PDA

View Full Version : Should Tebow start? (ESPN Video)

Jesterhole
09-14-2011, 05:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6967901/denver-broncos-players-peeved-quarterback-controversy-persists

Who is the second douche? How can you watch that game and think Kyle gives this team the best chance to win?

robbieopperude
09-14-2011, 07:05 AM
I didn't watch the video but I sure noticed Trent Dilfer enjoyed watching Orton's game. Maybe it reminded him alot of himself when he was an inefficient QB in the NFL.

Note to Trent: The Denver Broncos do not have an all time great D to carry Orton's ass to a W like the Ravens did for you. Quit praising the guy. He is mediocre and does not make plays in the clutch.

maven
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Skip on the Tebow bandwagon?Ha!

Flex Gunmetal
09-14-2011, 07:55 AM
My man skip on point as usual.

Mangini is a clown.

bowtown
09-14-2011, 08:56 AM
My man skip on point as usual.

Mangini is a clown.

Did you really just call Skip Bayless your man?

strafen
09-14-2011, 08:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6967901/denver-broncos-players-peeved-quarterback-controversy-persists

Who is the second douche? How can you watch that game and think Kyle gives this team the best chance to win?

That's Eric Mangini, fired Jets head coach. I think he also got fired from Cleveland.
He loved to listen to the media, now he's sitting with them, and not coaching in the NFL ROFL! Ha!

Flex Gunmetal
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Did you really just call Skip Bayless your man?

Absolutely. He either trolls others into rage or actually has decent points.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Mangini's a guy I've wanted to punch in the face for a good 3-4 years.

Dedhed
09-14-2011, 09:40 AM
The defense of Orton is laughable, and the criticisms of Tebow are completely off the mark. Like I've said before, the media, by and large, are just stuck in a rhetoric loop that says Tebow can't play.

Nothing that actually happens matters to these people, they simply default to the rhetoric that Tebow isn't a pure passer so Orton gives Denver the best chance to win.

Jason in LA
09-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Why do players and these "insiders" keep saying that Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win? I believe he's now 4-19 in his last 24 starts. How long do the Broncos need to lose with the guy before these talking heads realize that they are not going to win with him.

PRBronco
09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Why do players and these "insiders" keep saying that Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win? I believe he's now 4-19 in his last 24 starts. How long do the Broncos need to lose with the guy before these talking heads realize that they are not going to win with him.

I know it's rhetorical, but I'm going to say we have a new starter after week 6.

maher_tyler
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
I know it's rhetorical, but I'm going to say we have a new starter after week 6.

Yep, week 7! The week after the bye, Tebow will be starting..lets pray cause i'm totally done with Orton!

DomCasual
09-14-2011, 10:00 AM
So, on a complete side note, do you think Skip Bayless is gay? That seems like it would be a tough business to be an out-of-the-closet gay guy.

I've always kind of wondered, though.

PRBronco
09-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Yep, week 7! The week after the bye, Tebow will be starting..lets pray cause i'm totally done with Orton!

Haha oh man I didn't even check when our bye week was, now that seems even more sensible :approve:

Archer81
09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
So Tebow starts in week 7...but the rest of us have to go through 4 more games with Orton?...the fates are cruel.

:Broncos:

BabyTO
09-14-2011, 10:12 AM
now i know why the jets and the browns fired mangini's ass so quickly again. maybe this is why he doesnt have a job. john fox will be sitting right next to him on that table next year

"what about reading coverages..."

what about it you moron. tebow had a better passer rating and a better win/loss record than orton did in his 3 starts compared to ortons final 3 games last season

maher_tyler
09-14-2011, 10:13 AM

Kaylore
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM
This reminds me so much of the 2006 season. A defense and special teams that kept us in games and a QB that stopped caring and played like barf. The Plummer fans didn't understand we were winning in spite of, not because of him. The difference is Orton lost and if he continues to lose then the point is moot.

Cmac821
09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Just listen to Skip Bayless, he is pro tebow but makes a lot good points I think

OABB
09-14-2011, 11:09 AM
This reminds me so much of the 2006 season. A defense and special teams that kept us in games and a QB that stopped caring and played like barf. The Plummer fans didn't understand we were winning in spite of, not because of him. The difference is Orton lost and if he continues to lose then the point is moot.

another difference, our back up now is a winner.

bowtown
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Just listen to Skip Bayless, he is pro tebow but makes a lot good points I think

Skip Bayless has never made a good point in his life. It's a fact. You can look it up.

Cmac821
09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Skip Bayless has never made a good point in his life. It's a fact. You can look it up.
Hilarious! Maybe, I'll rephrase Skip makes a pretty good case for tebow

broncosteven
09-14-2011, 12:06 PM
So, on a complete side note, do you think Skip Bayless is gay? That seems like it would be a tough business to be an out-of-the-closet gay guy.

