PDA

View Full Version : new NFL patdown rules?

Gort
09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
The NFL wants all fans patted down from the ankles up this season to improve fan safety.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/nfl-orders-ankles-up-frisks-for-16-million-fans-enterting-stadiums-security-buffalo-bills/1?loc=interstitialskip

hardest hit? Raiders fans who will now have to find new places to hide their shivs.

OBF1
09-15-2011, 06:52 PM
This was a long time coming

frerottenextelway
09-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Sounds hot!

OBF1
09-15-2011, 06:53 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/09/nfl-orders-ankles-up-frisks-for-16-million-fans-enterting-stadiums-security-buffalo-bills/1?loc=interstitialskip

hardest hit? Raiders fans who will have to find new places to hide their shivs.

Where they have everything else hidden/shoved in/violated..... Their ass Hilarious!

ghwk
09-15-2011, 06:56 PM
I hear they contracted out to the TSA!

swaiy
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
What a damn shame it has come to this.

eddie mac
09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Would that not be pat up then???

NUB
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
They already do pat downs at Jerry Coliseum.

Gort
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Would that not be pat up then???

pat down? pat up? same thing.

as long as they don't touch your junk, it's not groping. :)

Archer81
09-15-2011, 07:03 PM
All because an asshole Cowboy fan brought a taser to a Jets game...

Dickhole.

:Broncos:

TDmvp
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
This has to be in response in part to this.

http://www.wistv.com/story/15449071/fan-uses-illegal-taser-at-cowboys-jets-game

TDmvp
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
All because an a-hole Cowboy fan brought a taser to a Jets game...

Dickhole.

/nodnod

Chris
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
So they're not letting any of the 30 raiders fans into the stadium?

swaiy
09-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Am I reading this correctly?

The game started with the singing of the national anthem, but when the couple didn't stand up, it caused quite a stir with other fans around them.

"We did not stand up, not disrespecting our country, we weren't standing up because of our medical reasons," Dargin said Tuesday.

Nothing wrong with that but then there was this.

Dargin said the brawl started after a man wouldn't let her pass by to use the restroom.

and this...

"Larry was really protecting me," Dargin said. "When Larry punched him, they went down.

This guy had medical problems that made it hard for him to stand during the national anthem. I guess that went out of the window when it was time to fight and stun the **** out of somebody.

Bronx33
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM

Dickhole.

Don't forget about the SF and Raider fans having shootouts in stadium parking lots.

That One Guy
09-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Am I reading this correctly?

Nothing wrong with that but then there was this.

and this...

This guy had medical problems that made it hard for him to stand during the national anthem. I guess that went out of the window when it was time to fight and stun the **** out of somebody.

The way I understood the story was the guy is a Jahovah's Witness so he wouldn't stand up for the National Anthem and then was on his phone during the moment of silence. When the time came for him to go to the bathroom, noone would move from his way.

Meck77
09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Idiots should not bring tasers into the game and security should search for them. Reasonable. The game/atmosphere has certainly changed a lot in recent years.

New rules on the field. (You can't hit like that!) More and more rules in the tailgate lots (You can't have your radio on so loud!). More rules in the stands. (SIT DOWN and don't block the view!) etc etc etc...

The NFL is quickly becoming a tennis match atmosphere. Park, go watch the game, be quiet during the event, and leave quickly. I guess that is what NFL owners and their corporate sponsors want.

OBF1
09-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Idiots should not bring tasers into the game and security should search for them. Reasonable. The game/atmosphere has certainly changed a lot in recent years.

New rules on the field. (You can't hit like that!) More and more rules in the tailgate lots (You can't have your radio on so loud!). More rules in the stands. (SIT DOWN and don't block the view!) etc etc etc...

The NFL is quickly becoming a tennis match atmosphere. Park, go watch the game, be quiet during the event, and leave quickly. I guess that is what NFL owners and their corporate sponsors want.

This....

Part of the reason I have not been to a game in years.

Swedish Extrovert
09-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Sounds hot!

At the Raiders' game some women was in the mens line to get in the game and when she got up front they said she had to go to the other line... said she, "dammit, that was my favorite part."

BroncosinDC
09-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Am I the only one worried about how to smuggle booze in now...because well I enjoyed the fake security for that reason.

Orange&BlueMohawk
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Don't for get the "Text security from your seat to complain about other fans being too rowdy" nonsense. how is anyone supposed to have any fun. Tennis indeed.

Soon it will be that only your eyes will be able to move as you watch the game. Very Communist. Definitely not American.

Swedish Extrovert
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Don't for get the "Text security from your seat to complain about other fans being too rowdy" nonsense. how is anyone supposed to have any fun. Tennis indeed.

Soon it will be that only your eyes will be able to move as you watch the game. Very Communist. Definitely not American.

Remember, Clady... Champ.... Elway.

Meck77
09-15-2011, 09:58 PM

I see you are from Aurora. Right on "hommie".;D Grew up there myself. Can't believe all the f'in speed cameras they put up around there. Pretty damn communist like "text a fan" IMO.

Flex Gunmetal
09-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Remember, Clady... Champ.... Elway.

Lulz.

Rother8
09-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Cool! Next week I'm showin' up with a boner in sweatpants.

Thanks NFL!

Goobzilla
09-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Pass. No patdowns in front of the 73" TV.

baja
09-16-2011, 12:00 AM

Dickhole.

That's not it, they want you to get used to being searched. It's not your grandmother's America anymore.

baja
09-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Pass. No patdowns in front of the 73" TV.

Yet.

Ugly Duck
09-16-2011, 04:24 AM
Don't forget about the SF and Raider fans having shootouts in stadium parking lots.

I went to the very next preseason game in SF. Had passes to the official tailgate party. Nobody searched me in any way.... no pat down, no metal detector, nothing.

boltaneer
09-16-2011, 10:41 AM
This is long overdue.

Of course, the patdowns they have had at games I've been to have been a joke. Your local security company hiring bums off the street isn't going to know how to do a proper patdown.

DHallblows
09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
It's a damn shame. The first time my buddy and I ever try to bring flasks into the stadium, they do this and find one of his. Damn shame :notthissh

Endy
09-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Smuggled my 375 of Captain into the game last week by putting it in my pants right in front of my junk. They don't touch you there, though I'm married so it means I wish SOMEBODY would touch me there. Even if they took away my Cap'n.

LittleFloyd
09-16-2011, 11:29 AM
For the Monday nite game, they did the usual above the waist pat down then checked from the ankles up to the knees. Still lots of room to bring in whatever. I always tell them afterwards that I'm now sporting wood. Then they are uncomfortable.

Still way short of the TSA patdowns.