PDA

View Full Version : Orton has lost the team and the Fans... It's Tebow time!

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
11 long years of waiting and my patience is gone. First I have to evoke the, “Elway has nothing to do with the comparisons when it comes to our current group of QB’s” misnomer. I know it’s a team game, so let’s leave that out of it for now and just talk about the QB situation alone. Simply put Orton is a Bum and comparing him, Quinn or Tebow to Elway is insane, so let’s get that obvious statement out of the way as well.

For 11 years we’ve had only one playoff win which was is in 2006. That year I remember very well. Plummer was the QB of the team that lost big to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. For the most part Plummer crumbled under the pressure and choked big time in that one and it cost the Broncos what should have been their 3rd Super Bowl ring. They should have beat that Steelers team, they had talent enough on both sides of the ball to do so and would have kicked the Seahawks butt all over the field had they gone to the Super Bowl.

That year the Broncos had a better overall team than both the Steelers and the Seahawks. The Broncos had a great running game and serviceable WR’s. The only thing lacking was a better than average QB which Jake the Fake proved he wasn’t. Had the Broncos had such a QB the Broncos would own another Lombardi trophy.

Then a few years later, we traded the only good QB the Broncos had on the roster over that 11 year span which was Jay Cutler. For all of his warts and his immature headed ways he’s 10 times better from a skill set level than Orton, Quinn or Tebow. We can thank McDaniels for that move and the one that sent Peyton Hillis to the Browns. Not to mention the horrible draft picks he made his 2 years in Denver.

After the Broncos won a Super Bowl at least from my prospective nothing less than a playoff appearance is a worthy expectation with the hope of another Super Bowl bid and a win. This is what the hard core fan should expect nothing less. I for one am sick to death of watching a crappy football team week in and week out and lose just as often.

Orton has had 3 years with the Broncos now and has not progressed one iota in fact he’s digressed. He telegraphs his throws, he can't scramble nor move in the pocket, he has trouble completing not just the long throw but the short throw as well. He can’t seem to make a play in the red zone and score. But worse of all he doesn’t have one single intangible characteristic to make up for all of his other physical weaknesses, none.

That’s were Tebow comes in, he doesn’t have the experience but he won’t get any by setting on the bench. He has the intangibles that Orton does not. He can scramble, he’s a big strong kid who can pick up yards on running plays but most important of all he has a burning will to win. He plays inspired football, he plays to win and he’s not the kind of guy to give up on a game no matter what the score.

This can’t be said about Orton. Orton looks like he just woke up from a 3 hour nap when he’s out there. Being calm is one thing but being a stiff who doesn’t have that burning desire in his gut to get back in the game to redeem himself is something I just can’t take anymore. The Raiders were ripe for the taking Monday Night and Orton with his bumbling play blew a game the Broncos should have easily won despite all the other problems the Broncos have as a team. Orton just doesn’t have the leadership skills to pick up a team that’s down and bring them back; he’s shown that over and over in painful detail.

Basically Orton has pulled off a big con, he’s laughing all the way to the bank thanks to McD. He knows had the Broncos not traded for him and signed him to a big bucks deal he most likely would have gone to another team as a back up or cut from the league all together. There can be no more lame excuses for Orton he’s a failure and it’s time the Broncos moved on.

He’s lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, he’s a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. He's the only friend Orton has on the team.

Orton has lost the team, all but Lloyd for the reasons I’ve mentioned. He’s lost the confidence of the Fans and finally most of the rah rah morons in the media who claimed he was the best thing going for the Broncos before this game. I’m sure he’s lost the confidence of Bowlen, Elway and Fox but none of them can or will come out and admit it. Why? There are 8.4 million reasons why they won’t. Benching an 8 million dollar Bum isn’t in the cards yet I guess. They’ll probably wait until the Broncos have no shot at a playoff berth then remove him. It’s not a good situation to say the least and if so much money wasn’t involved Orton would have been benched this week after the god awful performance he made everyone suffer through Monday Night.

It’s Tebow time, we need to see if he’s going to be our QB of the future or not. Maybe we don’t win with Tebow starting either but at least if he gets some extended playing time now the Broncos can make an educated decision about whether to start him next year or trade him and look for someone else.

bowtown
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
http://menversus.com/images/34npc3l.jpg

DomCasual
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I thought your post yesterday was your one and only Orton post?

I'm kidding.

Post on.

HAT
09-14-2011, 04:50 PM
You sure like to type.

OBF1
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Where are we going with this???

Bob's your Information Minister
digressed

digress [daɪˈgrɛs]
vb (intr)
1. to depart from the main subject in speech or writing
2. to wander from one's path or main direction

Mile High Mojoe
I thought your post yesterday was your one and only Orton post?

I'm kidding.

Post on.
I wasn't going to write anything but a Broncos Fan friend I have on facebook lit a fire under me today. I couldn't stop myself.

DomCasual
You sure like to type.

I was going to point out that there were a lot of words in his posts.

DomCasual
09-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I wasn't going to write anything but a Broncos Fan friend I have on facebook lit a fire under me today. I couldn't stop myself.

Ah, that's okay. As another person who has a lot to say, I'll give you this advice. If you shorten your posts, you'll get a better response. No one here reads much beyond about a paragraph.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Ah, that's okay. As another person who has a lot to say, I'll give you this advice. If you shorten your posts, you'll get a better response. No one here reads much beyond about a paragraph.

I honestly agree I need to let up a little but damn this Orton thing is choking me to death.

Bob's your Information Minister
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Lloyd is another phony, he’s a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. Now the Broncos have him under contract for 3 year and $30 million when the guy isn’t even worth $3 million over 3 years.

Butthurt fan on aisle 3.....

WolfpackGuy
09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
3 years, $30 million?

When did **** that happen?

KevinJames
09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Every thread on the Mane = Orton Sucks Tebow God blah blah blah blah

at this point I would rather sign David Garrard for a stop gap to a rookie QB this year than have any QB on the roster playing. If that isn't realistic than I guess I would be okay with Tebow or Quinn but I would give Orton till week 4 or 5 before we make that move.

Popps
09-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Finally, someone with the guts to take on this topic.

bowtown
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
3 years, $30 million?

That's what I was just wondering.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 05:00 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/30clt8n.gif

http://i54.tinypic.com/qxa249.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ltjyxi.gif

theAPAOps5
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
As a favor to the Mane I have bolded the important parts of this long yet important post.

11 long years of waiting and my patience is gone. First I have to evoke the, ďElway has nothing to do with the comparisons when it comes to our current group of QBísĒ misnomer. I know itís a team game, so letís leave that out of it for now and just talk about the QB situation alone. Simply put Orton is a Bum and comparing him, Quinn or Tebow to Elway is insane, so letís get that obvious statement out of the way as well.