I've always kind of wondered, though.

Didn't he say that Troy Aikman was gay and doesn't it take one to know it?

BTW I think Aikman is gay, not because I am gay but because I heard him talking about his Hummel collection and no straight guy I know has their own collection of Hummel's.

CO Bronco
09-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Title: "Broncos players irked by QB debate"

Then WIN

CO Bronco
09-14-2011, 12:14 PM
That's Eric Mangini, fired Jets head coach. I think he also got fired from Cleveland.
He loved to listen to the media, now he's sitting with them, and not coaching in the NFL ROFL! Ha!

Ank now it's easier to see why.

oubronco
09-14-2011, 12:16 PM

Except accordingy to John Clayton the coaches say he's 3rd string

Dedhed
09-14-2011, 12:58 PM
I knew as soon as they called Clayton in there was going to a litany of disingenuous reporting on why Tebow isn't starting.

razorwire77
09-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Mangini's a guy I've wanted to punch in the face for a good 3-4 years.

Please refer to him as Man "Genius." Hilarious!

broncosteven
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM

I thought our 2nd QB was listed as Quinn or Timbo?

What gives?

peacepipe
09-14-2011, 01:30 PM
I thought our 2nd QB was listed as Quinn or Timbo?

What gives?

that was just a BS way for fox to not hurt tebows feelings. everybody knows quinn is the actuall #2.

PRBronco
09-14-2011, 01:31 PM
that was just a BS way for fox to not hurt tebows feelings. everybody knows quinn is the actuall #2.

I guess his single digit passer rating against the Cardinals backups clinched it for him.

peacepipe
09-14-2011, 01:36 PM
anyway just watching NFL Live and tebow came up. M. Schlereth said that tebow was terrible in practice. also stated that he was at TC 10x this past camp & that tebow at 1 camp was throwing at below 50% against air. they finished saying that orton was still the best option & that fox would lose the lockeroom putting tebow in now.

jhns
09-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I guess his single digit passer rating against the Cardinals backups clinched it for him.

Yeah, the fact that Tebow wasn't named 2 after this preseason says a lot about this teams evaluations. It is sad but we may be in for another few long years.

PRBronco
09-14-2011, 01:43 PM
anyway just watching NFL Live and tebow came up. M. Schlereth said that tebow was terrible in practice. also stated that he was at TC 10x this past camp & that tebow at 1 camp was throwing at below 50% against air. they finished saying that orton was still the best option & that fox would lose the lockeroom putting tebow in now.

Oh good, more practice reports. Thanks Stink! I didn't pay too much attention to the new CBA, I didn't realize practices were factored into the team's record now.

peacepipe
09-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh good, more practice reports. Thanks Stink! I didn't pay too much attention to the new CBA, I didn't realize practices were factored into the team's record now.but they are factored into who plays. if you suck at practice you're gonna suck in a game. tebow has not EARNED the right to be the starter.

jhns
09-14-2011, 01:49 PM
but they are factored into who plays. if you suck at practice you're gonna suck in a game. tebow has not EARNED the right to be the starter.

Tebow looks the same as last season, the season that he completely outproduced Orton. Your theory doesn't fit with reality. He earned the starting job by outplaying the starter...

bronco militia
09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sept11milehighsportscolor.gif

KO5K
09-14-2011, 01:55 PM
but they are factored into who plays. if you suck at practice you're gonna suck in a game.

Tebow proved that theory wrong last year.

Hell, Newton proved that theory wrong this year. He was ****ing awful in preseason yet one week into the regular season and the media are loving him.

Tebow may not have 'earned' the right to be the starter but in the situation it makes sense.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 02:45 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/sept11milehighsportscolor.gif

Completely unrealistic cartoon.

No one owns an Orton jersey...

Flex Gunmetal
09-14-2011, 02:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/mfxCx.gif

PRBronco
09-14-2011, 02:50 PM
but they are factored into who plays. if you suck at practice you're gonna suck in a game. tebow has not been given a chance.

fyp

peacepipe
09-14-2011, 06:40 PM
tebow has had every chance in practice to prove himself,& has not earned it.

MagicHef
09-14-2011, 06:49 PM

I actually saw one at the game. The lady wearing it was impressively drunk, so the prevailing theory is that she must have been the butt of some sort of practical joke.

MagicHef
09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
tebow has had every chance in practice to prove himself,& has not earned it.

No one practiced with the 1s other than Orton. The decision as to who would be the starting QB was made before camp began.

bowtown
09-14-2011, 07:21 PM

I'd like to see statistics for starters with the poorest jersey sales. Orton has to be way up there.

