starts this past season, FYI, where he played against first stringers for the Texans, Raiders, and Chargers. It came at a time when McDaniels had been booted and this staff let the Cardinals (a far worse team than any of the a fore mentioned three) destroy us at home, while Orton played like dog ****. I'd be hard pressed to consider what we were running out there a real "1st string" NFL club. Yet Tebow put up solid numbers and had us competitive late in all three games.

But he's not good enough to even be 2nd string this year, so apparently John Fox is smarter than reality.

I didn't forget. I ride it because I'm special, dip****.

ScottXray
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM
I put 1 and 3,
1. because Orton will probably get us 4-5 wins out of 10-11 games.
His UPSIDE is that.
2. Id rather they don't put Quinn in at all before giving Tebow a shot.
3. Id rather they pick up a vet for TT to play behind, than him pick up any more of Ortons habits.
4. I don't have season tickets

Kaylore
09-16-2011, 01:31 PM

Yeah that's why I didn't pick that one. I'm not sold on Tebow enough to say "TEBOW OR BUST!!!!" If the option was "I'd rather try Tebow than waste time on Orton" then I would have voted for it.

zdoor
09-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Playing with 3rd stringers.

And against a pass rush that was largely getting thru our scrubs every play...

Taco John
09-16-2011, 01:41 PM

I agree with this.

I know that Orton is not going to be here over the long term, and based on what we know of his results from last year, there's no reason to believe that he is going to give us enough wins in the short term to matter. The best thing the Broncos can do right now (IMHO) is get Tebow in as quickly as possible and find out what he can offer - even if that means trade value.

Irish Stout
09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I voted for all of them! What do I win?

DrFate
09-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I voted for all of them! What do I win?

Another Orton start - congrats!!!

swaiy
09-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I picked Orton forever.

Orton will be forever entrenched in Broncos history as a loser. 5 years from now we'll be a contending team (hopefully) and I'll be laughing at everyone that said "Orton is a winner." He'll probably be someone's backup if not out of the league. Captain Morgan had their pose. Jack Daniels will have their's. The Fetal position.

Irish Stout
09-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Another Orton start - congrats!!!

Well, at least there is a football game! Yay!

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2011, 02:32 PM

this...this right here

TheReverend
09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah that's why I didn't pick that one. I'm not sold on Tebow enough to say "TEBOW OR BUST!!!!" If the option was "I'd rather try Tebow than waste time on Orton" then I would have voted for it.

Yup. It's not like we have luck some where on our depth chart but just want the "pretty-Jesus guy" anyway.

gunns
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM

:thumbsup: Nailed it!

Pick Six
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with bringing in a veteran like Palmer. He's unhappy in Cincinnati, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't work in Denver. What I DON'T want is starting over with another college quarterback (like Luck)...

colonelbeef
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
God damn.

Every single one of those options suck

Bronco Yoda
09-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Nothing keeps me from watching my Broncos. But that doesn't mean I won't bitch and moan about what I'm seeing....

It's TEBOW TIME!

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Because all the other options are retarded? Especially the Palmer thing. WTF?

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I'd be perfectly happy with bringing in a veteran like Palmer. He's unhappy in Cincinnati, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't work in Denver. What I DON'T want is starting over with another college quarterback (like Luck)...

Palmer = Orton

Seriously what would be the point?

Turd_Ferguson
09-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Basically the only way to get a true number 1 quarterback is the draft, and this years draft class is going to have 4 or 5 very talented quarterbacks. Orton is terrible play Quinn and if he cant win and looks terrible you got a lot of time left in the season to see what they have in Tebow so you know where you stand going into the draft.

DarkHorse
09-16-2011, 07:30 PM
None of the answers apply to my opinion.

Start Tebow or Weber and lets see what the young guys have to offer the team during a rebuilding year.

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Basically the only way to get a true number 1 quarterback is the draft, and this years draft class is going to have 4 or 5 very talented quarterbacks. Orton is terrible play Quinn and if he cant win and looks terrible you got a lot of time left in the season to see what they have in Tebow so you know where you stand going into the draft.

Unfortunately, outside of Luck they all pretty much have just as much of a chance to be another Leinart as a franchise QB. Heaven help us if we draft yet another QB and he doesn't pan out. Even moreso if we give up on Tebow too quickly and he makes it for another team. That will be dark times for the Broncos.

OBF1
09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
looks like we have 5 "Fans" who either like the crappy product Denver has been putting on the field the past few years...... OR they are on the suck for Luck bandwagon.