For 11 years weíve had only one playoff win which was is in 2006. That year I remember very well. Plummer was the QB of the team that lost big to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. For the most part Plummer crumbled under the pressure and choked big time in that one and it cost the Broncos what should have been their 3rd Super Bowl ring. They should have beat that Steelers team, they had talent enough on both sides of the ball to do so and would have kicked the Seahawks butt all over the field had they gone to the Super Bowl.

That year the Broncos had a better overall team than both the Steelers and the Seahawks. The Broncos had a great running game and serviceable WRís. The only thing lacking was a better than average QB which Jake the Fake proved he wasnít. Had the Broncos had such a QB the Broncos would own another Lombardi trophy.

Then a few years later, we traded the only good QB the Broncos had on the roster over that 11 year span which was Jay Cutler. For all of his warts and his immature headed ways heís 10 times better from a skill set level than Orton, Quinn or Tebow. We can thank McDaniels for that move and the one that sent Peyton Hillis to the Browns. Not to mention the horrible draft picks he made his 2 years in Denver.

After the Broncos won a Super Bowl at least from my prospective nothing less than a playoff appearance is a worthy expectation with the hope of another Super Bowl bid and a win. This is what the hard core fan should expect nothing less. I for one am sick to death of watching a crappy football team week in and week out and lose just as often.

Orton has had 3 years with the Broncos now and has not progressed one iota in fact heís digressed. He telegraphs his throws, he can't scramble nor move in the pocket, he has trouble completing not just the long throw but the short throw as well. He canít seem to make a play in the red zone and score. But worse of all he doesnít have one single intangible characteristic to make up for all of his other physical weaknesses, none.

Thatís were Tebow comes in, he doesnít have the experience but he wonít get any by setting on the bench. He has the intangibles that Orton does not. He can scramble, heís a big strong kid who can pick up yards on running plays but most important of all he has a burning will to win. He plays inspired football, he plays to win and heís not the kind of guy to give up on a game no matter what the score.

This canít be said about Orton. Orton looks like he just woke up from a 3 hour nap when heís out there. Being calm is one thing but being a stiff who doesnít have that burning desire in his gut to get back in the game to redeem himself is something I just canít take anymore. The Raiders were ripe for the taking Monday Night and Orton with his bumbling play blew a game the Broncos should have easily won despite all the other problems the Broncos have as a team. Orton just doesnít have the leadership skills to pick up a team thatís down and bring them back; heís shown that over and over in painful detail.

Basically Orton has pulled off a big con, heís laughing all the way to the bank thanks to McD. He knows had the Broncos not traded for him and signed him to a big bucks deal he most likely would have gone to another team as a back up or cut from the league all together. There can be no more lame excuses for Orton heís a failure and itís time the Broncos moved on.

Heís lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, heís a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. Now the Broncos have him under contract for 3 year and $30 million when the guy isnít even worth $3 million over 3 years.

Orton has lost the team, all but Lloyd for the reasons Iíve mentioned. Heís lost the confidence of the Fans and finally most of the rah rah morons in the media who claimed he was the best thing going for the Broncos before this game. Iím sure heís lost the confidence of Bowlen, Elway and Fox but none of them can or will come out and admit it. Why? There are 8.4 million reasons why they wonít. Benching an 8 million dollar Bum isnít in the cards yet I guess. Theyíll probably wait until the Broncos have no shot at a playoff berth then remove him. Itís not a good situation to say the least and if so much money wasnít involved Orton would have been benched this week after the god awful performance he made everyone suffer through Monday Night.

Itís Tebow time, we need to see if heís going to be our QB of the future or not. Maybe we donít win with Tebow starting either but at least if he gets some extended playing time now the Broncos can make an educated decision about whether to start him next year or trade him and look for someone else.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 05:05 PM
3 years, $30 million?

If I'm wrong correct me here I thought I heard this was what he signed for. I swear I heard them say it Monday Night. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but what did he sign for? To much I'm sure, he's the only friend Orton has on the team.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM
If I'm wrong correct me here I thought I heard this was what he signed for. I swear I heard them say it Monday Night. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but what did he sign for? To much I'm sure, he's the only friend Orton has on the team.

There was no contract extension...

bowtown
09-14-2011, 05:07 PM

As far as I know, he's still playing on the 2 year 1.5 mil contract he signed at the beginning of 2010.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
There was no contract extension...Okay I stand corrected. thanks.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif

WolfpackGuy
09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Thank you, lawdy!

They don't need another albatross of a contract hanging around their necks.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
As far as I know, he's still playing on the 2 year 1.5 mil contract he signed at the beginning of 2010.
Weird I guess I was so pissed about how the game was going that I heard something totally unrelated.

Flex Gunmetal
09-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Surprised myself and read it all. A little rich in emotion, but I agree.
orton, please go.

mkporter
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Weird I guess I was so pissed about how the game was going that I heard something totally unrelated.

You should edit your manifesto, so when people go back later to not read it, it is accurate.

mkporter
09-14-2011, 05:44 PM
This is my favorite thread today. Also:

Rolandftw
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
When did Orton lose the team? I see the fans, obviously, but most of his teammates have defended him being the starting QB.

TailgateNut
09-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I honestly agree I need to let up a little but damn this Orton thing is choking me to death.

Hopefully IT succeeds.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Surprised myself and read it all. A little rich in emotion, but I agree.
orton, please go.

Ha!

Ralph... pls go

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Page 2 and guess what?

http://i44.tinypic.com/ve6r79.gif

go_broncos
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
So..you are saying Orton Sucks and we should start Tebow.
I agree..

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Then start a blog.

Glad typewriters are out of Vogue because this would have been a waste of paper. BTW, didn't read any of your rant.

baja
09-14-2011, 05:54 PM
11 long years of waiting and my patience is gone. First I have to evoke the, ďElway has nothing to do with the comparisons when it comes to our current group of QBísĒ misnomer. I know itís a team game, so letís leave that out of it for now and just talk about the QB situation alone. Simply put Orton is a Bum and comparing him, Quinn or Tebow to Elway is insane, so letís get that obvious statement out of the way as well.

For 11 years weíve had only one playoff win which was is in 2006. That year I remember very well. Plummer was the QB of the team that lost big to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game. For the most part Plummer crumbled under the pressure and choked big time in that one and it cost the Broncos what should have been their 3rd Super Bowl ring. They should have beat that Steelers team, they had talent enough on both sides of the ball to do so and would have kicked the Seahawks butt all over the field had they gone to the Super Bowl.

That year the Broncos had a better overall team than both the Steelers and the Seahawks. The Broncos had a great running game and serviceable WRís. The only thing lacking was a better than average QB which Jake the Fake proved he wasnít. Had the Broncos had such a QB the Broncos would own another Lombardi trophy.