TheReverend
09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd like to see statistics for starters with the poorest jersey sales. Orton has to be way up there.

Especially for QBs.

Honestly I think McCown and Fitzpatrick are only his competition and we all know McCown's are switching to Gabbert soon anyway.

peacepipe
09-14-2011, 07:59 PM
No one practiced with the 1s other than Orton. The decision as to who would be the starting QB was made before camp began.It doesn't matter who was intended to be the starter. if Tebust was the better QB he would be the starter.

barryr
09-14-2011, 08:02 PM
It is just a matter of time before Tebow becomes the starter. I don't hate Orton, but he just does not inspire any confidence he can make the big play when needed. It seems countless the number of times on a 3rd down, Orton is back to throw, steps up in the pocket, waits, waits, waits, sack. Or forced to throw the ball away right before getting hit.

OABB
09-14-2011, 08:07 PM
It doesn't matter who was intended to be the starter. if Tebust was the better QB he would be the starter.

brady didnt beat out bledsoe. just sayin.

myMind
09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
everybody knows quinn is the actuall #2.

Don't lump me in with fools please.

myMind
09-14-2011, 08:13 PM
but they are factored into who plays. if you suck at practice you're gonna suck in a game. tebow has not EARNED the right to be the starter.

So if you are awesome in practice you're gonna be awesome in a game then huh? Sound logic.
Tebow has the intangibles to be the starter.

myMind
09-14-2011, 08:16 PM
It doesn't matter who was intended to be the starter. if Tebow was the veteran QB he would be the starter.

fixed

Jesterhole
09-14-2011, 09:16 PM
It doesn't matter who was intended to be the starter. if Tebust was the better QB he would be the starter.

Tebow is one of the unluckiest NFL quarterbacks in a long time. One of the biggest jumps a player makes is from the 1st to 2nd year, and Tim got robbed of all the OTA's and offseason contact and work with coaches that he needed. The lockout really put him behind.

He proved at the end of last year that he can play in this league, and play well. Compare his first three games starting to any other QB's. He does things that you can't coach, can't practice...things that Orton will never be able to do in a million years.

Tim can make all the damn throws. He has a hell of an arm. He just needs reps so the game can slow down for him, like all young QB's.

Fox and crew are making a big mistake by playing Orton instead of investing in Tim. There is no way this team plays worse Monday night with Tebow at QB.

myMind
09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Tebow is one of the unluckiest NFL quarterbacks in a long time. One of the biggest jumps a player makes is from the 1st to 2nd year, and Tim got robbed of all the OTA's and offseason contact and work with coaches that he needed. The lockout really put him behind.

He proved at the end of last year that he can play in this league, and play well. Compare his first three games starting to any other QB's. He does things that you can't coach, can't practice...things that Orton will never be able to do in a million years.

Tim can make all the damn throws. He has a hell of an arm. He just needs reps so the game can slow down for him, like all young QB's.

Fox and crew are making a big mistake by playing Orton instead of investing in Tim. There is no way this team plays worse Monday night with Tebow at QB.

I agree with you, but sometimes it is impossible to make people see the forest for the trees.

Rohirrim
09-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Mangini made one good point when he said, you gave up 179 yards on the ground and the Raiders used the same game plan against you this year as they did last year. Worry about that first.

oubronco
09-15-2011, 05:52 AM
I will be glad when they finally start Tebow so we can get the jizzfest over with and move on

Jesterhole
09-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Mangini made one good point when he said, you gave up 179 yards on the ground and the Raiders used the same game plan against you this year as they did last year. Worry about that first.

There were no moves on defense to improve this. We desperately needed DT more than any position, but we ignored it and signed retreads and castoffs, just like every year. Result? We have the worst defensive line in football. Again.

All we did was add another pass rusher, and get younger at safety. While those moves could pay off in the long run, Miller is not a run stopping kind of guy, and getting yonger at safety is going to hurt before it helps.

Our linebackers are among the worst in the NFL as well. DJ Williams is nothing like his former self. Hell, I really think he only had 1-2 good years in Denver, and the rest was wasted by moving him around and messing with his head. Mays is a total joke. People say the 'love his style' or whatever, but dude can't pursue or take an angle to save his life.

So yeah, I'd get used to seeing teams run on us all game. We haven't had a defense worth a damn since 05.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 09:50 AM
I will be glad when they finally start Tebow so we can get the jizzfest over with and move on

You really think it's going to end there? Once Tebow starts, if he sucks, the witch hunt is going to reach epic proportions. It won't spare anyone. God help us if Tebow sucks, because if he does, it's going to absolutely destroy an already fractured team and fanbase.