Turd_Ferguson
09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately, outside of Luck they all pretty much have just as much of a chance to be another Leinart as a franchise QB. Heaven help us if we draft yet another QB and he doesn't pan out. Even moreso if we give up on Tebow too quickly and he makes it for another team. That will be dark times for the Broncos.

True.. I really like Luck and Matt Barkley's chances in the NFL. I also like Kellen Moore but his size is going to be a huge disadvantage. Everyone else would be kinda scary.

Mile High Mojoe
09-16-2011, 07:59 PM
5 people voted Orton forever? COME ON!!! Smoking crack or something?

Agamemnon
09-16-2011, 08:03 PM
True.. I really like Luck and Matt Barkley's chances in the NFL. I also like Kellen Moore but his size is going to be a huge disadvantage. Everyone else would be kinda scary.

Kellen Moore will get broken in half in the NFL. And Barkley is a USC QB. Need I say more?

Mile High Mojoe
09-16-2011, 08:05 PM
"There once was a QB fro Purdue, who was constantly hearing a boo! He said with a grin, they won't put Tebow in, Cause dear fans we don't care about you!"

Stolen from David Webb. I love this guy he's hilarious.

ZONA
09-17-2011, 02:14 AM

Since the 1st game was on Monday night, I'd figure I'd see how things went. I'll be honest, probably 1st year in the past 8 I will not get the Ticket. I work Sunday's and usually tape the games but with Orton starting, I'm just not going to pay that kinda $ until there is real hope.

FireFly
09-17-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't like the way the Tebow option is worded, so didn't select it.

My answer is ANYONE but Orton at this point. Quinn, Palmer, Tebow, other...

bowtown
09-17-2011, 07:17 AM
"There once was a QB fro Purdue, who was constantly hearing a boo! He said with a grin, they won't put Tebow in, Cause dear fans we don't care about you!"

Stolen from David Webb. I love this guy he's hilarious.

Dude, you have to stop quoting Mike Mayock.

bowtown
09-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Because all the other options are retarded? Especially the Palmer thing. WTF?

I said Palmer or another vet. What other viable option do you see that I didn't put in. Besides, let's not pretend like you aren't president of the Tebow or Bust committee. Your vote doesn't even need to be registered in the poll. I've already counted you.

OABB
09-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Since the 1st game was on Monday night, I'd figure I'd see how things went. I'll be honest, probably 1st year in the past 8 I will not get the Ticket. I work Sunday's and usually tape the games but with Orton starting, I'm just not going to pay that kinda $ until there is real hope.

im sending my bill to Elway and fox.

BroncoDoom
09-17-2011, 11:38 AM
We all know what its like to play someone in Madden who has no idea about gameplans or schemes. They call every offensive play with 4-5 wideouts and run the same old routes with no run game at all. Totally predictable and easy to whoop their butts. This is what its like been watching our offense for the last 2 + years and sadly...

This was again what it was like to watch our offensive (pun intended) playcalling last week. McCoy used no creativity at all and just had Orton sitting back there and throwing the ball around haphazardly while the Defense pinned their ears back and came after him all night. Is it McCoy high on Viagra or is it Orton's athletic limitations? Thinking about it, Orton can't do anything more creative than play action because he has NO SKILLS or athleticism outside the pocket. Totally one dimensional... but wait he doesn't really have much for skills or athleticism in the pocket either as evidenced by phantom sack/fumble/no pocket awareness.

What the hell are we doing? I am just sick of watching bad Broncos football with Kyle Orton at the helm. It's rough to suck, but it's even worse to suck for years with KO and no hope in sight that will change.

Dedhed
09-17-2011, 11:45 AM
5 people voted Orton forever? COME ON!!! Smoking crack or something?

They're not really voting for Orton, they just fancy themselves as individuals for taking an "anti" stance against what everyone else has seen; Orton Sucks.

Mile High Mojoe
09-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Dude, you have to stop quoting Mike Mayock.

Matock. Ha! Still… you gotta love a guy who can write clever limericks about our beloved Broncos. I just befriend him DW on facebook, he’s got some smart analysis and does it with a dry sense of humor.

Mile High Mojoe
09-17-2011, 12:00 PM
I wish I hadn’t, leading up to the start of the beginning of the season all the talk was about Tebow getting the job. Had I known I was going to be paying to maybe have to watch Orton blow half the season I wouldn't have renewed it. They just opened a really nice sports bar here in Astoria and the guy who owns it said I could come in and watch the Broncos anytime I want.

I wish I could cancel the first half of the season and watch the games at the bar and pay for the second of season on the Sunday ticket. The way it shapes up now, if Orton is allowed to start, the games won't be very interesting to watch until the second half.