Then a few years later, we traded the only good QB the Broncos had on the roster over that 11 year span which was Jay Cutler. For all of his warts and his immature headed ways heís 10 times better from a skill set level than Orton, Quinn or Tebow. We can thank McDaniels for that move and the one that sent Peyton Hillis to the Browns. Not to mention the horrible draft picks he made his 2 years in Denver.

Orton has had 3 years with the Broncos now and has not progressed one iota in fact heís digressed. He telegraphs his throws, he can't scramble nor move in the pocket, he has trouble completing not just the long throw but the short throw as well. He canít seem to make a play in the red zone and score. But worse of all he doesnít have one single intangible characteristic to make up for all of his other physical weaknesses, none.

Thatís were Tebow comes in, he doesnít have the experience but he wonít get any by setting on the bench. He has the intangibles that Orton does not. He can scramble, heís a big strong kid who can pick up yards on running plays but most important of all he has a burning will to win. He plays inspired football, he plays to win and heís not the kind of guy to give up on a game no matter what the score.

This canít be said about Orton. Orton looks like he just woke up from a 3 hour nap when heís out there. Being calm is one thing but being a stiff who doesnít have that burning desire in his gut to get back in the game to redeem himself is something I just canít take anymore. The Raiders were ripe for the taking Monday Night and Orton with his bumbling play blew a game the Broncos should have easily won despite all the other problems the Broncos have as a team. Orton just doesnít have the leadership skills to pick up a team thatís down and bring them back; heís shown that over and over in painful detail.

Basically Orton has pulled off a big con, heís laughing all the way to the bank thanks to McD. He knows had the Broncos not traded for him and signed him to a big bucks deal he most likely would have gone to another team as a back up or cut from the league all together. There can be no more lame excuses for Orton heís a failure and itís time the Broncos moved on.

Heís lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, heís a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. He's the only friend Orton has on the team.

Orton has lost the team, all but Lloyd for the reasons Iíve mentioned. Heís lost the confidence of the Fans and finally most of the rah rah morons in the media who claimed he was the best thing going for the Broncos before this game. Iím sure heís lost the confidence of Bowlen, Elway and Fox but none of them can or will come out and admit it. Why? There are 8.4 million reasons why they wonít. Benching an 8 million dollar Bum isnít in the cards yet I guess. Theyíll probably wait until the Broncos have no shot at a playoff berth then remove him. Itís not a good situation to say the least and if so much money wasnít involved Orton would have been benched this week after the god awful performance he made everyone suffer through Monday Night.

Itís Tebow time, we need to see if heís going to be our QB of the future or not. Maybe we donít win with Tebow starting either but at least if he gets some extended playing time now the Broncos can make an educated decision about whether to start him next year or trade him and look for someone else.

Guy puts a lot of effort in stating his opinion all you guys giff him to death with Did not Read giffs, some community. You all are about as good as the Broncos, you both suck.

baja
09-14-2011, 05:55 PM
PS I didn't read it either - too long but I keep that to myself. ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/Didntreadlady.gif

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
PS I didn't read it either - too long but I keep that to myself. ;D

You are right Baja. You bumping the OP post in its entire form gave me the chance to look it over and for the second time........ AND NOT READ IT!

baja
09-14-2011, 06:02 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/Didntreadlady.gif

That is mesmerizing

baja
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Like to see a shot of that from the rear. pun intended.

Ironlung
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
lol @ moonwalking bertface!

Finger Roll
09-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Heís lost the team except for Brandon Lloyd who Orton made a millionaire because he was the only WR he would throw a ball to last year. Lloyd is another phony, heís a career bench scrub who can claim one good year as a Pro (last year) and will never repeat it. He's the only friend Orton has on the team.

Do you have a link for this? I doubt he lost the team and only has one friend.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Do you have a link for this? I doubt he lost the team and only has one friend.

So YOU are the ONE that actually read that.

Finger Roll
09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
So YOU are the ONE that actually read that.

I only read it for sh!ts and giggles. Long and boring as hell.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Hopefully IT succeeds.

Why all the hate Bro? I broke bread with you 2 years ago at the Raiders game in Denver remember? Did you like how Orton played in that game? Since that time has Orton improved so much that you think he's worthy of keeping his job?

oubronco
09-14-2011, 06:54 PM

maher_tyler
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Who is Kyle Orton??

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Why all the hate Bro? I broke bread with you 2 years ago at the Raiders game in Denver remember? Did you like how Orton played in that game? Since that time has Orton improved so much that you think he's worthy of keeping his job?

Remember how Orton had 3 different chances to put that game away and blew it? Remember how we let DeMarcus Russell have his last shining moment as a Raider? That Orton is the same Orton who blew another one on Monday. Same chit different day, same Orton different season. Do we waste another season by letting Orton keep his job just because he's had some experience? What if it's all been bad experience? Do we just keeping crossing our fingers until he turns into a real QB who can finish games? When will that moment come?

maven
09-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Who is Kyle Orton??

Some garbage ****ing QB we've had to watch for the past two ****ing years, and somehow this **** is starting again for the Broncos year three.

theAPAOps5
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Remember how Orton had 3 different chances to put that game away and blew it? Remember how we let DeMarcus Russell have his last shining moment as a Raider? That Orton is the same Orton who blew another one on Monday. Same chit different day, same Orton different season. Do we waste another season by letting Orton keep his job just because he's had some experience? What if it's all been bad experience? Do we just keeping crossing our fingers until he turns into a real QB who can finish games? When will that moment come?

Wait you slandered yourself and you quoted it and are now talking to yourself about breaking bread 2 years ago?

That is pretty crazy bro!

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Wait you slandered yourself and you quoted it and are now talking to yourself about breaking bread 2 years ago?

I meant to qoute Tailgatenut my bad.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Was going to say the same thing. This Orton thing has got to many heads since Monday (or beyond). He answers his own post without TGN responding. Hell, we have seen Mock in his prime so this is very light but unexpected.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
:afro:Was going to say the same thing. This Orton thing has got to many heads since Monday (or beyond). He answers his own post without TGN responding. Hell, we have seen Mock in his prime so this is very light but unexpected.

Did you read my last post I'm on my cell trying to respond. Same old OM don't try to respond to the substance of the questions I asked okay? Attack me for not posting correctly instead.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
:afro:

Did you read my last post I'm on my cell trying to respond. Same old OM don't try to respond to the substance of the questions I asked okay? Attack me for not posting correctly instead.

It was that you couldnt wait for TGN's response so you responded anyways! It was actually funny so don't take it too hard. We are just giving you light hearted ****. If you are going to be at the Mane, you will need to know most are going to spot these types of things and raze you on it. It is fair game and it is done in jest. In other words, roll with it.

missingnumber7
09-14-2011, 08:34 PM

13 Rushes to 42 passes....is that ortons fault too?

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
It was that you couldnt wait for TGN's response so you responded anyways! It was actually funny so don't take it too hard. We are just giving you light hearted ****. If you are going to be at the Mane, you will need to know most are going to spot these types of things and raze you on it. It is fair game and it is done in jest. In other words, roll with it.