Broncos4tw
09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Regardless of how well our D didn't do against the run, the Raiders only scored 23. A decent QB may well be able to at least score more than 23 points. And as feeble as our OL was, Orton had plenty of time and space on many occasions, and did nothing with it (except drop the ball for no good reason).

Our team has many issues. That doesn't make the issue of QB any less of a problem than it is.

jhns
09-15-2011, 11:54 AM
You really think it's going to end there? Once Tebow starts, if he sucks, the witch hunt is going to reach epic proportions. It won't spare anyone. God help us if Tebow sucks, because if he does, it's going to absolutely destroy an already fractured team and fanbase.

I doubt it. It will only unite everyone as we will all then think that this team needs a new QB. The only ones that won't think this are the very small minority of fans that are only here for Tebow.

maven
09-15-2011, 11:58 AM

Fans going to scream for Orton to start again?:rofl:

If Tebow sucks, go draft a QB.

TheReverend
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM

I totally disagree.

I think it's the missing piece of recovery (along with Fox actually preparing the effing team).

If he's good, problem solved.
If he shows potential, the optimists that somehow could manage to see a brightside of Kyle Orton will still even be happy.
If he sucks, we all move on except for a few people that are Tebow specific fans

It's the not knowing and the potential we have seen juxtaposed against Kyle "Here Have a Win!" Orton that causes such a fracture.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Fans going to scream for Orton to start again?:rofl:

If Tebow sucks, go draft a QB.

That's not what I meant. Just watch, if Tebow does not play well these are the sacrificial lambs that will be the first to get skewered:

McCoy: Has no idea game plan to Tebow's talents.

Fox: Isn't good at developing QBs and is not putting the right pieces in place to make Tebow successful.

Offensive Line: All should be traded or cut, including Clady.

WRs: Aren't providing Tebow with the targets he needs. All should be traded or cut.

Defense: Always making Tebow play from behind. All should be traded or cut.

John Elway: In way over his head and now that we think back was he really even ever as great as we thought he was at QB? I mean he couldn't win without TD, and has no idea how to help Tebow become great.

If Tebow does not turn out to be the answer, many fans will blame anybody else before thy blame Tebow. I hope it doesn't happen like that, but I see an awful lot of signs pointing in that direction already.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I totally disagree.

I think it's the missing piece of recovery (along with Fox actually preparing the effing team).

If he's good, problem solved.
If he shows potential, the optimists that somehow could manage to see a brightside of Kyle Orton will still even be happy.
If he sucks, we all move on except for a few people that are Tebow specific fans

It's the not knowing and the potential we have seen juxtaposed against Kyle "Here Have a Win!" Orton that causes such a fracture.

We'll find out. I hope you are right.

jhns
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
That's not what I meant. Just watch, if Tebow does not play well these are the sacrificial lambs that will be the first to get skewered:

McCoy: Has no idea game plan to Tebow's talents.

Fox: Isn't good at developing QBs and is not putting the right pieces in place to make Tebow successful.

Offensive Line: All should be traded or cut, including Clady.

WRs: Aren't providing Tebow with the targets he needs. All should be traded or cut.

Defense: Always making Tebow play from behind. All should be traded or cut.

John Elway: In way over his head and now that we think back was he really even ever as great as we thought he was at QB? I mean he couldn't win without TD, and has no idea how to help Tebow become great.

If Tebow does not turn out to be the answer, many fans will blame anybody else before thy blame Tebow. I hope it doesn't happen like that, but I see an awful lot of signs pointing in that direction already.

Wait, so your argument is that Denver fans are suddenly going to start making excuses for the QB? You must be pretty new.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Wait, so your argument is that Denver fans are suddenly going to start making excuses for the QB? You must be pretty new.

No, my fear is not that Denver fans are going to start making excuses for a QB. It's that they are going to start making excuses for Tim Tebow.

jhns
09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
No, my fear is not that Denver fans are going to start making excuses for a QB. It's that they are going to start making excuses for Tim Tebow.

Never going to happen. You Ortonites, who are a very small minority, are the only Bronco fans that are willing to make excuses for **** QB play. I see many of you throwing the line under the bus and the pass blocking was well above average on Monday. You Ortonites are a joke and there will be just as few of you standing up for Tebow if he fails.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Never going to happen. You Ortonites, who are a very small minority, are the only Bronco fans that are willing to make excuses for **** QB play. I see many of you throwing the line under the bus and the pass blocking was well above average on Monday. You Ortonites are a joke and there will be just as few of you standing up for Tebow if he fails.

Please point out the post where I displayed any great love for Kyle Orton.

jhns
09-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Please point out the post where I displayed any great love for Kyle Orton.

No.

bowtown
09-15-2011, 12:33 PM
No.

That's what I thought.

jhns
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM
That's what I thought.

Well I typed it out, so I win.