PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 5 - vs. Oakland

Taco John
09-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Download Episode 5 - Week 1 vs. Oakland - - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/941n1p2xz4/110914_orangemanepodcast_05.mp3)
(right click - save as)

Show Notes:

-Orton's performance
-Receivers used heavily
-Tebow Chants
-Fox's first game as Broncos HC
-Defense ups and downs
-Week 2 preview

Download Episode 5 - Week 1 vs. Oakland - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/941n1p2xz4/110914_orangemanepodcast_05.mp3)
(right click - save as)

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Thank You!

Taco John
09-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Thank You!

And thank you for commenting and letting us know you listened. Comments and feedback is going to be the gas that keeps this engine primed during what promises to be a long season.

OBF1
09-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Best part.... TJ stating he thinks Denver needs to get on with the Tebow experiment. :thumbs:

ksBRONCOfan
09-15-2011, 05:26 AM
Downloading now and will listen today while I work!!!

orinjkrush
09-15-2011, 07:07 AM
unless I'm wrong, the link takes us to Podcast 4: Seattle preseason.

Jesterhole
09-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah, this is the Seattle preseason. =P

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, this is the Seattle preseason. =P

Try again? I got the Raiders loss. Listening now.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Favorite part so far:

Khan mentioning WRs have better hands than CBs and that's why they've placed at WR. It's extremely true ( :( ) though now height is playing a large role in it as well.

SoCal whipping out a stat of when Elway had a random fumble in 1986 or something against the chargers on a wet opening night. Who tracks this?!?!

HooptyHoops
09-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Top link goes to the Seattle preseason game....bottom link goes to the week 1 Raiders loss.

Listening now!

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Favorite part so far:

Khan mentioning WRs have better hands than CBs and that's why they've placed at WR. It's extremely true ( :( ) though now height is playing a large role in it as well.

SoCal whipping out a stat of when Elway had a random fumble in 1986 or something against the chargers on a wet opening night. Who tracks this?!?!

the 1994 home opener against the Bolts. Chargers went on to the Superbowl, Broncos finished 7-9 and Wade Phillips was fired.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
A criticism to Khan and SoCal (and I still love you both):

Both of you absolved the fumble due to the rain--which is fine--but then criticized the WRs due to drops... of the same wet balls!

C'mon man :)

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
clearly, they like Orton's wet balls better

Taco John
09-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Fixed the link. Sorry about that.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm dying over the "I can't work with this" Re: Campbell

Oh man, football quote of the year so far, imo.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Rey is susceptible to misdirection plays, but I disagree with the PA. Seems he has his read, and then his commit time... and when it's commit time, there's no breaks on the rape train leading to counters etc.

That being said, Maualuga shouldn't be an issue in this game. I strongly feel he'll be ejected a few minutes in after literally raping JD Walton.

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
props to TJ having to play the role of defending Orton. some one had to do it.

:rofl:

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Agree on Decker/Lloyd for this week but more strongly, I'm expecting Fells/Thomas to be the "big game" guys this week as a match-up.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Amazing show.

Amazing show.

You guys get more comfortable as they've gone on so in #5 you're really hitting your strides. Now that we're into the regular season there's also just a lot more topical stuff to discuss and I think it's lead to some reallllllllly good conversations on there.

Makes me nervous about holding up that level of discussion and entertainment :) Speaking of, TJ, are you MARRIED to Tuesday or maybe Monday...?

And finally, 2/3 "shoutouts"... wtf is your problem Khan? Held me back from a hat-trick! Got somethin to say?!?!?

SonOfLe-loLang
09-15-2011, 12:08 PM
the 1994 home opener against the Bolts. Chargers went on to the Superbowl, Broncos finished 7-9 and Wade Phillips was fired.

I dont recall it being wet that day...maybe it was.

Taco John
09-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Amazing show.

Amazing show.

You guys get more comfortable as they've gone on so in #5 you're really hitting your strides. Now that we're into the regular season there's also just a lot more topical stuff to discuss and I think it's lead to some reallllllllly good conversations on there.

Makes me nervous about holding up that level of discussion and entertainment :) Speaking of, TJ, are you MARRIED to Tuesday or maybe Monday...?

And finally, 2/3 "shoutouts"... wtf is your problem Khan? Held me back from a hat-trick! Got somethin to say?!?!?

Monday would be difficult for several reasons. One, There are family matters on Monday night to take care of. Two, there's Monday Night football. And three, I like to try to watch the game again as part of show prep.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Monday would be difficult for several reasons. One, There are family matters on Monday night to take care of. Two, there's Monday Night football. And three, I like to try to watch the game again as part of show prep.

Didnt know you were such a fan!

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 12:15 PM
I dont recall it being wet that day...maybe it was.

no rain....I think it was really hot and it was the dirt infield end of the field at old Mile High

SonOfLe-loLang
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
no rain....I think it was really hot and it was the dirt infield end of the field at old Mile High

I think he just ****ed up at a really inopportune time. As did Orton...except Orton didnt lead us to 3 super bowls by that point and the 1994 opener was not a referendum on Elway.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Fair enough, when do you need a commitment by?

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I think he just ****ed up at a really inopportune time. As did Orton...except Orton didnt lead us to 3 super bowls by that point and the 1994 opener was not a referendum on Elway.

that goes without saying... :giggle:

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
great job guys....this was the first podcast I've listened to this year.

bronco militia
09-15-2011, 12:40 PM
on a related note, this loss felt a lot like the 94 opener.

1-5 here we come :(

vonqkilla
09-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Nice work, as far as trends go khan, we had never lost a season opener at home vs the raiders.

fontaine
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys.

You did the mane proud.

I've been listening to all the shows and this one was your best work.

DrFate
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
I do enjoy these. Props to the three guys

Kaylore
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really surprised that you guys like them. I honestly am surprised anyone cares what I think about anything, but am grateful some of you get enjoyment out of it. Taco said he's going to keep trying to get guys from the Mane to try their hand at it. I'm sure we have some real talented people out there.

Ray Finkle
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Good job guys, you've improved lights years over the first podcast.

fontaine
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really surprised that you guys like them. I honestly am surprised anyone cares what I think about anything, but am grateful some of you get enjoyment out of it. Taco said he's going to keep trying to get guys from the Mane to try their hand at it. I'm sure we have some real talented people out there.

I enjoyed it because it was honest analysis, nothing homerish about it.

Especially stuff that you wouldn't get to notice right away like Orton not allowing his WRs to go out and compete for the ball, or Kuper not playing well, along with the rest of OL instead of it being an hour of patting each other on the back and thinking everything's going to be ok.

Cmac821
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I like the optimism

broncosteven
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM

I love listening to the dulcet tones of Kahn.

These really are a fun listen, I only got to where Socal was talking about Royal and his drops before I ran out of juice but I am planning on listening tonight.

Level headed analysis and great Bronco takes you can't get anywhere else.

Keep up the great work Kahn, Taco, Montrose, Socal!