I understand the kidding but there are guys on here who spent day and night acting like little punks behind a computer doing nothing but taking below the belt personal shots instead of having a civil discussion about the Broncos. It's not always like that but it goes on to much for me so I've been spotty about coming in.

TailgateNut
09-14-2011, 09:53 PM

Broke bread. My mistake to allow that. In hindsight I wish I hadn't invited you. I ****ing hate PIGS (didn't find out until after that game). Almost shot two of the worthless ****ers a couple of decades ago when they "trespassed" on my property. Then the spineless ****s sent the SWAT team in who proceeded to drug my dogs and break into my house and arrested me..
Turned out all charges were dropped 'cause the useless ****s were out of line and their actions were deemed unlawful by the judge. In hindsight I SHOULD HAVE shot them both (would have saved me about a grand in attorneys' fees and would have made for more breathing room for real human beings.

So take your high and mighty self and do us all a favor. Commit Hari Kari.

broncocalijohn
09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
^ Wow, judging all cops based on your incident. That is painting a broad brush.

I understand the kidding but there are guys on here who spent day and night acting like little punks behind a computer doing nothing but taking below the belt personal shots instead of having a civil discussion about the Broncos. It's not always like that but it goes on to much for me so I've been spotty about coming in.

Don't worry. That guy went to bed. Besides the TGN post, it is pretty mellow with the bickering.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Broke bread. My mistake to allow that. In hindsight I wish I hadn't invited you. I ****ing hate PIGS (didn't find out until after that game). Almost shot two of the worthless ****ers a couple of decades ago when they "trespassed" on my property. Then the spineless ****s sent the SWAT team in who proceeded to drug my dogs and break into my house and arrested me..
Turned out all charges were dropped 'cause the useless ****s were out of line and their actions were deemed unlawful by the judge. In hindsight I SHOULD HAVE shot them both (would have saved me about a grand in attorneys' fees and would have made for more breathing room for real human beings.

Whoa! At one time I was a Cop but I never did you any harm. Not every Cop is a bung hole. I was just attempting to have a discussion about Broncos QB. Sorry you had a bad experience not all of us are rogue Cops.

razorwire77
09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I think all Orton vs. Tebow thread should now be told metaphorically through song.

Kyle Orton's lost that lovin' feeling now it's gone, gone, gone. Wooooooh. . .

Tebow (Tebow), Tebow (Tebow),
I beg of you please...please,
I need your love (I need your love),
I need your love (I need your love),
So bring it on back (So bring it on back),
Bring it on back (so bring it on back).

TailgateNut
09-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Whoa! At one time I was a Cop but I never did you any harm. Not every Cop is a bung hole. I was just attempting to have a discussion about Broncos QB. Sorry you had a bad experience not all of us rogue Cops.

You obviously don't live in Denver. They seem to think they can get away with Murder here also, 'cause they do.

Every damn one I've encountered has been useless as tits on a boarhog.

My home was burglarized a few years back. Again Barney Fife and Co showed up and concluded that there wasn't any evidence. Did some "leg work" myself which eventually led to the arrest of the ****ing meth head. Stupid overpaid ****s they sent over here never even checked my back yard or back of the house for evidence.

Yes EVERY COP is a BUNGHOLE!

24champ
09-14-2011, 10:25 PM
http://menversus.com/images/34npc3l.jpg

Yup, his posts are worthless anyway.

Hulamau
09-14-2011, 10:33 PM

at this point I would rather sign David Garrard for a stop gap to a rookie QB this year than have any QB on the roster playing. If that isn't realistic than I guess I would be okay with Tebow or Quinn but I would give Orton till week 4 or 5 before we make that move.

Ha! that might help shut up the drama queens! :-) It is true Orton isn't as bad as some here would like to paint him in classic over the top fashion, and its also true he isnt good enough to get it done with our current cast of characters on this team.

Orton main sin is he isn't a complete package and for our team as it is now to compete and win consistently at this stage of the rebuild we must have a true complete franchise-esque QB behind center.

Even Orton isn't even as bad as the Orton we saw Monday night, but that matters not when our O-line with rookie Franklin is just getting his diapers wet and there was zero protection for the first 3 quarters and no run game at all!

Im not at all giving Orton a pass, I was very disappointed he crapped the bed as bad as he did at the worst possible moments. He did himself and the rest of us no favors by screwing the pooch in the ways he did!

The last quarter the blocking tightened up some so hopefully that was a harbinger of better days ahead. Orton's abysmal athleticism is a huge liability in a league with so many stud pass rushers.

And Tebow really isn't ready either to carry the torch without likely getting killed by the 5th game. Fox might have to open up the creativity box a bit more and agree to use Orton more where he is at his best between the 20s and not hesitate to used Tebow more inside Redzone 15, at least in select packages to give the defense some pause along the way.

We were screwed early when Oakland, knowing Fox wanted to establish the run and knowing how they manhandled our same line last year, borught 8 men in the box and stuffed us early. Had Fox/McCoy recognized that early and made them pay with play action and screen passes it would have likely been a totally different game!

Our line wouldn't have been so flummoxed and deflated, nor would have Moreno and Willis giving them all more confidence to kick the run game in gear when Oakland was forced to play honest and drop another back into coverage.

Anyway this week should tell a lot more, if this thing gets away with us early we might as well find out what Tim can really do over the course of a year as we enter the Pot' O' Luck sweepstakes for real?

But its way too early to throw in the towel. Id rather be one of those teams that takes a while to get it going but gets it together in the second half of the year as opposed to so many years past where we started out strong only to fade down the stretch. We'll see, either they rally soon or this Tebow thing becomes a real distraction until unlucky Kyle is run out of town I'm afraid.

Orton isn't a bad guy and its got to be tough in his shoes about now.

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
You obviously don't live in Denver. They seem to think they can get away with Murder here also, 'cause they do.

Every damn one I've encountered has been useless as boobies on a boarhog.

My home was burglarized a few years back. Again Barney Fife and Co showed up and concluded that there wasn't any evidence. Did some "leg work" myself which eventually led to the arrest of the ****ing meth head. Stupid overpaid ****s they sent over here never even checked my back yard or back of the house for evidence.

I've heard stories about the corruption in the Denver PD so this doesn't surprise me. The Captain I worked under in Sacramento was arrested for grand theft and bribery of a public official after I retired. It didn't have anything to do with me thankfully but it did sour me on law enforcement. 90% of the cops out there are doing a good job but that 10% is the ones who make the papers.

vonqkilla
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM

N.W.A. said it best

theAPAOps5
09-14-2011, 10:39 PM

To be fair he is a retired cop, he had a long 2 year career as a cop

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1400442&postcount=103

He isn't tainted! Well in the cop sense at least!

Mile High Mojoe
09-14-2011, 10:50 PM
To be fair he is a retired cop, he had a long 2 year career as a cop

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1400442&postcount=103

He isn't tainted! Well in the cop sense at least!

As I just said the Captain I worked for was corrupt. That's why I only lasted 2 years and that was long enough to know I didn't want any part of it.

R8R H8R
09-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Remember how Orton had 3 different chances to put that game away and blew it?

No, I really was quite drunk at the time(apologies to Pink Floyd- some of you over the age of 40 will get that).

Remember how we let DeMarcus Russell have his last shining moment as a Raider?

Yes, this I remember. I clearly remember how the defense let the worst QB in the league drive down a long field and win the game. I was sick to my stomach, and not because of the alcohol.

But I don't remember being mad at Orton; just the defense and the whole Broncos team, because that is who played the game, the team, not just Orton.

24champ
09-14-2011, 10:56 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgs1lelPD81qaqlyro1_250.gif

R8R H8R
09-14-2011, 11:17 PM
It is true Orton isn't as bad as some here would like to paint him in classic over the top fashion, and its also true he isnt good enough to get it done with our current cast of characters on this team.

Im not at all giving Orton a pass, I was very disappointed he crapped the bed as bad as he did at the worst possible moments. He did himself and the rest of us no favors by screwing the pooch in the ways he did!

Agreed with both points. This pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject. However, like many here, I want to see what Tebow can do before Orton bolts in FA next year, and with Orton's injury history and our bad OL, we will probably see him sooner or later this season.

Where I differ from many here on the Mane is I trust Fox to make this decision on who is starting now, not the fans.

fontaine
09-15-2011, 02:08 AM

I appreciated your post.

It always gets crazy around here during a QB controversy (Griese, Plummer/Cutler, Orton/Simms etc) so don't let all the spam/drama on the thread deter you from sharing your thoughts again in the civil manner you've already demonstrated.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2011, 04:56 AM
As I just said the Captain I worked for was corrupt. That's why I only lasted 2 years and that was long enough to know I didn't want any part of it.

Wait when I was reading that thread where I found that quote you said the department was disbanded and that is why you retired after only 2 years. So you really quit and never really retired?

strafen
09-15-2011, 05:50 AM

Your OP was great. I enjoyed reading it. Great post, but too many morons make up this board to have a good discussion going. Can't do it. (Mike Singletary)

As for your quote above, yes, that describes perfectly what this board is all about for most part.
People don't usually start a thread unless it has potential for drama, fighting and insults.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Wait when I was reading that thread where I found that quote you said the department was disbanded and that is why you retired after only 2 years. So you really quit and never really retired?

I know you're one of my long time haters so let me explain. We were warned 3 months in advance that the department was going to be disbanded and yes, I did have the option to opt-out officially and retire as result under California law. I never got into the reasons but now you know why I left early, my Captain was a nightmare and I wanted no part of being involved with her or the coming storm that ensued upon her.

It was really disappointing, becoming a Police Officer was a lifelong dream but I just happened to be at the wrong place at the right time when things went all to hell. Thankfully I came out of it okay and can at least say I achieved the goal of getting through a Police Academy at the age of 44 (oldest in my class) and get a job shortly after. Of the 24 I graduated with only 10 ended up getting a job. My wife had a lot to say about me giving it up too and thankfully I listened to her.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Your OP was great. I enjoyed reading it. Great post, but too many morons make up this board to have a good discussion going. Can't do it. (Mike Singletary)

As for your quote above, yes, that describes perfectly what this board is all about for most part.
People don't usually start a thread unless it has potential for drama, fighting and insults.

Thanks I enjoy talking about the Broncos but just don't have the time to put up with punks whose only purpose on this board is to stir it up. My life is full and fantastic and I can find better things to do than fight with people hiding behind a computer.

Flex Gunmetal
09-15-2011, 08:01 AM

I don't care for police.

That said, you are a moron and waste of space on this planet.

fontaine
09-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Getting back to the OP:

1. Orton really only works behind a solid OL with a good run game. We have neither.
2. Our interior OL is still weak. Defenses will just load up and stack the line to get to Orton and just dare him to go over the top.
3. Our running game/OL isn't going to improve in the next few weeks, it's not just chemistry/sync/experience issues, it's mainly the talent that is subpar.

Given all of this Orton may play better, but he's not going to be an effective QB in this offense. The only way to change the odds is to put in someone like Tebow who can buy time in the pocket, keep plays alive and churn out the first down yards because he can take off with it.

It's not going to be pretty, and it flat out sucks but the best offense we have right now is to get Tebow in there, give him one primary read and tell him to take off running after 3 seconds if his primary read isn't open and occasionally take shots deep because he does have a decent long ball.

Yeah it sucks but we also went two straight seasons with Plummer executing a similar one trick, gimmick roll out offense also.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Ha! that might help shut up the drama queens! :-) It is true Orton isn't as bad as some here would like to paint him in classic over the top fashion, and its also true he isnt good enough to get it done with our current cast of characters on this team.

Orton main sin is he isn't a complete package and for our team as it is now to compete and win consistently at this stage of the rebuild we must have a true complete franchise-esque QB behind center.

Even Orton isn't even as bad as the Orton we saw Monday night, but that matters not when our O-line with rookie Franklin is just getting his diapers wet and there was zero protection for the first 3 quarters and no run game at all!

The last quarter the blocking tightened up some so hopefully that was a harbinger of better days ahead. Orton's abysmal athleticism is a huge liability in a league with so many stud pass rushers.

And Tebow really isn't ready either to carry the torch without likely getting killed by the 5th game. Fox might have to open up the creativity box a bit more and agree to use Orton more where he is at his best between the 20s and not hesitate to used Tebow more inside Redzone 15, at least in select packages to give the defense some pause along the way.

We were screwed early when Oakland, knowing Fox wanted to establish the run and knowing how they manhandled our same line last year, borught 8 men in the box and stuffed us early. Had Fox/McCoy recognized that early and made them pay with play action and screen passes it would have likely been a totally different game!

Our line wouldn't have been so flummoxed and deflated, nor would have Moreno and Willis giving them all more confidence to kick the run game in gear when Oakland was forced to play honest and drop another back into coverage.

Anyway this week should tell a lot more, if this thing gets away with us early we might as well find out what Tim can really do over the course of a year as we enter the Pot' O' Luck sweepstakes for real?

But its way too early to throw in the towel. Id rather be one of those teams that takes a while to get it going but gets it together in the second half of the year as opposed to so many years past where we started out strong only to fade down the stretch. We'll see, either they rally soon or this Tebow thing becomes a real distraction until unlucky Kyle is run out of town I'm afraid.

Good post although I don't agree with all of it at least we do agree that what is best for the team is what must happen. Maybe Orton redeems himself against the Bengals, I hope he can. I want to watch some better football than we've seen the last 2 years, some wins would be a plus too.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Getting back to the OP:

1. Orton really only works behind a solid OL with a good run game. We have neither.
2. Our interior OL is still weak. Defenses will just load up and stack the line to get to Orton and just dare him to go over the top.
3. Our running game/OL isn't going to improve in the next few weeks, it's not just chemistry/sync/experience issues, it's mainly the talent that is subpar.

Given all of this Orton may play better, but he's not going to be an effective QB in this offense. The only way to change the odds is to put in someone like Tebow who can buy time in the pocket, keep plays alive and churn out the first down yards because he can take off with it.

It's not going to be pretty, and it flat out sucks but the best offense we have right now is to get Tebow in there, give him one primary read and tell him to take off running after 3 seconds if his primary read isn't open.

Yeah it sucks but we also went two straight seasons with Plummer executing a similar one trick, gimmick roll out offense also.

I agree Orton can't function without a running game but even when he's had it he still hasn't made big plays, especially in the redzone. The OL is young and inexperienced and that hasn't helped. Still...Orton is incapable of improvision when the protection breaks down. So you're also right when you say that Tebow makes more sense. Orton isn't going to improve his game, he's shown his ass and his arm and he doesn't have it in him to help the Broncos win games. Tebow should get a shot sooner rather than later so we can see if at seasons end we have to get another QB next year.

Gort
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM

i wonder how bad those teams would have been if they had the awful running game we have now. if Plummer had had to throw on every down, we probably don't make the playoffs in 2003/2004/2005.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 08:18 AM
During training camp, Orton told a local radio station that the last two seasons were the best of his career, and also said to reporters, "I'm playing the best football of my career." Then, he added, "all I'll do is let my play speak for itself."

I just can't imagine how anyone would believe this to be the case. If the last 2 years are the best he can do I rest my case.

Eldorado
09-15-2011, 08:21 AM

Holy ****! Breathtaking comeback by tgn in the 'As$ Hole of the Year' race. This one might be over, folks!

ColoradoDarin
09-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Kyle Orton saw his completion percentage drop from 64% to 38.1% when pressure got to him.

Link (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/15/re-focused-raiders-broncos-week-1/)

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Link (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/15/re-focused-raiders-broncos-week-1/)

Pretty interesting site with a different point of view. I can only imagine that every QBs comp. Rate goes way down from a pass rush. Is there a stat showing all QBs for 2010 (concerning pass rush completions)?

ColoradoDarin
09-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Pretty interesting site with a different point of view. I can only imagine that every QBs comp. Rate goes way down from a pass rush. Is there a stat showing all QBs for 2010 (concerning pass rush completions)?

I have no idea, first time I've been to that site (linked from IAOFM), but yeah, I'd like to see how it measures up against other QBs and Orton's previous seasons.

theAPAOps5
09-15-2011, 10:42 AM
I know you're one of my long time haters so let me explain.

I only hate on person in my life and it isn't on a forum. Hate is a strong word! I think you are a bit crazy, but who isn't :~ohyah!: Check your REP by the way :)

Peoples Champ
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
i love the gifs from this thread

<^>(-_-)<^>
09-15-2011, 11:16 AM
I only hate on person in my life and it isn't on a forum. Hate is a strong word! I think you are a bit crazy, but who isn't :~ohyah!: Check your REP by the way :)

Please reveal. Who is this person that you hate?

DrFate
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM

There isn't a single thread on this board that says 'Tebow God' - if you'd like to prove me wrong, link to it

RaiderH8r
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM

HATEBONER RULZ!!!

RaiderH8r
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
There isn't a single thread on this board that says 'Tebow God' - if you'd like to prove me wrong, link to it

Tebow isn't God; he's His son, Football Jesus.

DrFate
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Tebow isn't God; he's His son, Football Jesus.

It simply annoys me when people outright lie. I have not seen a SINGLE post on this board that said 'Tebow is a great quarterback'.

I've seen some that say 'Tebow outplayed Orton, based on last year' or 'Tebow outplayed Orton in the 2011 preseason'. But anyone who says this board is filled with people calling for Tebow because he's an amazing player is simply lying.

RaiderH8r
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
It simply annoys me when people outright lie. I have not seen a SINGLE post on this board that said 'Tebow is a great quarterback'.

I've seen some that say 'Tebow outplayed Orton, based on last year' or 'Tebow outplayed Orton in the 2011 preseason'. But anyone who says this board is filled with people calling for Tebow because he's an amazing player is simply lying.

I blew past that annoyance after a week or two and now I just embrace the absurdity of the claims.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
I agree Orton can't function without a running game but even when he's had it he still hasn't made big plays, especially in the redzone. The OL is young and inexperienced and that hasn't helped. Still...Orton is incapable of improvision when the protection breaks down. So you're also right when you say that Tebow makes more sense. Orton isn't going to improve his game, he's shown his ass and his arm and he doesn't have it in him to help the Broncos win games. Tebow should get a shot sooner rather than later so we can see if at seasons end we have to get another QB next year.

When did he have a run game in Denver? We have sucked since 2009 with the run. McD changed course with the zone blocking and with our non bruisers back there, we have garbage. When someone posted the red zone stats from last year, I was appalled. Simple put, if Fox doesn't read the same stats and knows we need a different look when the defense is bunched up (when we are inside the 10 or 15 yard line), it is time to put someone in that gives us an advantage. That guy is Tebow. If he fails at scoring, it is probably even to what Orton would give us... a field goal try.
I swear if Fox just puts him in for 8-10 plays (2 to 3 drives inside the 15), it can make a difference. I know that is taking the car from the starter who is ready to cross the finish line but it seems that starter has an engine failure, crashes and burns or runs out of gas. Time to kick in the Turbo.

fontaine
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
i wonder how bad those teams would have been if they had the awful running game we have now. if Plummer had had to throw on every down, we probably don't make the playoffs in 2003/2004/2005.

No doubt.

But man, we're not talking playoffs here, we're simply talking about respecteability, even mediocrity which would be a huge step.

For the past while you just know other teams laugh at us when they see Denver in their schedule.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
It simply annoys me when people outright lie. I have not seen a SINGLE post on this board that said 'Tebow is a great quarterback' .

How can you forget MacGruder? Also, I think Armeggdon or whatever his name is has a hard on for Tebow. Don't fool yourself. There is a small group that thinks he is all of that and don't believe what the coaches or media says about him during TC. They are basing his greatness on college and those 3 games last year. There are those that just think he gives us a better chance to win which means not drinking the Kool Aid. These posters also think that getting Luck will be a no brainer for improvement and Broncos can do what they want with Tebow (cut or trade). Those are the realist IMO. Groups get smaller to possibly 10 members which is the "Orton is The Bomb" and their president is TheElusiveKyleOrton. Debatable if the "I hate Tebow because he is an Out and About Christian" is bigger or smaller than the one above. Most know of only a few members in that group.

jhns
09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
When did he have a run game in Denver? We have sucked since 2009 with the run. McD changed course with the zone blocking and with our non bruisers back there, we have garbage. When someone posted the red zone stats from last year, I was appalled. Simple put, if Fox doesn't read the same stats and knows we need a different look when the defense is bunched up (when we are inside the 10 or 15 yard line), it is time to put someone in that gives us an advantage. That guy is Tebow. If he fails at scoring, it is probably even to what Orton would give us... a field goal try.
I swear if Fox just puts him in for 8-10 plays (2 to 3 drives inside the 15), it can make a difference. I know that is taking the car from the starter who is ready to cross the finish line but it seems that starter has an engine failure, crashes and burns or runs out of gas. Time to kick in the Turbo.

Moreno alone had like 350+ yards in the last two Ortongames last season. They were both pretty bad games for Orton(and the Broncos).

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Moreno alone had like 350+ yards in the last two Ortongames last season. They were both pretty bad games for Orton(and the Broncos).

Well, I do see he had his first 100 yard rushing performance but the total for 3 games and not 2 games was 54 for 298 yards and 2 TDs. Production we needed to see from him all the time. Probably his best 3 games stretch as a Bronco player. My point above still stands. Consistentcy is the key and we don't have it.

DrFate
09-15-2011, 12:57 PM
How can you forget MacGruder?

I might have him on ignore ;)

theAPAOps5
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Please reveal. Who is this person that you hate?

Wobet Mit

TDmvp
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2951&dateline=1316050833

:spit:

BMF Bronco
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
:spit:

THat is pretty effing funny.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Wobet Mit

Oh, you are going to get hate mail (rep) for that one. :giggle:

theAPAOps5
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh, you are going to get hate mail (rep) for that one. :giggle:

Why?

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Why?

Let Chris Kenney or is it Sirhckenney let you know why.

Agamemnon
09-15-2011, 01:38 PM
How can you forget MacGruder? Also, I think Armeggdon or whatever his name is has a hard on for Tebow. Don't fool yourself. There is a small group that thinks he is all of that and don't believe what the coaches or media says about him during TC. They are basing his greatness on college and those 3 games last year. There are those that just think he gives us a better chance to win which means not drinking the Kool Aid. These posters also think that getting Luck will be a no brainer for improvement and Broncos can do what they want with Tebow (cut or trade). Those are the realist IMO. Groups get smaller to possibly 10 members which is the "Orton is The Bomb" and their president is TheElusiveKyleOrton. Debatable if the "I hate Tebow because he is an Out and About Christian" is bigger or smaller than the one above. Most know of only a few members in that group.

And there are retards like yourself that believe whatever the coaches say must be correct. Why? Because they are coaches and coaches are always right.

By the way I've never said that Tebow will, without a doubt, be a great QB. What I have said is that Tebow is hands down better than the dog **** sculpture of a human being called Kyle Orton, and that we need to start Tebow so we can figure out how good or bad the kid is. You on the other hand rarely say anything of substance. You're a complete tool to be honest.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 01:41 PM
I appreciated your post.

It always gets crazy around here during a QB controversy (Griese, Plummer/Cutler, Orton/Simms etc) so don't let all the spam/drama on the thread deter you from sharing your thoughts again in the civil manner you've already demonstrated.

It's taken a few years but I've learned to step away from the Mane when it nose dives. When the Plummer/Cutler was being fiercely fought in here to many times I didn't. I lost it a few times, especially with Popps. It was very ugly in here then and I was a part of the ugliness because I always thought Plummer was a joke.

A similar situation is unfolding now with the Orton/Tebow debate. Iím attempting to keep my emotions in check and not let my temper get the best of me. Iím going to do my best to not get baited by the few punks on here who care more about being smartasses than talking seriously about the Broncos. Thereís about a half dozen guys that have no life outside the internet and creating division among fans with hate is all they're interested in.

TGN is a great guy and a long time Diehard fan who is just as frustrated as I am about how poorly the Broncos have played the last few years. So I hold no grudge, just as I hold no grudge against Popps although I couldnít have disagreed more with him and his opinion at the time. I donít claim to be some expert on football but I have opinion like everybody else who loves the Broncos. Weíve suffered with some bad teams over the last few years but soon maybe weíll get back to being a team and organization thatís playing good football and winning more games.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
And there are retards like yourself that believe whatever the coaches say must be correct. Why? Because they are coaches and coaches are always right.

By the way I've never said that Tebow will, without a doubt, be a great QB. What I have said is that Tebow is hands down better than the dog **** sculpture of a human being called Kyle Orton, and that we need to start Tebow so we can figure out how good or bad the kid is. You on the other hand rarely say anything of substance. You're a complete tool to be honest.

The coach situation is clearly not like the McD situation. We had no games up until preseason and Orton didnt **** that up. I am not in Dove Valley so who can I listen to? The coaches and media are there and get paid. You have the opinion that the coaches really dont think Orton should be the QB but Bowlen wants it that way. What other reason can a coach put the worst player in there? At this point, I have to listen to those that stated he digressed. I wasn't happy to hear it but if that is the truth, then he isnt ready to start. As for putting you in the MacGruder camp, you have been pumping Tebow since coming back a few months back. If I am wrong, then I apologize but with so many posters with different takes, this is how you seemed to come off. As for a tool, you havent been around enough to know that I will switch ships when it is warranted. I did it with McDaniels from a pro to a very outspoken Anti McD. Same with Shanny once the facts were put out on the table. If you want a tool, see those that couldnt let McD go regardless of all the evidence. A few still will shout for him but it was epic a month before he got fired.

Agamemnon
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
The coach situation is clearly not like the McD situation. We had no games up until preseason and Orton didnt **** that up. I am not in Dove Valley so who can I listen to? The coaches and media are there and get paid. You have the opinion that the coaches really dont think Orton should be the QB but Bowlen wants it that way. What other reason can a coach put the worst player in there? At this point, I have to listen to those that stated he digressed. I wasn't happy to hear it but if that is the truth, then he isnt ready to start. As for putting you in the MacGruder camp, you have been pumping Tebow since coming back a few months back. If I am wrong, then I apologize but with so many posters with different takes, this is how you seemed to come off. As for a tool, you havent been around enough to know that I will switch ships when it is warranted. I did it with McDaniels from a pro to a very outspoken Anti McD. Same with Shanny once the facts were put out on the table. If you want a tool, see those that couldnt let McD go regardless of all the evidence. A few still will shout for him but it was epic a month before he got fired.

The word is "regressed". And for a player who "regressed" he still somehow improved his QB rating in the preseason by 20 points over last year. But you go ahead and put your money on people who saw Orton playing better in no contact drills. :thumbsup:

And 90% percent of why I'm such a hardcore advocate of Tebow starting is that I absolutely loathe Orton as a QB. It's not because I think Tebow will play like Aaron Rodgers or something. I think he has potential, and I know Orton doesn't.

Mile High Mojoe
09-15-2011, 02:11 PM
The word is "regressed". And for a player who "regressed" he still somehow improved his QB rating in the preseason by 20 points over last year. But you go ahead and put your money on people who saw Orton playing better in no contact drills. :thumbsup:

And 90% percent of why I'm such a hardcore advocate of Tebow starting is that I absolutely loathe Orton as a QB. It's not because I think Tebow will play like Aaron Rodgers or something. I think he has potential, and I know Orton doesn't.

I'm beginning to get a real man crush on you. Every single time I see one of your posts I think you've picked my brain but put it more concise words and exacting terms than I could of.

broncocalijohn
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
^ Fair enough but I cannot believe that they start the guy that is worse. Things change. If we are sucking eggs and no reason to keep Orton starting, then yes, you might as well try out the backups. Until then, I am going with the coaches. As I have stated, there are times Tebow can be put in the game and I hope we don't sit back and wait it out like McD did with Tebow. Then I will be pissed off at the coaching staff.

Bronco Yoda
09-15-2011, 02:28 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fSi4HHNOnd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agamemnon
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
^ Fair enough but I cannot believe that they start the guy that is worse. Things change. If we are sucking eggs and no reason to keep Orton starting, then yes, you might as well try out the backups. Until then, I am going with the coaches. As I have stated, there are times Tebow can be put in the game and I hope we don't sit back and wait it out like McD did with Tebow. Then I will be pissed off at the coaching staff.

They are starting the guy that looks better in practice when he's not getting hit. This of course completely ignores Tebow's strengths because those only really come out when the hits are coming and defenders are after blood. That's also when Orton is at his worst as shown on Monday.

They are also taking the cheapest option at QB. That really can't be overstated.

Agamemnon
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm beginning to get a real man crush on you. Every single time I see one of your posts I think you've picked my brain but put it more concise words and exacting terms than I could of.

You're going to make me blush. :P

Durango
09-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Objective truth. Slim pickens around here right now.

Still think Orton is the best choice right now, but some creativity..as you noted..should be in the works.

How about Tebow lining up in the TE position, or even FB in a two-back set.

A few Tebow RZ packages would be nice.

Game reps, so when the time comes, and it probably will, Tebow is up to speed, so to speak.

ScottXray
09-15-2011, 10:14 PM
first , I think Orton is obviously not the long term answer here. Maybe TT , maybe someone else. The only unknown quantities we have right now are TT and maybe Weber. Quinn is a ? but he is really Orton all over again with
more mistakes.

As bad as Orton was last Monday ( And I lay the bulk of the loss on him as he took way too many potential points away with HIS mistakes) I also know that he is the most reasonable option to start right now. And I even think that he will probably perform much better in the next few games than last week. If the rest of the team doesn't screw things up too much we should still probably be at at least 2 , maybe 3 wins by the bye week.

But if Orton Doesn't play better and show that he can at least carry His OWN jock then Tebow should get in after the Bye week, or by mid season. The other Broncos team members really do want a shot to win too. And while they are supporting Orton now, he has to step up to keep them in his corner, and not just talk about how good he is.
As much as they say they support him, they also see the film studies and see the plays he missed open receivers on, threw in the dirt, and of course the DROP. Despite the ****ty play the game was Denvers to take...

If he plays like Monday too much more the issue will take care of itself. I don't think that he will be perfect and he is going to keep being Orton. We just need to be a little more patient.....

Agamemnon
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
first , I think Orton is obviously not the long term answer here. Maybe TT , maybe someone else. The only unknown quantities we have right now are TT and maybe Weber. Quinn is a ? but he is really Orton all over again with
more mistakes.

As bad as Orton was last Monday ( And I lay the bulk of the loss on him as he took way too many potential points away with HIS mistakes) I also know that he is the most reasonable option to start right now. And I even think that he will probably perform much better in the next few games than last week. If the rest of the team doesn't screw things up too much we should still probably be at at least 2 , maybe 3 wins by the bye week.

But if Orton Doesn't play better and show that he can at least carry His OWN jock then Tebow should get in after the Bye week, or by mid season. The other Broncos team members really do want a shot to win too. And while they are supporting Orton now, he has to step up to keep them in his corner, and not just talk about how good he is.
As much as they say they support him, they also see the film studies and see the plays he missed open receivers on, threw in the dirt, and of course the DROP. Despite the ****ty play the game was Denvers to take...

If he plays like Monday too much more the issue will take care of itself. I don't think that he will be perfect and he is going to keep being Orton. We just need to be a little more patient.....

We had four wins all of last season. Based off what we've seen so far, exactly why do you expect them to have three wins by the bye week?

fdf
09-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Finally, someone with the guts to take on this topic.

LOL

ScottXray
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
We had four wins all of last season. Based off what we've seen so far, exactly why do you expect them to have three wins by the bye week?

I don't ...Orton is Orton.

But he also is CAPABLE of playing better. Although the team has lost most of the last 33 games and Orton has had a hand in that, there were also games when he HAS played very well, and other factors caused the loss ( lack of any defense for instance).

I want the team to win, no matter who is in at QB, just as a matter of pride. Someone else pointed out the similarities between the Plummer /Cutler controversy and the Orton/ Tebow one.

Plummer was capable of playing better than he did physically his last season here....but he had a mental problem with Cutler having been drafted, and just couldn't seem to concentrate on the games. He played as if scared to lose his job and ended up causing exactly that.

Orton seems to have the same kind of thing going on, in that he is PRESSING so hard to play well and show up Tebow that he is missing the open man, forcing balls into double and triple coverage, and also highlighting his lack of mobility ( nothing new there). If he can get to a mental place of calm he might surprise us and play better. If he continues to Press he will play himself out of the starting job.

If we really end up having 4 starters out this week they will give Orton a pass no matter what he does this week. So we probably lose this Sunday. He will definitiely get the next 2 starts after that. His performance in those games is going to be the real litmus test. They already have said that they aren't going to make a change because of one game. My thought is that if we are 0-4 then they will consider a QB change..not before

My real concern is whether the staff is smart enough to know that Quinn won't be the best option to replace Orton. If they insert Quinn instead of Tebow then they really will frustrate the rest of the fan base.
It's likely they will go Orton 0-4, Quinn 1-3, before they give TT his shot.
Unless injury hurries the process up.